PO Entry Currency

In PO entry screen, it seems like currency id is a required field and always
default to z-us$.  Is there any way I can make it not required because some
of my vendors didn’t have currency id?
0
BAB (57)

Hi,
You can achieve it through by modifing PO Entry form using Modify Current
window, Select the properties for Currency ID field and set the Required
Property as false and save the changes to the form. Then Open GP and activate
the Modified form, this is one kind of way lets wait for others input on this.

Regards,
Shan.

"Bab" wrote:

> In PO entry screen, it seems like currency id is a required field and always
> default to z-us$.  Is there any way I can make it not required because some
> of my vendors didn’t have currency id?
0
shan1 (43)
1/6/2009 11:28:04 AM
This answer is incorrect for a couple of reasons:

1. Modifier won't allow you to make a field non-required when dexterity has
it set to required.

2. Even if you could (or knew a trick to make it non-required) and you could
save the data, technically that data is 'damaged' because if you have MC
enabled then this is a required field.  That is going to likely lead to
issues you would rather not have.

patrick
dev support

"shan" <shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> You can achieve it through by modifing PO Entry form using Modify Current
> window, Select the properties for Currency ID field and set the Required
> Property as false and save the changes to the form. Then Open GP and
> activate
> the Modified form, this is one kind of way lets wait for others input on
> this.
>
> Regards,
> Shan.
>

> "Bab" wrote:
>
>> In PO entry screen, it seems like currency id is a required field and
>> always
>> default to z-us$.  Is there any way I can make it not required because
>> some
>> of my vendors didn't have currency id?

0
prot1 (1345)

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...

PO Approvals and Receivings
We have been using Purchase Order Enhancements without any problem but after deleting some users we have problems with PO Approvals. Whenever any item is received against a PO the PO goes to an unapproved status. We get an error msg 'The PO has exceeded your Approval Authority Amount and will be saved as unapproved'. Thanks shaista ...

Timeline for Journal entries?
Can one display the journal entry also in a timeline format (similar to the Calendar's timeline format)? Ideally I would even love to the see the two combined. Is that possible? This is in Outlook 2002/XP. Michael in the journal folder? Yes, there should be a timeline view for the journal folder. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tip...

Security for the PO in the PO Preview Window
Hello: I know that, in the Security window, there is the "Document Access" Type that prevents a user from having access to POs and sales orders and so forth. But, apparently, this has no effect on the Purchase Orders Preview window. You see, there is a user who goes into SOP and utilizes the SOP to POP link to create POs. In the Purchase Orders Preview window, she has a message at the bottom of the window saying "You do not have access to this document type". And, because of this, she cannot generate a PO. She has access to the items listed in the "Document T...

Import an OFX file with CAD currency
I am trying to import a file. This file contains currency CAD <CURDEF>CAD. My account is in canadian dollar. When i try to import this file I get the folowing message File Import: Your statement contained a default currency (CAD) which was unrelated to the currency of the account 'Desjardins Checking'. Money does not support statements containing unrelated default currencies. Is <CURDEF>CAD a good value to Money ? What sould I do ? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Francois Lapointe wrote: >I am trying to import a file. This file contains currency >CAD...

WorkFlow Error when submitting PO for Approval
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C9A8AC.A3DCD610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everyone, I have installed, setup and configured WorkFlow in GP 10.o with SP 3 and = everything seem fine and working except that when I create a PO and = submit for approval, the GP responds back with an error message saying " = A WorkFlow error occurred on PO # ?????? . Please review the document = and resubmit if necessary". Any help would be appreciated highly ------=_NextPart_000...

Making the AND function look at only part of a cell entry
I am trying to identify different conditions that might exist with data using an AND statement embedded in an IF statement. The cell entries in column K might contain the word "composite", but there will be many times when the cell will have other words as well, e.g. Composite class/Multi-managed. I've looked at other posts on the board and tried various wild card-type solutions but can't find a way to make the AND statement look at only part of the cell. =IF(AND(G2="dupe",I2="x"),"delete",IF(AND(G2="dupe",K2="comp...

Problems with inputting currency in a form
Hi All, So I have a form that is bound. In particular I have a text book whose control source is a field in a table. Its format is currency. The problem is: if the form is in regular view and someone goes to the text box and types 4, it comes up as 40. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, K ...

list box to verify data entry-can't stop auto trailing entry inclu
Table Data3 Env_no number list box , table/query, row source personal info by alphabet Date date/time Designation text Contribution currency Table Personal info Env_no number L_name text F-name text Range of env_no is 0 to 1000 Problem is that when I start to type 3 in table Data3 it shows 399 in listbox if I next type 0 the list box shows 305 if I then type "spacebar" the list box shows 30 When entering data quickly I would like it to show only digits actually typed (and stored when "return Key&q...

PO Invoice Posting Journal
There are clients who save their posting journals who wish to in addition to the IV Variance report have the transactions Marked that there were Purchase Price/Cost Variances on the Purchase Order Invoice Posting Journal (when the items received previously cost is different from the Invoiced Cost). The desired issue is to have the report have a check mark indicating in a column that there was a variance when the transaction was posted. Report Writer does not allow this due to the table linking and the customer does not want to pursue Crystal Reports options. ---------------- This post ...

Exporting PO
Hello everybody. I am trying to export only the POs from RMS to Quickbooks.I have check the reports, but there is no one that shows me the POs in detail (Supplier, Items and Costs) Does anyone have idea if there is a way to do this? thanks in advance... Juan And the name of those reports would be....??? "Gerd" wrote: > Here are 2 reports i use(d) for our QB interface. > > > "JuanSe" <JuanSe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:182242C6-09CB-4793-A95A-00CDB577167C@microsoft.com... > > Hello everybody. > > > > I ...

PO amount different on PO Entry screen from printed PO
Hi, We have a problem that seems to happen every month. In the Purchase Order Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. However if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only $472,451.66. The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure out why. It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department... Ideas? Thanks, --Nathan Nathan, What version and service pack of GP? Are there PO's entered manually or imported? Is the PO report modified? Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?...

name entry
when i entry names in contact they are displayed incorrectly - last name is the first name and vise versa. can someone please tell me how to correct it? -- thanks, Preacherman We could if you told us how and where you are entering the name and what setting you specified for the field you are using. -- Russ Valentine "preacherman" <preacherman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0920B20E-CD41-46AA-9787-CF71DAFF0A81@microsoft.com... > when i entry names in contact they are displayed incorrectly - last name > is > the first name and vise v...

linking spinner and button entries
I'm trying to achieve a dual way of incrementing the contents of a cell using the spinner and / or buttons from the forms toolbar. Example - Cell B1 contains the number 5 spinner increments the entry by 1. Cell now contains the number 6 Button then increments same entry by 1 each time it's clicked (4 clicks). Cell now contains the number 10. Spinner works OK, Being a novice (especially to macros) I'm now struggling to get the button to work. I can get it to increase by 1 (using another cell for the result) but it only worlks once because cell B1 remains constant. Can anyone...

Multiple Receiving Trx for single PO
Hi, Hope you are doing great. Please help me out to solve the following issue: GP9 accepted Shipment/Invoice twice against same PO. First Shipment/Invoice received full qty and all item. PO Status for that PO is not changed from received to closed after posting the Receiving Trx. Still the PO status is 'Received' and allowing the same PO to receive against new Receiving Trx.I have run check link and Reconcile it's not corrected, Payable aged report showing two invoices against same document no. Am I missing any POP setup or is it the latest feature? Because I am getting th...

Collating entries from multiple sheets
Dear Experts, I have 28 separate worksheets (classes of drugs) and from column O on each of those worksheets I want excel to look down the column and detect when there is text entered (drug name) and record it in a separate sheet. At the end of the day I want one sheet which collects those occurences of text in column O and lists them on the Summary Sheet. I should then have one sheet with certain drug names (meeting a particular criteria) from 28 classes of drugs. Column O may have 100 rows but only 16 entries of text. I only want the text collected. Is this possible? ...

Currency setup in new company
hello: I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. Please see the movie below: http://faculty.rio.edu/campbell/gp90_rjc/rjc_bbal2.htm Thanks Richard Campbell Hi Richard, I assume you are only using one $US currency for the moment. Go to Tools->Setup->Financial->MultiCurrency and select your functional currency from there. You will probably have to set up a Reporting currency as well. Cheers. R. "Richard_J_Campbell" wrote: > hello: > I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. > Please...

Journal Entries
is it possible to make journal entries to correct a balance and if so how would I go about this. I think I understand what you want. You just need to adjust a balance that is not right? Make an account adjustment. Put Account Adjustment as the payee name and enter the amount of money that is need to correct the balance. Cindy "Colleen" <ck@masotti.com> wrote in message news:0a0901c3932b$5f1738a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... is it possible to make journal entries to correct a balance and if so how would I go about this. ...

MO and PO SQL table locking?
Would anyone be aware if there is a way to identifiy if someone is currently viewing a record thru GP with some form of table idenitifier or does GP invoke a SQL physical lock on the record? Any feed back would be great! You could check the table SY00800 and SY00801. >-----Original Message----- >Would anyone be aware if there is a way to identifiy if >someone is currently viewing a record thru GP with some >form of table idenitifier or does GP invoke a SQL physical >lock on the record? > >Any feed back would be great! > > >. > PERFECT - Thanks! &g...

Mass Update for Multiple Entries
I am currently using Money 2003 Deluxe. I could really use some help here to save me some time. What I do is download my account entries from my bank. When doing so, if the payee details are the same as an earlier entry the category information defaults to an earlier entry. This is great and saves me a lot of duplicate work. I have a lot of entries from UPS as I ship with them daily. That being said, the payee information is always different for these entries since as it includes the tracking number which is unique for each package. Because of this, the category information doe...

Update of PO Quantities after PO Return
When a user enters a Return transaction against a PO Receipt in the PO Enhancements module, the stock quantity of the item is updated appropriately. However no changes are made to the original PO quantities. If you issue a PO to a vendor to buy 50 of an item, and then receive 20, the PO says that 20 have been "previously shipped", and the remaining 30 are stored in a field I found in Smartlist called Uncommitted Quantity in Base. If you then return the initial 20 to the vendor, GP will take the 20 out of stock, but the PO still says 20 have been received, and the vendor on...

Allow entry of drop ship type PO's on discontinued type inventory.
In 2006, our company is no longer in the parts business, so we don't carry parts items in our warehouse, however the manufacturer still carries the items. In order to remove them from our inventory database these items must be tagged as type "discontinued" and have no quantity on hand, available or allocated. At year end I was able to purge many of these items, however some parts inventory was still on hand at 12/31/05. We sold these quanitites in 2006 to deplete our inventory, but now we only want to drop ship these parts to our customers instead of carrying them in ou...