Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed

I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s.  Now,
they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on
12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into
2009 for wage reporting purposes.

My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last
payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this
once the payroll year has been closed.

Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it
corrected?

Thx,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com
0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Hi Frank,
1.  Hmmm, either edit all the W2s in the Edit W2s Information window then
run the the payroll again in 2009 as of 1/02/2009
2.  OR Remove the YE Wage file using that PR Utility then void the check
run...then rerun it  to post on 1/02.2009.  Be sure to not all edits made to
W2s before running the YEC.
then rerun your 2008 PR YEC.

The above 2 are your possible options.  #2 seems better.

Hope that helps

AE
"Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:

> I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s.  Now,
> they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on
> 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into
> 2009 for wage reporting purposes.
>
> My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last
> payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this
> once the payroll year has been closed.
>
> Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it
> corrected?
>
> Thx,
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamics
> www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
AdamEckroth (110)
2/11/2009 3:29:01 PM
If you use option2, you may need to have the correct tax tables when you
create the year-end file. Luckily, you can download this from customer
source. I'm not sure how this information is used and whether it is
absolutely necessary, but it is not that hard to switch back to the 2008
rates, void the checks, create year end-file, switch to 2009 rates and run
payroll in 2009.

However, since it appears you distributed the checks already. You will need
to re-run the payroll with the 2008 rates and then update to 2009 rates.

"Adam Eckroth" wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> 1.  Hmmm, either edit all the W2s in the Edit W2s Information window then
> run the the payroll again in 2009 as of 1/02/2009
> 2.  OR Remove the YE Wage file using that PR Utility then void the check
> run...then rerun it  to post on 1/02.2009.  Be sure to not all edits made to
> W2s before running the YEC.
> then rerun your 2008 PR YEC.
>
> The above 2 are your possible options.  #2 seems better.
>
> Hope that helps
>
> AE
> "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote:
>
> > I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s.  Now,
> > they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on
> > 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into
> > 2009 for wage reporting purposes.
> >
> > My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last
> > payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this
> > once the payroll year has been closed.
> >
> > Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it
> > corrected?
> >
> > Thx,
> >
> > Frank Hamelly
> > MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> > East Coast Dynamics
> > www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
> > blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
BobHarrison (192)

how do I set dates every 3 cell for whole year in excel
I would like to know how to put a date in this format 01/01/01 on A1 and I would like excel to to change the date on A3 to 01/02/01 and so on and so forth. how do I do it. for a whole year or two. Enter 01/01/01 Into A1 And 01/02/01 Into A3 You could custom format those 2 cells to display exactly what you wish. Then, select A1 to A4. Click on the fill handle of that 4 cell selection, and copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

Take a look at this correction pack from the M$ Corp.
--yvnhvqwwct Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wflbtuxpys"; type="multipart/alternative" --wflbtuxpys Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uarimijvlybtyfg" --uarimijvlybtyfg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, th...

Sorted ListCtrl does not display Values correctly.txt
I have a dialog which contains a tree & list Control. On clicking, of tree item, the list ctrl list changes. The list ctrl has 2 fields(Name & Value) & is of 'Report' Type. The list ctrl data is filled from Objects of a class CMyCLass which consists of Members -Name & Value Everything worked fine, but when i changed the List Ctrl with 'Sort Ascending' property checked, then the value displayed against the NAME is incorrect. If this 'Sort Ascending' Property is not set in RC , then, the behavior is correct. Can anyone tell me what the reason can be Thanks...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Exchange 2003 Not Reporting Correct Disk Space
I have a Exchange 2003 Server with a raid 5 136 gb total drive space. This is MY E:\ Drive and only has the exhange database files. My Priv1.edb file is taken 45 GB. The online defrag reports that it will free up 22 GB. The pub1.edb is 5 GB. If I get the Properties of the Directory where these fdatabase files are located it tells me it is 50 gb. So 136 total size - 50 Used should = 86 free. However I only have 26 GB free. Nothing is in the recycle bin and I do not have Volume Shadow Copy turned on. Why is it not reporting correctly? How do I Fix ? I know I am going to have to d...

How do I get special symbols for correct sign?

See this correction update
--vaojkjujptsyliwgc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yftdmqgqhj"; type="multipart/alternative" --yftdmqgqhj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ylngndnon" --ylngndnon Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help p...

how can i change year on event planner template
I have a really good template from MS called Event Schedule Planner 2009 but want to change it to 2010. When I change the year on the heading, the 12 month calendar below doesn't change . How can I change that, other than importing a calendar? The problem is that the project phases won't work (I think) if I insert a 2010 calendar. Will the dates I choose automatically change with the new calendar I insert? The planner template is but a basic document template. It is not macro driven and it could be a bit of a pain to make it so. There is no correlation between the dates...

Closed Investment Problem
One of my closed investments still appeats on my Money Home Page Investment Summary. All the other investments appearing in the summary are open, except this one. I checked the investment transactions for this investment and they are all correct, resulting in a zero share balance. Help!! How can I get rid of this appearing in the investment summary without deleting all the investment's data? Thanks! http://www.umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=98 might give you a solution to this. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Look at the corrective package for Windows
--ubbkrcyjejobmrvf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tdycdogyhcjarny"; type="multipart/alternative" --tdycdogyhcjarny Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="moosycblfocgztsij" --moosycblfocgztsij Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabiliti...

IM and GP close on Payables Integration
GP10 (Ver 10.00.1193) and Integration Manager both close after executing integration that has destination of Payables Transaction. It will run for a few minutes then close and no error messages. FYI, I can successfully run an integration that has destination as general journal. I login to GP thru Citrix. Check the event logs on the citrix server. I've seen this once before, and the event log error related to .Net Runtime 2.0. Sorry, I can't remember what resolved it - I think it may have been a repair install of .Net Framework. "Bruce" wrote: > GP10 (Ver 10.00...

Need help with "Year-to-Date" Report -MONEY 2000 #2
Hello! Using MS MONEY 2000, I finished entering all my data for January 2006 , and I ARCHIVED JAN 06,. I then started on February 06. But my check register still shows all of January's activity; is that the way it supposed to be? Couldn't I start a fresh Check Register for February 06? Also, I would like a 'Report' to show: a January column, a February column, and finally a YEAR TO DATE column.....showing the accumulated totals for the two months, a month later, three months and eventually 12 months, etc. Is that possible? I sure would be happy if I could have it tha...

Mailbox closed.
My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit & got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST file. Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly. A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox. Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while (perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does this actually work? Please advise. Thanks. On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:51:08 -0700, TonyV <Tony...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

two arrays correction
Hi, Sorry the frist one fell apart when it sent. I am trying again. In col A througn F there are numbers about 150 rows down. In G1 through L1 there are numbers and these will change from time to time. G2 through L2 and down I want a formula that will find the numbers that are in A through F and put YES in the corresponding cell under G to L. So any cell in A:F that has one of the numbers in G:L the formula will put yes in the corresponding cell under G:L if the numbers is in G1:L1. A B C D E F G H I J 2 8 11 50 4...

Commission rates based on rolling years
Hi, I need to create a query that will calculate commissions for a sales rep. There are transaction tables where I can calculate sales and also the start date of a client which is a key field for determining the pay rate. We have a sales rep that started on 1/1/07 and inherited accounts. All inherited accounts (those with start dates before 1/1/07) are called Existing Clients and are paid at 8 %. She has been paid a commission rate of 14 % for all new clients that she has signed up for this year (those with start dates between 1/1/07 and 12/31/07). I have been able to calculate t...

How do you get Publisher to print transparent areas correctly?
I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there any way around this problem? Thanks so much! Your printer prints white? "Dan Pongett" <Dan Pongett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0012ADFF-BF2C-4AFA-A568-64F9C505AD4B@microsoft.com... |I have boxes with a gradient that goes from one color to transparent. When I | print on my desktop printer, the transparent areas print as white. Is there | any way around this problem? | | Thanks so much! The pape...

Closed Projects
I do not want closed projects to display in the list of project in the Project Maintenance window. I have looked and cannot find a setting that would eliminate these projects. Does anyone have VBA code that will eliminate these projects from the lookup window. I also need the same thing for closed contracts. Thanks, Amy Hi Amy-- Have you tried making "Do Not Show" for the closed contract status under Tools>>Setup>>Project>>Project>>Status? Take care, Christina The 'do not show' only work for transactions. I do not want to see them when I ...

Will 'Tasks' Run if Outtlook is Closed ???
Recently...my company decided they wanted to catch a time bandit by requiring everybody to punch in & out...even salaried employees such as myself. Trouble is...after several years on the job...NONE of our employees can ever remember to do so (myself included...big time.) So I set myself a reminder 'Task' in Outlook (2003); & it gongs at me now 5 minutes before I have to punch in the morning; & in & out for lunch. I'm happy But I'm wondering...I don't really want Outlook to run in the background all day long...& was hoping the Task would still gong a...

Auto Correct
I am using Word 2007. Whenever I type HTE, the auto correct feature changes it into The. But I want to retain what I type (HTE) without peremanetly removing it from auto correct options. How do I do it? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. -RM Press CTRL+Z immediately after it makes the change to revert to what you typed, or delete the autocorrect entry. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web...

site to site free/busy data not replicating correctly
We have two Exchange 5.5 servers. A and B connected through a 256k frame line. Site A can see free/busy information for both sites. B can only see free/busy information on it's site, and not A. Server A crashed. Free/Busy information was working before the crash. OS was reinstall as well as Exchange services. We recreated the replication connectors from A during the reinstall. Now, site A has two Free/busy folder and site B has only one. Affinity is set for both servers. Now, Site A has two free/busy folders, one for local site, and one for remote, and site B has only it's own free/bu...

2007 default year instead of 2006
In past versions of MS Money, typing 11/10 as the date became 11/10/2006 when I navigated to the next entry, as it should, using the default current year of 2006. Since I installed Money 2006, the date instead becomes 11/10/2007, even though my system year is 2006 and all other programs recognize the current year as 2006. It's a pain to have to type 11/10/6 to get the right date. I've checked every Money option and searched online, but I've not found the right option or anybody else reporting this problem. Any ideas as to what I need to do to fix this in Money? Double check...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Watch this corrective update that came from Microsoft Corporation
--onkdsuysvvng Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfbhdbklwehwbiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfbhdbklwehwbiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ampkwllbdcvecaddz" --ampkwllbdcvecaddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...