Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close

I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close

1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back
up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect
the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i
clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going
forward and not the wage file  I already created, I am new at this and this
ism our first gp 10 payroll close.

Thanks, Jim
0
Jim8980 (510)

Payroll
Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP? We have a client that is looking for a reference. ...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

IM and GP close on Payables Integration
GP10 (Ver 10.00.1193) and Integration Manager both close after executing integration that has destination of Payables Transaction. It will run for a few minutes then close and no error messages. FYI, I can successfully run an integration that has destination as general journal. I login to GP thru Citrix. Check the event logs on the citrix server. I've seen this once before, and the event log error related to .Net Runtime 2.0. Sorry, I can't remember what resolved it - I think it may have been a repair install of .Net Framework. "Bruce" wrote: > GP10 (Ver 10.00...

Mailbox closed.
My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit & got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST file. Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly. A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox. Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while (perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does this actually work? Please advise. Thanks. On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:51:08 -0700, TonyV <Tony...

Question mark on Excel 2008 in Dock
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I get a &quot;question mark&quot; when I try to open Excel 2008 for Mac. Checked forlder. Excel appears to be &quot;missing&quot; for no apparent reason. PPT, Word etc still in applications folder. Tried to re-install but received error message &quot;newer version already installed&quot;. Use Spotlight to Find it. You are looking for the file name "Microsoft Excel.app" Umm... Assuming it's not in the trash? You have checked? Cheers On 21/05/10 12:17 AM, in art...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

Runtime Access app errors on close
Hi - I have an application that uses the Access 2002 Runtime. On two computers at a customer location, the application runs fine, until the user tries to close the app. All forms display, reports run, data can be added and deleted. However, when the user attempts to close the app, they get the standard "Microsoft Access has encountered an error and needs to close", and asking to send a report to Microsoft. All applicable updates have been applied to the computer. The application has been uninstalled and reinstalled, and Microsoft Access runtime has been repaired. Still the error...

Data File did not close properly.
Starting Outlook 2007, I get a message: "A datafile did not close properly last time it was used and is being checked for problems". It takes a minute for Oulook to start and then the system is slow for a few more minutes while that file is still being checked and then a message pops up telling me that the file check is complete. Doing a Google on the problem it would appear that it's prevalent but I don't see a fix for it. Is there anything I can do other then going back to Office 2003? I've seen two fixes. Repair your PST file manually. Make sure you exit O...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

Word 2007 eps images in Word 2008

SQL 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS
I've installed SQL Server 2008 x64 SP1 SSRS on a server running Windows Server 2008 x64 Standard and am having major issues. I installed and configured SSRS using documentation provided by our CRM application (ConnectWise). They appeared to be pretty standard options. For SSL I chose the certificate for mydomain.com. Inside the Reporting Services Configuration Manager it shows the following URLs: Web Service URL: http://machinename:80/ReportServer https://www.mydomain.com:443/ReportServer Report Manager URL: http://machinename:80/Reports https://www.mydomain.com:443/Reports ...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

Can anyone better: Fully patched SBS 2008 up for 3 years without a reboot
Its now three years to the day since I set-up my first SBS 2008 server. Its fully patched with all the latest windows updates and service packs, and has never yet needed a reboot. Can anyone better that? -- Brian Cryer www.cryer.co.uk/brian Posted: 1st April 2010. On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 09:32:11 +0100, "Brian Cryer" <not.here@localhost> wrote: > >Its now three years to the day since I set-up my first SBS 2008 server. Its >fully patched with all the latest windows updates and service packs, and has >never yet needed a reboot. Can anyone better that...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Posting to a closed period (year in the past)
At the beginning of the year, I started using a new company in GP. I entered my 12/31/06 balances as a 1/1/07 journal entry. Now I want to back up and enter the 12/31/05 balances, THEN close the end of year for 12/31/05. Also, I want to go back and enter the monthly balances for 06, then close 2006 end of year. I also plan to remove the 1.1.07 journal entry that we put in to get the company started for this year. I know how to use integration manager to import the records, but where I previously entered end of year balances for 05, it shows it as a historical year, and treats it a...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

Can't install Office 2008 12.1.7 Update because a version of software can't be found
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Ok, this is really stupid, I get a message saying: "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12.1.7 on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I only have one volume and that's Macintosh HD, 297GB and Office is installed there I don't know what the problem is. Hope someone can help me. On 4/14/09 3:20 PM, "queequeg731@officeformac.com" <queequeg731@officeformac.com> wrote: > "You cannot install Office 2008 Update 12....

Office 2008
I have an iMac g4 and am planning to install Office 2008. Is there any way that I can install Office 2008, using the same product key, on a Macbook that I am planning to buy? (I won't need Office on the iMac after I purchase the Macbook). On 3/5/08 3:18 PM, in article ee8fdf3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "dcronin90@officeformac.com" <dcronin90@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have an iMac g4 and am planning to install Office 2008. Is there any way > that I can install Office 2008, using the same product key, on a Macbook that > I am planning to buy? (I won't need ...

Microsoft Money 2008 seems available only to US and Japan customer
How can i upgrade from a previous version to a localized (Canada) version? ref. http://www.microsoft.com/money/customers.mspx and http://www.microsoft.com/money/order.aspx I did a few local stores and could not find it. I see that the Passport issue on Money 2004 is resolved, but i can't imagine support will be provided indefintly. Kind regards Regrettably you can't. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "G...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

SQL Server migration from 2000 to 2008
I have a project to migrate sql server 2000(in old server) to sql server 2008 (in new server) I have a rough try and found User Databases can be restored to sql server 2008. I also found some articles about moving Logins account. But we also have many DTS, scheduled jobs and System Databases. How can i migrate these components too? As SSIS is a totally new thing and i hope ideally i won't need to convert all DTS. Thanks all experts. thomas You have to save DTSs as structure file (for example) and the open them on SQL Server 2008 under Legacy folder Please visit ...

SBS 2008 SP1 CMAK 64bit?
Hi, I have SBS 2008 Standard SP1, 64bit. It creates 32bit CMAK profiles. Why is it creating 32bit instead of 64bit, and how do I create a 64bit profile? I read something about needing SBS 2008 R2 to do this, is this correct? Thanks. Keith. Keith wrote: > Hi, > > I have SBS 2008 Standard SP1, 64bit. It creates 32bit CMAK profiles. > > Why is it creating 32bit instead of 64bit, and how do I create a 64bit > profile? I read something about needing SBS 2008 R2 to do this, is this > correct? > > Thanks. > > Keith. > ...

Clipart in textbox Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel For newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc. I used to be able to place clipart in a textbox and place it anywhere in a word document, regardless of the format of paragraphs, margins, etc. In Word 2008, the clipart won't "stay" in the textbox (when I move the textbox, the clipart stays behind) and I can no longer manipulate the clipart the way I could in the older version. Also, my old library of clipart is gone - inaccessible to me with Word 2008. Is it still possible to put clipart in textboxes? Can I get my...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....