Permission for users to view/access GP 10 Business Portal

I need to know how to grant permissions for a user group to access/view/read
all content of BP installed in a MOSS 2007

I created a group called "Dynamics BP User Group I" in Sharepoint web
application (http://webportal - top level)
All users in this group can access http://webportal OK

Then I granted this group "READ - Can view only" access  to BP site
http://webportal/BP
They got "an unexpected error occured" in return.

Where else do I have to look into to give them the proper access?

Thanks

Bill

0
billn1 (13)

exporting Sendas permissions in Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is it possible to export the sendas permissions on the objects (mailbox, distribution lists) in Exchange 5.5. The article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188628 says that it is not possible to export the permissions using Directory export tool. I tried to see the header information using admin program in raw mode and tried exporting NT-Security-Descriptor field which gives out junk (or something which i am not able to make any sense out of). Could you guys help me with this? Are there any tools which do this? Thanks Chandrasekhar ...

Option in POP setup to not allow users to override po number
There should be an option in the Purchase Order setup to not allow users to override the purchase order number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=61cf9407-d7d...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

Managing List Permissions Permission
Hi, I wonder if are there any permission to manage list permissions ? Or the only way for giving this right to some user is giving "manage list" permission. There are some overheads, if i give the user "manage list" permission then he can do a lot like deleting list, adding-changing list columns. So i am looking for a way to give some user distinct permission, so he can give other users permissions on that list. Thanks. Is this resolved by making a user the Owner of a permissions list? From the SP Group Settings screen: "Owner The owner can ...

Identification of Microsoft Users
How to identify the Great Plains Users in US. This information is confidential and cannot be released without permission from individuals customers. Can I ask why you want this? David Musgrave Senior Development Consultant MBS Services - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. >-----Original Message----- >...

Any Measurement Studio users around?
Hello out there, Measurement Studio offers several components (e.g. Slide or Thermometer) whose orientation can be changed. However, this is not done the normal way going thru the property grid, but rather they provide a link below to "Inverse orientation". All fine and good but I need to do this at run-time and lacking a property it's all magic. If anybody knows how to achieve this the info would be highly appreciated. Best regards Helmut Giese Answering my own post (if anyone ever searches the archive for a similar question) the answer can be found here: http:/...

Coparing GP with other ERP Solutions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CAE145.E5AB1CF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Folks. I am wonder if there is any comparison document available GP vs. other = such as SAP, SAGE Oracle , etc.etc. especially manufacturing or if = someone has done this on his own. I needed as a reference=20 Regards, ------=_NextPart_000_0051_01CAE145.E5AB1CF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTY...

Does not have permission???
The error message states that the user does not have permission yet she is one of the owners of the mailbox. She is set up along with two other to have access to another mailbox. I noticed that under this mailbox, there is not a sent folder nor a deleted items folder. Her own inbox seems to be working just fine. It is only when she goes to send from this other mailbox. Help please. :o( Thank you thank you thank you. ...

Access report question 03-11-08
I have a problem which I hope someone will help me with. I have a query which has the following data; code amount 60 $25.00 60 $30.00 90 $40.00 45 $50.00 90 $45.00 I am trying to create a report which will give me only the totals for code 60 & 45 in one line and list out the total of code 90 in another line. Any help is truely appreciated. Thanks! Please could you type the results you hope to see. Your description is unclear. Evi "SandySun" <SandySun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BD38D97-0B15-4F0E-823...

How to import data from a password protected Access DB into Excel.
Hi!,,, this is my situation. I have a user level password protected Access Database and an Excel spreadsheet in which I need to load a query from the DB. I am following these steps in excel: Data - Import External Data - Import Data. But when I select the .mdb I want to import data from, and I fill the fields user name and password, this happen with two different scenarios: 1- If the test connection button is pressed, the error message is "Test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider. Cannot start your application. The workgroup information file is missing or ...

Custom Lead View
We want to only have 3 lead views. Reached Never Reached Closed Leads I understand how to implement the reached and never reached, but I cannot disable the other views. Do I need to create Teams? Each Salesperson will need to only see leads assigned to them. If the saleperson should only see leads they own, then make sure their role is set to to "User" for the Read rights on Lead. Then, all views will filter appropriately. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:34:03 -0700, "...

Find NTFS permissions for an account
We need to use an application that runs as a number of windows services. Those services run under a local user account that was created when the application was installed. We need those accounts to be Windows 2008 Domain level accounts (the services will be set up to access files on other servers, not the way the application is designed, but for up-time reasons we want those files on our fail-over file server). We don't know what permissions were given to the accounts. We could go through manually looking at permissions on every directory to see whether they are there ...

Word Developer Help content lost (links to 2010?)
If I search for Online Help in a VBA page in Word 2007, I get a framework of headings (with a Word 2010 emblem), but no content. General Word Help seems OK. Office 2007 is my main installation. I also have Office 2003 installed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" i...

User Task List
Is there a way to view other users task lists? No. You'd have to get the data externally. -- Charles Allen, MVP "6538" wrote: > Is there a way to view other users task lists? > > > ...

How can I access my email remotely from internet
I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder how I can access my email remotely from internet? Any help will be greatly appreciated! You can use Outlook Web Access, a web-based interface - uses HTTP/HTTPS; or IMAP4, POP3 or RPC over HTTP(S). -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1AB24A-AACE-4A38-A8CB-4A788DE2155C@microsoft.com... >I have a Win2003 network with Exchange2003 as our email server. I wonder ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Deleted User from AD by Accident can't reconnect in 5.5
I am having to rollback my Active Directory to recover from an error and I have 3 users who are not there since they weren't employed by us at the time of this backup. When I re-create their user account in AD and try to get back into their mailbox I get prompted with a User/Password/Domain box and no matter what I type it won't allow me in and when I look at the user's mailbox in Exchange Admin it gives me an error "no mappings between account names and security IDs was done" and then displays unknow account in the primary user field. Can I recover from this and...

Collecting the Data entered onto a form into a access table.
I have designed a form in outlook 2003 and want to collect he data in a access table when the form is used to send email. Can any one please help me as I am stuck. I have linked the table to the form but nothing happens when you use the form and send a email. You will need to write code. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm for links to samples, etc -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Claude Brandon" <claude@umban...

Import CSV of Users & Move Those Users To A New OU
I have the following powershell and could use some assistance. The .csv contains a LogonName header followed by usernames. Here's the script that errors out: Import-Csv "path\test.csv" | Move-QADObject -to "domain/ou" I think I'm missing something simple, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks. -Jason On Jan 22, 1:53=A0pm, Jason Hull <jasonh...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have the following powershell and could use some assistance. > The .csv contains a LogonName header followed by usernames. Here's the > script that errors out: >...

Sharing Calendar with external users?
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003 with front-end and back--end infrastructure. Is there any possibility (tools, etc.) to share calendar ordner of an Exchange user with the external users who have not any Exchange mailbox on our Exchange Servers? Best Regards Mustafa Have you looked into SharePoint? -- David Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging Senior Windows System Engineer SteelEye Technology, HA and DR for Windows and Linux www.steeleye.com "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88B94901-E292-46B9-A791-87E382C29A3E@microsoft.com... > Hi! > W...

Returned to previous screen and recently views records
I used to use Sales Force this they had this functions that was nice to have. Can you add these two functions in CRM? I am using version 3.0 and I can't go back to previous screen so I have to start all over when I just simply want to go back to the previous screen. Thanks, Joy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

Outlook Web Access users
Anyone know of any tools that will allow exporting Contacts out of Outlook Web access ? We have 1200 users who have only Web Access as their E-mail client. The only way remote users can export Exchange contacts would be via Activesync or something of that nature that I know about. Does anyone know of any other method or any third party tools that would allow that capability ? Any help in this matter would be most appreciated. Vinit Kohli Director of MIS Sibcy Cline Inc. ...

Code causes error 2486 in access 2000, IPF in 2002
I have an Access 2000 database application which was originally created on a Windows 2000 pro computer using Office xp developer and installed in on a Windows 98 machine. I originally installed Office 2000 and installed the database using the setup created by the Office xp developer packaging wizard. Everything was working fine until someone accidentally uninstalled Access 2000 to make room on the drive not realizing the application would no longer work. I temporarily reinstalled the application using the setup with the access 2002 runtime so it would work until we upgraded the hard dri...

Viewing Access Code in Windows 2000
I have an Access 2000 Database that was written by a programmer long gone. I when I open the database it starts the access application. I want interrupt the application an view that code and tables. What Key sequence do I use to perform this. I haven't done access in about 6 years so I for got how. Thanks Alt+F11. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Larry Bird" <LarryBird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCB9F9E3-13F5-4FB6-AC38-51B992D1C50F@microsoft.com... >I have an Access 2000 Database that was written by a programmer long g...

Share Permissions
Hello, I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a share on a another file server. I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even whether you can. Any help appreciated. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:858F440D-1A9E-4B44-8E32-CFB9774906D0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I have a requirement to give a server built in account permissions to a > share on a another file server. > I have not had this requirement before and can't see how to do it or even > ...