Payroll Deductions Missing

Hello,
Our payroll department ran salaried payroll last week and forgot to include
several  deductions in the payroll build.  She processed payroll, issued
checks and ran the direct deposit.  Today she found out she was missing all
these deductions and called me for help.

I figured out WHY these weren't included in the payroll computer checks
build (she didn't include them in "Include Deductions" window on Build
Checks).  However, we need to catch up these deductions and have the
employees pay twice the amount next month.

What are your suggestions for fixing the deductions next month?  I was
thinking of doubling each deduction for each person (there are only 8 people
affected and 5 deduction codes - not all employees are affected by all
deductions).  And then we'd have to change them back after we processed next
month's payroll.

Is there any easier or better way to do this?  I feel like I might be
missing a step or not seeing a potential ramification.

Thanks for any help.

Julie
0
Julie (122)

I don't think any way is going to be "easy." An option would be to create
another deduction to capture the add-on amount. After payroll is posted, you
could adjust out the amount of this deduction and adjust in the amount of the
deduction into the correct deduction. Lots of manual work there.

Another option would be to store the correct amount per pay period, assuming
flat amount deductions, in a table. Update the existing deductions to have
the double amount. After payroll is posted, use Access or some application to
update the deduction period amounts from the table.

"Julie" wrote:

> Hello,
> Our payroll department ran salaried payroll last week and forgot to include
> several  deductions in the payroll build.  She processed payroll, issued
> checks and ran the direct deposit.  Today she found out she was missing all
> these deductions and called me for help.
>
> I figured out WHY these weren't included in the payroll computer checks
> build (she didn't include them in "Include Deductions" window on Build
> Checks).  However, we need to catch up these deductions and have the
> employees pay twice the amount next month.
>
> What are your suggestions for fixing the deductions next month?  I was
> thinking of doubling each deduction for each person (there are only 8 people
> affected and 5 deduction codes - not all employees are affected by all
> deductions).  And then we'd have to change them back after we processed next
> month's payroll.
>
> Is there any easier or better way to do this?  I feel like I might be
> missing a step or not seeing a potential ramification.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Julie
0
CharlesAllen (483)

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Menus, Toolbars and Keyboard shorts missing or diabled
Hi all: I have lost my menu bar, all toolbars (it is not set to full screen) and keyboard shortcuts (Alt+T, O for example) dont work. Help, please. Dudley Is it ok to trash any customizations you've made to the toolbar? If yes: close excel windows start button|Find/seach to look for *.xlb Rename it/them to *.xlbOLD (just in case) restart excel. If it worked, delete those *.xlbOLD files and rebuild your toolbars from scratch. Dudley Wright wrote: > > Hi all: > > I have lost my menu bar, all toolbars (it is not set to full screen) > and keyboard shortcuts (Alt+T, O for...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

missing NEWS button #2
In Outlook 2003, I want to add the NEWS button from the commands bar GO and then NEWS. I can not find it. It is not a choice in the add/command box. (where it should be,so you can add it) Any suggestions is appreciated. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outloo...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

mail missing after name change
We used exmerge to migrate mailboxes from one exchange server to another. At some point one of our admins noticed a users name was spelled wrong and changed the spelling. nNow our user can only see mail from the point that the name was updated. We still have the .pst files from exmerge. What is the best way to reimport the data and combine both the old and new mail (details)? Thanks Using Outlook MAPI logon to New mail account,and import old mail from PST file�I -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Attila" <Attila@discussions.microsoft.com> ���g��l��s�D :66CABFED-E284-4141-A68E-6444DCB...

Missing Command Buttons
For some reason on one machine the VBA Command Buttons that are embedded on some sheets will not appear but the built in forms buttons for Excel will appear. Any ideas? Thanks, Excel uses the windows temp folder to hold lots of stuff. The first thing I'd try is cleaning up that temp folder. When you're not installing/deinstalling anything: (close excel, too) Windows start button|Run %temp% delete all the junk you see. (It's all junk to me. If some windows program used %temp%, then I figure it knows that it's just for temporary files.) John wrote: > > For so...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

taxcdn.tbl is missing or corrupt
I have just recently installed ms money 05 and cannot get past the set-up. when I go to sign into my .net passport or just to enter a password I get an error that says "one of microsoft money's components (taxcdn.tbl) is missing or corrupt. You should reinstall money to correct this" Click ok and it closes. I have searched for the file and it is in fact missing. I have uninstalled and re-installed only to get the exact same error message. Any suggestions? Thanks Hi, You may have selected a canadian language (French or English) in the Control panel's regional settings...

Import/Export is missing
And if I read the help it says that there could be a missmatch between regional settings and Outlook UI.. but how do I know what to match? /Joakim ...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Messages older than a week missing in my Inbox
I'm very, very new to using MSOutlook. I've been receiving messages and now messages older than "last week" are missing? I didn't archive them, I didn't delete them. They are just missing, Unfortunately, these are very, very important messages. Where are they? How can I find them? What do I do? -- Scott Check your "View" Settings to ensure it is not set to "Last Seven Days." How to do this may depend on your OUtlook version which you did not mention. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the ...

Infobar is missing!
My Infobar has gone missing for HTML mail. I no longer have any option to download content (safe or otherwise). Does anyone know how to bring it back? thanks! adam Turns out this is only happening in the inbox. All other folders work fine. "MS" <test@test.com> wrote in message news:eaQ2VNj9DHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My Infobar has gone missing for HTML mail. I no longer have any option to > download content (safe or otherwise). Does anyone know how to bring it > back? > > thanks! > adam > > ...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Box 85(T4) available for deduction paycode
Actually, the T4 Box 85 is available only in the Benefit paycode. The other reason for the use of this box is the availability on the box in the deduction paycode. The portion of the employment insurance paid by the employee can put on the T4 in the Box 85. You don't have this option now in Canadian Payroll. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

Missing Results in Advanced Find: Calendar
When searching for appointments using advanced find, not all results appear. I'm using Outlook 2002. Is there a fix for this that Office Update does not provide? Thanks for all help!! what items are missing? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ V...

Canadian Payroll and US Payroll Together
Is it possible to run Canadian and US payroll in the same instance of Great Plains? ...

Payroll needs an advanced gross up calculator
Payroll needs a more advanced gross up calculator that can be used per employee and that you can use during the payrun to recalculate on the fly before printing the checks. I want to be able to enter the employee ID, enter the net amount, and adjust taxes/deductions as necessary before printing. Many other products such as Abra, Ceridian, Quickbooks and Kronos offer this functionality. It is essential that payroll offer this flexibility as well. You might want to think about entering a suggestion in the product suggestions area of CustomerSource/PartnerSource. It makes the suggestion...

Upgrading to GP2010 with payroll
Has anyone that uses payroll upgraded to GP2010 yet? We use the advance payroll (arrears and payroll to AP integration). Has anyone had trouble with this upgrade? We would like to upgrade ASAP, but may wait till SP1 is released if there are issues with payroll. PS: Is the "notify me of replies working"? ...

Media Player 12 Enhancements Are Missing
Hello. I noticed that on MP12 there were no enhancements. Checked on the web and found a lot of answers that said to go to menu, then skin, and there would be an enhancements option that would have the equalizer, balance control, etc. I noticed that I did not have that option, so i went to skin and changed it to REVERT, which brought up an itty bitty screen, but it did have a graphic equalizer on it. The equalizer worked, but the balance controls did not. I have been looking for hours for an answer to this riddle. Where did the enhancements go? And on a higher level, did M...

HR Benefit Deductions Summary
Hello: I'd like to modify the HR Employee Benefit Deductions Summary window to not pull in any inactive benefit or deductions codes. Can I simply do this in VBA or is there something "bigger" that I need? Thanks! childofthe1980s I think you would need to build a new window using Dexterity or the upcoming toolkit. I don't see how VBA could prevent the data from being displayed. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I'd like to modify the HR Employee Benefit Deductions Summary window to not > pull in any inactive ben...