Payroll - Achieve to GP Payroll

Has anyone done a conversion from Achieve Payroll to GP?  We have a client
that is looking for a reference.
0
Stacy (40)

how to restore v7.5 GP DB into a 9.0 company
Hello, We use a backup company in our system for testing purposes. From time to time we restore a recent backup of our live company into it. Sometimes though, we restore an old backup into it in order to view the status of the company prior to some change or another. We are just now upgrading to 9.0 from 7.5. The upgrade is going onto a new server and most issues have been resolved. One issue I have not figured out is as follows. Let's say that a month into running 9.0 we realize something is funky in our GL. We decide to take a look at things as they were from a couple months before the...

Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0
Hi all .. I am 8 months old in the Greate Plains......Now i want to write a certification on "Modifier with VBA in GP 9.0". Plz anyone can give suggestions,tips etc to me to pass the exam. I have only one manual which will come with GP installation.Is it enough ? If any body have any other document or article let me know.. Thank you all, Begginer in Dynamics Vijay Kumar Kashetty If you are customersource / Partnersource then you will have access to training material from your above accounts that is a best reference to prepare for you exams, but still the manual which come...

GP 8 Analyses Cubes
Evaluating Analyses Cubes for Excel module in Fabrikam and am having some problems generating excel pivot from GP. Able to get the data by using Excel Add-In, so I guess everything is fine the OLAP db and cubes. In GP, from Excel Pivot Table Creator window am able to connect to the server, get the list of cubes, dimensions and measures, but when I want to generate the pivot or save the definition I get the: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, ...

GP 8.0 help, corrupted datbase?
Hello techies.. I am very new to Great Plains so I need some assistance and hopefully someone can help. We are using GP 8.0, and for some reason this week we have started have problems with our Dynamics database, on SQL 2000. When a user logs in to GP, then they select their company it the window then says "initializing Great Plains" then quickly changes to "applying personal settings". On occasion, before it begins the "applying.." we get errors associated with some custom modules that were created months ago. This problem only started happening this w...

Payroll checklist 2008 payroll close
I have a question on the procedures for 2008 payroll close 1. We already created our year end wage file, step 7, step 8 we did our back up, step 9 is in process, on steps 10 and 12 if I do this does this affect the year end wage file already created?? We did not print w2s yet, when i clear in active employees in step 12 does it just affect process going forward and not the wage file I already created, I am new at this and this ism our first gp 10 payroll close. Thanks, Jim ...

Allocating Tips in Payroll
In one of the forums, someone asked me several questions regarding tip allocation using GP Payroll. I posted an article to my blog that goes through the entire calculation, but now I cannot find the thread where the question was posed. So, if you are still out there. . . the article was posted to : http://dynamicsconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/03/allocating-tips-in-payroll-how-and-why.html Kind regards, Leslie ...

IM and GP close on Payables Integration
GP10 (Ver 10.00.1193) and Integration Manager both close after executing integration that has destination of Payables Transaction. It will run for a few minutes then close and no error messages. FYI, I can successfully run an integration that has destination as general journal. I login to GP thru Citrix. Check the event logs on the citrix server. I've seen this once before, and the event log error related to .Net Runtime 2.0. Sorry, I can't remember what resolved it - I think it may have been a repair install of .Net Framework. "Bruce" wrote: > GP10 (Ver 10.00...

GP MRMS integration
Hello, We have GP and MRMS installed. Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and use MRMS only for sales. This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa. Any suggestions for this? Thanks in advance Carl, Your best bet for integrating the two applications is to use eConnect and eConnect Requester. The former will allow you to integrate data from the MRMS application to GP, the latter allows you to specify XML documents that are published to an MSMQ queue, where they can be retriev...

Item Variants in Gp 9.0
how can I handle item variants in GP 9.0? Examples: Widget 1 has a part number of "A100". It comes in three colors (Red Blue Green). Widget 2 has part number "B2000". It comes in two finishes (brushed and mirror) In another MBS Dynamics product I only enter item "A100" and item "B2000". I can then add variant codes for the colors on item A100 and other variant codes for the finishes on item B2000. This is handled from a single item card. WHen items are sold or purchased, the variant code is entered in a separate field from the item number. But...

PAYROLL TAXES
I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes and net pay showing as the actual amount of check. Please help- email annfbc@aol.com Thanks, Ann Have you tried the special category Paycheck? Look in the sample file or read in help about Paycheck. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d701c3d65c$fec03310$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Microsoft Money 2004 and cannot figure out how to > enter a payroll expense. I need to have gross pay- taxes > and net pay showing as the actual amoun...

GP 10 Startup Performance
Hi all, I'm looking for some advice, as I'm pulling my hair out with this. This was the way on 9.0, and I was really hoping 10 fixed it. Upon starting on 10.0, the performance with the startup is just absolutely horrible when reminders, tasks, and metrics are turned on. Turning them off, we get satisfactory performance, but that completely defeats the purpose of having them up and running. Has : A: Anyone seen this B: Resolved it any other way than shutting them off The client currently has over 10,000 open A/R documents, does approx 7-800 invoices and another 300 orders...

Payroll corrections after Payroll Year is closed
I have a client who closed their payroll year and issued W2s. Now, they've realized that because the last payroll of 2008 was printed on 12/31 but not distributed until January 2nd, it needs to fall into 2009 for wage reporting purposes. My first thought to correct this was to void the checks from the last payroll and re-issue them but I've discovered GP won't let you do this once the payroll year has been closed. Has anyone ever run into this scenario and if so, how was it corrected? Thx, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www....

GP 8.0 new customer
Our company purchased GP 8.0 and we are having difficulty with the amount of time it takes to reconcile the daily cash receipt. Does anyone do approximately 1500 to 2000 invoices in one month - varied $ amountf from as little as 3.49 to more than 2500. When we post a batch it gives us numerous pages of "cash sales" that we have to deposit. It just seems to be time consuming and we would like to streamline this process. Any suggestions? Hi Ann- With a little more information I think I can help with your issue. Please feel free to call me at 407-660-0059 x 109 if you would li...

Cannot print from GP
Hi We are getting following error message when user tries to print. The stored procedure glpBatchCleanup returned the following result DBMS: 0, Great Plains: 20820 We are running GP 8.0 in user workstation. This GP has worked in the past and recently error pops up. This user workstion is the following: Server: SQL Server GP version: 8.00g44 Dexterity: 8.00m079 DB server is running on MS Server 2000 8.00.760.(intel 86) also following error occurs in user workstation event log. Event Type: Error Event Source: Dexterity Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 4...

Payroll Error
My client's payroll hung up when doing a build, she isn't sure why as she had run one earlier in the day and it was fine. We deleted all the files listed in the knowledgebase article, and did check links. She can now build the batch but when she tries to calculate it she gets and error "UPR Temp Post 1 failed, path does not exist", then an "incorrect record length error". I can't find anything on either of these other than deleting the activity files and work files of the company database and system. Any other ideas? There were none of the temp files ...

GP 9 Packager
Has anyone used the GP 9.0 Packager to roll out the application to workstations? I tried using the packager on the cd, but it looks to me that ot will only roll out the basic install. I would like to roll out the install with a third party product (Wennsoft) and the current service pack as well as some vba customizations. Is this possible with CD packager? I have some luck using WinInstall LE to create the msi package, but have not perfected it yet and is taking a lot of time. Just thought I would see if I am missing something easy. Thanks in advance for any replies. Darren ...

Purchasing in GP
I erroneously used the "Remove Transaction History" utility and lost all history from my recent conversion to GP. Is there anyway to recover that data other than from a backup tape? In other words is the data marked for removal or is it physically removed? -- Peter Mc Sorry, but it's gone :-( -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Peter Mc" wrote: > I erroneously used the "Remove Transaction History" utility and > lost all history from my recent conversion to GP. Is there anyway to > recover that data oth...

GP 6-->7.5-->9
I'm testing for an upgrade from GP 6 to 7.5 to 9 on VMWARE, win2003 server, sql2000sp3. - I installed GP6, created all the companies and users - Tested connectivity (ok) - Restored production databases to test build - Tested connectivity (ok) - Ran 7.5 install - After install required to run GP Utilities - Logged on as dbase admin to Server: Dynamics - Got welcome message, clicked Next and get the following message "A previous version of Great Plains has been detected. To proceed, you need to upgrade your Great Plains system database. Other users are currently using Great Plains. Yo...

salaries for GP professionals?
Hi, Excuse the divergence from technical discussions, but what are typical salaries for Great Plains consultants working as employees for partners? I'm asking because I've been working for a company that uses Great Plains, and have been the point person on administration, upgrades, installations, etc for it for about 5 years now. I make about 85k, but I also handle our CRM installation, and do software development as well; though so I'm not sure how that factors in to the equation. I'm thinking about applying for a job with a partner, but have no clue as to what typical salar...

Upgrade 3rd party product from GP 9 to GP 10
I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10. Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solutions? Please advise. Thanks. -- Gee Hi Gee The Microsoft Dynamics GP Developer forum may be a better palce to ask this question. Fliehigh "Gee" wrote: > I created 3rd party product GP 9 using Ms Dextrity 9.0. I need to upgrade to > GP10 but I found SY_Security_Normal_MSTR tables do not have in version 10. > Can I proceed without this tables or do you have solut...

No Distribution for Payroll Check
My company just started using GP 10 after the first of the year. I have one employee whose check distribution did not balance. Their deductions and unemployment taxes were deducted from their check but it was not distributioned to a G/L account. What should I be looking at to correct this so that it doesn't happen again? ...

Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll
Can someone tell me the differences in the tables and fields which are populated and updated in Canadian Payroll vs US Payroll? The quick answer: Everything!!! In Canadian Payroll, there are over 200 tables all with their physical names prefixed by CPY. I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the number of fields in there let alone guess at the number of tables and fields in the US Payroll which is totally separate. They are all listed under Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables if you have those products installed. Good luck on your count and in deciding what is populated and/or u...

Payroll
How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > >-----Original Message----- >How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. >. > What do you want to change it to? "Raja" wrote: > How to change the Soc.Sec Number format in Payroll module. > ...

GP Detailed Trial Balance Report
Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail report.. Here is what's happening. we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and open year. the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was posted with a credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change. On the the report total for net change GP shows 133,964.83. when you actually calculate the total of net change am...

What's included in Dynamics GP kit for a new partner?
Hi there, How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP kit for a new partner? or where can I look for it ? Thanks a lot Gilberto Villegas GP Business Solutions partner Ask your Partner Account Manager (PAM) -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Gilberto" wrote: > Hi there, > > How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP > kit for a new partner? ...