Payroll - Error when importing from Excel

Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import
an excel file for payroll?
"Base paycode can only consist of letters."
0
AdrianeF (2)

Excel with Macro
Hello: Is it possible to execute a macro with command line parameter? Thanks! Hi Alan you can put Workbook_Open code against the ThisWorkbook module (right mouse click on a sheet tab, choose view code ... look for the workbook name in bold on top left - choose view / project explorer if you can't see it... under the workbook name you'll see ThisWorkbook - double click on it ... on drop down on left hand side of white paper on right hand side of screen choose Workbook .. ) which will fire when the workbook opens (as long as macros are enabled or security set to low (not rec...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Standard color in excell 2007
Hi.. I tried to reset the standard color in Excell 2007. When using Excell 2003, I usually find it in tools>options>color>reset in excell 2003. How do I do it in excell 2007? I could not find the excell option to reset the standard colors Thanks very much Colors are not limited in 2007 like they were in 2003, so we no longer have the option to edit or reset colors. If you are displaying different colors in the Fill list then you were originally, it's probably because the theme has been changed. Click the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon. In the Themes group, click the C...

How to import resource from one project to an other?
Hello, I need to import resource to a new project from an old project. How can this be done ? Many thanks in advance. JB Simply open old resource file in the new project and drag/drop resources you need into resource view of your new project. Make sure after that resource IDs are not duplicated. "Bredal Jensen" wrote: > > Hello, > I need to import resource to a new project from an old project. > How can this be done ? > > Many thanks in advance. > > JB > > > > > Many thanks in advance. > > > > JB > > > > ...

Excel 2003
Further to the answer below, I need the following in one formula! Thank you for looking. If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Mon or Tue or Wed or Thur or Fri then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£17.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sat then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£20.00) into F1(£Total) but If Cell A1(Text) = X or Y or Z and Cell B1 is Sun then multiply Cell C1(Number) with (£25.00) into F1(£Total) but if Cell A1 = V and Cell H1 is between time (0001-0700) then multiply C1 with (£15.0...

Outlook has stopped importing my hotmail
Hi All, I set up my Outlook to use my Hotmail address last week and it had been working fine. I became suspicious that my messages werent being imported so signed in to my hotmail through the msn homepage and sure enough, none of the messages received this week import when I open outlook. Is this a common problem and how do I rectify it to get outlook to import properly again? Cheers "frags" <frags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D14ADE39-F282-4314-B730-FB3BD2D265D3@microsoft.com... > I set up my Outlook to use my Hotmail address last week and it ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Excel wont load
I just put Office 2002 back on my system, and all the apps load, but excel. I tried loading it, then it wants to try in safe mode, then detect / repair mode, but it doesnt load. I tried a complete reinstall, no go. I am running winxp, and read microsofts website on trouble shooting. Nothing has worked, I deleted temp files, tried to load it in windows xp safe mode, nothing works. Any ideas please? Help On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:32:54 -0400, BoDEAN <jbo@aol.com> wrote: >I just put Office 2002 back on my system, and all the apps load, but >excel. I tried loading it, then it want...

Stop Recording ToolBar dissappeared in my Excel WorkSheet?
I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help me restore this option again? Regards Select Tools-Customize-Toolbar tab - Click 'Reset' and 'Ok' "Aamir" wrote: > I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative > Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help > me restore this option again? > Regards Once you click record macro, click right button on the tool bar, select 'Stop reco...

Excel Links #4
I have an Excel WorkBook called EOH.xls that asks if I want to Update the Links upon its opening. I am opening this WorkBook through a VB application that I wrote but cannot figure out how to open the WorkBook while automatcially choosing 'NO' to Update the Links message. I can write code in another Excel WorkBook to open the EOH.xls WorkBook or by turning off the 'Ask to update links', but I would like to programmatically do so in my existing VB application. Is this possible and if so, how? Any suggestions? see one guess to your first post. Riggs wrote: > &...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

Sorting across columns in Excel 2003
I'm using Office 2003 and the Excel module. I have a spreadsheet with 3 columns. Columns A and C include names and phone number of people. Column B is just a blank divider. If I have the sheet alphabetized, with 10 names and numbers in column A and 10 in column B, I occasionally will go to the sheet and add someone else's name. I add it either at the bottom of column A or C. I then highlight A and C and ask to have it sorted alphbetically. Can't do it!! Only thing I've been able to do is "cut" the 10 names from column C and paste them under the 10 names in col...

How to insert a 2 minute countdown clock in excel test?
Hiya, i am using 2003 and am after a timer that scrolls on screen and hopefully would be able to lock down the test afterwards. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks Luke Hi, take a look here http://vb.mvps.org/samples/TimerObj/ if this helps please click yes thanks "Flying Moth" wrote: > Hiya, i am using 2003 and am after a timer that scrolls on screen and > hopefully would be able to lock down the test afterwards. Does anyone know if > this is possible? > Thanks > Luke ...

Adding gifs to excel
Hello all excel mates Id like to know if its possible to add gifs to excel, when i add them as a image the gif is show with out motion. I do not want to save the file as html because then i can not search the whole document / sheets for a single word as when i search for a word on an excel file and not html i can select the search in work book from the advanced options. Please help. -- rmetanes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rmetanes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28615 View this thread: http://www....

Question mark on Excel 2008 in Dock
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a &quot;question mark&quot; when I try to open Excel 2008 for Mac. Checked forlder. Excel appears to be &quot;missing&quot; for no apparent reason. PPT, Word etc still in applications folder. Tried to re-install but received error message &quot;newer version already installed&quot;. Use Spotlight to Find it. You are looking for the file name "Microsoft Excel.app" Umm... Assuming it's not in the trash? You have checked? Cheers On 21/05/10 12:17 AM, in art...

excel data gathering
I have a spreadsheet that has columns for tracking information. I am trying to track spending for the week. When the weekending date is input. I need to pull from 3 columns. Date, code, and amount based on the previous 7 days of the week ending date. I have racked my brain trying to come up with a way to do this. email me if you need more information. Thanks in advance for your help... ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** To summarize your data, and show the total for each week, you could use a ...

How do I create a list of sequential numbers using Excel or Acces.
I am trying to generate a list of numbers, incrementally increased to my specifications. I absolutely hate the idea of having to do these myself....is there a way to have Excel or Access generate this list for me? There are all kinds of ways of doing this, but what are your specifications, and restrictions. Increment by one insert a 1 into cell A1 or a formula =ROW() into cell A1 place 1 into cell A1, drag down with right mouse button, fill series place =ROW() * 5 - 1 into cell A1 drag down with mouse, or drag down with right mouse button, fill values (still be for...

Can PST file be import with OE V6?
I'm trying to import file from OUTLOOK 2000 (*.PST) into my new laptop with Outlook Express (V6). But whenever I choose OUTLOOK for import I get an error messages "Cannot import messages from MAPI client". This is even before I need to tell OE what&where the file is located. Does anybody know how I can import *.PST file into OE V6? Thanks, I no longer have the Outlook programe disk anymore (only *.PST file backup). Are there any other solution than to install Outlook to this new laptop? :) If not I guess I'll just have to buy Outlook again just to fix it :(...

Excel data from spreadsheet to database
Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank you, Ricki See reply at your other posting. Not necessary to multi-post. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:36:34 -0500, "Ricki Miles" <rickimiles@shaw.ca> wrote: >Can anyone please direct me to an article that has instructions on how to >gather data from an Excel 2003 spreadsheet into a separate database? Thank >you, > >Ricki > ...

In Excel, how do you make one whole sheet equal to another.
I have a work book with many sheets which represent separate projects. The first sheet of the work book is a summary by project for each of the projects. In the accounting work book I have a project ledger sheet and would like to make the one sheet in the accounting book equal to the entire sheet in the projects work book. That way if I make a change to a project sheet it will go all the way up to the first sheet in the projects workbook and then to the accounting work book sheet "projects ledger" and from that ledger it will flow into all the rest of the accounting sheets in ...

Unable to import to journal folders
I am trying to create through importing about 150 journal notes that are in an excel file (one row for each note). Outlook will not let me import from this file or any other one into a journal folder. Anyone know why this is the case? Thanks, Rick ...

Importing object with transparent backgrounds
In PP 2003 i could import objects from corel draw, microsoft photo editor (with transparent back grounds) into slide and the backround would be transparent. If I do the same with pp2007 the tranparent the background is white. If i save the object to file and then use object insert it works but it is a pain. Why and what was changed Not sure why the difference but have you tried saving the object as a PNG file with transparency and then import the PNG into PPT? This feature was dropped in the 2007 version. Bummer. There are a couple of "add-in's", but I haven'...

Importing MFC resources
Hi, I have a very large project that consists of several MFC applications, all created with VS 7.1. What I'd like to do now is create MFC resources that can be shared among these different applications. For example, I'd like to create a dialog resource, along with the code to handle that dialog's controls, and then bundle it up for use by all the other applications. I've tried a few things with very little success. I seem to always end up with resource ID conflicts when I import a resource into another project. I can manually patch this up in the resource.h file, b...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Budget wizard for Excel
Tried this post before but got nowhere so am trying again. When importing a budget, whether full or only a few accounts, the Excel process stays open when it should not. The problem manifests itself through two Excel warnings. First after "Select the Excel file" which says "Do you want to save the changes you made to (filename>". The second after hitting Finish, which reads "<filename> is already open. Reopening will cause changes you made to be discarded. Do you want to reopen <filename>". I always start with Excel closed and if I don't ...