Payroll Error

My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had
run one earlier in the day and it was fine.  We deleted all the files listed
in the knowledgebase article, and did check links.  She can now build the
batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1
failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error".  I
can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files
and work files of the company database and system.

Any other ideas?  There were none of the temp files found that it says to
delete.

Thanks for any help with this.  She is unable to finish her payroll due to
this.

Tracey D
0
TraceyD (84)

I did a clear data on the payroll check work file and that worked for a
couple of batches, but then we got the error again. It doesn't seem related
to any one employee

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks again for any help with this.

Tracey D

"Tracey D" wrote:

> My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had
> run one earlier in the day and it was fine.  We deleted all the files listed
> in the knowledgebase article, and did check links.  She can now build the
> batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1
> failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error".  I
> can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files
> and work files of the company database and system.
>
> Any other ideas?  There were none of the temp files found that it says to
> delete.
>
> Thanks for any help with this.  She is unable to finish her payroll due to
> this.
>
> Tracey D
0
TraceyD (84)
8/13/2009 11:41:01 PM
Tracey,

What KB articles did you work on? There are two KBs i could find that you
should be looking at. KB851664 and KB859151. The first KB has similar error
listed to your case.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$851664&wa=wsignin1.0

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859151
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Tracey D" wrote:

> I did a clear data on the payroll check work file and that worked for a
> couple of batches, but then we got the error again. It doesn't seem related
> to any one employee
>
> Any idea what could be going on?
>
> Thanks again for any help with this.
>
> Tracey D
>
> "Tracey D" wrote:
>
> > My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had
> > run one earlier in the day and it was fine.  We deleted all the files listed
> > in the knowledgebase article, and did check links.  She can now build the
> > batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1
> > failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error".  I
> > can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files
> > and work files of the company database and system.
> >
> > Any other ideas?  There were none of the temp files found that it says to
> > delete.
> >
> > Thanks for any help with this.  She is unable to finish her payroll due to
> > this.
> >
> > Tracey D
0
janakirammp (688)
8/14/2009 8:19:01 AM
Yes, those are the kb articles I looked at.  As I said, it worked for a
couple of times, then we got the error again.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Tracey,
>
> What KB articles did you work on? There are two KBs i could find that you
> should be looking at. KB851664 and KB859151. The first KB has similar error
> listed to your case.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$851664&wa=wsignin1.0
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;859151
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
>

> "Tracey D" wrote:
>
> > I did a clear data on the payroll check work file and that worked for a
> > couple of batches, but then we got the error again. It doesn't seem related
> > to any one employee
> >
> > Any idea what could be going on?
> >
> > Thanks again for any help with this.
> >
> > Tracey D
> >
> > "Tracey D" wrote:
> >
> > > My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had
> > > run one earlier in the day and it was fine.  We deleted all the files listed
> > > in the knowledgebase article, and did check links.  She can now build the
> > > batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1
> > > failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error".  I
> > > can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files
> > > and work files of the company database and system.
> > >
> > > Any other ideas?  There were none of the temp files found that it says to
> > > delete.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help with this.  She is unable to finish her payroll due to
> > > this.
> > >
> > > Tracey D
0
TraceyD (84)
8/14/2009 2:44:02 PM
Have you looked in other temp folders for the temp files? c:\temp,
windows\temp, etc. Or done a search for files that begin with TNT?
They could be somewhere else.

On Aug 14, 9:44=A0am, Tracey D <Trac...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Yes, those are the kb articles I looked at. =A0As I said, it worked for a
> couple of times, then we got the error again.
>

> "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
> > Tracey,
>
> > What KB articles did you work on? There are two KBs i could find that y=
ou
> > should be looking at. KB851664 and KB859151. The first KB has similar e=
rror
> > listed to your case.
>
> >https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=3Dkb$en-us$.=
>
> >https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;.=
> > --
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> >http://janakirammp.blogspot.com
>
> > "Tracey D" wrote:
>
> > > I did a clear data on the payroll check work file and that worked for=
> > > couple of batches, but then we got the error again. It doesn't seem r=
elated
> > > to any one employee
>
> > > Any idea what could be going on?
>
> > > Thanks again for any help with this.
>
> > > Tracey D

glasseigne (74)
8/14/2009 3:06:30 PM
I will double check, I asked her to do this but I don't know if she did.

Thanks.

"TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:

> Have you looked in other temp folders for the temp files? c:\temp,
> windows\temp, etc. Or done a search for files that begin with TNT?
> They could be somewhere else.
>
> On Aug 14, 9:44 am, Tracey D <Trac...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Yes, those are the kb articles I looked at.  As I said, it worked for a
> > couple of times, then we got the error again.
> >

> > "Janakiram M.P." wrote:
> > > Tracey,
> >
> > > What KB articles did you work on? There are two KBs i could find that you
> > > should be looking at. KB851664 and KB859151. The first KB has similar error
> > > listed to your case.
> >
> > >https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb$en-us$....
> >
> > >https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;....
> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > > Janakiram M.P.
> > > MCP-GP
> > >http://janakirammp.blogspot.com

TraceyD (84)
8/14/2009 3:13:01 PM
Also check that the temp folder exists. From the error, it almost
sounds like the folder does not exist anymore. Maybe rather than
deleting the files, they deleted the folder?

On Aug 14, 10:13=A0am, Tracey D <Trac...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I will double check, I asked her to do this but I don't know if she did.
>
> Thanks.
>

> "TooMuchFun4Me" wrote:
> > Have you looked in other temp folders for the temp files? c:\temp,
> > windows\temp, etc. Or done a search for files that begin with TNT?
> > They could be somewhere else.
>
> > On Aug 14, 9:44 am, Tracey D <Trac...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> > > Yes, those are the kb articles I looked at. =A0As I said, it worked f=
or a
> > > couple of times, then we got the error again.

R Temp Post 1

glasseigne (74)

Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,Exchange SysR
Internal processing error ocurred_restart Exchange System manager,ExchangeInformationStore Service OR Both. I cant't get it to start lox disk space on that partition... ...

cyclic redundancy error #2
I have an outlook.pst file. When I try to start Outlook...and check email I have a cyclic redundancy error. I realize I need to use the inbox repair tool to fix this. But I am trying to make a "backup" copy of the 1.5 Gb outlook.pst file!! When I try to right click and copy it to another folder it says: "cannot copy file: cyclic redundancy error" What can I do? Kevin Nichols kn@stakpr.com Does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319128 OL depending on version can have probs with pst files larger than 1.7gb, on some occassions les...

Run-Time Error '94' Invalid use of Null
Hi all, I use the below code to print Dymo labels, the purpose is to print the number of labels in the textbox TotalParcels.The code works fine on exsting records. When I attempt to print a new record I get Run-Time Error '94' Invalid use of Null The code highlights on this line >> For L = 1 To Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels When I hover the mouse over the L it = 0 Thank you Richard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub Label5_Click() Dim strWhere As String Dim L As Long If Me....

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Errors caused by Incredimail in Outlook
FYI for anyone else running into these errors: Incredimail is an 'enhancement' to Outlook. http://www.incredimail.com/ After some unknown time, a customer starting getting errors from 'send/receive' everytime Outlook went to check for new mail. The error code seems unique and is 0x800CCC97 (along with some associated text). Email seemed to get received and sent ok, even tho the messages occurred all the time. The solution was to DE-install Incredimail. Hope this helps someone else... David Cook wrote: > FYI for anyone else running into these errors: > > Incre...

Integration Error The TTL has expired any clues?????
my orders are not making it to integration in the status description i am getting "the TTL has expired" any clues Is this in the application event log? You could try to increase the time out value by going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMIntegrationServer Look for value "Timeout" Increase the value and see if it fixes the issue. Default is 240 seconds. "Integration Error The TTL has expir" <Integration Error The TTL has expir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95253469-73AB-49D9-B86F-73553212548D@microsoft.com... > ...

DLL
Hi, I am stuck. I tried so many different things to no avial. I am getting linker errors when I try to access methods in the .cpp = file. It works fine if access the method is in the .h file. x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingPenthouse(); //Works because it is a Top = Level class x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingMezzanine(); //Fails. Method in = Mezzanine.cpp file x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingBaseInHeader(); //works. Method in Base.h = file *Note that I am using a nifty way of importing/exporting methods from = the DLL I found on Code Project. The following must be added to the stdafx...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

error message #4
After opening Miscrosoft Publisher in Office 2000, this message appears: "the wizard files were not installed please run setup again to install wizard see help for more information on running setup." How does one do this? Which? How to see Help for more information or how to run the setup again? Assuming it's the latter, put the Office 2000 disk in and run the setup. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "parson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26bc0...

Out of Office Assistant giving error message
When I click on Out of Office Assistant I get the following message: The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension. I checked the support knowledge base and found a suggestion about renaming the resiliency key in the registry but that key was not there. Any other suggestions/resolutions? thanks Do you connect to an Exchange server? If not, there's no Out of Office feature. Joy wrote: > When I click on Out of Office Assistant I get the > following message: > > The command is not available. See the program > documentatio...

Read only error
when I try to open a file I get an error message: The file cannot be accessed. The file may be read only or in a read only location. I have accesed this filein numerous occasions previously and have not had this error message before. That message can mean a corrupt file. Opening it in Excel 2002 (XP) can usually recover the data, though often not the formatting. Tim C "peter" <pmccabe@snider-blake.com> wrote in message news:028f01c36679$d2388020$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when I try to open a file I get an error message: > The file cannot be accessed. The file may be r...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" <1171052160.017239.244810@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>
I have seen some posts in and around which points some issues with Add-Ins. Remove all non native Outlook Add-Ins, restart OL and see if it solves your problem. Goto Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > AddIn Manager and remove all non native AddIns. See if it can help you. Thanks! dgoyani http://dgoyani.blogspot.com/ EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

XslCompiledTransform load compile error
I am moving some code forward from .NET 1.1. I was able to load the XSL file and perform the transform. The MSDN documentation looks like it should be easy. But I get a compile error. Ideas ? How can I share my XSLT ( there are 2 helper stylesheets, and I check that they are also available... the loaded xsl makes reference to the helper xsl files. Where should I start looking ? // Load the stylesheet. errBefore = "xslt.Load(XSLDocPath....);"; xslt.Load(XSLDocPath); // ERROR HERE // Transform the file. errBefore = " xslt.Transform(xmlDocPath....);"; xslt....

How do I fix office 2007 install error 1310?
I ran a microsoft update and my office 2007 program won't open stating there is an error 1310. I tried to use my disk to repair the problem with no luck. Then I tried to uninstall the program and reinstall it. The same error come up during the install error 1310. I think this is an install issue with the program. Any ideas as to how to fix this? I also used a program fix it utilities with no luck. Thanks in advance for your help! Did you try to and re-install a different Trial version of Officer by any chance -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

error msg
Could someone tell me the following-every time I try to print something in my inbox I rec the following error msg MSIMN has caused an error in COMDLG32DLL OE will now shutdown try restarting you computer which I do but the error continues each time.I have IE 6 and OE 6.0 This has only started happening this evening had been working fine until then Thank you Pat NY This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsof...

MSExchangeIS Mailbox: EventID 1025 Errors
I have been getting this error recently in the event log of our Exchange server along with other ones very similar to it: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 5/9/2006 Time: 9:53:10 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)". Function name or description of problem: EcGenerateNRN: Error: 0x80070005 Searching Google and the newsgroups here didn't really point to anything in particular and I was wondering if anybody knew what the ...

Installation Error 01-17-06
The following error message is displayed when running the CRM setup. The server is windows 2003, not acting as anything, on an Domain, usin an Administrator account from Samba. The admin account is part of th Domain Admins group. "You must be a member of the domain Admins group to install Microsof crm.make sure that this computer is joined to the domain and you ar logged on with a domain administrator account" Can anyone help -- TechDa Message posted via http://www.exforsys.com for all your training needs ...

MAPI Error #4
Hello when I try to export a received e-mail I receive the error <Mapi inizialization> Please what can I do to avoid this error ? Thank you very much. Francesco try posting this to the Outlook Express newsgroups. --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Francesco" <depo72@libero.it> wrote in message = news:VGQlh.95198$uv5.1216034@twister1.libero.it... > Hello > when I try to export a received e-mail > I receive the error <M...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Runtime Access app errors on close
Hi - I have an application that uses the Access 2002 Runtime. On two computers at a customer location, the application runs fine, until the user tries to close the app. All forms display, reports run, data can be added and deleted. However, when the user attempts to close the app, they get the standard "Microsoft Access has encountered an error and needs to close", and asking to send a report to Microsoft. All applicable updates have been applied to the computer. The application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and Microsoft Access runtime has been repaired. Still the error...

Connection error?
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windo...

#5.1.6 Error "The message was undeliverable because the recipient when using 'All at HQ' distribution list
Hi, We have found that whenever an email is sent to the distribution list 'all at HQ', an NDR (below) is returned for one of the users. When an email is sent to her directly it is fine however. I looked this error up, and the suggestion was that the user's email address has changed, but this is not the case. This happened previously, and was resolved very easily by just removing the user object from the distribution group and re adding it. I did this again for all the groups, but the error still occurs when a mass mail is sent out. The full error is below: Your message did not ...

11001 error# 0800CCC0D
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CB2289.DD72E6F0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0020_01CB2289.DD733510" ------=_NextPart_001_0020_01CB2289.DD733510 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable see above error number, help ------=_NextPart_001_0020_01CB2289.DD733510 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitiona...