Payroll Paycode Need Business Expense Piecework Unit/Rate Based

Great Plains Payroll - Version 8.00g44 - This issue is not fixed in 9.0 either.
Refer Support Incident # 8362931 if need be

If pay type is not a Business expense (Tools > Setup > Payroll > Paycode),
and even if the Subject to taxes boxes are unchecked, the taxes are still
calculated on these particular paycodes.
So, for example, a pay code type of “Piecework” can never be considered as a
business expense.

According to the present system, a true business expense has to have a
Pay-code with a pay-type of Business Expense.

The problem with using Business Expense as a Pay-type is “it is not unit
based”. So for a business expense, we can never pay 10 units x 12
dollars/unit = 120.00. It will always be amount based which means 1 unit x $
120.00 = $ 120.00

A fine example is pay-code XPMILE  standing for Personal Mileage
Reimbursement. According to our company policies, the pay-rate for personal
office mileage is 0.350.
We can never bring this into GP “unit based” to track personal mileage
re-imbursement per employee. This always has to be amount based.

If the employee GIRV drivers 50 miles, ideally I want to bring this as 50
miles @ 0.350 which will equal to an amount of $ 17.50

But in the present system I need to bring this as 1 unit x 17.50 which will
equal to an amount of 17.50. But the problem here is I lose the “number of
miles”

Two solutions we can think of:

a) Ideally XPMILE should be of pay-type  “Piecework”. This way I can track
the number of miles and the rate per mile. The problem is even if I uncheck
the ‘Subject to taxes” check-boxes these wages are still used for Federal tax
calculation/s. We can show you some examples. This needs to be fixed

b) Alternatively, you should have another pay-type called “Business Expense
– Piecework”.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=80e32148-95a5-4bd0-8fa4-85ec247f4827&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Viriyur (1)

I need elegance.....
I'm stumped and asking for elegance here.... I have a table that doesn't scale in a linear fashion (it is for use with computing the langolier pool water index) when I check the water I get a test result to compare to my table, and I then take the result from the other side for further computation 32 0 37 0.1 46 0.2 53 0.3 60 0.4 66 0.5 76 0.6 84 0.7 94 0.8 105 0.9 what I want is for a test result like 35- I'd like to get a formula response that is .06 so I'd like a formula that finds which two table numbers it...

I need to touch and loop
Very simply, I have a form in a very complex application I've inherited. On that form is a date field which, if changed, fires off all the action I need to do (a LOT of it) in the access form. (This is a Jet database, not real triggers.) It's set by a lost_focus even that checks the value. However, I need to do this for several hundred records so I want to automate it from a separate form. I can change the value, but it doesn't fire the changed event. I tried creating a public procedure in the target form to call the update event procedure, but my calling form can't seem to...

2002 vs 2007 MS Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs t
I have an Excel file with VBA code that was running fine in version 2002. When I switched to version 2007, it now gives me intermittent "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close." My choices are to Send Error Report or Don't Send. It also has a check box for recovering the file. I posted this issue before and it was decided that perhaps the file was corrupted, so I rebuilt the file in the new version from scratch. No change in the problem...ouch! So I'm going to post this code again in hopes somebody will have an idea about how t...

Need help: The name could not be resolved...
Using Exchange server 2003 as server and Outlook 2000 on Win 98 as client, I receive an error message titled "Microsoft Exchange" stating "The name could not be resolved. The operation failed." when I click on Check Name button. However, I have no problem with Outlook 2003 on Win XP. The workstation is part of and logged on an MS domain. I can ping the Exchange server successfully. Please help me if I am missing anything. Thanks a lot. Need help: The name could not be resolved... In news:cn2am.7c0.19.1@news.alt.net, Mike Cello <m.cello@yahoo.com> typed: ...

fill a cell based on another cells value
can i fill a cell with a color based on a value from another cell? Use Conditional Formatting. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "r2rcode" wrote: > can i fill a cell with a color based on a value from another cell? i looked into that but it all seems to be based on your filling the cell with the value. i need to fill a cell based on a value from ANOTHER cell. if you know what condition to use, it would be appreciated. thanks. "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Use Conditional Formatting. > -- > Gary''s Student - gsnu2...

IE9 needs download folder management.
So it's easy to download to standard folder. DUH. It's like this you cock sucking son of bitches: C:\Download Every PC in the world needs it. And then you simpy make: C:\Download\Tools or C:\Download\Applications and C:\Download\Games C:\Download\Drivers etc. Then you give website developers an option to tell you what kind of junk it is that you downloading so it automatically goes to the correct folder. You don't need to be einstein to do that do ya ?! Son of bitches ! ;) Bye, Skybuck. Also: Option to specify junk fol...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

want to buy microsoft office package and i need your help
Hello everyone I'm new to this amazing group, I need your help I want to buy the microsoft office package that includes word 2007, Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007, and Outlook 2007 from Amazon and the price really cheap from what I saw But I want to ask you whether good price should I buy the software from the site? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCVR3A?ie=UTF8&tag=fixstore-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000HCVR3A Thank you Mr.Office On 12/16/09 5:06 PM, in article 18ad36e9-0351-4525-af50-ebde0a9d8ddb@s20g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Excel 2003
Further to the answer below, I need the following in one formula! Thank you for looking. If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Mon or Tue or Wed or Thur or Fri then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£17.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sat then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£20.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sun then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£25.00) into F1(£Total) but if Cell A1 = V and Cell H1 is between time (0001-0700) then multiply C1 with (£15.0...

I need help or an app
I have Office 2007 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to physically sign a document on a touchscreen pda or computer? I know I can write on my pda with notepad and I know you can esign with adobe but is there a way to sign a words or adobe file physically? If you have a graphics tablet or a tablet PC, yes. If not, you could scan in your signature, save it as a graphic, and paste it into any file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "redbobo" <redbobo@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Vista 64 bit
OK, I am so completely feed up with Vista and have been wanting to upgrade to Windows 7, but now my external hard drive has completely failed and was never working correctly with Vista anyway, because of the 64 bit issues so now I need to spend the money on a new external hard drive instead of upgrading to 7. So here's my issue: I understand now that the 64 bit issue was a software/driver issue and not a hardware issue. I was using a Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus with an XP machine. The Xp machine died and I got a Vista machine (right before the free upgrade to 7 started. Dang it!). ...

DLL
Hi, I am stuck. I tried so many different things to no avial. I am getting linker errors when I try to access methods in the .cpp = file. It works fine if access the method is in the .h file. x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingPenthouse(); //Works because it is a Top = Level class x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingMezzanine(); //Fails. Method in = Mezzanine.cpp file x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingBaseInHeader(); //works. Method in Base.h = file *Note that I am using a nifty way of importing/exporting methods from = the DLL I found on Code Project. The following must be added to the stdafx...

I need to pull out a users email from Exchagne 2003 and put it into a .pst
I think I'm supposed to use ExMerge.exe, but when I try to run it, I get the error: "This application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". I found the application at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163ec-dcdf-47dc-96da-1c12d67327d5&displaylang=en I installed it into "Program Files\exchsrv\bin" Never mind.... "Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote in message news:e7iaMaxYGHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I think I'm suppose...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

Help needed with writing files in binary mode.
I need to add writing a binary file to my application and I haven't had much experience with writing files. I've been trying to understand and use examples found on the web and here is what I've been working with. 'Start code: Dim i As Integer Dim nFileNum As Integer Dim sFilename As String sFilename = "C:\Temp.bin" Open sFilename For Binary Access Write As #nFileNum ' Put data in the file For i = 0 To 15 'Write #nFileNum, , i Put #nFileNum, , i Next i Close #nFileNum 'End code This works but when I look at the file usi...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Help needed tweaking the "randbetween" function
I am using the following =93Random Between=94 formula, =93=3Drandbetween (0,1).=94 As expected, I=92m getting =930=94 approximately 50% of the time = and =931=94 approximately 50% of the time. Is there a way in Excel 2008 that I can get the results to be a little less random; say get =930=94 53% of the time and =931=94 47% of the time? Thanks, Ed Ed - =IF(RAND()<=0.53,0,1) - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "Ed" <evolchok@qcc.cuny.edu> wrote in message news:753cbcbb-5179-4fa8-8f10-cabef0025f44@t12g2000vbk.googlegroups.com... I am using the fo...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager SNAFU
I just installed Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. My OS is Windows XP, and I'm running Office XP in addition to Outlook 2003 only (I installed Outlook 2003 over 2002 or XP version). Business Contact Manager will not allow me to autolink or manually link emails or other items to my business accounts or contacts. When I attempt to autolink, an error dialogues says: " An unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. Click continue and application will ignore this error and attempt to continue". However, it crashes every time. Attempt...

Need Help Please
How can I CREATE a powerpoint 2003 background (color scheme)? Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? A background can be based on a color scheme, but it doesn't have to be. So I'm not exactly sure what you're really asking. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "kpickren" <kpickren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F8849...

Need help with Rules
Hi... Using Outlook 2000- One person's email is continually moved to the delete folder... his name is Jose Cardenas... and I have not been able to figure out what is triggering it...I do have a rule set up to delete the odd characters that we were once spammed with (from overseas) years ago, but I do not see any of them in his name/email address- ex: 'e, etc... Where can I look further? Thanks! -- B'rgds, Vinnie Delete that rule. The Jose probably has an accent that you don't see. You should also add his name to the list of Safe Senders. "Uncle Vinnie"...

Forms Based Authentication
This is my second try sending this message. I sent one earlier today, but for some reason it never showed up? I sent it in this news group around 9.52 AM CST. Using Outlook Express. Bunch of other messages are coming through after my message, so here I go again, just in case it got lost somehow? (Even tried to unsubscribe to the newsgroup and add it back but no result.) *** We don't use Forms Based Authentication currently. If we turn that on, will/could it cause problems to anything else? Any reasons to why not to go with Forms Based Authentication? We are using OWA, Outlook remotel...

Excel 2003: Charting Two Datasets with Different Sampling Rates (T
My problem may seem simple to some, but it has me a bit perplexed. It has to do with comparing two different sets of financial data (both already in Excel 2003) on to a single chart, but their sampling rates are different (time and money). 1) X-axis (Time): One is sampled weekly and the other is monthly. 2) Y-axis (USD): One is in native USDs and the other is in USDs (x1000). Is it possible to create the chart referencing the datasets thru links or will I need to bring copies of the data sets into a single file or worksheet? If so, please tell me how? How can I simply get these two d...

ebook needed
Hi! Has anyone here "Microsoft Excel 97 Developer's Kit" in ebook variant? or where I can buy such version of this book? Thanks You can still get this title at "www.megabytebooks.com" for ?12.50. -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "Alex Kucherenko" <alexkucherenko@mail.ru> wrote in message news:u3ttOns%23DHA.3384@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Has anyone here "Microsoft Excel 97 Developer's Kit" in ebook variant...

Outlook and hosted Exchange for very small business: general advice wanted
I have a very small small business -- three PCs I have used a POP mail service with Outlook 2000 and used net folders to share contacts. I am thinking of upgrading to Outlook 2003, and moving to a hosted Exchange service for e-mail. I have never used Exchange for email, and am having a little trouble even knowing what to ask potential service providers. One concern I have is about how I would keep email archives. I understand that Exchange synchronizes what appears in my Outlook folders with what is on the Exchanger server. One service I am looking at keeps deleted items for 30 days. I ...