PO amount different on PO Entry screen from printed PO

Hi,

We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the Purchase Order 
Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35.  However 
if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only 
$472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure out 
why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...

Ideas?

Thanks,

--Nathan
0
6/6/2007 9:05:01 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 4 followers. Follow

9 Replies
811 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 54

Nathan,

What version and service pack of GP?
Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
Is the PO report modified?
Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.


"Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the Purchase Order
> Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. 
> However
> if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
> $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure 
> out
> why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
>
> Ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Nathan 


0
victoria (3340)
6/7/2007 9:12:03 AM
In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The screen 
display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that PO 
(Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?  And does 
this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?

-- 
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP
Documentation for Software Users

Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at 
http://www.AccoladePublications.com



"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Nathan,
> 
> What version and service pack of GP?
> Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
> Is the PO report modified?
> Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?
> 
> -- 
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> 
> 
> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the Purchase Order
> > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. 
> > However
> > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
> > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure 
> > out
> > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
> >
> > Ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --Nathan 
> 
> 
> 
0
info4071 (3004)
6/8/2007 2:12:00 AM
We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually.  The PO 
report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.

I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount shown on 
the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.

I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results Monday.

Thanks for the replies!

--Nathan


"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The screen 
> display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that PO 
> (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?  And does 
> this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
> 
> -- 
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
> 
> Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at 
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> 
> 
> 
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > Nathan,
> > 
> > What version and service pack of GP?
> > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
> > Is the PO report modified?
> > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?
> > 
> > -- 
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> > 
> > 
> > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the Purchase Order
> > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. 
> > > However
> > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
> > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure 
> > > out
> > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
> > >
> > > Ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > --Nathan 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
6/8/2007 5:48:00 PM
Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem still exists, 
and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking for other 
ideas...

Thanks,

--Nathan


"Nathan Sadownick" wrote:

> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually.  The PO 
> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
> 
> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount shown on 
> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
> 
> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results Monday.
> 
> Thanks for the replies!
> 
> --Nathan
> 
> 
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> 
> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The screen 
> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that PO 
> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?  And does 
> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
> > 
> > -- 
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> > 
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at 
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> > 
> > > Nathan,
> > > 
> > > What version and service pack of GP?
> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
> > > Is the PO report modified?
> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens to?
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> > > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the Purchase Order
> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is $590,776.35. 
> > > > However
> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't figure 
> > > > out
> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
> > > >
> > > > Ideas?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > --Nathan 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
0
6/21/2007 4:05:01 PM
Nathan,

If the amount on the screen is correct, then it may be a problem with the PO 
report.  Since you're not using a modified report what you can do is 
recreate the report.....one way to do this:

- Exit GP.
- On the workstation you're on, make sure your dynamics.set file is pointing 
to a local reports.dic (as opposed to a shared one).
- Go to the local path specified for reports.dic in your dynamics.set file 
and if there is already a reports.dic file there, rename it or move it 
elsewhere.
- Re-enter GP and reprint the PO - do you still have the issue?

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.


"Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:E103E58B-AA84-454A-AF7C-D8755CB01F35@microsoft.com...
> Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem still 
> exists,
> and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking for 
> other
> ideas...
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Nathan
>
>
> "Nathan Sadownick" wrote:
>
>> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually.  The 
>> PO
>> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
>>
>> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount shown 
>> on
>> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
>>
>> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results 
>> Monday.
>>
>> Thanks for the replies!
>>
>> --Nathan
>>
>>
>> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>>
>> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The 
>> > screen
>> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that PO
>> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?  And 
>> > does
>> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Richard L. Whaley
>> > Author / Consultant / MVP
>> > Documentation for Software Users
>> >
>> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
>> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Nathan,
>> > >
>> > > What version and service pack of GP?
>> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
>> > > Is the PO report modified?
>> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens 
>> > > to?
>> > >
>> > > -- 
>> > > Victoria Yudin
>> > > Dynamics GP MVP
>> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
>> > > in
>> > > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
>> > > > Hi,
>> > > >
>> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the 
>> > > > Purchase Order
>> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is 
>> > > > $590,776.35.
>> > > > However
>> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
>> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't 
>> > > > figure
>> > > > out
>> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
>> > > >
>> > > > Ideas?
>> > > >
>> > > > Thanks,
>> > > >
>> > > > --Nathan
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > 

0
victoria (3340)
6/22/2007 8:45:47 PM
Hi Victoria,

If I follow these steps, I get an error stating 'Unable to open dictionary:  
<local path>/Reports.dic.

I get this error if I try to print to screen, or my printer.  How can I 
reprint this if I'm pointing to a local path that does not contain a 
reports.dic file?

Thanks,

--Nathan


"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Nathan,
> 
> If the amount on the screen is correct, then it may be a problem with the PO 
> report.  Since you're not using a modified report what you can do is 
> recreate the report.....one way to do this:
> 
> - Exit GP.
> - On the workstation you're on, make sure your dynamics.set file is pointing 
> to a local reports.dic (as opposed to a shared one).
> - Go to the local path specified for reports.dic in your dynamics.set file 
> and if there is already a reports.dic file there, rename it or move it 
> elsewhere.
> - Re-enter GP and reprint the PO - do you still have the issue?
> 
> -- 
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> 
> 
> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:E103E58B-AA84-454A-AF7C-D8755CB01F35@microsoft.com...
> > Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem still 
> > exists,
> > and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking for 
> > other
> > ideas...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --Nathan
> >
> >
> > "Nathan Sadownick" wrote:
> >
> >> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually.  The 
> >> PO
> >> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
> >>
> >> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount shown 
> >> on
> >> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
> >>
> >> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results 
> >> Monday.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the replies!
> >>
> >> --Nathan
> >>
> >>
> >> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >>
> >> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The 
> >> > screen
> >> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that PO
> >> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?  And 
> >> > does
> >> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > Richard L. Whaley
> >> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> >> > Documentation for Software Users
> >> >
> >> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> >> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >> >
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > Nathan,
> >> > >
> >> > > What version and service pack of GP?
> >> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
> >> > > Is the PO report modified?
> >> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens 
> >> > > to?
> >> > >
> >> > > -- 
> >> > > Victoria Yudin
> >> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> >> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
> >> > > in
> >> > > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> >> > > > Hi,
> >> > > >
> >> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the 
> >> > > > Purchase Order
> >> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is 
> >> > > > $590,776.35.
> >> > > > However
> >> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is only
> >> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we can't 
> >> > > > figure
> >> > > > out
> >> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
> >> > > >
> >> > > > Ideas?
> >> > > >
> >> > > > Thanks,
> >> > > >
> >> > > > --Nathan
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > 
> 
0
6/25/2007 7:45:00 PM
Nathan,

I believe that error indicates a Windows permissions issue - the Windows 
user you're logged in as needs to have FULL CONTROL of the entire GP 
directory and the Reports.dic file if you've put it somewhere other than the 
GP directory.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.


"Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:DB260B18-B750-420D-87D9-F46E0AAC3E7A@microsoft.com...
> Hi Victoria,
>
> If I follow these steps, I get an error stating 'Unable to open 
> dictionary:
> <local path>/Reports.dic.
>
> I get this error if I try to print to screen, or my printer.  How can I
> reprint this if I'm pointing to a local path that does not contain a
> reports.dic file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Nathan
>
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> If the amount on the screen is correct, then it may be a problem with the 
>> PO
>> report.  Since you're not using a modified report what you can do is
>> recreate the report.....one way to do this:
>>
>> - Exit GP.
>> - On the workstation you're on, make sure your dynamics.set file is 
>> pointing
>> to a local reports.dic (as opposed to a shared one).
>> - Go to the local path specified for reports.dic in your dynamics.set 
>> file
>> and if there is already a reports.dic file there, rename it or move it
>> elsewhere.
>> - Re-enter GP and reprint the PO - do you still have the issue?
>>
>> -- 
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>
>>
>> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E103E58B-AA84-454A-AF7C-D8755CB01F35@microsoft.com...
>> > Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem still
>> > exists,
>> > and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking for
>> > other
>> > ideas...
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > --Nathan
>> >
>> >
>> > "Nathan Sadownick" wrote:
>> >
>> >> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually. 
>> >> The
>> >> PO
>> >> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
>> >>
>> >> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount 
>> >> shown
>> >> on
>> >> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
>> >>
>> >> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results
>> >> Monday.
>> >>
>> >> Thanks for the replies!
>> >>
>> >> --Nathan
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The
>> >> > screen
>> >> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that 
>> >> > PO
>> >> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)? 
>> >> > And
>> >> > does
>> >> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
>> >> >
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > Richard L. Whaley
>> >> > Author / Consultant / MVP
>> >> > Documentation for Software Users
>> >> >
>> >> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
>> >> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> > > Nathan,
>> >> > >
>> >> > > What version and service pack of GP?
>> >> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
>> >> > > Is the PO report modified?
>> >> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens
>> >> > > to?
>> >> > >
>> >> > > -- 
>> >> > > Victoria Yudin
>> >> > > Dynamics GP MVP
>> >> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> 
>> >> > > wrote
>> >> > > in
>> >> > > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
>> >> > > > Hi,
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the
>> >> > > > Purchase Order
>> >> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is
>> >> > > > $590,776.35.
>> >> > > > However
>> >> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is 
>> >> > > > only
>> >> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we 
>> >> > > > can't
>> >> > > > figure
>> >> > > > out
>> >> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > Ideas?
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > Thanks,
>> >> > > >
>> >> > > > --Nathan
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> >> > >
>> 

0
victoria (3340)
6/26/2007 11:25:50 AM
Hi Victoria,

I've double checked and made sure that I have the appropriate Windows 
permissions to that directory (which I do).

If you launch Great Plains, and it is unable to find a reports.dic file in 
the directory that you've specified in the dynamics.set file, will it create 
a new reports.dic file?

Thanks again,

--Nathan


"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Nathan,
> 
> I believe that error indicates a Windows permissions issue - the Windows 
> user you're logged in as needs to have FULL CONTROL of the entire GP 
> directory and the Reports.dic file if you've put it somewhere other than the 
> GP directory.
> 
> -- 
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> 
> 
> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:DB260B18-B750-420D-87D9-F46E0AAC3E7A@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Victoria,
> >
> > If I follow these steps, I get an error stating 'Unable to open 
> > dictionary:
> > <local path>/Reports.dic.
> >
> > I get this error if I try to print to screen, or my printer.  How can I
> > reprint this if I'm pointing to a local path that does not contain a
> > reports.dic file?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --Nathan
> >
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Nathan,
> >>
> >> If the amount on the screen is correct, then it may be a problem with the 
> >> PO
> >> report.  Since you're not using a modified report what you can do is
> >> recreate the report.....one way to do this:
> >>
> >> - Exit GP.
> >> - On the workstation you're on, make sure your dynamics.set file is 
> >> pointing
> >> to a local reports.dic (as opposed to a shared one).
> >> - Go to the local path specified for reports.dic in your dynamics.set 
> >> file
> >> and if there is already a reports.dic file there, rename it or move it
> >> elsewhere.
> >> - Re-enter GP and reprint the PO - do you still have the issue?
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> Dynamics GP MVP
> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >>
> >>
> >> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:E103E58B-AA84-454A-AF7C-D8755CB01F35@microsoft.com...
> >> > Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem still
> >> > exists,
> >> > and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking for
> >> > other
> >> > ideas...
> >> >
> >> > Thanks,
> >> >
> >> > --Nathan
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Nathan Sadownick" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually. 
> >> >> The
> >> >> PO
> >> >> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
> >> >>
> >> >> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount 
> >> >> shown
> >> >> on
> >> >> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
> >> >>
> >> >> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results
> >> >> Monday.
> >> >>
> >> >> Thanks for the replies!
> >> >>
> >> >> --Nathan
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >> >> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >> >>
> >> >> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The
> >> >> > screen
> >> >> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile that 
> >> >> > PO
> >> >> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)? 
> >> >> > And
> >> >> > does
> >> >> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
> >> >> >
> >> >> > -- 
> >> >> > Richard L. Whaley
> >> >> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> >> >> > Documentation for Software Users
> >> >> >
> >> >> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> >> >> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> >
> >> >> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >> >> >
> >> >> > > Nathan,
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > What version and service pack of GP?
> >> >> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
> >> >> > > Is the PO report modified?
> >> >> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this happens
> >> >> > > to?
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > -- 
> >> >> > > Victoria Yudin
> >> >> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> >> >> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> 
> >> >> > > wrote
> >> >> > > in
> >> >> > > message news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
> >> >> > > > Hi,
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the
> >> >> > > > Purchase Order
> >> >> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is
> >> >> > > > $590,776.35.
> >> >> > > > However
> >> >> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is 
> >> >> > > > only
> >> >> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we 
> >> >> > > > can't
> >> >> > > > figure
> >> >> > > > out
> >> >> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > Ideas?
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > Thanks,
> >> >> > > >
> >> >> > > > --Nathan
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> >> > >
> >> 
> 
0
6/26/2007 3:14:05 PM
Nathan,

Yes, if it need a reports.dic file and it's not there, it will create one. 
If you're still getting that error, try logging into Windows as the local 
admin and see if that works.

-- 
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions, Inc.


"Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:8C43B656-7B4A-4168-BB78-BE8472BD985B@microsoft.com...
> Hi Victoria,
>
> I've double checked and made sure that I have the appropriate Windows
> permissions to that directory (which I do).
>
> If you launch Great Plains, and it is unable to find a reports.dic file in
> the directory that you've specified in the dynamics.set file, will it 
> create
> a new reports.dic file?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> --Nathan
>
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Nathan,
>>
>> I believe that error indicates a Windows permissions issue - the Windows
>> user you're logged in as needs to have FULL CONTROL of the entire GP
>> directory and the Reports.dic file if you've put it somewhere other than 
>> the
>> GP directory.
>>
>> -- 
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>
>>
>> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:DB260B18-B750-420D-87D9-F46E0AAC3E7A@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi Victoria,
>> >
>> > If I follow these steps, I get an error stating 'Unable to open
>> > dictionary:
>> > <local path>/Reports.dic.
>> >
>> > I get this error if I try to print to screen, or my printer.  How can I
>> > reprint this if I'm pointing to a local path that does not contain a
>> > reports.dic file?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > --Nathan
>> >
>> >
>> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Nathan,
>> >>
>> >> If the amount on the screen is correct, then it may be a problem with 
>> >> the
>> >> PO
>> >> report.  Since you're not using a modified report what you can do is
>> >> recreate the report.....one way to do this:
>> >>
>> >> - Exit GP.
>> >> - On the workstation you're on, make sure your dynamics.set file is
>> >> pointing
>> >> to a local reports.dic (as opposed to a shared one).
>> >> - Go to the local path specified for reports.dic in your dynamics.set
>> >> file
>> >> and if there is already a reports.dic file there, rename it or move it
>> >> elsewhere.
>> >> - Re-enter GP and reprint the PO - do you still have the issue?
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Victoria Yudin
>> >> Dynamics GP MVP
>> >> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote 
>> >> in
>> >> message news:E103E58B-AA84-454A-AF7C-D8755CB01F35@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Well I ran the reconcile process, but to no avail.  The problem 
>> >> > still
>> >> > exists,
>> >> > and we're still sitting here scratching our heads.  Still looking 
>> >> > for
>> >> > other
>> >> > ideas...
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks,
>> >> >
>> >> > --Nathan
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Nathan Sadownick" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> We're on v8 with service pack 5.  The PO's are enterened manually.
>> >> >> The
>> >> >> PO
>> >> >> report is not modified.  Not a lot of changes are made.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I ran check links, however have not tried a reconcile.  The amount
>> >> >> shown
>> >> >> on
>> >> >> the screen (in the Purchase Order Entry window) is correct.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I will try the reconcile process this weekend and post the results
>> >> >> Monday.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Thanks for the replies!
>> >> >>
>> >> >> --Nathan
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >> >> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>> >> >>
>> >> >> > In addition to Victoria's questions, which total is correct?  The
>> >> >> > screen
>> >> >> > display or the printed form?  Have you tried to run a reconcile 
>> >> >> > that
>> >> >> > PO
>> >> >> > (Tools ->Utilities-> Purchasing->Reconcile Purchasing Documents)?
>> >> >> > And
>> >> >> > does
>> >> >> > this Reconcile process clean up the problem PO?
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > -- 
>> >> >> > Richard L. Whaley
>> >> >> > Author / Consultant / MVP
>> >> >> > Documentation for Software Users
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books 
>> >> >> > at
>> >> >> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > > Nathan,
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > > What version and service pack of GP?
>> >> >> > > Are there PO's entered manually or imported?
>> >> >> > > Is the PO report modified?
>> >> >> > > Are there typically a lot of changes to the PO's that this 
>> >> >> > > happens
>> >> >> > > to?
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > > -- 
>> >> >> > > Victoria Yudin
>> >> >> > > Dynamics GP MVP
>> >> >> > > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > > "Nathan Sadownick" <NathanSadownick@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> >> >> > > wrote
>> >> >> > > in
>> >> >> > > message 
>> >> >> > > news:621D171E-E91C-459C-BDFA-74A260B7F207@microsoft.com...
>> >> >> > > > Hi,
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > We have a problem that seems to happen every month.  In the
>> >> >> > > > Purchase Order
>> >> >> > > > Entry window, the subtotal on this one particular PO is
>> >> >> > > > $590,776.35.
>> >> >> > > > However
>> >> >> > > > if we print the PO, the subtotal amount on the printed PO is
>> >> >> > > > only
>> >> >> > > > $472,451.66.  The only seems to happen on random PO's and we
>> >> >> > > > can't
>> >> >> > > > figure
>> >> >> > > > out
>> >> >> > > > why.  It's starting to annoy our Purchasing department...
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > Ideas?
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > Thanks,
>> >> >> > > >
>> >> >> > > > --Nathan
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > >
>> >> >> > >
>> >>
>> 

0
victoria (3340)
6/27/2007 11:34:41 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Print values dynamically on a form
I have a form that needs to display values from an array on the form; how do I achieve the following? If item count in array is < 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 and so on If items in array is > 20 then print Val1 Val2 Val3 Val4 Val5 Val6 Val7 Val8 Val9 and so on The following code works fine and prints values in two columns butI need to modified it to print in three columns if nItemsCount > 20 for i=1 to nItemsCount If i Mod 2 Then nX = nX * 25 nY = nY - 15 End If myVal.Name = "myVal&...

Commerical printing with Publisher 2003
I am doing the layout for an instructional manual that will (we estimate) have 130 pages. This manual will be going for printing and binding to a commercial print house. I recently spoke to a professional design and layout artist, who expressed a concern that Publisher 2003 may not be suitable for this task. They recommended InDesign, as to send my document to the commercial printer I must also do a printer spread (or imposition file) in order for the printer to be able to print, crop, fold and bind the document. I was also told that graphics must be CYMK in opposed to RGB (I do see tha...

Problems with different versions of Access
Hello, I am working on a VBA Access pplication which connects to a SQL Server database. I have a continuous form displayed with data, ad it is linked to a database table, so when I enter a value from my form the data in instantaneously updated in the database. The problem I have is that this form works perfectly when I am developping, and using my developpement environement (with Access allowing me to set breakpoints, go step by step in the code and so on), but it does not work when I use it in the PC of the ending user : in this case, when I enter a value in the form, and click in a...

PO problem
We migrated from APOP to GP POP when we upgraded to 7.5. I have about 2500 PO's that are showing closed in the system but will not transfer to history. It acts like they are moving and they don't show up in the list on the next time to remove PO's but they still show up on open PO's. I have ran ck links and found no problems. I ran reconcile and got the following message "**ERROR: Qty committed in base is greater than the qty remaining to receive." and then at the end of the report it says "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild th...

problem printing to PDF
( I realize that this is more of printing newsgroup issue, but having gotten no results there (after a few days....)) ---> problem with acrobat (when printing to PDF's) not printing the value of the cell, but printing the graphic of the page (ex: lines, borders, and fill) case 1 the cell values have been formatted by VB code: none of the values print, only the graphic of the page (ex: borders etc...); if I select a cell (any cell) and reset the font (thru the usual excel / format / cells...) ; it seems to consistently be OK, and everything prints case 2 the cell values are simple cel...

combining columns from to different files so that the rows match
I have three files, all with a common column B labeled Serial Numbe (numeric). The other two files have additonal columns, Program Clas Code (text) in column C and Division (text) in Column D. Not all row have data in them, as some are blank. I would like to combine al three files, so that the information from the two files with th Division Code and the Program Class code match the serial numbers. B combining the row information from three different Excel files, I wil create one file with all the information. The only criteria is tha the serial numbers that identify each row, regardless o...

Cannot generate PO Number
Hi All, I am facing a problem with automatic generate PO Number, the application is working on this senario: SELECT ISNULL(MAX(CAST(RIGHT(PONumber, 7) AS INT)), 0) + 1 AS NextPONumber FROM PurchaseOrder WHERE ISNUMERIC(PONumber) <> 0 my max is '9999999', so it is generate a new one with PONumber = '10000000' then every time it is cannot generate a next one cause of '0000000' can anyone help me on this ? ...

Different first page header
Is there any way to have the header on the first page be different then = the=20 rest? I have a data entry form and with date, time, location, air = temp, wind=20 direction, percent cloud cover and other information on first half of = the the=20 first page. Then the second half of the first page and the following = pages=20 only have species, quantity, and remarks. In order to be able to sort = the=20 data, I didn't want to enter the column titles on each page, but I did = want=20 the column headers there when the sheets are printed. So I was hoping = to=20 have it be in the headers o...

When printing an email, the body is blank...how do I fix this?
When printing an email using Microsoft Outlook, the header, footer , subject, etc. appears but the body is blank...how do I fix this? This is really frustrating because I need paper copies of these emails on file for my work. Thank You ...

Print Entire workbook problem
I've been printing multiple sheet workbooks, no problem. Then I added a new sheet, call it sheet 3. Now when I try to print "entire workbook" it prints sheets 1-2 then 4-11 then sheet 3. What's going on? If I try to print ot PDF it prints sheets 1-2, prompts to print, then sheet 3, prompts again, then 4-11, creating 3 separate pdf files. Odd thing is in both cases the printed page numbers are correct for entire workbook. Any help? Thanks, ...

POS Extended Amount Flips to Positive on a return when changed?
Microsoft Retail Manager Version 1.3.1002 Hi, I recently had a problem balancing when i noticed that a return i processed was incorrectly journaled. Generating a detailed sales report also illustrated the same error. The quantity sold was -1, the sold price was -ve but the total sale was +ve, whereas when correct the quantity sold is -1 the sold price is +ve and the total sale is -ve. How This Happened: In POS I processed the return in what I thought was the usual manner. I pressed the return button and then because the item being returned had a reduced value I changed the extended price th...

window.print
I'm using XP SP3. I have a table, created with .asp, that shows up nicely on the screen, but when I print it with window.print and it extends over several pages, the entry in the 1st row, 1st column is blank on the second and subsequent pages. If I change font size, which changes the number of pages printed, the behavior stays the same: entry in 1st row, 1st column of second and subsequent pages is blank. Where do I start looking for the cause of this problem, and how can I fix it? Thanks, Gerry Metze Printer type? After clicking print did you check preferences? ...

Different Logos in Two Deployments in same server
Hi, We are working on MSCRM 4.0 and we are facing a problem that we want to install the different logos for different deployments for outr CRM. We have the single server and 2 differenct CRM deployments and we want to use separate logos for each deployment. We try to change the Masthead.jpg file but the problem we get the same logo in the two deployments. Can anyone guide us how we can acheive two different logos in two different deployments but in same server. Thanks. On Feb 4, 2:32=A0am, Elays <El...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Adding new columns in the PO contents grid?
Can anybody tell me how I can add new columns in the PO contents grid? I need to do this so I can sort the line items on the PO print out. Or is there a way to do this in the PO.XML template? ...

GL
Used to be, when I entered the account number the information displayed. Now, I have press the redisplay button using the MOUSE. Another downgrade. If I enter the account number then why must I press the redisplay button. Do the programmers just feel that I do not have enough work to do and NEED to hit yet one more button. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Printing booklets #3
Printing booklet on Publisher 98. Page blanks out when I try to print answering no to whether wanting to print separate -- Oldie Learner Might want to check out an updated printer driver from the manufacturer's web site. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Birkdale" <Birkdale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B54FE6D-AEAF-45EA-B737-E3F24554959D@microsoft.com... > Printing booklet on Publisher 98. Page blanks out when I try to print > answering no to whether wanting to print ...

Copy information from one cell to several different cells
I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however they put the name and address together in one cell and I need them in seperate cells so I can sort on the address. Is there a way I can take the information in one cell and move it to several different cells, without having to cut and paste every one of the 2000 cells. If they are separated by a common delimiter, you can use the Data->'Text to Columns...' feature. -- Regards, Dave "BRyan" wrote: > I received an Excel document that has 2000 plus names and addresses, however > th...

I want to calculate 3 different % from the same cell
I am making an invoice that will figure a discount for a certain amount of sale, all from the same cell, if the subtotal is < 500 then they will get no discount, if it is > 500 they will get a 5%, and if it is > 750 they will get a 10% discount, what formula do i use?? -- cardfan057 You don't say what you want if the amount is exactly 500 or 750 but try: =A1*(1-((A1>=750)+(A1>=500))*5%) -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace@mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "cardfan057" <cardfan057@discussions.micro...

Need two different data types to give me a total
I'm not an Excel expert, but I'm pretty sure there's a formula for what I need to obtain a total. I need to determine what my total (count?) would be if d2:d30="x" and g2:g30=not blank. Can anyone help me determine the formula to get this total? Thanks in advance. -- twc Hi, Try this =sumproduct(($D$2:$D$30="x")*($G$2:$G$30<>"")) -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "silk723" <silk723@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0892B416-1765-4757-BBBD-FF2...

Strange Print Problem
My forms have a print button which prints a report displaying the same information shown on the form. So far, so good. I found that a few users were using Ctrl P to print and therefore printing the form instead of the report. I have fixed this problem by calling the print button code when the user presses Ctrl P. This works great except for one form where it ignores the keydown code, UNLESS I press the print button first. If the print button has been pressed previously then Ctrl P works just the way I want it to. But if you press Ctrl P before the print button is pressed the standard p...

Mail merging on a 4 up Post card using duplex printing...possible?
I have Publisher 2003...on Windows Server 2003 OS...and a duplex capable color laser by Kyocera/Mita. No matter what combination of factors I seem to try (preinter settings vs. or in combination with Publisher settings), I am not capable of doing a 4 up duplex mail merge of a postcard on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper...i.e., I wanted to print all 4 of the same side of the postcard, and have their corresponding mailing address appear on the correct quarter of the page on the reverse side of the full page. Is there some easy factor I am overlooking? Is it even possible to print this way? Hopefu...

Copying certain ceels in 1 sheet to another sheet in different locations
Hi, Sheet1 contains a list of names with and information about each name in the same line that is numbered from 1 to 45. The first name is in cell B14 (A14 is for its number which is 1). I have also sheet2. In this sheet I want to obtain information from sheet1 from some of the cells and put them in different locations in sheet2. To make it more clear: Sheet1 Sheet2 B14 to B7 D14 to B8 E14 & F14 & G14 To B9 H14 to E14 Average of I14, J14 to F14 A...

2 Differant Global address books
I have 1 forest with 2 child domains off the root. I would like users in domain A to see only users and groups from domain A in their global address book and users in domain B to see only users and groups from domain B in their Global address book. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of some referance material I can use to set this up?-- Mike C On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 04:31:04 -0700, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 1 forest with 2 child domains off the root. >I would like users in domain A to see only users and groups from domain A in >their globa...

collation different between MSCRM and other db's
We have found what we believe may be a problem, or at least a complication with our CRM setup. The MSCRM and Metabase dbs have a collation of Latin1_General_CI_AS. Every other db on this server (master, model, tempdb, the 4 BizTalk dbs, MSCRM_Integration, MSCRM_Distribution, and CRM_Crystal) all are SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. Support has told us that CRM picks up the collation from the OS, the rest pick up the collation from SQL Server, and that this will cause no problems. At the very least this is causing complications when we attempt to query across dbs, getting the error "Canno...

PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal is different
Hi: I have a problem in Purchase Order. I saw today that there is a difference between PO Subtotal and PO Remaining Subtotal. This is a new PO and there is no receiving or cancelation is done. What is the reason. Thanks ...