Period end payroll reports/posting liabilities - record locked err

When trying to post payroll liabilities from the Period End Payroll Reports
window, we get the following error for several users:

A get/change operation on table "UPR_Distribution_WORK" failed.  A record
was already locked.

We've already tried deleting the following tables:  ACTIVITY, UPR10400,
SY00800, SY00801, Dex_Lock and Dex_Session.

Any ideas?
0
Elaine (442)

Data Access Page Limited to 10000 records
My problem is I need to work with a DB that has well over 10000 records. Can the Data Page Access limit of 10K records be increased or made unlimited? ...

Post of Snr GP Consultant in Bahrain
Please forward me the resumes for Senior GP consultant with atleast 2 years experience. Regards, On Nov 11, 11:38 am, HellRaizor <fer...@gmail.com> wrote: > Please forward me the resumes for Senior GP consultant with atleast 2 > years experience. > > Regards, Hello see this site maybe you find what you need www.Gp4Arab.com regards I can help, just drop me an email hamdonah@yahoo.com Regards Sami Hamdonah Project Manager +966503855729 ...

Examples in Report Writer
Who know how to find examples of report by report Writer? You can start with the reports that ship with GP. Go into Report Writer and insert a report from the list to the right. You can then open the report and look at how the tables are set; how the layout is done; etc. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Consulta" wrote: > Who know how to find examples of report by report Writer? ...

Current Earnings Including Benefits report
It would be nice to have a Currents Earnings report that included benefits. It would even be better if the report broke down the employee and the employer amounts for the employee. -- Phoenix USA, Inc. Systems and Programmer Analyst ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

VBA code for my report
Hi, I would like to use a modified version of this VBA code for my report, but I’m not sure how. The code is from the 2007 sample Northwind db. It runs in the Quarterly report. Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo ErrorHandler Dim strSQL As String If IsNull(TempVars![Display]) Or IsNull(TempVars![Group By]) Or IsNull(TempVars![Year]) Then DoCmd.OpenForm "Sales Reports Dialog" Cancel = True Exit Sub End If strSQL = "TRANSFORM CCur(Nz(Sum([Sales]),0)) AS X" strSQL = strSQL & " SELECT [" &am...

PM_Journal_Distribution in Computer Check Posting Journal
Hi, I need to show document description instead of document type on the 'Computer Check Posting Journal'. I will be grateful if anyone of you could let me know the way to replace document type field in above temp table with document description. Thanks in advance Haroon Which description do you want to display on the journal report. The posting journal returns the cheques numbers not the transactions. -- -- Mick "haroon.attari@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to show document description instead of document type on the > 'Computer Check Posting ...

You cant go to specified record
I have a form with an Add Record button. When the button is clicked when first entering the form, I works great. When the 1st record is entered and the button is clicked again to enter another record, I get a msg "You cant go to specified record." I click the OK button and then... I am able to click the Add Record button and it works. Any suggestions? -- deb Can you post the code behind the button you use to add new records -- Wayne Manchester, England. "deb" wrote: > Data entry is set to No > > Tried.. > Private Sub Form_Load() > > DoCmd.G...

Update records from one spreadsheet to another #2
Thanks for your response, but I do not understand what a "VLOOKUP" is. Is there anyway that someone can answer my question without referrin me to another web site? I am not versed in the use of Excel, which i why I am here. It seems to me that what I am asking for should be ver simple for someone who is trained in Excel. Thanks agai -- homevestor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- homevestors's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1530 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...

Multiple report filter using combo box on form
I need to be able to filter a report by multiple fields. First by the Cost Center number and then once that is done - then a further filter by Expense Account Number. I currently have a form that successfully filters the report by either Cost Center, Expense Acct Number or SubAccount using a Option Grp/Combo Box set up. The user selects one of the 3 fields mentioned which populates the combo box and then they hit a command button (Filter Report). This is the code I used. Dim iFilterBy As Integer Dim iReportType As Integer Dim iFilterValue As Integer If IsNull(cmbFilterBy) Then M...

Payable Transaction Record
I have lots of records in PM transaction table (PM00400) but they do not appear on payable transaction window. What could be the cause?? When I clicked each voucher number from payable transaction entry screen I can see them fine. When I try to post the bacth, a message pop up saying data entry errors exists in a batch use batch recovery window. How could I find where the error is? I recovered the batches but couldn’t post them. Any help is greatly appreciated. Print the batch edit report. This usually identifies errors prior to posting. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / ...

Can't make post in newsgroups
Can't click the "New" to get a drop down menu. "All threads" doesn't work neither. I can only "Reply". Anyone know what's going on? ps: this post is done by firefox Read this newsgroup and all newsgroups the way they were intended to be read: with a newsreader, not a web interface. Tell us what version of Windows you have (include the service pack number) and we'll show you which newsreader is available to you free from Microsoft and how to set it up in a few E-Z steps. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Megaton wrote: > ...

How do I stop words from getting hyphenated at end of a line?
How can I stop words from getting hyphenated at end of a line? Registrar wrote: > How can I stop words from getting hyphenated at end of a line? Two places: Tools > Language > Hyphenation (good for the current publication) Tools > Options > Edit Tab > Hypenation > Uncheck (good for all future publications) -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

How to change owner (From:) of a public folder, newsgroup post
How do I change the Owner or From: for a newsgroup post. This is a post in an Exchange 2003 public folder of type newsgroup. The posts in question are from a generic user account and I need to change it to the specific user. I tried by opening the post, choosing Edit menu -> Revise Contents, and changing the From: to the new person. But it would not save, and if I reposted it would keep the original user (poster) in the From: field (and of course it also changed the post to the current date/time). I have tried this method, to no avail, using the original user, and two different a...

Help on form posting to two tables
I have two training tables. Is there a way to post information from one textbox to the same field on both tables. ei employee number on form would like it to go to both tables as this links both of these tables to the employees table. Some help would be greatly appreciated. Mark Hi Mark, The easiest way to do this is by setting up certain relationships between your tables. If the employee number is a Primary Key in the Emplyees Table, you can drag the field from there to your training tables. When the relationship wizard appears check Enforce Referential Integrity and Cascade U...

Messages Submitted to Categorizer! Ends!!!
exchange frontend - exchange backend, exchange 2003, sp2, all updates etc. Many users are saying that they are not recieving email messages, after looking at message tracking below is an example from one of the logs... smtp - message submitted to advance queuing smtp - started message submission to advanced queue smtp - message submitted to categorizer and then it ends...... where did the message go???? the only spam filtering that is enabled on the machine is IMF. Also looking into the smtp logs i found a message that a user did not recieve either.. 2006-02-27 03:51:06 206.132.3.172 b...

Cannot Print Z Reports #2
Hi All. I am new to RMS 2.0 and cannot print a Z report. The register appears to print but does not. I did a Blind Close and tried to do a Z from the manager and it said that either a printer was not defined or a Z report template had not been defned. We have been printing all day so I assume it is the template. I cannot find any info about the Z Report template in the system help or manual. -- Dennis at Pacific Solutions Dennis - in SO Manager go to database - registers - register list - click on properties for the register in question - in receipt printer 1 tab, not what receipt for...

Zooming in reports
Hi I'm new to report write. I'm modifying some reports but the writing seems to be sooo small, is there a way to zoom in to reports because I can barely see some of the writing even though printing my reports comes out great. Some of the writing I admit is set 7. Anyone have any takes on this? Unfortunately, the zooming is not possible. The good news is that version 10 is supposedly introducing about 100+ SQL Reporting Services reports and 160+ Excel-based reports so the days of Report Writer will be coming to a glorious end. Until then a 40" monitor will be your best bet. ...

I cant use my Microsoft word as it is saying its locked?
Please could you help i cant edit or use my microsoft word because its saying its loocked? If it's Office 2007 and it's the trial version, then most likely the trial period is over and it's time to buy the full version. And if it's the full version, have you activated it yet? -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "k.j" <k.j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7221E40A-3071-4C92-A074-C5CFEC37865F@microsoft.com... > Please could you help i cant edit or use my microsoft word because its > saying > its loocked? If you had a...

reporting tools #2
What reporting tools do you all like? I have looked at a couple but would like to know what you all recommend? I'd recommend Quest MessageStats. http://www.quest.com/messagestats/ Nue "Brandon" <whocares@you.com> wrote in message news:%23Y%231IlbeGHA.1436@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What reporting tools do you all like? I have looked at a couple but would > like to know what you all recommend? > > ...

Need custom Report
Hi everyone ... I have this problem . I downloaded from somewhere a custom report xml. The thing is that when I have returns I am always short at the register. I tried detaild sales report, but It seems to me that it does not include sales taxes collected. Basicly I need a full report by registers and cashiers, including everything ... Like opening ammount was 200 , closing was 200 , and all the transactions total should be equal the total sales ammount in the report right ? So please help me with this little problem ... ...

System Stability Report Won't Render
Hi All, Running Vista HB SP2. Performance Monitor and Reliability Monitor are running and generating data. When I click on an event in Reliability Monitor I get a pop-up message with a red X. Internet Explorer cannot download . (there is a space before the period) The system cannot find the file specified. Any idea what file it's looking for? We have pinpointed the problem. You are using the most buggy OS ever made in human history. GIVE THE DARN THING UP AND UPRGRADE TO WIN7 or MACOSX "Gary" <gary@extension.invalid> wrote in message ne...

Sales not posting to the right account
Im having problems with order processing. Whenever I transfer an order to invoice or just by creating an invoice from scratch the sales account in distribution is pointin to my inventory account. I the item card > accounts the sales field is pointing to the sales account and in the "Sales Order Processing Setup" window the Posting Accounts From setting is set to Item. I don't understand why this is happening. Also after I create orders or invoices the quantities in the inventory are affected but the inventory transactions are not being posted to the GL. Other things th...

error in sales transaction post
When I try to post a batch from the sales transaction entry that has a deposit applied, I get the following error message:**Error: The payment number is not reserved in receivables Mangement. any ideas what causes this error? Thanks Randy Farris randyf@nbsys.com This is a bug and was never resolve in 8.0 or 9.0. I posted a work-around in my blog. -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Randall Farris" wrote: > When I try to post a batch from the sales transaction entry that has a > deposit applied, I get the following error message:**Error: The payment > number is not ...

Showing only records that are different from those preceding them.
I have a table that generates automatically from a constant data feed from a crystal grower. The pertinant data generated is the serial ID (RunID), Datetime of the data (DATETIME), and what process phase its in (PROCESS). This data comes across once a minute and each run can take up to 3 days. Every day I have to manually take datetimes from specific points in this process. I need to make a Query that sorts by RunID and DATETIME and only displays the fields immediatly before and after a process change. So for example if the table looked like this: RUNID | DATETIME | PR...