Payroll Year End #2

Version 10 - SP3 / SQL 2000

Can not create the year end wage file - The last available year in the drop
down box is 2007.

Company uses May to June Fiscal years, and the 2008 fiscal year that closed
in June for 2008 is historical. 2009 has already been opened.

Customer (after SP was installed) found that there were payroll batches that
were to be posted to the GL, that had not been posted. They are posted in
Payroll, not in GL.

We were able to go to the server, and void and re-issue the checks that
needed changed, but the last year available to create the wagfe file is 2007.
 (Totals were verified to 2007).

0
LauraAnne (85)

In version 10, you go to Tools >> Routines >> Payroll >> Year End Closing.
The name of the window is Payroll Year-End Closing and the text below says
"Create Year-End Wage File for Year". There is no drop-down box. You type
the year you want to close.

Are you on the same window?

"Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Version 10 - SP3 / SQL 2000
>
> Can not create the year end wage file - The last available year in the
> drop
> down box is 2007.
>
> Company uses May to June Fiscal years, and the 2008 fiscal year that
> closed
> in June for 2008 is historical. 2009 has already been opened.
>
> Customer (after SP was installed) found that there were payroll batches
> that
> were to be posted to the GL, that had not been posted. They are posted in
> Payroll, not in GL.
>
> We were able to go to the server, and void and re-issue the checks that
> needed changed, but the last year available to create the wagfe file is
> 2007.
> (Totals were verified to 2007).

0
callen4087 (10)

Merge 2 accounts
Would like to be able to merge my wife's checking account and my account into one checking account. We have moved all our financial checking accounts into one at our bank, now would like to merge our activities into one account for budget tracking. We married a couple of years ago, now would like to be able to track our budget in one account. Our accounts balance in MS Money, so merging them seems like the thing to do. Please advise how to do this. Thank you So, you have two separate Money data files with multiple accounts in each and you want to merge them into one file? Or you h...

Email Configuration #2
When using OL 2000, I am having a problem getting some of my email accounts to accept email that is sent to it. I have had people send me emails which fail to load into their respective folders. I notice that when OL tries to download the message, it blinks quickly and goes to the next email, etc. Three of the email addresses are send through a web site that is hosted for us. One works fine, the other two will not load. What kind of options are available? ...

how do I set dates every 3 cell for whole year in excel
I would like to know how to put a date in this format 01/01/01 on A1 and I would like excel to to change the date on A3 to 01/02/01 and so on and so forth. how do I do it. for a whole year or two. Enter 01/01/01 Into A1 And 01/02/01 Into A3 You could custom format those 2 cells to display exactly what you wish. Then, select A1 to A4. Click on the fill handle of that 4 cell selection, and copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

CRichEditCtrl and CRichEditView and scrolling #2
Hi, From There is a method from CRichEditView call GetRichEditCtrl, which gets the rich edit ctrl associated with the view. How can you from the CRichEditCtrl get the view associated with it? I assume there is one. The reason i ask, is I have a CRichEditCtrl but and I select text in it using SetSel. What i want is for the control to scroll to the position of the selected text automatically. I cant seem to find any information on this, so if any one knows this would be helpful too. Many thanks Will No, there is no such mechanism. There is no back-link from the rich edit control to...

Help with RPC over HTTP #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C4ECFE.88379990 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have installed a front end server which now, thanks to the advice from = GT, works perfectly for OWA. RPC over HTTP is another matter = altogether. I've done EVERYTHING and I'm still not making the right = connections. The environment is as follows: Servers all have Windows 2003. Backend is an A/P two server cluster = with Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Front end is Exchange 2003 Standard. W...

cyclic redundancy error #2
I have an outlook.pst file. When I try to start Outlook...and check email I have a cyclic redundancy error. I realize I need to use the inbox repair tool to fix this. But I am trying to make a "backup" copy of the 1.5 Gb outlook.pst file!! When I try to right click and copy it to another folder it says: "cannot copy file: cyclic redundancy error" What can I do? Kevin Nichols kn@stakpr.com Does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319128 OL depending on version can have probs with pst files larger than 1.7gb, on some occassions les...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Installation & Configuration exam CRM 1.2
Hi all, I am a Dot Net Professional with total 5 years of experience in IT industry and 2+ years in .NET, I have been asked to clear Installation and Configuration CRM exam, in a span of 3 weeks. I have never got any working experience in CRM and this is the first time I am facing Microsoft Certification. Will it be easier for me to read some materials or some online tutorials and clear the exam? Is there any best way to clear the exam with good scores? Please let me know as its quite urgent!! - Affy If I was you - I'd be downloading the CRM trial software and installing it into a vir...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #2
Just installed over Office 2003 the Business Contact Manager, and it keeps giving me error message "Database creation has failed" when I try to start it up. Upgraded over Office XP on Windows XP with all the latest updates. It's driving me mad. Suggestions? Thanks, T ...

MSExchangeIS #2
Hi there! I`m running a server 2003 p4 3.0 mhz with 1gb of ram. I have trying to install Exchange 2003 for the past 2 weeks without succeding. The installation process stops at ``MSExchange starts...`I went to check in the event viewer, i got this: Event ID: 8197 Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Type: Error Category: General Error initializing session for virtual machine <servername>. The error number is 0x8004011d. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. After making a bit of research on the net, i found out that Outlook shoudn`t be installed on the server. I did remove Outlook bu...

data entry #2
I would like to enter data into a cell and hit return and have th cursor move to my next data entry point. Can anyone help me with this I have tried locking cells that have the formulas but I still got t that cell and have to move the cursor down -- tjric ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tjrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1531 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26934 Try unlocking data entry cells, protect sheet; use TAB not ENTER to complete data entry (You are showi...

Microsoft RMS 1.2 and Spanish
Does RMS 1.2 software come in Spanish? Also, does MIcrosoft have Spanish Speaking Support? Andrea RMS can be set to Spanish. Not supported and to my knowledge no Spanish speaking support is available from Microsoft, perhaps one of the western states has a dealer with support that speaks Spanish. mt "Andrea" <Andrea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831F91FD-78A7-414D-8E3D-0F35BF2DBF4F@microsoft.com... > Does RMS 1.2 software come in Spanish? Also, does MIcrosoft have Spanish > Speaking Support? > Andrea How do you set it to Spanish? I have a...

How to do Time Started/Time Ended Chart
I have a list of scheduled tasks. In one column is the time the task started. In the next column is the time the task ended. Many of these tasks overlap. (Two or more task are running at the same time, starting and ending at different times.) I want a chart that shows how the tasks overlap. I'm thinking of a chart that has a standard time line for both x and y axis. The for each time on the x axis where a task began there are two dots connected by a line. The lower dot is when the task started, the upper dot when it ended and the line represents the duration. Then I could scan my eyes acr...

resize a fixed dialog #2
I am trying to figure out how I can resize a fixed dialog in another process. I have set a WH_CBT hook and added the WS_THICKFRAME style at time of creation. This achieves the resize handle in the lower right corner and also the cursor changes to the resize cursor when the mouse is over the border, however, the window does not resize. In Spy++, there are absolutely no resize-related messages being posted. I found a freeware utility, ResizeEnable, that accomplishes this task so I know it can be done. The documentation states that it installs a hook to intercept all messages related ...

cell contents #2
Hi, I have Office 97 installed on a Windows XP PRO. When I print any Excel sheet, the cell contents(text, numbers,...) are printing out side the cells. This becomes more apparent as you go down the column. Other users with the same version of Office (Excel) can print the same sheets fine with no problems. Thanks, Elisha Any chance that it's the printer--either driver or even physical (out of adjustment) problems? Elisha Philip wrote: > > Hi, > I have Office 97 installed on a Windows XP PRO. When I > print any Excel sheet, the cell contents(text, > numbers,...) are p...

a way to append data from 2 different files
I have two seperate excel files. One of these files is a list of products and the other file is a sorted one by part number and brand. What I need to do is basically cross reference the two files so where the part numbers equal each other I need to append the brand information from File B to File A. File A is named Master_File.csv and File B is named test_lookup_table_brand_part.csv Sample data from File B Column A 1683 Column B snma Column C tscny Column D altima this data would need to append to my File A or Master_File in the following way.. Cross Ref B to A on Colum...

Find & Extract #2
Hi, I have a list of all mail return data where there is would be a mail i "The original message was received at Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:21:4 +0530from [192.168.57.184] ----- The following addresses ha permanent fatal errors -----<mukundshah@indiatimes.com> (reason User unknown) ----- Transcript of session follows -----No user b that name.550 5.1.1 <mukundshah@indiatimes.com>... User unknown" Is there a formula where in I can find the e-mail id and it wil extract the same to a new sheet ? Luca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Lucas! Here...

how can i change year on event planner template
I have a really good template from MS called Event Schedule Planner 2009 but want to change it to 2010. When I change the year on the heading, the 12 month calendar below doesn't change . How can I change that, other than importing a calendar? The problem is that the project phases won't work (I think) if I insert a 2010 calendar. Will the dates I choose automatically change with the new calendar I insert? The planner template is but a basic document template. It is not macro driven and it could be a bit of a pain to make it so. There is no correlation between the dates...

CArchive and CFileDialog #2
Hi, I utilize Visual C++ .NET 2003 with MFC. When I open a file, MFC works with Serialize(CArchive& ar) method. ar is created by the MFC framework. If I want to specify the initial directory in the open file dialog box, I have to set it with the member lpstrInitialDir of the OPENFILENAME structure. My question is how to create the ar CArchive type to be able to call the Serialize method generated by MFC ? Thanks, Claude ...

Word 12.2.3 still not opening Word 2007 files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The issue is I cannot open some word 2007 files (WIN) on my office 2008. Well I removed the normal.dotm file as suggested, have all the updates on the 2007 version. I renames the file and still I cannot open in word 2008. I'm at a loss of why I can't open some files. <br> Any clue to fix? Hi Brian: There are potentially four issues here: 1) The file has been munged by the email system on the way through. A ..docx file is compressed with the zip format. Incorrectly configured email ...

how do i? #2
how do i create text and graphic files sam wrote: > how do i create text and graphic files Maybe you should master posting to Usnnet first... How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Otherwise, you might as well try here: Psychic Friends Network (800) 592-7827 -- In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

RMS 2.0 (according to MS)?
Interesting...on Microsoft's support site, they list "Microsoft Business Solutions Retail Management System 2.0" (along with 1.2) as actual products...is this just wishful thinking?? ...

start and end date of given date
Hi All, What's the easiest way to get the start and end date for a given date. The Mon thru Sun dates. Thanks, rodchar You can use known Monday and Sunday dates and calculate based on current date (or any parameter date): -- '20010101' is known Monday -- '20010107' is known Sunday SELECT DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010101') AS monday_for_date, DATEADD(DAY, (DATEDIFF(DAY, '20010101', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP) / 7) * 7, '20010107') AS sunday_for_date; -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQ...

Counting years
Hi, I have in column A this code as result of calculating years, months and days with dateif: Column A 6 / 8 / 25 6 / 0 / 17 5 / 11 / 12 6 / 6 / 21 6 / 0 / 30 6 / 3 / 30 6 / 1 / 0 6 / 7 / 3 8 / 11 / 14 6 / 0 / 11 6 / 3 / 27 6 / 0 / 0 6 / 1 / 20 I want to count the number of cells that have 5 years. In this case would be 1. The year is the first digit starting by the left. Thanks! Since those values look like text, you could try: =countif(a1:a10,"5 /*") Personally, I'd use separate columns for each of those years, months and days. It can make...