PM check numbering

Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run, is
there a reason why a check number might be skipped?

Thanks,
M.

M,

When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment
Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't change
the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available check
number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed a check.

Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check and
if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will use the next
available check number.

You can look at either the Checkbook Register or the Bank Transactions
SmartList (add a column called CM Trx Number for the check numbers) to see
where/if the skipped check number has actually been used.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"M. E. Houston" <m.e.houston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run,
> is there a reason why a check number might be skipped?
>
> Thanks,
> M.

0
victoria (3340)
2/8/2007 9:44:17 AM
Victoria,

Manual Payments put records in PM30200 and PM30300, don't they?  There is
nothing in either table referencing the missing check number.  Nor is there
a record for the check number in the Bank Transactions SmartList.  I've also
checked the limited auditing capabilities of GP, and no one did any
maintenance on the specific checkbook record in the time frame surrounding
the missing check number.  I remembered after I posted that the check number
is stored in the checkbook master and the record could have been modified.

Any other suggestions?

Ta,
M.

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> M,
>
> When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment
> Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't
> change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available
> check number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed
> a check.
>
> Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check
> and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will use the
> next available check number.
>
> You can look at either the Checkbook Register or the Bank Transactions
> SmartList (add a column called CM Trx Number for the check numbers) to see
> where/if the skipped check number has actually been used.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "M. E. Houston" <m.e.houston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check run,
>> is there a reason why a check number might be skipped?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> M.

Manual payments, if they are not posted, could also be in PM10400.  and if
there is a 'stuck' record in payables using that check number you can see it
in PM00400.  I don't think there is an equivalent table for Bank Rec,
though.

The only other time I can think of a check number being skipped is in the
following scenario:

- Next available check is 1001
- User A opens the manual payment window, so the transaction grabs the next
available check number (1001), bringing the next available check number to
1002
- User B goes to print a check run, system suggests check number 1002, since
1001 is 'held' by the manual payment
- User B skips check 1001, just in case, and prints, 1002 and 1003, next
available check number goes to 1004
- User A changes payment type to Cash and finishes entering the manual
payment
- Check number 1001 is never used, next available check number is 1004

(Similar scenario can happen for a Bank Transaction)

Hard to tell what exactly happened in your case without looking at it, but
if this happens a lot and none of the scenarios I desribed sound plausible,
you might want to talk to your GP partner or GP support about it.

--

> Victoria,
>
> Manual Payments put records in PM30200 and PM30300, don't they?  There is
> nothing in either table referencing the missing check number.  Nor is
> there a record for the check number in the Bank Transactions SmartList.
> I've also checked the limited auditing capabilities of GP, and no one did
> any maintenance on the specific checkbook record in the time frame
> surrounding the missing check number.  I remembered after I posted that
> the check number is stored in the checkbook master and the record could
> have been modified.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> Ta,
> M.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> M,
>>
>> When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment
>> Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't
>> change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next available
>> check number is used by this transaction even though you have not printed
>> a check.
>>
>> Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check
>> and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will use the
>> next available check number.
>>
>> You can look at either the Checkbook Register or the Bank Transactions
>> SmartList (add a column called CM Trx Number for the check numbers) to
>> see where/if the skipped check number has actually been used.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>>

>> "M. E. Houston" <m.e.houston@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Other than the user overriding the check number for a payables check
>>> run, is there a reason why a check number might be skipped?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> M.

0
victoria (3340)
2/8/2007 7:08:44 PM
Victoria,

Checked PM10400 and PM00400 and the check is not there.  I don't know what
happened either 'cause the accounting people waited 5 days to let me know
there was an issue.  I'll pass on the manual payment scenario you outlined
below.  Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.

Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.

> [...]
>>
>> Ta,
>> M.
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>>> M,
>>>
>>> When you go to enter a Manual Payment transaction, the default Payment
>>> Method is Check...if someone is recording a wire payment, but doesn't
>>> change the Document Number or the Payment Method, then the next
>>> available check number is used by this transaction even though you have
>>> not printed a check.
>>>
>>> Similarly, when you enter a Bank Transaction, the default Type is Check
>>> and if you don't change that or the Number, this transaction will use
>>> the next available check number.
>>>
>>> You can look at either the Checkbook Register or the Bank Transactions
>>> SmartList (add a column called CM Trx Number for the check numbers) to
>>> see where/if the skipped check number has actually been used.

Wow! This is horrible from an auditing standpoint!

We have the same situation - two checks are missing in a range and we can't
prove to our auditors why they're not there (they don't show up in the Bank
Transactions SmartList). We issue manual payments on occasion - is there any
way we can convince the auditors that Victoria's scenario is what happened to
cause our missing numbers?

--
GP 9.0, SP1

"M. E. Houston" wrote:

> Victoria,
>
> Checked PM10400 and PM00400 and the check is not there.  I don't know what
> happened either 'cause the accounting people waited 5 days to let me know
> there was an issue.  I'll pass on the manual payment scenario you outlined
> below.  Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.
>
> Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> M.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> > Manual payments, if they are not posted, could also be in PM10400.  and if
> > there is a 'stuck' record in payables using that check number you can see
> > it in PM00400.  I don't think there is an equivalent table for Bank Rec,
> > though.
> >
> > The only other time I can think of a check number being skipped is in the
> > following scenario:
> >
> > - Next available check is 1001
> > - User A opens the manual payment window, so the transaction grabs the
> > next available check number (1001), bringing the next available check
> > number to 1002
> > - User B goes to print a check run, system suggests check number 1002,
> > since 1001 is 'held' by the manual payment
> > - User B skips check 1001, just in case, and prints, 1002 and 1003, next
> > available check number goes to 1004
> > - User A changes payment type to Cash and finishes entering the manual
> > payment
> > - Check number 1001 is never used, next available check number is 1004
> >
> > (Similar scenario can happen for a Bank Transaction)
> >
> > Hard to tell what exactly happened in your case without looking at it, but
> > if this happens a lot and none of the scenarios I desribed sound
> > plausible, you might want to talk to your GP partner or GP support about
> > it.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
> >

> > "M. E. Houston" <m.e.houston@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Victoria,
> >>
> >> Manual Payments put records in PM30200 and PM30300, don't they?  There is
> >> nothing in either table referencing the missing check number.  Nor is
> >> there a record for the check number in the Bank Transactions SmartList.
> >> I've also checked the limited auditing capabilities of GP, and no one did
> >> any maintenance on the specific checkbook record in the time frame
> >> surrounding the missing check number.  I remembered after I posted that
> >> the check number is stored in the checkbook master and the record could
> >> have been modified.
> >>
> >> Any other suggestions?
> >>
> >> Ta,
> >> M.
> >>
> >> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message

0
Bud (544)
4/24/2007 3:24:00 PM
Bud,

I don't think there is any way in GP to 'prove' this unless you have a SQL
trace on everything going back to when this happened.  But there should be
one of 2 ways to prove the checks were never used:

1. If no one used the 'skipped' checks, hopefully they were saved with VOID
written on them.  This is typically what I see in organizations...however, I
have also seen people shred the unused checks, in which case:
2. You can show that these checks were never cashed by the bank, which could
be proven by the bank statements.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Wow! This is horrible from an auditing standpoint!
>
> We have the same situation - two checks are missing in a range and we
> can't
> prove to our auditors why they're not there (they don't show up in the
> Bank
> Transactions SmartList). We issue manual payments on occasion - is there
> any
> way we can convince the auditors that Victoria's scenario is what happened
> cause our missing numbers?
>

> --
> GP 9.0, SP1
>

> "M. E. Houston" wrote:
>
>> Victoria,
>>
>> Checked PM10400 and PM00400 and the check is not there.  I don't know
>> what
>> happened either 'cause the accounting people waited 5 days to let me know
>> there was an issue.  I'll pass on the manual payment scenario you
>> outlined
>> below.  Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.
>>
>> Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> M.
>>
>> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
>> > Manual payments, if they are not posted, could also be in PM10400.  and
>> > if
>> > there is a 'stuck' record in payables using that check number you can
>> > see
>> > it in PM00400.  I don't think there is an equivalent table for Bank
>> > Rec,
>> > though.
>> >
>> > The only other time I can think of a check number being skipped is in
>> > the
>> > following scenario:
>> >
>> > - Next available check is 1001
>> > - User A opens the manual payment window, so the transaction grabs the
>> > next available check number (1001), bringing the next available check
>> > number to 1002
>> > - User B goes to print a check run, system suggests check number 1002,
>> > since 1001 is 'held' by the manual payment
>> > - User B skips check 1001, just in case, and prints, 1002 and 1003,
>> > next
>> > available check number goes to 1004
>> > - User A changes payment type to Cash and finishes entering the manual
>> > payment
>> > - Check number 1001 is never used, next available check number is 1004
>> >
>> > (Similar scenario can happen for a Bank Transaction)
>> >
>> > Hard to tell what exactly happened in your case without looking at it,
>> > but
>> > if this happens a lot and none of the scenarios I desribed sound
>> > plausible, you might want to talk to your GP partner or GP support
>> > about
>> > it.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Victoria Yudin
>> > Dynamics GP MVP
>> > Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>> >

>> > "M. E. Houston" <m.e.houston@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)
4/24/2007 7:53:05 PM
I guess we'd have to use #2, because we print on blank check stock :-)

Since we're also using Safe Pay, I would hope that would appease the
auditors...

--
GP 9.0, SP1

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Bud,
>
> I don't think there is any way in GP to 'prove' this unless you have a SQL
> trace on everything going back to when this happened.  But there should be
> one of 2 ways to prove the checks were never used:
>
> 1. If no one used the 'skipped' checks, hopefully they were saved with VOID
> written on them.  This is typically what I see in organizations...however, I
> have also seen people shred the unused checks, in which case:
> 2. You can show that these checks were never cashed by the bank, which could
> be proven by the bank statements.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions, Inc.
>

> "Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Wow! This is horrible from an auditing standpoint!
> >
> > We have the same situation - two checks are missing in a range and we
> > can't
> > prove to our auditors why they're not there (they don't show up in the
> > Bank
> > Transactions SmartList). We issue manual payments on occasion - is there
> > any
> > way we can convince the auditors that Victoria's scenario is what happened
> > cause our missing numbers?
> >

> > --
> > GP 9.0, SP1
> >

> > "M. E. Houston" wrote:
> >
> >> Victoria,
> >>
> >> Checked PM10400 and PM00400 and the check is not there.  I don't know
> >> what
> >> happened either 'cause the accounting people waited 5 days to let me know
> >> there was an issue.  I'll pass on the manual payment scenario you
> >> outlined
> >> below.  Maybe that will ring a bell with someone.
> >>
> >> Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> M.
> >>
> >> "Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message

0
Bud (544)

Setting Automatic Spell Check
Cannot not activate spell check button in Outlook Express 6.(grayed out on tool bar). Would like to include automatic spell check before sending out emails. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress...

SafePay and Voided Checks
We're using the SafePay module to create "issuance" files which are uploaded to the bank for fraud protection. The problem we're having is when a check is issued and then voided on the same day. When this occurs, there are two (2) entries for the same check # in the SafePay export file. As a result, when we import this through our bank utility, the file is rejected due to duplicate check numbers. The notes in the KB regarding voiding checks (as it relates to SafePay) suggests voiding the check on a different day ... or generating / uploading the issuance file with ...

MsgBox with number of paragraphs formatted with a user-defined paragraph style
Dear Experts: I would like to loop thru all paragraphs and check how many paragraphs have been formatted with a specific user-defined paragraph style (say user-defined-style-1). A Msg Box is to show me the numbers of paragraphs formatted with this style. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Something like Dim oSection As Section Dim oPara As Paragraph Dim i As Long i = 0 For Each oSection In ActiveDocument.Sections For Each oPara In oSection.Range.Paragraphs If oPara.Style = "user-defined-style-1" Then i = i + 1 ...

Maximum number of Sheets?
Just a quick question: - How many sheets can a work book have? The reason I am asking is that I have a very large spreadsheet that contains a nested Vlookup formula to return values from other workbooks. I am thinking of transfering all the sheets from the other workbooks to my main Spreadsheet to speed up the Vlookup process( which can take a very long time). They will be around 100 sheets. IS this possible Anthony Yes, that's possible. The number of sheets only depends on the amount of memory in your computer. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. &q...

How do Count a the number of times a date range appears within a date range!?
I'm stumped, I have no real idea on how to do this so any help much appreciated! I have a start date (no year ie, 1st December) and an end date (again no year say 5th Jan), And a date range, eg 11th May 2001 to 1 January 2006 for info late: 1st Dec to 5th Jan = 35 days How do i get a count of the number of 1st Decemebers to 5th Januarys in that date range for example 1st December 2001 to 5th January 2002 is 1st 1st December 2002 to 5th January 2003 is 2nd 1st December 2003 to 5th January 2004 is 3rd 1st December 2004 to 5th January 2005 is 4th 1st December 2005 to 1th January 2006 is...

Best Practice Error Checking
As a rule of thumb, is it better to let the DB engine throw an error back to the caller, or do you do it in your SP code? In the case of a user already existing in a table, should I check that at the start of my SP, or let the Engine catch it as a PK violation and send the message to to client? Always looking to improve my code... I bet you this is one of those ... It depends ....... Thanks Paul > As a rule of thumb, is it better to let the DB engine throw an error back > to the caller, or do you do it in your SP code? In the case of a user > alread...

how to round a number to the max value
hi has anyone have to round a number to the maximun value? for example if i have 3.8 the result will be 4 and if i have 3.2 also have 4 as the round number? thanks for your help. Hi Gab, Try this Knowledge Base (KB) article. Disregard the "ACC2000:" in the title, since it should apply equally well to other versions of Access: How to Round a Number Up or Down by a Desired Increment http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209996 You might also find these KB articles of interest: Round or Truncate Currency Values to the Intended Number of Decimals http://support.microsof...

Owner Draw Check-Buttons
Hi, I've just recently found out about how to control a button's image using CBitmapButton in ownerdraw mode. Is there any way to apply ownerdraw to a checkbox that has the button style? I tried CBitmapButton to paint the ownerdraw buttons but could not find anything equivalent for painting checkboxes that are displayed like buttons. Thanks for any advice. Dave ...

Number searching
Hello, I'm trying to search for a number (like 7 for example) in Articles (and other places), and it does'nt work. another thing about searching - what is 'similar words' refers to? what considerd to be similar word? ...

I need to individually number each business card. I.E. 1, 2, 3, .
Use mail merge. Read the posting I just made for printing individual postcards. Same procedure. -- Ron Cohen "Marty Graw" <Marty Graw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3DD237BF-0498-408E-A310-67A5DE9DBDFE@microsoft.com... > --- AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.807 / Virus Database: 549 - Release Date: 12/7/2004 ...

Just checking ...
I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of my Office apps show the 12.2.1 label. In fact, the only clue I can find at all that anything happened in is my MacHD > Library > Receipts folder, where I see "Office2008_en_ooxml_12.2.1.incremental.pkg". Is this correct? Should I see anything else with this? Thanks. -- Sandy sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious) http://www.sandymike.net on mine, in Word, Menu: Word, About Word, it says "Update 12.2.1" --rms Sandy Foster wrote: > I ran the installer package yesterday, but none of m...

Checking Activity Status within Rule
Hello, Within a rule, how do we determine the value of an Activity's status in a Check Condition (if statement), not in a Wait Condition? For example, we'd like to do something like: If Activity.status=completed then do this... else do that... At the moment, we can't figure out how to check the Activity's status because it seems that an Activity is not considered an Object, so we are limited to Waiting until our Activity (Task) is Completed and then kicking off the next Activity (Task), without checking the Activity status. We assume that if the Task is Canceled ...

Calculating a number sequence
I have a control on a form called ABCDNbr. The makeup of the control is ABCD/Cnbr/Year and the format is "ABCD"/000/0000;0;_ Where "ABCD" is static Cnbr is a hidden control based on a field of my table where the default value is =Nz(DMax("[Cnbr]","Offence"),0)+1 and year is the 4 digit year of a control CInputDate which is the date of the new record input whose default value is Date() How do I get the value of ABCDNbr to be automatically created as say ABCD0092007 where 009 is the next value of Cnbr and 2007 is the year of input. Thanks Tony On...

Columns formatted As Dates Are Exported as a Number to Text
Group: I'm sure this questions has been asked, but I didn't find it when searching for date issues. I have a spreadsheet with a column formatted as Date. When I save the worksheet as a text tab-delimited file, Excel converts the date to the numeric format (i.e. 37185). Then, when I try to import the text file into Access, Access won't accept the number as a date, and rejects every record. Other than changing the Excel column to a Text format, is there any other way to tell Excel to export a date formatted column with the usual MM/DD/YYYY format instead of a numb...

PM Apply/ PM Void
Hi, Is there a way to do a bulk PM Apply? I have an excel sheet with the payments (entered in GP as manual payments) and Invoices (Payables Invoices in GP) with the apply information like the apply amount, date etc. Is there some kind of integration available for PM Apply using eConnect, Integration Manager, Dex, VB etc? I am also looking to do the above for PM Void, a bulk void for different vendors and for certain documents. Please let me know any help is apprciated ...

Changing A/P check format name for "User-Defined Check 1"
Hi, I would like to change the A/P check format name for "User-Defined Check 1" to something else (GP 10). Are these in a SQL table? I know that the format number is 8 but I cannot find where the name is stored, or is it "hard-coded"? Thanks It is hard-coded and I am not aware of any way to change the descriptions. Seems like a great idea, though. In fact, you could expand that idea to things like the SOP documents and POP documents. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Glen" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to change the A/P check format name for "Us...

What defines number or text
Hi folks, I have the following �50...it is defined as a number without me doing anything. I have $50 ...it is defined as text without me doing anything. I have 10% sometimes (depending on the pc) it is a number and sometimes text, similarly 10,000. Now I assume that the �50 is recognised as a number because of my windows settings...but the rest? Trying to get the $50 recognised as currency is possible....if I delete the original $50, format the cell as currency, and then re-enter the 50. I would love to know what deifnes the figure as text or number, and how I can move between the two wi...

Repeating numbers amd text ( content of the text box)
Hello, Using crosstab query, my report shows like this: Position Seq No. Position Year 2007 1. Elder Jason 1. Edler Mathew 2. Deacon Mark 2 Deacon John. How can I make it to show up like this: 1. Elder Jason Mathew 2. Deacon Mark John In other word, we do not want it to repeat the same number. With many thanks, -- H. Frank Situmorang Set the Hide Duplicates property of the Position text box. Where you also want to...

Printing Credit Memos on Check Stub
I would like to print the credit memo on the check stub. The problem is when I select to have it printed, it prints, but the invoice that it was applied against is the lowered amount already. Thus the total of the check stub does not match the total of the check. Example, the original invoice was $100. There was a $15 credit memo applied against the original invoice. The net check amount is $85 (which is correct). However the stub shows the original invoice as $85, and then shows the credit memo as $(15) and the stub total is now $70. How do I fix this so that the original invoic...

Check this corrective patch from the MS
--jvpplluf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fjivqayfwxnprlkf"; type="multipart/alternative" --fjivqayfwxnprlkf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cigzxgkmd" --cigzxgkmd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue...

Manual Checks
Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual transactions? Yes, In payroll, bank rec, and payables. "JR Ogle" <JROgle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84431833-B8EC-4051-AF12-0041D6CD6F5C@microsoft.com... > Does Great Plains offer a Manual Check Option in which I can enter manual > transactions? In AP you use the Trx - Pur - Trx entry Fill in the check amount in the lower right hand side. You can then optionally print the check on the fly. If the check was already issued no need to print. If you are trying to mark an A...

Item reorder number
The "item reorder number" is not a field included in the build of a new item. Therefore, there is no item reorder number on a PO for the item. It is especially painful when one deals with matrix items. Is it possible to include the field "item reorder number" in the new item wizard on the next upgrade? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Formating h:mm AM/PM
I have a time sheet that requires a space be enter between the time and AM or PM, 1:00 PM instead of 1:00PM. Entery without the space gives "#Value!" in the destination cell. Is there a way of formating this so as the person doing data entery can omit the space and yet the space shows after they hit enter, or not there after they hit enter? Does it matter? I have tried formatting without the space through custom formatting and that does not seem to change anything. (xl2000 on xp) On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 09:17:08 -0800, Mike R <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

Russian Spell Check

checking server config
We are a large company with about 200+ GP users and I wanted to get some thoughts on some new servers for our GP 10 upgrade (not sure about the drive sizes ??, we have about 165 gig total in 150 databases): Any Proliant/PowerEdge/Other preferences/comments? Production Server Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.2 GHz or higher 2 - Processors 8 GB RAM 20 - 76GB Hard Drives SAN preferred (RAID 5/10 ok) 1 Gig Ethernet NIC Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32bit SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Test Server Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.2 GHz or higher 2 - Processors 4 GB RAM 3 - 76GB hard Drives SAN preferred (RAID 5/10 ok)...