Payroll - HR

How do I pay a salaried employee 3 weeks of salary instead of 2 on the next
paycheck?
--
Becca M
0

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

Canadian Payroll and US Payroll Together
Is it possible to run Canadian and US payroll in the same instance of Great Plains? ...

Payroll
I've been working on a payroll workbook, and most everything is working the way I want it to except the YTD totals. I want to update the YTD cell with the push of a button (or keystrokes) after the user finishes with the rest of the values. Help? Ted Presumably you have a spreadsheet in which you update specific data and then get a YTD total at the end. I understand that you want to update the data first and then calculate the YTD total afterwards. The simplest way to do what you want is the following. In the Excel sheet select <Tools><Options> and select the <Ca...

Upgrading to GP2010 with payroll
Has anyone that uses payroll upgraded to GP2010 yet? We use the advance payroll (arrears and payroll to AP integration). Has anyone had trouble with this upgrade? We would like to upgrade ASAP, but may wait till SP1 is released if there are issues with payroll. PS: Is the "notify me of replies working"? ...

Payroll needs an advanced gross up calculator
Payroll needs a more advanced gross up calculator that can be used per employee and that you can use during the payrun to recalculate on the fly before printing the checks. I want to be able to enter the employee ID, enter the net amount, and adjust taxes/deductions as necessary before printing. Many other products such as Abra, Ceridian, Quickbooks and Kronos offer this functionality. It is essential that payroll offer this flexibility as well. You might want to think about entering a suggestion in the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource. It makes the suggestion...

Payroll #14
We have a problem with multiple payrates, when a paycheck has more than three line items per pay code, in our case multiple rates, GP combines the hours on the third line with the default payrate for that paycode. Has anyone come across a fix for this? We are on GP V. 9.0358. ...

Reports/Payroll/Employee Lists/Lists by Deduction
We're on GP 7.5 and this report (and probably others in the same area) doesn't include $$ for employees' deduction codes that have been inactivated, yet were used sometime during the date range being used. Per MSBS, this has not changed in any later versions, and we have to mark the setup to include inactive employees if we want $$ for inactive codes to be included. Doing that brings in every employee we ever had.......that's certainly not desireable. This report(s) needs another setting to mark indicating whether or not to include employees' inactive codes....or so...

Payroll Tax Updates Includes All Patches...Why??
We recently upgraded from GP7.5 to GP9.0 including Canadian Payroll. One thing we have noticed now is that with GP9.0, the payroll tax updates include all previous hotfixes, even if they have nothing to do with payroll. This is problematic for us because we have a large GP environment including several customizations, and we need to do extensive testing anytime we release an update to GP. In GP7.5, the tax updates only affected the users with Canadian Payroll, but now all of our clients must be updated since the version numbers change for all of the modules that are patched with the t...

Year to Date Amount on Payroll Check
We just printed out our first payroll check for 2007. The amount for the check printed fine but the Year To Date amount is double the amount. In some cases, YTD amount is triple of less than double. How do we fix this problem and where is this data stored? ...

payroll
Employee timecard (daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly) I am using this template to track hours. I need to get it to start adding overtime hours at 40. right now it just adds hours. can you help me with the formula to get it to do this. It is a great template for me. Thanks, please help. Bill Bill, see if this will help, http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "william forbe...

Payroll #7
In the State of Ohio, worker’s comp wages are calculated by adding certain benefits and subtracting certain deductions. Is there any way that the deduction and benefit codes can have an input box for worker’s comp codes similar to what the pay codes have? Since we cannot calculate the wages in the system correctly, the monthly liability posting is incorrect in addition to paying the wrong amount to the state. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

payroll journal
Verson 9 - what report do you run when a payroll journal is requested for a 1 year period? What data do you need on the report? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Verson 9 - what report do you run when a payroll journal is requested for a 1 > year period? ...

Manual payroll check does not appear in GL's
Hi... We processed a manual payroll check for one of our companies and we have an issue with it not appearing in GL's That check appears does appear in Payroll and checkbook. I am not sure what could have caused this to happen but is there a way we can fix this issue? Any help on this one will be much appreciated. Thank you, Hetal. ...

Payroll Tips
We had an employee at the Golf Course Restaurant who left before she handed in her last tip sheet. We have it for this payroll - reported cash tips of $30, but no wages for this pay period to take her taxes from. So, GP has uncollected taxes (SS & Medicare), which in this case is $2.30. These are to be reported on her w-2, but how does this get to the w-2 to box 12 with the correct codes (A & B) for Social Security and Medicare at year end? The GP help does not give this information and this is a new issue for us. Is this all set up in the GP mapping for the info to the W-2 ...

Adding payroll stubs payroll calculator
I am trying to add more payroll stubs on my payroll calculator. I have 5 employees and it only gives me stubs for four of them. I need to be able to add more with out having to set it up myself, as I don't know how. if by stubs you mean tabs or sheet in a excel workbook all you need to do is right lick on a "stub" and selet move or copy,you have a choice where you want to move or copy it to.To copy it you must click in the create a copy box You will get an exact copy of the sheet you copied,dont forget to give it a new name by right clicking on it and rename otherwise you w...

Filter Employees on payroll
I have in the payroll of a customer employees with direct deposit and employees that they issue a check i would like to know if there is a way when building your payroll check batch to filter employees by DD or check i mean depending if they are setup for DD or not right now all my customers are doing 2 separate batches but the process of sending each employee to the category they belong that takes time Thank you Thank you all, i just resolved my issue, i set up a different class for DD and the default for CHECKS and that way i can filter when creating the payroll batch have a good day al...

Bank Rec and Cdn Payroll
Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not showing up in Bank rec? Help please I could really use some help on this I have had payroll cheques show up on the cheque register and then the next batch doesn't show on the register list. I have them on the check register list and not in bank rec. I must be missing a crucial link someone. Thanks Gloria "Gloria" wrote: > Any ideas on how the payroll checks are on the cgeque register list but not > showing up in Bank rec? > > Help please ...