Period 13 w/ FRX Reporting

I have set up 13 fiscal periods in Great Plains. Both period 12 and 13 start
on Dec 1st. I am monitoring them so that once 12 closes, I will open 13, as
to ensure entry to the correct "period." The problem that I see is that in
the transaction tables in GP, 'period' is not recognized, merely the
transaction date. Therefore, when I run my FRX financial reports for period
12, it is including the period 13 data as well. Is there anything that could
be done differently here, either in GP or FRX, to distinguish the periods for
reporting? Thanks for your help

0
James6891 (359)

Payroll time period conversion table
It would be useful to have a payroll time period conversion table to create the Pay Type options, similar to a unit of measure conversion. If that were possible, an hours to "day" to "week" conversion could be created to provide more flexibility. Currently, only a standard 8 hour, 5 day week correctly calculates overtime. Setting up conversion tables could facilitate union contracts and situations beyond the standard 8-hour, 5-day week -- 24 hour shifts; 4, 10-hour days; or extremely complex union day rates and work weeks. ---------------- This post is a suggestio...

help w/ online services manager
I just started using Money 2003 standard edition and cannot get the online services setup. When I click on a financial institution, such as Discover or T.Rowe Price, I get an error message: "Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your internet settings and try again." My internet connection works fine, I can go online from within Money, and for some reason my checking account data has been downloaded to Money. I just cant figure out why I cannot even connect to any other of my accounts. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Technical Chat tomorrow on Clustering w/Exchange 2003
Using Clustering with Exchange 2003 This chat focuses on the "Using Clustering with Exchange 2003: An Example" white paper posted at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/deploy/depopt/scenep2.asp. The paper identifies how Microsoft� uses clustering to manage the Exchange servers that provide messaging. The paper also provides detailed information about the hardware, software, cluster configuration and best practices for using server clusters. To participate go to http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- Melissa Travers, MCSE Micros...

Sold Stocks No Longer Available in Investment Transactions Report #2
I can't find transactions for sold stocks in Money 2003 Deluxe. The only transactions show are for currently active stocks (i.e., curently owned). What needs to be done to show this historical information? thank you ...

Reporting Services integration CRM 1.2
Has anyone tried to pass ISV links from Microsoft CRM 1.2 to a RS report, is there any documentation on this ? I need to lookup the account number of the customer based upon the guid returned by a parameter and then make a report with data from a financial database. Jack Hi Jack, I've done some customizations regarding Sql Reporting Services. What you can do is add a button on your account form. Let crm pass the parameters to the page which opens. That page should be a simple aspx page which on its turn redirects to a SQL report with the values appended to the query string. I...

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

FRX
Hi, We just start receive "This report yielded no data" on one of our FRX report. It seem the report will print if it contains non-zero data. How do I make the report to print even all calculation result zero? Also, our fiscal year ended on Feb. If I set the report date to last fiscal year, then the report will print even it contain only zero data. FRX version is 6.7. Dynamics is 8.0 running on MS SQL Server. Any idea please? Thanks Ron ...

Suggestion for MS: Add 'Tomorrow' to list of dates for reports
I would absolutely *love* to be able to easily generate a work order report where the Due Date was 'Tomorrow'. Unfortunately, 'Tomorrow' isn't on the list and I have to change both From and To dates to tomorrows date in order to get the report. Another thing would be for the memorized reports to focus on the Range field and not the From & To fields for date-type filters. If the Range is 'Last Month' and I run the report in January, I get December data. When I go to run the report in February, the report has memorized the December dates--now a 'Cus...

Working w/ long filename txt files
I have 12-character .txt (in CSV format) files..IE..050156031708, where 050156 is a Store, and 031708 is the date. Planned to use this code to read data into an Access Table.. fname = Dir("C:\CEFiles\*.*") While Len(fname) ' do your stuff fname = Dir() Wend Have heard there's a way to work w/ .txt filenames longer than 8-characters. Is there? TIA - Bob That code should work fine with long file names. Have you tried it? What happens when you do? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob Barnes" <BobB...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

Creating Formatted Report and Emailing
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might send out nicely formatted reports, where the report content is in the body of the email? I have seen a number of threads posted about sending attachments, and that will likely be my "fallback" approach. Trying to avoid attachments, however, as this required folks, who are already in email jail, to take an extra step, which results in them not seeing the report (my reports are communicating significant issues in ongoing projects, and important that they at least "See" the red flags in the report). T...

Help w/code
Hi there. I have a sheet w/4 columns. The column is basically sorted b columns A>B>D. I would like to add a sheet that allows for automati entry into the other sheet. The code will insert rows into the othe sheet as well as auto sort. Can this be done? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Tombstone Period
What is the tombstone lifetime period in 2008/2008R2? Its 180 Days... for tombstone!!! The secure channel will break after 45 days.!! Regards, Pledge Technologies. -- PledgeTechnologies ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PledgeTechnologies's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/161606.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1284226.htm http://forums.techarena.in or, 30 days (on the secure channel)..... "PledgeTechnologies" <PledgeTechnologies.43gk7c@DoNotSpam.com> wrot...

output report in snp or rtf file
I would like to save my report as snap shot or rich text format file. Any VBA command to do this task? Your help is great appreciated, Take a look at the OutputTo method. ---- HTH Dale "iccsi" wrote: > I would like to save my report as snap shot or rich text format file. > > Any VBA command to do this task? > > Your help is great appreciated, > . > On Dec 22, 2:50=A0pm, Dale Fye <dale....@nospam.com> wrote: > Take a look at the OutputTo method. > > ---- > HTH > Dale > > > > "iccsi&...

IF formula #13
Thanks to Dave for responding last week, but not there yet! I'll restate the question differently. I have a dollar value in column G, if I enter one of the following numbers, 81,82,83,84 in column D, I want $25 to add to my dollar value in column G. -- Thank you. John Q. Is the dollar value already in column G the product of a formula, or is it static. If it's the product of a formula, what does the formula reference? If it's static, the only way to do what you're saying is with a macro (not my expertise, personally). "John Q" wrote: > Thanks to Dave for...

Problems changing password in Crystal Reports after CRM 1.2 installation
When attempting to change the password in the Crystal Reports Password Tool (leaving the old password blank as per the CRM installation instructions), I receive the following error: Unable to change password. Error returned is : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. This installation is on Win2K3 SBS if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance, Carson F. Ball Technician The Alexander Group ...

items on SALE for a period..not taken off after sale date passes
I set up a SALE using the wizard. Sales prices were effective JAN1 though FEB1. The sale is now over but, the checkbox is still checked on all the items saying they are still on sale. This screws up my online software because there is a SALE flag by each item that is on sale (by the checkbox). Why doesn't the ONSALE get flagged to FALSE after the sale date is past? This is pretty irritating, isn't it... The problem is that short of some scheduled check, there is not much you can do about this in a databse environment. A Yes/No field (or numeric 0/1 field) can't be automati...

Major Flaws and bugs- Reported but not fixed- 4 YEARS running!
If you are Retail business owner or support person and you use RMS, then please read and comment on the following in RMS... Regarding Flaws, Bugs, etc. Does any one on this forum use work orders to do special orders for customers? I do- It works great except for ONE VERY MAJOR flaw. Lets say I have a customer who wants to order something that I do not have in stock or do not carry in my store, but what I can order in from my vendor. So I create a Work Order and order for lets say 12 different special order Items (products) that I do not normally carry in my store. So the next time I do a ...

Period to Period percentage change?
What is the formula for period to period percentage change at annual rates? -- cs120 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cs120's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27348 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468566 It depends upon the period. Let’s say on Jan 1, starting with 10,000, we desired an annual rate of 12%. One year later, (Jan 1 again) we would have 11,200. Lets also say the period is one month. In this case the formula is (1+1/12)^(1/12)-1. This yields 0.94888%,...

Outlook2003 Compatable Fax S/W
I was using Symantec WinFax just fine until I bought Outlook2003 and installed it. Symantec says that Microsoft made undocumented changes in how the core of the OS works and that they currently don't have a version of Winfax that is fully compatable with Outlook2003. Is there any fax software out there that is? Note: I have alread been through this is some detail and there is no simple fix. ...

Problem w/ workbook size, processing
I have a workbook which creates and inserts additional sheets, based o a list of items located elsewhere. The number is items in the lis varies, but I would like the workbook to handle as many as possible Then, the macro pastes identical info onto each of the newly create sheets. On each sheet then, there is about 750 rows and 20 columns o data. The macro is designed to create, then paste, then create... The problem I have, is that after around 75 sheets, the workbook slam to a halt during the sheet creation process. I have found it seem faster to select and paste entire columns, versus rang...

Public folder cannot reply w/template- rule changes unsaved
Hello, We have a public folder which is mail enabled- we want all posts going to that public folder to reply with an auto response. I've elected that the only option would be to set-up a rule under the Public folder properties- there is a tab that has Folder Management. You can then setup a rule and reply with template. It will let me add the rule until I get to the very-end and then when trying to select OK - I recieve the message "Changes to the rule could not be saved" I have tried saving my template as rich text, oft (Template design) and text- but to no avail- It ...

Validation rule to prevent overlapping time periods
I have a table: InactID-AutoNumber PreceptorID-Number InactStart-Date/Time InactEnd-Date/Time I don't want records that have overlapping time periods for a PreceptorId. I tried: [InactStart] < (DLookUp("[InactEnd]","tblInactive","[PreceptorID]=" & [PreceptorID] & " and [InactID]=" & [InactID]-1)) but found that the DLOOKUP function was not permitted in a table validation rule. Any suggestions? You won't be able to use a table validation rule here. Instead, use the BeforeUpdate event procedure of the *form* where the data...

Shoe store report
We sell shoes and apparel. We switched to RMS from Quicksell back in April. The two things I miss most about Quicksell are... 1. It was much easier to make changes to Matrix Items in Quicksell. I ended up having to pay Microsoft a bunch of money to customize some Querries that I have to run every few days to update Matrix components based on changes i make to the Matrix Parent item. What a pain. We also bought DRS add ins to help with this stuff. I would love to see a vastly improved and simplified process for making changes to Matrix Items. 2. I can no longer run a simple report...

Control breake report
Hi all, I have an excel with the following structure. I wat the sum of the amount just near to the next column of the 'Amount'. I cannot use subtotal because subtotal will not work here. I kindly request ur advice to write a macros using For loop if the row is blank <blank row> then find the sum of the previous row which is not blank and put that sum in next column. Catagory Group Amount ------------------------------------------------- A A group 12.70 ...