PM Transaction Posting Journal

I need to add the Dist Ref line into this report to print the batch edit
list.  I was able to pull the field in but can' get it to print with the
FIELD 9 (account number).  Has anyone else been able to add to this fields
before?

This is a copy of the KB Article 865470

This article discusses how to add the Distribution Reference from the
Payables Distribution window to the Transaction Posting journal.

Note Do not follow this resolution if you are using Inter-Company
transactions.

This information can be added, but you will lose your Tax information from
this journal report. If the Distribution information is of more value on
these journals than the Tax information, proceed as follows.

1. Go into Report Writer by clicking Tools | Customize | Report Writer.

2. Open the report.

3. Click on the Reports icon from the top menu bar.

4. From the Original Reports side, highlight the PM Transaction Posting
Journal and click Insert.

5. From the Modified Reports side, highlight the same report and click Open.

Restrictions

1. In the Report Definition window, click Restrictions.

2. In the Report Restrictions window, highlight the Voucher Number
Restriction and click Delete.

3. Click Yes to delete the Restriction.

4. Close the Report Restrictions window.

Tables

1. In the Report Definition window, click Tables.

2. In the Report Table Relationships window, highlight the Payables Journal
Distribution Temporary File and click Remove.

3. Click OK to remove.

4. Highlight the PM Transaction Work file and click New.

5. Highlight the PM Distribution Work Open and click OK.

6. Highlight the PM Distribution Work Open and click New.

7. Highlight the Account Master and click OK.

8. Close the Report Table Relationships window.

Layout

1. In the Report Definition Window, click Layout.

2. Remove all of the fields from the B section of the Report by highlighting
the fields one at a time and then pressing the Delete key on the keyboard.

3. In the toolbox, select Account Master from the drop-down list.

4. In the scrolling window, find Account Number and drag it into the B
section on the report.

5. Do this with the Account Description as well.

6. In the toolbox, select the Distribution Work Open.

7. Drag the Debit Amount, Credit Amount and Distribution Reference fields
into the B.

8. Click the X from the top right-hand corner of the Report Layout window to
close the window.

9. Save your changes.

Restrictions

1. In the Report Definition window, click Restrictions.

2. In the Report Restrictions window, click New.

3. Name the Restriction Table Dummy.

4. In the Fields section, click on the drop-down list for Report Table and
select the PM Distribution Work Open.

5. Click on the drop-down list for Table Fields and select Apply to Document
Type.

6. Click Add Field.

7. In the Operators section, select the = button.

8. In the Fields section, click on the drop-down list for Report Table and
select the PM Distribution Work Open.

9. Click on the drop-down list for Table Fields and select Apply to Document
Type.

10. Click Add Field.

The Restriction Expression should read:

PM_Distribution_Work_Open.Apply To Document Type =
PM_Distribution_Work_Open.Apply To Document Type

11. Click OK.

12. Close the Report Restrictions Window.

13. Click OK in the Report Definition window.

14. From the top menu bar, click File and then click Great Plains Dynamics.

15. Give users access to the modified report in the Security Setup window
(Setup | System | Security) within Dynamics.

"Historical outstanding check report" wrote:

> I need to add the Dist Ref line into this report to print the batch edit
> list.  I was able to pull the field in but can' get it to print with the
> FIELD 9 (account number).  Has anyone else been able to add to this fields
> before?
0
LeslieVail (702)

Transaction log file
Hi all, if exchange database is not backed for years so it wolud result in a pile up of transaction log files so there would be a situation where in the last log file would turn up to EFFFFFF.log further it cannot create a log file so how do we take a backup as the store comes down On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:25:03 -0800, Gomat.G.B <Gomat.G.B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > if exchange database is not backed for years so it wolud result in a pile >up of transaction log files so there would be a situation where in the last >log file would turn up to EFFFFFF.lo...

Posting Setup Changing
I have a question regarding the posting setup for transaction or batch jorunal entry. My client has an issue where they want all transactions for the gl to be posted as a jounral entry per batch. We have set this options for all series and origins. But it does not seem to be sticking. We made sure the settings were right this am and when the Receivables Cash Reciepts got posted this afternoon they were posted to the gl as transactions not batch. I have verified that the system was only changed this am, by running the security set-up report. I am wondering if for some reason the ...

# of transactions does not equal
I would like to know...if this just applies to version 7...or version 8...or both...and IF there is REALLY going to be a fix offered. As per usual this is one of the many confusing technical articles I have access to through the maintenience plan......... we are on Version 8 With the latest service pack...and are receiving this error when posting payables batches???? Updating to version 9...is not an option.... Tami TechKnowledge Content Issue Summary: Error Verifying Batch Total And Transactions In POP Issue Detail: Receiving two errors when trying to post or print an edit list...

Matching transactions
What are the "rules" for money's matching transactions? I find that it constantly mismatches items when the name is different and the amount is different. Is there a way to direct it to "only" match exact amaounts? I don't need it to attempt to match to similar entries. Money 2004 deluxe. Scott ...

Strange posting failure
Much of what I've posted since January 21st has gone into a black hole.=20 After running many tests it turns out that only the newsgroups on the = NNTP server msnews.microsoft.com ("Microsoft Communities") are affected. Posting to newsgroups other than the public Microsoft ones was normal. After much troubleshooting, the logical conclusion was that my Microsoft Communities account in Windows Mail was corrupted. Yet all the sent posts saved to Sent Items, without any error message. Deleting the = account and recreating it did not fix the problem. Tried two other newsread...

PM Apply/ PM Void
Hi, Is there a way to do a bulk PM Apply? I have an excel sheet with the payments (entered in GP as manual payments) and Invoices (Payables Invoices in GP) with the apply information like the apply amount, date etc. Is there some kind of integration available for PM Apply using eConnect, Integration Manager, Dex, VB etc? I am also looking to do the above for PM Void, a bulk void for different vendors and for certain documents. Please let me know any help is apprciated ...

Recording Credit Card Transactions
Hello, (newbie here, with MS Money 2006) Just wondering what is the best way to record credit card payments in money. How should I record the payment in my checking account and credit card account - looking for the right category. Thanks for the help. Presuming you have an account created for both the checking account and the credit card, use a TRANSFER form, or the special "Credit Card Payment" category. This will apply the payment to the credit card and you'll only have to do it once. -- "andespoint" <andespoint@no_spam_yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

ACH transactions
We are in the processing of deciding to ACH travel reimbursements to employees through Great Plains. Does anyone know how this is done? If they are set up as vendors, you would need EFT for Payables Management or have a way for your bank to take a file that you create for it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Christina" wrote: > We are in the processing of deciding to ACH travel reimbursements to > employees through Great Plains. Does anyone know how this is done? ...

Error posting cash receipt
We are receiving the follwoing error in one database only; Batch 20090908_LW failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery winodow to complete the posting process. More Info button says; A get/change operation on table 'CM_Deposit_Work' failed. A record was already locked. We are on GP9.0 SP1 "TMack" wrote: > We are receiving the follwoing error in one database only; > Batch 20090908_LW failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery winodow > to complete the posting process. > > More Info button says; > A get/change operation on table 'C...

Project errors and financial transaction errors
We have great plains erros in card-project and transaction-Financial the error is get/change table not found this error appear in many serieses we need the answer as soon as possible because we face a huage problem best regards Kareem, Looks like some of the Table have not been Installed. Go to File Maintenance SQL and select the relevant DB and Series. Highlight the missing table (the missing table will be in the error message) and click Create Table and process. This process should create the missing table. Do a BACKUP before you do anything. Ajay "Kareem.salem@newhorizons....

How to calculate number of transaction per application in Great Pl
Hello, We are in the process to migrate to a new server at our Head office and I need to figure on the amount of transactions that we have on our current Great Plains companies that occur on either daily/weekly/ or monthly basis. Can you help on how and where I can execute either a report or SQL statement?. The modules that we currently use are Sales, Purchasing and Financial. Thank you in advance If you are posting transactions to the GL in detail, you could possibly sum all the transactions in the GL for the open year and come up with a summary. Failing that you probably have to s...

CASH INVESTMENT TRANSACTION
Hi, I have deposited my money in a Bank for fixed interest and fixed amount of time. I am from Canada so they call as Guaranteed Investment Certificates. Now when I set up an Investment account and entered Cash Transaction in it, the updated portfolio showing my total amount as market value. That is true but nothing was shown in purchases. OK thas fine, but at the same time in Cost basis the whole amount as shown. But it included interest which is payed monthly, or quarterly, or semi annually. Now this makes me confuse how to set up my amount seposited and consider interst as my gain? C...

Inventory Posting #2
Something strange is happenning with Inventory Batches. It is configured to post through to the GL. But the past couple of days there is a message 'edit required' in batch recovery. When I lookat the batch it says 'account entry incomplete'. If I do an inquiry, or print a report witht he tranaction source the batch prints, and there are no errors, the accounts are there and the debit and credits balance. Is the account description there? It may be showing the entered account number for an account that has been deleted. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 200...

Formating h:mm AM/PM
I have a time sheet that requires a space be enter between the time and AM or PM, 1:00 PM instead of 1:00PM. Entery without the space gives "#Value!" in the destination cell. Is there a way of formating this so as the person doing data entery can omit the space and yet the space shows after they hit enter, or not there after they hit enter? Does it matter? I have tried formatting without the space through custom formatting and that does not seem to change anything. (xl2000 on xp) On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:17:08 -0800, Mike R <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

How to delete GL Transactions in Historical Year?
Some of our transactions were posted to previous year and without noticing Year end closing procedures were performed and 4 months since it was discovered that some transactions which ought to have existed in GL for this year are not displayed in the current year and I can't go back to previous year as it is marked history!! Early help would be appreciated. We are using GP 7.5 on MSDN!! "Faiz Muntaqa" wrote: > Some of our transactions were posted to previous year and without noticing > Year end closing procedures were performed and 4 months since it was > di...

Project Trans tables- posted and unposted transactions
I need some help narrowing down the tables for a project transaction detail report that would include posted and unposted project transactions. My client wants a transaction detail report that would include these columns: Date, Batch ID, Document ID, Cost Category, Description, Actual Cost. They could run this report for any project and it would list all costs associated with that project. I see some references to a combined history table- does that include all of the posted project transactions? And does anyone know what table would the unposted transactions be in? Thanks...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...

Post a historic transaction
I have recently implemented RMS in my store. We went live on 15th August. Is there any way i can post 1 transaction for my trading income received from 1st to 14th August so that RMS reconciles with my accounting software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_026C_01C6CC2C.CD33F700 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Baf, Try it and see. Make a backup first!!! Change the date on the computer, make your sale, zout and change the = date back. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You mu...

Successful credit card transaction download yields no transactions in register
Running MNY 2002, been running for years ..all good. Suddenly Oct 25, there were no credit card transactions dwnloaded , despite a normal download request. i searched via google and found and ran the ms mny file repair .. still no good...anybody? ...

Automatic Categorization of downloaded transactions
Hello Money Users, I'm asking this question after 2-3 days of effort, googling and searching on this news group. I definitely need your help. I have set up my credit cards, banks and download statements, no problems. But most of the downloaded transactions come with blank (unassigned) category even though I have set up in Tools/Options/Category/Require Category for each transaction. I have even set up Autocomplete (although i don't think it would realy help). Is there any way that I can instruct Money categorize automatically from downloaded transactions? Or atleast can it r...

how do I change a cell permanently to PM from AM?
I would like to do this permanently to the template, so that I have timesheets that I don't hav eto change everytime I input my time data. Thx The question is not clear so here are some suggestions B1: =A1-0.5 A1: 11:00 PM ---> B1: 11:00 AM =IF(A1>0.5,A1-0.5,A1) Menu:Data>Validation... Allow:Time, Data:Less then or Equal to, End time: 12:00 Hope it helped Ola Sandstr´┐Żm -- olasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=17760 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Manufacturing Component Transaction entry
Version 9 of Great Plains, SQL Server. Is it true that the manufacturing module does not have its own source document? and uses inventory transaction entry transaction information? This seems really strange to me. When I looke at Inventory transactions (inquiry>Inventory>Item transaction, I cant tell the difference between manufacturing trx and regular inventory transactions. I can tell POP receipts, BOM assembly entry, etc but not manufacturing? Seems very strange and incomplete... -- Doug Hi, MFG and other modules use IV adjustments/transfer to move inventory etc. Th...

Autoname when sending Posting Reports to files
It seems like the posting reports option to 'send to file' would be much more useful if you could turn off the ask user (?) box and just have the posting reports sent to autonamed files. Especially when using the pdf formats and you don't have the ability to append to existing files, simply providing the option to auto-name the files that are archived would make sense. It could just be named something as simple as the report name with a suffix of the audit trail code to keep it unique (ie. General Posting Journal - GLTRX000000156). We've had a lot of clients which wan...

Transaction by Document not opening
I just upgraded from version 6 to Dynamics 9 SP4 (9.00.0352). For some reason now I can't open Transaction by Document (Inquiry-Sales). Any ideas why that doesn't open? I tried logging on as 'sa' and myself with neither working. This window was not modified in the previous version. Thanks, Beth Well, that was the immediate point that came to my mind. Form being Modified. You can still give it a try to revert the access back to the original GP form (to ensure that you do have access to that form), by either doing it from Advanced Security or by running the Security Rec...

Perform special processing for transaction with external applicati
My client would like to use a fob (magnetic storage) to process transactions. I understand that I can create an add-in and launch it from the RMS system. Must all of the processing be handled by the external application or COM component or can the RMS receive a return value from the called application and then perform certain actions such as continuing to process the transaction. Here is an example of a transaction.... Customer has a fob that currently holds $45 worth of "credit". He wishes to purchase a sweatshirt from the pro shop for $35. The fob works with a fob read...