Payroll - payments in advance

Is there any way we can p[rocess payments in advance?  I see the advanced
payrun option but cant see a good explanation of this in the manual.

Currently we make payments to emloyees for vacation in advance.  i.e. we
will process, say, 2 weeks vacation and pay this in advance with 2*gross
salary, 2* benefits and 2*deductions.  This is unusual (to take benefits and
deductions in advance) - but is a quirk of Bermuda - it is like processing 2
full, seperate payrolls.  Obviously, GP works fine with % deductions/
benefits, but not for fixed amount ones.  Is there any way to get around this
within payroll? Currently I have to double up the deductions etc for the
employee and then make sure I remeber to reduce them again afterwards -
messy! Should I just process payroll as normal (weekly) but issue checks in
advance as 'staff lonas'.  Is there anyway to get payroll to post directly to
the 'staff loans' account if it relates to vacation?

Any thoughts would be appreciatied.
0
adam1685 (340)

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Advanced Filter Causes Crash #2
I tried both of the ideas that were offered and got great results.. thanks so much -- flipnell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- flipnello's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26552 Great! Thanks for letting us know. flipnello wrote: > I tried both of the ideas that were offered and got great results... > thanks so much! > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Advanced Find for Network Files
In Outlook 2000, I was able to go to Tools/Advanced Find and specify that I wanted to look for files on my network rather than just Outlook/Exhange files. Now that I have Outlook 2003, I only have an option to browse for files that are in Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know how to get around this? I really liked the ability to get to folders and files on the network in 2000 and desperately miss this feature in 2003. Am I missing something? Please help.... Thanks. ...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

labels and mail merge
I am merging names from an excel spreadheet to create name badges using Avery label 5095. This particular label had 8 individual labels on a 8.5" x 11 sheet. I have 56 unique names and would like them merged and printed on 7 label sheets (8 name labels per sheet times 7 sheets equals 56 names). Unfortunatley when I merge the document I get 56 pages and when I print it prints one name 8 times on a sheet. What I want is for Publisher to print each name as it is merged into a label, just like Word does (except Word does not habe border art). Am I missing something really obvious ...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Copying filtered data using advance filter to another sheet
Hi All Can anybody tell me how to copy filtered data usiing advance filter to another worksheet (not the one containing list) Thanks Bandula Hi, you could start from the other sheet and then copy the list when you filter or you could select the filtered list. Press F5, click Special and select visible cells, copy and paste.. Regards, Peo Sjoblom >-----Original Message----- >Hi All > >Can anybody tell me how to copy filtered data usiing >advance filter to another worksheet (not the one >containing list) > >Thanks Bandula >. > ...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

Question from an not to advance user
Let say that I have collumn A filled with one letter on some line. How can I add all letter at the bottom, to know how many I have. And is it also possible to have 2 letter separated by , on the same line that will also be ad at the bottom. Thank you -- AUTOCT ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AUTOCT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29789 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494949 Assume your data is in the range from A1 to A99. In cell A100 enter the formula: =COUNTA(A1...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Canadian Payroll and US Payroll Together
Is it possible to run Canadian and US payroll in the same instance of Great Plains? ...

Payroll needs an advanced gross up calculator
Payroll needs a more advanced gross up calculator that can be used per employee and that you can use during the payrun to recalculate on the fly before printing the checks. I want to be able to enter the employee ID, enter the net amount, and adjust taxes/deductions as necessary before printing. Many other products such as Abra, Ceridian, Quickbooks and Kronos offer this functionality. It is essential that payroll offer this flexibility as well. You might want to think about entering a suggestion in the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource. It makes the suggestion...

Upgrading to GP2010 with payroll
Has anyone that uses payroll upgraded to GP2010 yet? We use the advance payroll (arrears and payroll to AP integration). Has anyone had trouble with this upgrade? We would like to upgrade ASAP, but may wait till SP1 is released if there are issues with payroll. PS: Is the "notify me of replies working"? ...

Payroll
I've been working on a payroll workbook, and most everything is working the way I want it to except the YTD totals. I want to update the YTD cell with the push of a button (or keystrokes) after the user finishes with the rest of the values. Help? Ted Presumably you have a spreadsheet in which you update specific data and then get a YTD total at the end. I understand that you want to update the data first and then calculate the YTD total afterwards. The simplest way to do what you want is the following. In the Excel sheet select <Tools><Options> and select the <Ca...

Payroll #14
We have a problem with multiple payrates, when a paycheck has more than three line items per pay code, in our case multiple rates, GP combines the hours on the third line with the default payrate for that paycode. Has anyone come across a fix for this? We are on GP V. 9.0358. ...

Payroll Tax Updates Includes All Patches...Why??
We recently upgraded from GP7.5 to GP9.0 including Canadian Payroll. One thing we have noticed now is that with GP9.0, the payroll tax updates include all previous hotfixes, even if they have nothing to do with payroll. This is problematic for us because we have a large GP environment including several customizations, and we need to do extensive testing anytime we release an update to GP. In GP7.5, the tax updates only affected the users with Canadian Payroll, but now all of our clients must be updated since the version numbers change for all of the modules that are patched with the t...

Advanced Security by menu
GP 9.0 sp2.... Why is it that the advanced security 'menu view' doesn't match the menus on the application? example... In the app: Tools ==> setup, utilities, routines, smartlist builder, customize, integrate, macro, resource descriptions. In Adv Sec: Tools ==> setup, utilities, routines, integrate. Shouldn't the 'by menu view' allow me to shut off what I want shut off (with a few exceptions at the dict level)... thanks... mark/ Mark By default, Advanced Security only shows the menus it can control in the By Menu view. It cannot control security for menu ...

Reports/Payroll/Employee Lists/Lists by Deduction
We're on GP 7.5 and this report (and probably others in the same area) doesn't include $$ for employees' deduction codes that have been inactivated, yet were used sometime during the date range being used. Per MSBS, this has not changed in any later versions, and we have to mark the setup to include inactive employees if we want $$ for inactive codes to be included. Doing that brings in every employee we ever had.......that's certainly not desireable. This report(s) needs another setting to mark indicating whether or not to include employees' inactive codes....or so...

Year to Date Amount on Payroll Check
We just printed out our first payroll check for 2007. The amount for the check printed fine but the Year To Date amount is double the amount. In some cases, YTD amount is triple of less than double. How do we fix this problem and where is this data stored? ...

payroll
Employee timecard (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly) I am using this template to track hours. I need to get it to start adding overtime hours at 40. right now it just adds hours. can you help me with the formula to get it to do this. It is a great template for me. Thanks, please help. Bill Bill, see if this will help, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "william forbe...