Payroll GP 10.0

Got this from a client and not sure what they are doing, but never heard of
this any help would be great.

As I am reviewing the Payroll Deduction Journal from the payroll I just ran
yesterday, I have identified 5 employees whose deductions & benefits did not
calculate.  I happen to be one of the 5.  There is $$$$$ that did not come
off my pay as deductions; including my 401K.  The common denominator seems to
be when employee changes are made, deductions & benefits are made inactive;
even though those benefits & deductions have no part in the changes being
made.  Pardon me, but this does not make any sense to me at all.  It is VERY
discouraging to think, I will need to go through everyone’s benefit/deduction
summaries EVERY TIME I update someone’s record.  There has to be some way
around this.   Please put this on your to-do list & get back to me.
0
Jim8980 (510)

I'm not sure who is supposed to put this on a to do list but I've got several
GP 10 Payroll clients and I have not heard of this issue.

There are some details you need to provide like what kinds of changes are
being made. Are the classes being changed? That could inactivate payroll
codes depending upon how the classes are set up.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jim" wrote:

> Got this from a client and not sure what they are doing, but never heard of
> this any help would be great.
>
> As I am reviewing the Payroll Deduction Journal from the payroll I just ran
> yesterday, I have identified 5 employees whose deductions & benefits did not
> calculate.  I happen to be one of the 5.  There is $$$$$ that did not come
> off my pay as deductions; including my 401K.  The common denominator seems to
> be when employee changes are made, deductions & benefits are made inactive;
> even though those benefits & deductions have no part in the changes being
> made.  Pardon me, but this does not make any sense to me at all.  It is VERY
> discouraging to think, I will need to go through everyone’s benefit/deduction
> summaries EVERY TIME I update someone’s record.  There has to be some way
> around this.   Please put this on your to-do list & get back to me.
0
callen (2505)

how to restore v7.5 GP DB into a 9.0 company
Hello, We use a backup company in our system for testing purposes. From time to time we restore a recent backup of our live company into it. Sometimes though, we restore an old backup into it in order to view the status of the company prior to some change or another. We are just now upgrading to 9.0 from 7.5. The upgrade is going onto a new server and most issues have been resolved. One issue I have not figured out is as follows. Let's say that a month into running 9.0 we realize something is funky in our GL. We decide to take a look at things as they were from a couple months before the...

Getting excel to recognize 0 in the front
I am trying to setup a worksheet that will take a 3 digit number in one column and split it using left , right and mid functions to other columns. I only encounter a problem if the number I want it to breakdown starts with a 0. (i.e. 068). Any ideas how to work around this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. F Marchese Pre-format the column as TEXT......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Frank Marchese" <xxtaz100xx@earthlinknospam.net> wrote in message news:_H8ie.3209$uR4.843@news...

Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0
Hi all .. I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0". Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam. I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ? If any body have any other document or article let me know.. Thank you all, Begginer in Dynamics Vijay Kumar Kashetty If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to prepare for you exams, but still the manual which come...

Documentation CD of MSCRM 3.0
Hi there, I've downloaded MSCRM 3.0 beta and in the SDK there's a sample code of dynamicpicklists indicating to be in the documentation CD. Where can i download that cd for this version? or is there any place else to find that code? thanks in advance, Diogo Maya Monteiro If you check the readme in the doc folder, it has links to the SDK online. This download has the samples you are looking for. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Diogo Monteiro" <DiogoMonteiro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:123A6D9A-8C14-4777-BC19-F824B7677491@microsoft.com....

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Sales Process Workflow 08-10-06
Is there a way to delete a Sales Process workflow? I know how to cancel it, but I would like to remove a wrongly selected process from the opportunity record. ------=_NextPart_0001_325E01E7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! You can look in workflow monitor and cancel the workflow instance for the opportunity. Then you can apply a new workflow if you like. However, any changes incurred from the stages that the opp. went through from the first workflow will still be present. I hope that this helps you out. Kind regards, Mike ==========================...

Upgrade from GP 7.5
Our company is in a unique situation and now tremendously under the gun since support of our 7.5 Great Plains product is due to run out very quickly with tax time approaching fast. Here's the problem. Our company is not in control of our operational or hardware budget. We are contractors to a governmental agency in a management contract. Those budgets are seriously constrained right now due to proposed changes in that contract in the next few years. Our current hardware will only support up to Great Plains 8.0 and there's almost no chance we can enhance our system prior t...

GP 8 Analyses Cubes
Evaluating Analyses Cubes for Excel module in Fabrikam and am having some problems generating excel pivot from GP. Able to get the data by using Excel Add-In, so I guess everything is fine the OLAP db and cubes. In GP, from Excel Pivot Table Creator window am able to connect to the server, get the list of cubes, dimensions and measures, but when I want to generate the pivot or save the definition I get the: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, ...

I get a 0 value when a formula is copied to another cell
A1=1; B1=1; C1=A1+B1=2; when the formula in C1 was copied to C2 where A2=2; B2=2; the value is shown as 0. HOwever, when i checked the formula in C2, it was correct (A2+B2). Why is this so? I checked the "calculation" under the optiions, automatic was ticked. I also pressed F9 for recalc, the value in C2 remained at 0. Can someody enlighten me on this? thanks If you mistakenly typed -2 in either A2 or B2 then C2 would equal 0 instead of 4. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply by e-mail .. "arleen a." <arleen a.@discu...

testing #10
cant post? "JDS" <jdslater@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:6YLMl.688725$yE1.662347@attbi_s21... > cant post? Clearly you can, but this is the wrong newsgroup for test posts. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

GP 8.0 help, corrupted datbase?
Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and hopefully someone can help. We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000. When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal settings". On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors associated with some custom modules that were created months ago. This problem only started happening this w...

Upgrade to 10
Frustation building...I'm trying to upgrade to 10.0 from 8.0 SP5 in a test environment on a Virtual machine. When it tries to install the components it fails on the MS Sql Server native client 9, MS Dexterity Shared Components 10, and the MS Application Error reporting 11. It tells me to look at the .tmp file for information but I can't find the stupid .tmp file. I'm running the upgrade from the DVD on my local machine and connecting to the test server via Remote Desktop Connection. Any help out there???? -- jav If you have access to Customer/Partner Source s...

GP 8.0 new customer
Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt. Does anyone do approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as little as 3.49 to more than 2500. When we post a batch it gives us numerous pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit. It just seems to be time consuming and we would like to streamline this process. Any suggestions? Hi Ann- With a little more information I think I can help with your issue. Please feel free to call me at 407-660-0059 x 109 if you would li...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Email Tracking CRM 4.0
Hi I am trying to set up automatic email tracking on CRM 4.0. I have installed and configured the email router and a forward mailbox - test is successful. I have also got 2 users where the incoming rule = forward mailbox. When i send an email from another user account in the same domain to a crm user on whose account the rule deployment wizard has been installed, the emails get to CRM mailbox but do not get promoted to CRM. Can someone please help me what I might be doing wrong. I would really really appreciate some help please. Regards Snow White Have you checked if the users have ...

Cannot print from GP
Hi We are getting following error message when user tries to print. The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820 We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation. This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up. This user workstion is the following: Server: SQL Server GP version: 8.00g44 Dexterity: 8.00m079 DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86) also following error occurs in user workstation event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: Dexterity Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4...

Reporting Services And Object Data Source 06-18-10
Hi, I've a report with a object data source. I've a entity (A) with a property (b) that return an object (C) with other property (D). how can i put a property D in my report?" Thank in advance Giorgio Hi Giorgio, To view the property D in your report data source, you need to create your bussiness objects like this: 1. Class C class BusinessObjectC { private string d; public BusinessObjectC(string strD) { d = strD; } public string D { get { return d; } } } 2. Class A ...

Error code 646 05-31-10
I get this error code 646 as I see everyone else does. I have searched these posts and find no helpful answer. Actually, I find NO answer. I get 15 critical updates and only 1 will install. Tried turning off firewall. NOT SO????? Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before the next installation attempt. Tip: If no joy, see if you can download the "fullfile" version of the update(s) via http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/ or http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/ and then install it/them manually. ME ME wrote: > I get this error code 646 a...

Upgrading 7.5 to 9.0 on new hardware
I need to find documentation on upgrading 7.5 to 9.0 on new hardware. Is there anything out there? My current environment is eEnterprise 7.5 on SQL 2000 and Windows 2000. I need to upgrade to new hardware running Windows 2003 and SQL 2005. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I suggest you read the upgrade documentation available on the CustomerSource web site. We just perfomed a similar upgrade (v7.0 -> v9) and here are the steps we used. 1. Set up duplicate system on new hardware We cloned the exisiting system on to a new server runinng windows 2003 and SQL server 2000. W...

GP 9 Packager
Has anyone used the GP 9.0 Packager to roll out the application to workstations? I tried using the packager on the cd, but it looks to me that ot will only roll out the basic install. I would like to roll out the install with a third party product (Wennsoft) and the current service pack as well as some vba customizations. Is this possible with CD packager? I have some luck using WinInstall LE to create the msi package, but have not perfected it yet and is taking a lot of time. Just thought I would see if I am missing something easy. Thanks in advance for any replies. Darren ...

Sample DATA for CRM3.0
I am about to load the sample data for CRM3.0 onto my system. We're going to play with that for a few days before we go live with our own system. We only have this one SBS2003 machine to do this on and it APPEARS that the instructions include info on rolling the test data back out after we're done with our sandbox period. However one thing has me concerned and that's licensing. I'd seen other messages regarding difficulty recovering unused licenses when an employee left a company and am concerned if I will have a similar issue, when I remove the sample accounts requi...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

Taxable Payroll Allowances
Anyone have a solution for tracking non-cash taxable payroll allowances (i.e., housing/vehicle)? These show up on my pay stub as income but don't reflect in the net pay. The only solution I've come up with is to create an expense category for the after tax deductions to off-set the income so my net pay comes out right. Thx In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote: >Anyone have a solution for tracking non-cash taxable payroll allowances >(i.e., housing/vehicle)? These show up on my pay stub as income but don't >reflect in the net pay. > >The only solution I'...

Installing VC++ 6.0 on external drive
I'm currently working on an instrumentation application (Visual C++ 6.0) whereby I need to do some debugging on the PC that is connected to the equipment. I'd rather not install the whole VC++ package along with all of my source code on the customer's hard drive. Here's the question(s): Is it possible to install the VC++ 6.0 package on an external hard drive (for example a USB 2.0 hard drive) along with my source code and then simply plug it into the USB port on the customer's computer? If so, what do I need to do to get things set up on the external drive and not corrup...