Payroll Update

HI all,
We are running GP 7.5. I installed SP7 and the July 2005
tax update for CDN payroll.
Now out payroll administrator gets an error message:
'The modified version of P_Payroll registry is missing'.
How do I fix this problem

Thanks

--
Henry
0

Outlook 2000 Inbox View Doesn't Update
hi there I am running Outlook 2000 on Windows XP Home Edition over an office LAN and my Inbox Window view doesn't update correctly when new emails come in. I have to click on a different folder and then click back to the Inbox folder to refresh the Window View. Any Ideas on how to fix this? regards Mark Your problem is that the UDP packets that Exchange sends to Outlook to notify it of changes are being blocked before they reach Outlook. Have your network administrator check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815052, as it may be the problem. If that's n...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Updating the link state table
Is there a button in Exchange System Manager anywhere (or a utility) to get Exchange to review the link state table (eg is a connection to another server up down) and recalculate best paths etc? I'm interested particularly because I find the "deny public folder referral" checkbox on a connector takes hours to be honoured and, without restarting the server, I'd like to be able to 'prod' Exchange to notice the change. Thanks No time to test it for PF referral, but you can try this: Just restart the related SMTP virtual servers. You need to right click "Stop&...

MSN Sync and Update
It seems the only time I can get money to update is if I remove my account from the online service and re-add the account. The MSN does not appear to sync at all, but not certain about that. It does appear that every time I try and login to Money, the "Review Update Results" page says, MSN Scynhronization "Your last call encountered an error: (date and time here)" and Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." Under the section for a credit card it says that everything is fine. It appears to be updating just fine. Under the section for my checki...

See this correction update
--vaojkjujptsyliwgc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yftdmqgqhj"; type="multipart/alternative" --yftdmqgqhj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ylngndnon" --ylngndnon Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help p...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Update Primary Supplier
Is it possible to prevent HQ from changing Primary Supplier at the store level? We have stores in multiple markets and they order the same SKU's but from different vendors. Whenever I issue a WS250 to update item information, there is always the risk that it will change the primary supplier at the store and often times, I don't want it to. I've worked around this problem temporarily using a custom table and DTS jobs, but is there a way to prevent WS250 from even changing Item.SupplierID ? Thanks No need to do anything, at the HQ level set the form level secruity and disabl...

Updating a salesorder field after Cancelling an order
I have a custom field in salesorder that needs to be populated with the cancellation date. The issue is that when using the base CRM cancel order action of the menu in the UI, the record is then not modifiable through the API or at least that is what I'm experiencing. Any thoughts or ides? Thanks! ...

money not updating
I too have money 2005 which hasn't updated since 30 Dec. Is there any news on this? Tony Hi just tried a suggestion from an earlier post to reduce the number of quotations requested but it did not help. The prices are from Dec 30, 2005. This problem seems to be across the board for all versions prior to 2006. How do we get the folks at MS to fix this? Is anyone paying attention here? Many people are paying attention here. Few, if any, of us can do anything to help with this and those who can have tried already. If you want to get attention from Microsoft you have to open a case dire...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

Update Install #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In trying to install the Office 12.1.2 Update I get the message "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.2 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Even though I have a registered functioning version of Office 2008. Hi, did you by any chance remove any Office components? See here for more details: <http://www.schwieb.com/blog/2008/08/14/leave-those-bits-alone/> If the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/6nl93o> If thi...

Update IDR_Menus
Hi, my problem is that on some PCs my program does not run properly, means the menus shows wrong items. Running the program from VS.NET, everything runs perfect; but just starting the program is not working correctly. Is running with VS.NET 7.1 and .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1. I change the prperties of my menu item by using ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI. The Update is done with the Message WM_KICKIDLE called with ON_COMMAND. Any ideas to this strang behavior?? Might be on some computers the Message is not called?? Or how should I do the update? Thanks a lot in advance Pierre So you have a problem in a...

Updating table with query results
I have one large table Tab1 on which I'm doing some very time- consuming calculations (by query). I can only add new data to this table, older date can't be changed. But on daily basis new data is appended to this table, and should also be recalculated. I think that it will work faster, if I do my calculations just one time and assign them to my table (as additional column). Example Tab1 ID::field1 1::a 2::b 3::a 4::a Result: Tab1_ver2 ID::field1::newcolumn 1::a::1 2::b::1 3::a::2 4::a::3 My calculation is to create from field f1 second key by adding counter to it. Pieter Wijnen hel...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

I am unable to update my Windows media player
I am using this audiobook program called overdrive media, and it requires Windows Media Player. When i try to download an audiobook this message (http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/yummyjellybucket/?action=view&current=VAAAT.png) pops up and when i press OK it won't let me. I am unable to put the audiobook on itunes because i downloaded it from my library website. PLEASE HELP On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:12:01 -0700, ItalianKahlanAmnell <ItalianKahlanAmnell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using this audiobook program called overdrive media, and it requ...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Automatically Update tick keeps reappearing??
Hi all, having an interesting problem with a couple of users in AD. Multisite Mixed Mode Exchange2000 with some 5.5 servers still around. I noticed recently that a handful of users had had their Primary SMTP address changed to one of their alias addresses. I though that this could be caused by someone applying a recipient policy (although when I checked, it hadn't been touched and it wouldn't have selected this address anyway) I changed the primary address back and removed the 'Automatically Update' tick just to be sure. ....but the following day everything was changed back ...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

Date field only update if document has been updated
Ok, this may be simple... but I haven't figured it out yet. I only want the date/time field in my footer to update if a change to the document has been made. I don't want it to change when the document opens. I don't want it to change when it's printed. I don't need the createdate field... that doesn't work... so.. is there anything I can do? Thanks! Kim -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/201004/1 Use the SaveDate field then. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Kim W. via OfficeKB.co...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

IMF Updates
Where do we download IMF Updates from? I cannot find anything on the MS websites that even mentions such. -- Blake There are no updates as yet, and Microsoft has made no announcement on how or when updates will be available. -- Mark Fugatt "Blake Parker" <bparker@alacare.com> wrote in message news:OLDbVzfhEHA.1440@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Where do we download IMF Updates from? I cannot find anything on the MS > websites that even mentions such. > > -- Blake > I haven't been able to find them either. When I first installed the product it was...

Macro to update sheet
I need a macro to update the sheet until cell H1 has my desired text. -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485005 Noted. "comotoman" <comotoman.1yibym_1132006208.1065@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:comotoman.1yibym_1132006208.1065@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I need a macro to update the sheet until cell H1 has my desired text. > > >...

Can't install Office 2008 12.1.7 Update because a version of software can't be found
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok, this is really stupid, I get a message saying: "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12.1.7 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I only have one volume and that's Macintosh HD, 297GB and Office is installed there I don't know what the problem is. Hope someone can help me. On 4/14/09 3:20 PM, "queequeg731@officeformac.com" <queequeg731@officeformac.com> wrote: > "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12....

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3
Hi All, The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru e Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app. The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the page I cited are rather extensive, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ...