Payroll Connect

What exactly is Payroll Connect?  I have tried several ways to search for
information about in on CustomerSource with no luck (the search engine is
really awful ... but I digress).  We are using ADP for payroll and they
basically suck when it comes to getting data from them to import into Great
Plains.  We need to bring in detail GL (including PTO balances for
liability), check information for banking and eventually expense information
for AP.  I thought, perhaps, that Payroll Connect might hold some hope.

Use the below link to get information about payroll connect; it will be under
the financials heading.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/gp_userguides.htm?printpage=false#Top

Good luck, rc

"DynamicsDiva" wrote:

> What exactly is Payroll Connect?  I have tried several ways to search for
> information about in on CustomerSource with no luck (the search engine is
> really awful ... but I digress).  We are using ADP for payroll and they
> basically suck when it comes to getting data from them to import into Great
> Plains.  We need to bring in detail GL (including PTO balances for
> liability), check information for banking and eventually expense information
> for AP.  I thought, perhaps, that Payroll Connect might hold some hope.

0
RC (240)
1/3/2008 10:19:03 PM
Thanks!  That helps quite a bit.  We're on version 8 getting ready to go to
version 10 and I didn't think to look at version 9 info.  Question:  What
does this do that you can't do yourself with Integration Manager by loading
the same file to the GL?

"rc" wrote:

> Use the below link to get information about payroll connect; it will be under
> the financials heading.
>
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/gp_userguides.htm?printpage=false#Top
>
> Good luck, rc
>
> "DynamicsDiva" wrote:
>
> > What exactly is Payroll Connect?  I have tried several ways to search for
> > information about in on CustomerSource with no luck (the search engine is
> > really awful ... but I digress).  We are using ADP for payroll and they
> > basically suck when it comes to getting data from them to import into Great
> > Plains.  We need to bring in detail GL (including PTO balances for
> > liability), check information for banking and eventually expense information
> > for AP.  I thought, perhaps, that Payroll Connect might hold some hope.

We also use ADP for our payrolls and we use Integration Manager to import the
information from ADP into Great Plains.  It was an easy integration to write.

The only reason I would use Payroll Connect is if we didn't have Integration
Manager.

The biggest challenge is in providing the general ledger codes for the ADP
GLI (general ledger interface) file.- You will need to provide G/L codes for
every earnings, deduction, and tax for each  department.  ADP should be able
to provide help in doing this.

"DynamicsDiva" wrote:

> Thanks!  That helps quite a bit.  We're on version 8 getting ready to go to
> version 10 and I didn't think to look at version 9 info.  Question:  What
> does this do that you can't do yourself with Integration Manager by loading
> the same file to the GL?
>
> "rc" wrote:
>
> > Use the below link to get information about payroll connect; it will be under
> > the financials heading.
> >
> > https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/gp_userguides.htm?printpage=false#Top
> >
> > Good luck, rc
> >
> > "DynamicsDiva" wrote:
> >
> > > What exactly is Payroll Connect?  I have tried several ways to search for
> > > information about in on CustomerSource with no luck (the search engine is
> > > really awful ... but I digress).  We are using ADP for payroll and they
> > > basically suck when it comes to getting data from them to import into Great
> > > Plains.  We need to bring in detail GL (including PTO balances for
> > > liability), check information for banking and eventually expense information
> > > for AP.  I thought, perhaps, that Payroll Connect might hold some hope.

0
Don4849 (203)
1/4/2008 1:19:00 AM
I agree, we used Integration Manager to import from ADP. You get more
bang for the buck than with just payroll connect. Also, we finally got
tired of ADP not getting our GL changes right (we had 2 companies and
ADP kept mixing up the GL accounts between them.) We simply wrote a
set of vlookups in Excel to create the GL accounts in Excel using the
department and description prior to importing.

Mark

On Jan 3, 8:19 pm, Don <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We also use ADP for our payrolls and we use Integration Manager to import the
> information from ADP into Great Plains.  It was an easy integration to write.
>
> The only reason I would use Payroll Connect is if we didn't have Integration
> Manager.
>
> The biggest challenge is in providing the general ledger codes for the ADP
> GLI (general ledger interface) file.- You will need to provide G/L codes for
> every earnings, deduction, and tax for each  department.  ADP should be able
> to provide help in doing this."DynamicsDiva" wrote:
> > Thanks!  That helps quite a bit.  We're on version 8 getting ready to go to
> > version 10 and I didn't think to look at version 9 info.  Question:  What
> > does this do that you can't do yourself with Integration Manager by loading
> > the same file to the GL?
>
> > "rc" wrote:
>
> > > Use the below link to get information about payroll connect; it will be under
> > > the financials heading.
>
> > >https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/usergu...
>
> > > Good luck, rc

0
mpolino (496)
1/4/2008 3:29:50 AM
Thanks ... that all is helpful.  I am also wanting to import check
information into Banking.  Since we are using ADP for employee expenses,
eventually, I want expensese to go through AP as a paid voucher, but figure I
need to use eConnect (I have lots more experience with that).  The biggest
problem I see is ADP.  I asked the ADP GLI lady if they provided XML docs and
she thought that was an application ... had no clue what XML was.  Also said
they had no IT support.  Sounds like a challenge!

"Mark Polino [MVP] (DynamicAccounting.net" wrote:

> I agree, we used Integration Manager to import from ADP. You get more
> bang for the buck than with just payroll connect. Also, we finally got
> tired of ADP not getting our GL changes right (we had 2 companies and
> ADP kept mixing up the GL accounts between them.) We simply wrote a
> set of vlookups in Excel to create the GL accounts in Excel using the
> department and description prior to importing.
>
> Mark
>

> On Jan 3, 8:19 pm, Don <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > We also use ADP for our payrolls and we use Integration Manager to import the
> > information from ADP into Great Plains.  It was an easy integration to write.
> >
> > The only reason I would use Payroll Connect is if we didn't have Integration
> > Manager.
> >
> > The biggest challenge is in providing the general ledger codes for the ADP
> > GLI (general ledger interface) file.- You will need to provide G/L codes for
> > every earnings, deduction, and tax for each  department.  ADP should be able
> > to provide help in doing this."DynamicsDiva" wrote:
> > > Thanks!  That helps quite a bit.  We're on version 8 getting ready to go to
> > > version 10 and I didn't think to look at version 9 info.  Question:  What
> > > does this do that you can't do yourself with Integration Manager by loading
> > > the same file to the GL?

Did you end up using econnect for your banking integration?  Can we use
econnect for the ADP integration to the GL?  The client does not have IM or
payroll connect but do have econnect.

Thanks,

--
MP

"DynamicsDiva" wrote:

> Thanks ... that all is helpful.  I am also wanting to import check
> information into Banking.  Since we are using ADP for employee expenses,
> eventually, I want expensese to go through AP as a paid voucher, but figure I
> need to use eConnect (I have lots more experience with that).  The biggest
> problem I see is ADP.  I asked the ADP GLI lady if they provided XML docs and
> she thought that was an application ... had no clue what XML was.  Also said
> they had no IT support.  Sounds like a challenge!
>
> "Mark Polino [MVP] (DynamicAccounting.net" wrote:
>
> > I agree, we used Integration Manager to import from ADP. You get more
> > bang for the buck than with just payroll connect. Also, we finally got
> > tired of ADP not getting our GL changes right (we had 2 companies and
> > ADP kept mixing up the GL accounts between them.) We simply wrote a
> > set of vlookups in Excel to create the GL accounts in Excel using the
> > department and description prior to importing.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > On Jan 3, 8:19 pm, Don <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > We also use ADP for our payrolls and we use Integration Manager to import the
> > > information from ADP into Great Plains.  It was an easy integration to write.
> > >
> > > The only reason I would use Payroll Connect is if we didn't have Integration
> > > Manager.
> > >
> > > The biggest challenge is in providing the general ledger codes for the ADP
> > > GLI (general ledger interface) file.- You will need to provide G/L codes for
> > > every earnings, deduction, and tax for each  department.  ADP should be able

0
MP (49)

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.
I created an application where I use the webservices to issue API calls. The first call I issue is the BizUser.WhoAmI. On my test server I installed CRM to localhost:5555 and then added the reference to the webservice. When I went to a customer site who didn't install it at localhost:5555, I get this error. How do I add the reference to my compiled code such that it can find the new address for the webservices? Thanks ...

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Can't connect to Exchange using Outlook PC client
HI, I am suddenly having a problem connecting to my exchange server using the Outlook pc client. I keep getting a message saying "Incorrect Logon Information", even though I am sure it is correct. If I use Outlook Web Access, and the same details it is fine. I can mapp a drive also using the same credentials. Can somebody help? Regards, Imran Shah Outlook, Exchange,OE=20 Its more than just a sign on issue...its a passport validation issue = with msn.com accounts(includes both legacy pop3 spa accounts and Msn = Explorer/8 based accounts) Hotmail.com accounts appear to sti...

Connect to Access Database
I am wondering if it is possibe to create a template for OneNote that would then connect to an access database to pull data for the form and submit data back to the database? I would like to be able to pull and submit but also save off what the person writes in OneNote. Is this possible? Dale wrote: >I am wondering if it is possibe to create a template for OneNote that > would then connect to an access database to pull data for the form > and submit data back to the database? I would like to be able to pull > and submit but also save off what the person writes in OneNot...

connect to other calendar; peer to peer network
Is there any way to connect to a calendar on another computer on a peer to peer network? With- or without exchange server? Extra Question: is it possible to download a calendar from a network computer to a laptop (one way) or even better synchronizing them? network peer to peer; windows XP OS outlook 2000 (what if same situation with 2003) Philip Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

Unable to connect to SMTP server for outgoing emails
I have WLM installed on my laptop with Win 7 and have 3 email accounts that I use 1 n earthlink and 2 on my local ISP. I receive email from all 3 (using POP3) but am unable to connect to the SMTP servers to send on any of the accounts. I get the following error: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'smtp.skyvalleynetwork.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 10060 Only the server will be different for my earthlink account. Any idea what is wrong. I have verified the...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

there was a problem connecting to the database engine.
I have winXp with small bus 2003, whenever I fire up outlook I receive "there was a problem connecting to the database engine." I have tried the repair option in control panel/add remove programs but it didn't affect the problem. Thanks Dennis ...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Wireless connection
Vista HP 32bit.... When I power on my laptop after not using the Power off.....so its coming out of Sleep....and you see RESUMING WINDOWS.....9 out of 10 times I won't get connected to my Router. I have used the Diagnostic Tool...and get the same results, which is, power off the Router...and power it back on...and when I do that, I do get re-connected. Suggestions denmarfl wrote: > Vista HP 32bit.... > > When I power on my laptop after not using the Power off.....so its coming > out of Sleep....and you see RESUMING WINDOWS.....9 out of 10 times I won'...

Connect to Exchange via HTTPS
I know there is a way that in Exchange 2003 it can be setup so that users can connect remotely using Outlook 2003. They can do this by nesting RPC packets inside SSL packets. Could someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to achieve this? Server side requirement Windows 2003 GC Windows 2003 IIS Exchange 2003 Client side requirement Windows XP SP1 with Q331320 Hot Fix Outlook 2003 For more information about the detail steps, read 1 Deployment Scenarios http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef58395d-3710-49cf-9698-938e2bef39e8&displaylang=en 2 Sing...

show/hide connections
I'm currently building a kind of flow chart for applications, but it really gets to be a lot of connections on top of each other. Is it possible to make all connections invisible as default, and then when I choose a figure, make all it's connections (or a group of connections specified by me) visible, untill I "uncheck" the figure? On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 06:31:01 -0700, jarlen <jarlen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm currently building a kind of flow chart for applications, but it really >gets to be a lot of connections on top of each other. Is it po...

LDAP-connection
When I go to my addresss-book in Outlook, I gert the following error-message: "Cannot contact LDAP-catalogserver (81). I have to close this error-box three or four times. Can anyone explain to me what the message tells me - and how I can contact the LDAP-catalogserver to make access of address-book a bit less troublesome and awkward. Best regards Jan Johansson Oslo, Norway If you do not use an LDAP, remove that service and install the Outlook Address Book Service instead. Post your Outlook version if you don't know how to do that. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jan Johanss...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Monitor inactive connections
We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Great Plains. They'll go to lunch without logging out, or go home for the night, etc. Is there a product or feature that monitors inactive connections and logs them off or terminates them after a period of inactivity? Thanks, Reid This would be a great feature. This is a battle i constantly fight to get people to log out when they leave. Robert "Reid" <warrex@cox.net> wrote in message news:eG8XnYxjGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We have users who routinely leave open inactive connections to Gre...

Connection error?
I haven't been able to get on my Outlook Express email for weeks. This keeps popping up in the "send/recieve" bar. The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 5101, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windo...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

connection status "suspended"
I am using SQL 2005. Starting from today, when I do sp_who, every few minutes I see a new connection to the database and the status is "suspended". This new connection comes from the same VB.NET program that inserts data to the database. After a while, the program will get the error "Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection from the pool. This may have occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached." What does the status "suspended" mean, and will it use up all the connection f...

Very slow connection to Exchange
Hello friends, lately our users are experiencing delay in opening email, sent email usually end up in outbox and stay there until manually flushed, often get message saying outlook is trying to retrieve mail from exchange. We are currently using exchange 5.5 sp4. I have run performance optimizer, and did not set any limits on memory for information store, and have plenty of free space on the hard drive. Please advise if there is something can be done to expedite messaging in our firm. Lastly I have looked at task manager and the processor is running at 20% and memory at 50% most of it being us...

how to connect VC++ with MySQL
Hi guys, how r u, please help me, i am new in MYSQL world. i don't know how we can connect VC++ with mysql, i have downloaded both mysql as well as mysql c++ API . i have download one application from codeproject and add mysql++.h as well as libmySQL.lib but it is giving error of typedef MYSQL_FIELDS Fields ///error is missing ; before Fields specifier initially i add mysql++.h and then connection.h, defs.h , this error is encounter in defs.h can you please help me by solving this problem or giving me some small application with mysql and vc++. <raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com> wro...

IE8 slow on initial load to connect and display home page.
Sometime in the past few weeks/months I've developed this issue. I don't use IE much so its not hard to understand me not seeing it for a while, so I can't restore or use a backup, I've done too much. I'm on Windows XP SP3 latest updates, and I've run my virus, Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, all full scans. Chkdsk too. The system really does seems to work fine. However I ran across a hint on a forum about issues like this and they supplied a file called deldomains.inf that you could load. It basically deleted a few registry entries and resto...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

231
Hi, I'm working on a pipe server & client program. The pipe server is asynchronous and multithreaded. I used the following method to create the server: // code below is inside the Run() method of the server thread class OVERLAPPED ol; ZeroMemory(&ol, sizeof(OVERLAPPED)); HANDLE hArray[2]; hArray[0] = ol.hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, TRUE, FALSE, NULL); hArray[1] = m_hStopEvent; // a global shutdown event while(bStop==FALSE) { HANDLE hServerPipe = CreateNamedPipe (m_szServerName, PIPE_ACCESS_DUPLEX|FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED|WRITE_DAC,PIPE_TYPE_MESSAGE | PIPE_READMODE_MESSAGE |...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...