Payroll Posting Accounts -- LOTS of them

Does anyone have a client that has thousands of payroll posting accounts setup?

Our client has 200 sites and 6 lines of business, so that gives them 1200
accounts, times about 5 different GL accounts (Salary, PTO, etc) which ends
up being around 6000 accounts in the payroll posting setup for Gross Pay.

I wondering how this will effect posting performance.  Does anyone have any
experience with this number of payroll posting accounts?

Thanks for any information!!!
0
jed9769 (25)

6,000 accounts should not have any effect on posting performance.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jed Perlowin" wrote:

> Does anyone have a client that has thousands of payroll posting accounts setup?
>
> Our client has 200 sites and 6 lines of business, so that gives them 1200
> accounts, times about 5 different GL accounts (Salary, PTO, etc) which ends
> up being around 6000 accounts in the payroll posting setup for Gross Pay.
>
> I wondering how this will effect posting performance.  Does anyone have any
> experience with this number of payroll posting accounts?
>
> Thanks for any information!!!
0
callen (2505)

Account Administrator
I want delegate responsibility for one of our OU (Organizational Unit). Is there a possibility to create Account Administrator only for one OU? I do not want delegate the Administration of other OU. How to solve such a small problem? MarcusB Howdie! On 10.03.2010 10:32, MarcusB wrote: > I want delegate responsibility for one of our OU (Organizational Unit). > Is there a possibility to create Account Administrator only for one OU? > I do not want delegate the Administration of other OU. How to solve such > a small problem? Sure - create a custom security group f...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

Confirmation of Access to Post for Outlook Questions
I have posted two inquiries and cannot find my postings. Need confirmation that I am accessing the newsgroup. Thanks! martha Hi Martha, I see this post, but when I sort by name I don't see any others with your first/last name. If you happen to see this, post your question again and I'll give it a rip to get an answer for you. :) "Martha Dempsey" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37dc01c4aa39$582eb3d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have posted two inquiries and cannot find my postings. > Need confirmation that I am accessing the newsgroup. &...

Workflow Post URL problem

Merge 2 accounts
Would like to be able to merge my wife's checking account and my account into one checking account. We have moved all our financial checking accounts into one at our bank, now would like to merge our activities into one account for budget tracking. We married a couple of years ago, now would like to be able to track our budget in one account. Our accounts balance in MS Money, so merging them seems like the thing to do. Please advise how to do this. Thank you So, you have two separate Money data files with multiple accounts in each and you want to merge them into one file? Or you h...

how do i get outlook to recognize web outlook accounts?
i'm trying to set up outlook to access my school e-mail account. the university uses web outlook access for our accounts. i'm having trouble getting it to be recognized. i assume it needs to be set up as a pop3 account, but when i put the address for the log in screen, it says that it is unable to log in. all of the info is correct. also, i don't know what the outgoing server would be. if anyone could help, i would really appreciate it. As u said university uses Web Outlook so you need to know whats the HTTP address and then add that while selecting HTTP as the incomi...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Thursday, December 23, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 161 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you ar...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Test Account Settings
I created a new profile and reestablished my email accounts in Outlook 2003. After setting up the account, I click on the "Test Account Settings" and get the following error message: Establish network connection: Unable to connect to the Internet or to the network. Please verify the connection settings. To access the connection settings, close this dialog, click More Settings, then click on the Connections Tab. This tells Outlook to connect to the local LAN. Email seems to send and receive OK. Just wondering why the "Test Account Settings" tab no longer works with m...

Attachments to posts
I think I've noticed, in my short time here, that posters sometimes attach files (ie-report generators, etc.) to reply posts, but I don't see the attachments when I read the posts. Are they only readable by the Original Poster, or are they sent by separate e-mail, or ??????? I understand the latter is what's happening when a poster says "I've sent you.........", but don't understand when the poster says "It's attached". Some of these would be interesting to have. -- WineGuy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Tax-Exempt dividends in a Fidelity Account
I use MSMoney 6.0 and have recently made an investment change that includes a tax-exempt MM fund. I am trying to figure out how to make these dividends show up as tax exempt in the tax section of Money. I have the tax exempt box checked in the details section of the investment. Right now the dividends show up as taxable. Does anyone have a solution? I was up on a chat session with Microsoft yesterday and the tech finally just ended my session and went on to her next customer. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all. Levi In microsoft.public.money, Levi wrote: >I use MSMoney 6.0 ...

Restricted Stock Account (RSA) & Employee Option
I am having a hard time tracking my dividends. I have the RSA setup, but the amounts don't balance. For example: I have 80 vested stocks at $21 each, but money tells me its only worth $252. Now we went through a merger and some dividends were paid and I have no idea how to track it, since it already appears to be incorrect. On the Employee Option I gave up a long time ago, did't even get it setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. -- RPC ...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

HELP! How do I get a total for columns sorted by account number on a spread sheet
Ok, I am not sure how else to explain this. On a spread sheet I will be entering account numbers and a balance due on different spots in the sheet. On a 2nd spread sheet I need it to find the specific account number and add up the total that customer owes. Can I do a total by account number by formula or will I have to do seperate spreadsheets for each person? If you can't tell I am lost. Laurie, Try something like =SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:A100,"12345678",Sheet1!B1:B100) where Sheet1!A1:A100 is the account number range, "123456768" is the account number to check, Sheet1...

Stock Variance report print, Second Stock Sheet print before post
Clients request an intermediate step in the stock take process. They require a stock variance report to be printed after the first stock count. From this report they require a second stock sheet print of the items with a variance from the first count. After this second count and the final adjustment entry, post and print of the posted variances. Currently not available in GP9 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you ...

Unique account name
Hi All! Our client wants us to provide functionality of checking unique during entering a new account. What solution can i provide or how to argue out of this requirement? I can see following: 1. Using post-callout for checking and then sending notification by e-mail in problem case. 2. Make primary key for this field in DB. (Some hacker's method) 3. Or convince customer that in case not bulk entering new clients. Before enering a new account employee can check via advanced find if it exists or not. What thoughts? I find it interesting that you have the employee first looking for the re...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

For John, et al. Re Combining Columns (previous post)
Hi, Using Excel 2007 Have a spreadsheet that I copied from elsewhere, that I want to modify a bit. In one column are GMT times expressed as 4 digits. e.g., 0000, 2130, etc. I want to combine (as in my previous post) these times with another column. No problem, as John's suggestion works fine. But: I can't get it to accept the 4 digits of: 0000 It keeps changing them to just a single digit: 0 I tried formatting the column as text, general, and a number, but the same thing. Any thoughts why it changes ? How do I get it to accept, keep, and work with, al...

Margin Account
I am looking for an excel spreadsheet that would help me caclualte the margin call amount in an account. For example, if a client invests $10,000 and the assets have a loan value of 50%, he has a margin of $5,000. Now if he invests this $5,000.00 into assets that have a loan value of 25%, he has an additional margin of $1,250.00. And if he invests this available margin of $1,250 into assets that have a loan value of 50%, he has addition 625 margin available and so an. So I was wondering a spreadsheet would be available to help me caclulate how much margin would be available if the exces...

Arbitrary Postings On Downloads
Greetings Group: Got a problem you may be able to help me with (Microsoft hasn't). From time to time, when I download the info from my bank, I will get a posting that is wrong. The dollar amount is correct, but the payee is not. For example, today, my wife made an ATM withdrawal. Tonight, I downloaded the bank info and the information that was posted listed the payee as a local pizza parlor. I'm not sure if I am clearly stating this. Let me try another way. If there is a transaction that is NOT listed in the register by me, when I download the banks information, then Money will arbitra...

Posting to a closed period (year in the past)
At the beginning of the year, I started using a new company in GP. I entered my 12/31/06 balances as a 1/1/07 journal entry. Now I want to back up and enter the 12/31/05 balances, THEN close the end of year for 12/31/05. Also, I want to go back and enter the monthly balances for 06, then close 2006 end of year. I also plan to remove the 1.1.07 journal entry that we put in to get the company started for this year. I know how to use integration manager to import the records, but where I previously entered end of year balances for 05, it shows it as a historical year, and treats it a...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...