Perform special upgrade failed on one company

Just installed sp5 for GP 8.0 and the Dynamics and all company databases
except one upgraded fine. I followed a TK and manually ran all *.cmp scripts
from the tasks folder in Query Analyzer without errors.

The company still has a red X next to it and users (including 'sa') are
experiencing posting errors. When I try to upgrade that company again, I just
get an message that an "error occurred upgrading <company name>"

What should I try next?
0
MES (112)

OWA: Failed to get Inbox
I have checked all the TechNet tips and none have helped regarding accessing e-mail via OWA. I can access the login page and enter my alias. However after this point, I receive the message: "Failed to get Inbox". It must be a permissions issue but I don't know where it could be. OWA has been installed on a IIS Server and Exchange is on a physically different server. When installing OWA, I correctly entered the NetBIOS name of the Exchange server. However, I still can't get access. What else needs to be done? What version Exchange? -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange htt...

performances
performances Hi, I am writing c++ application in vc++ 6 the application use a lot of cpu processing (math calculations), I am running the application on Win-XP, p-4 2.8 HT! What is the best way to compile my application so it will run faster? What are the best ways to write or build my application for faster running? What i the different betwine processor type Blend* inn the C/C++ tab of the project setting and the other option??? Thanks! "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eY8jUE38EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > performances > > Hi, > I am wr...

vba macro to perform custom reporting -transpose from rows to columns
I have one workbook and two sheets 1 sheet has data for automated test scenarios that may be run up to 3 time if they don't pass on the first or second try Sheet1: TestSet Test Result reason if failed 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail x 4 fail y 4 fail z I want to create a summary report that looks like Sheet2 for the Sheet1 logs above test run1 result test run2 result test run 3result Sheet2 Testset result1 result2 result3 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail fail fail So if a testset is executed more ...

paste special picture from Excel 2007 to Publisher 2007 doesn't work
I have a group of charts with text in surrounding cells that I want to copy and paste special picture enhanced metafile from Excel into Publisher. I have around 200 groups of these charts to paste into the Publisher file. What happens now is that the paste special command only reveals three options: new table, new text box, and HTML. When I copy paste special into Word the picture enhanced metafile is accessible and the image pastes fine. In Publisher pasting results in worksheet cells and the charts all in pieces and messy. I could copy the Word image into Publisher, but UGH!!200 TIMES. There...

Which Upgrade Do I Need? #2
I thought I posted this an hour ago, but it didn't take. I am trying to help someone upgrade their copy of M/S Office. They are running OS 10.3.6 Their M/S Office Apps all say they are version 10.0.0 When I downloaded what I believed was the correct Updater, version 10.1.6, I got the alert message that Office X 10.1.6 Update cold not locate the correct version of Office on your machine. Please see the requirements on the download page to ensure that you are running the correct Update for your version of Office. On the Macopia page, Office 2001 is for OS 9 and they don't have O...

Upgraded 2008r2 server shows as 2003 in AD
We just upgraded a 2003 server to 2008r2 , AD tells me it is a 2003 server. Should we reset the account? Carl Hello CANews, As i never do inplace upgrades i haven't seen that before, but as you don't talk about problems or errors, check with dcdiag /v and repadmin /showrepl, i will be sure an account reset wan't help. The shown OS belongs to a kind of attribute reading which seems not functioning correct in your case. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please d...

Office X upgrade problem
I upgraded Office 10.0.0 through the path: 10.1.2 10.1.4 10.1.5 All seemed to go normally but when all was done, Word seems not to have=20 worked as get info shows version 10.0.0 When I try to start it, it unexpectedly quits before it completes = opening. Excel and Powerpoint work OK and upgraded to 10.1.5 I am using System 10.3.5 Repairing the permissions didn't help. I was really hoping somebody else had some better advice, but if the upgrade didn't take, you might need to remove and reinstall. For tips on making sure that goes smoothly, see here: http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/Re...

Move a table with LOB data from one filegroup to another.
Okay, I have determined that the method I have found for moving a table from one Filegroup to another (drop and recreate the primary key on the filegroup) does not move LOB data in SQL Server 2005. According to BOL the method for setting this storage is in CREATE TABLE (TEXTIMAGE_ON). So, I am assuming I will have to rename the existing table (I was planning on using sp_rename) and it's index, and then re-creating it on the new filegroup, and then copying the data using insert [tablename] select * from [renamedtable] drop table [renamedtable Which has 'worked...

One data series and two y-axes in an Excel chart?
I would like to produce graph of a single data series such that the left y-axis would represent the absolute value and the right axis the relative values (in percents) of the data points. An example of such a chart is the last graph on the page <http://www.abs.gov.au/websitedbs/D3310116.NSF/0/c7e40ae1fa39e31e4a2567ac001ffb61?OpenDocument> with cumulative frequency on the left axis and cumulative percentage on the right axis. Is it possible to create charts like these with Excel? kkarvinen, Yes, you can create a chart similar to your example chart by using an XY-Scatter Chart. As a...

KB for Performance Optimizer trouble
In the process of moving EDB files from a crashed server to a new server built with same name, etc, but different platform (from NT to W2K Sp4) I found the Performance Optimizer would not allow me to move files to different volumes. A quick google search showed because of SP4 I needed to contact Microsoft for the patch but when I called they said I needed the KB article and I searched and searched and even none of the 'MVP' replies saying 'contact microsoft' had the KB number. After having the MS rep hold the line while I was scouring google and retrying the process to get the ...

Blank from field from just one company
I was wondering if anyone has come across this. I recently migrated over from our 5.5 server to 2003. All emails from one company now has a blank from field. When you click on reply their email address appears in the To: field. It is very strange and I can't find any references to this on my searches. Any ideas? Dwayne I alsot am having the same problem. Two of my users can send mail and for a few addresses the to field becomes blank once the message moves to their Sent Items folder. However the receiver does get the message properly "Dwayne" wrote: > I was wondering i...

One OU works fine, other does not work at All for Exchange
Hi Everyone, I am new to Exchange, and have gotten it setup and working properly (or so I thought). Users who belong to the PowerUsers OU in Active Directory can access their Exchange mailboxes with no problem. Users in the OU setup for general users (lets call it XXXUsers) can not. I have verified that all settings in AD are the same for both types of users. Even attempting login through OWA causes the Exchange Server to 'burp' and request authentication, though the user is already logged into windows. This didn't happen with ANYONE in the power users group? Any t...

Business Contact Manager, performance sacrifices?
I'm hoping we can all learn a little about Business Contact Manager... After some initial difficulties that were resolved by 1.5 hours with Microsoft and some great ideas from Patricia Cardoza's new book, I've got Business Contact Manager running smoothly. That's a good thing because I provide support and training in Outlook to clients and want to be able to recommend this new add-on. But is it ready to recommend? Here are two things that seriously bother me: my contacts take so much longer to load and sort. Searching from the "Find a Contact" box formerly t...

Perform function...if?
Hi I have a workbook that I'm continually adding data to daily. and I also have another workbook that I want to perform calculations, but I only want the calculations performed IF there is data in the first workbook... Here are the two formulas the way they are now... ='Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25 ='Stock Return Data'!J24-'Tax Data'!A14 How can I tell both these functions, to only perform if there is data on the original worksheet? Thanks, Confused Man Hi try =IF('Stock Return Data'!J24<>"",'Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25,"&...

Document failed to print...
I'm trying to print out some wedding invitations on card stock, I got one successful print, but the rest keep coming up with an error message reading "This document failed to print". I tried letting one of those through, and the document printed extremely dark. Any suggestions? Your printer driver is the culprit here. Go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for a newer driver. If one isn't available, uninstall and re-install your printer. It is advisable to completely remove your driver before installing/reinstalling. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web ...

Upgrading #3
I have Money Delux and Small Bus 2003. I use it promarily for investments and some simple small bus stuff. Does 2004 small bus give me all the stuff that premium has? ...

How can I get more clip-art in a similar style to one I found?
I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a "family." I can't find out how to see the rest of the family. Can anyone tell me how? I saw another post that references style numbers, but I don't know the style number for the one I want. Right click on the clip art and view the properties. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "concordkimberly" <concordkimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60085FF-C87F-489D-9BDB-2B7EB64FE502@microsoft.com... >I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a &q...

E2K3 Performance
My E2K3 server is having an occasional lag time in processing and would like some ideas on where to look at improving performance. 2.4 Xeon processor 1.3 Gb RAM Lot's of disk space Page Files are c: 1920 - 4096 and d: the same (seems incorrect, maybe should be static value?) When checking the running system, CPU is at 4% and pagefile is at 1.64 Gb. It's a low use server, less than 100 mailboxes and a backend to OWA out front. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. ...

Windows 7 Upgrade
First I stopped at Frys and picked up a 1TB network drive from Omega. Boy, is storage cheap these days. I could have got more capacity with a USB drive, but my current policy is to buy only network devices, printers, etc. I am very happy with this drive, I didn't even bother installing their software, just figured out the ip address from my router's log and connected to it. I very quickly started storing all my old dvd and dvr- ms files. I might go buy another one for the whole family to use. I got the Windows 7 upgrade for $109 at Sam's Club. Autorun caused an error...

Money 2002 upgrade
I have Money 2002 and need to upgrade and keep my backup files. My old machine is XP; my new one is Vista. Any suggestions? Money Essentials doesn't recognize the old files. Get Money Plus Deluxe or higher because what you observe is absolutely true. "tallahasseenana" <tallahasseenana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71AF6FD1-AF4F-4A9C-BFDC-C0172BD0336C@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions? Money Essentials > doesn't recognize the old files. Further to Dick's post, Money Essentials is aimed at someone who is just starting out on keep...

SSL OWA log in for two companys
Hi all I'm hosting mail for two different company's on my exchange 2003 server. The server was originally setup to host companyA.com email. All users from either companyA.com and companyB.com go to https://mail.companyA.com to check there emails. I have made modifications so that users from companyB.com can log into the OWA site as user@companyB.com, but i would also like to have all users from companyB.com go to https://mail.companyB.com instead of having to go to https://mail.companyA.com. Any way i can get thsi done? Thanks in advance for any help ...

A Special Paste Funtion
I was once able to copy a lot of data that was contained in about 12 Columns and 2000 rows. I was then able to use a special paste function that automaticlly deleted duplicate records and pasted only the ones that were unique. Any Ideas? Thank you Jay You can use Advanced Filter to extract unique items from a list. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR Jay wrote: > I was once able to copy a lot of data that was contained > in about 12 Columns and 2000 rows. I was then able to use > a special paste function that automaticlly de...

splitting names from one cell to two cells
In cells in column E, I have names (could be John Doe, Dr John Stephen Henry Doe, could be a company name) which are seperated by the character "v" which indicates parties on one side versus parties on the other side. I only need to split the data in cells in E which will be dictated by ActiveCell.Row How can I split the data in a cell in E into everything to the left of the "v" to sheet2, lastrow + 1 (I've already got that bit working) col C, and everything after the "v" to col E on that same sheet? The line below currently copies all the dat...

iesample performance in CEPC is slow
I have created a CEPC by using Wince 6 and when i browse INTERNET the speed is very slow with compare to standard Windows 7 running X86 machine. (The test carried out in the same machine) . For both case i use the Internet Explorer to browse the net. Is there any method to improve the performance of IE sample browser. Huh? What hardware are you comparing to what hardware? You don't seriously expect a Windows 7 dual-core 3.3GHz processor running 4GB of RAM with a high-performance display chip/driver to be comparable to a 900MHz ATOM processor with 256MB of RAM and a VGA F...

Excel performance slowly
Dear All, We have a license for MS office XP professional but anybody have a problem like us. It's very slow in network when we use a icon tools bar or pooldown menu function. We upgrade our Office XP version to service pack 3 ready. Some computers in our factory have a problem like slowly but some have not. We does not know how to solve this problem. Best Regards, Songphan C. IT Manager MPO ASIA Co.,LTD. songphan@mpoasia.com Hi only some general ideas: - clear the temp directory, reboot and try again - virus scanner could cause this behaviour -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...