Payment Batches and Zero Amounts

Our accounts staff have asked me if there is a way to get
GP v8.0 to not assign a payment number against vendors
that have a zero balance - since it assigns a payment
number it also assigns a cheque number - we hand write
cheques.
Currently they run thru the list& delete zero payment
amounts - but because business is expanding its becoming
harder and harder to do this...
Is there anyway to exclude zero amounts from the payment
batch??
Thanks
Theo
0
Theo6945 (8)

Believe article Zero Dollar Checks and Remittance (861276)
addresses my concerns - will test this

Theo

0
Theo6945 (8)
4/14/2005 5:34:09 AM
we are happy that GP doesnt assign cheque nos to zero payment amounts
:)
Theo

"Theo@australia.org.au" wrote:

> Believe article Zero Dollar Checks and Remittance (861276)
> addresses my concerns - will test this
>
> Theo

0
theo (92)
4/22/2005 4:34:02 AM
Theo,

Another way to avoid zero value remittances is to use PSTL (Professional
Service Tools Library). In that there is a free module call PM Minimum
Cheque.

Enable this module and then set the minimum cheque to 1 cent.
This setting is recorded in the DEX.INI so it is a PER WORKSTATION setting.

PSTL can be downloaded from Customersource, or install the version from your
Great Plains CD (v8)

Robert

"Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we are happy that GP doesnt assign cheque nos to zero payment amounts
> :)
> Theo
>
> "Theo@australia.org.au" wrote:
>
> > Believe article Zero Dollar Checks and Remittance (861276)
> > addresses my concerns - will test this
> >
> > Theo

On Account Payment
Hello everyone, I need to know if I can accept on account payments form manager screen rather than going to POS screen. Thanks Payment effect your X and Z and need to be done at the POS. Afshin Alikhani -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "Adam" wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I need to know if I can accept on account payments form manager screen > rather than going to POS screen. > > Thanks ...

Change Zoom Box Amounts
In Excel2003, is there a way to change what magnification viewing amounts are in the dropdown box? For example, in my dropdown box , I show 200%, 100%, 75%, 50%, and 25%, I want to have 150% listed. Can this be done? Thanks. Hi Don't know if the settings can be changed but you can type in any size from 10% to 400% HTH John "snax500" <billgottschalk@verizon.net> wrote in message news:30e690d6-15c5-41a6-b327-0202d8295602@e22g2000vbm.googlegroups.com... > In Excel2003, is there a way to change what magnification viewing > amounts are in the dropdown box? F...

No amount remaining but the AP Invocie still open
Hi hope I can get an advice on this issue. I got an Invoice which is fully applied but still open. How to resolve this? Thanks in advance ...

JScript to Calculate the Amount of days and display it in a Field
How can I Calculate the Amount of days and display it in a Field Two date Fields = Arrival Date and Departure date One text Field = total days ( here I want to see the amount of days between Arrival Date and Departure date) Is there a Jcript that can Do This ? Some notes on date/time calculations in JavaScript are here: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS3 -- Michael Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx ---------------------------------------------------------- "Rome" <New@news.microsoft.com> schrieb im Ne...

Zip codes that start with zero
I can format the cell as text in Excel and the zeros show up and print fine, but when I mail merge into WORD, I get a zero ONLY as a zipcode. Frustrating. I need to print labels by Friday. WHat do I do? See if this link helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en­-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.­aspx -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Gamba Lisa" <Gamba Lisa@discussions.m...

Payment Payment
Hi I have created Sales invoice and posted the invoice Then I have made Payment against that invoice the posted the payment When I go to enquire and see the status of payment it is showing as open not the Hist What I have to do make this payment as Hist data. Regards Srinivasan Srinivasan, In GP Receivables transactions do not automatically move to History when they are fully applied. The reason for this is that you cannot unapply and re-apply historical transactions and you cannot NSF or void historical transactions in Receivables. So these will stay 'Open' until you manuall...

Invoice payment error
I had submitted this question a few days ago with no response, so I'm resubmitting with more information. There is an invoice showing a balance due on the aged trail balance report. However, when a document inquiry is run for this invoice, it is showing paid in full. I found the transaction in the RM20201 table (Receivables Open Transaction File) with a 0 in the Posted field. It's the only record in that table with that value. What can I do to resolve this? This transaction is from a prior year. Thanks for any help you can give! daw Usually, running Reconcile will correc...

Partial payment of a bill?
Is it possible to make a partial payment of a bill...which the balance stays as an open bill? Thanks See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=132 for some thoughts on this problem. "redruthann" <redruthann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0FE488C-5752-413C-B983-1F486D548D03@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to make a partial payment of a bill...which the balance > stays > as an open bill? ...

M Money payment date reset issues
If I have a bill set up to pay by some date, it is almost impossible for me to reset the date once the time has slipped past the amount of time the program thinks it has to pay the bill. I have tried everything! In most cases, I just delete the entire series, and even then the program "remembers" the old series pay date and refuses to accept the electronic pay. I have even resorted to a stamp and a written check to get my bills paid! This is absolutely maddening! Does anyone have a magic solution to how you force the electronic pay to send the payment through if you slip past the nu...

credit card batch size
Some days now we run over into a 3rd batch for credit card processing. I would rather avoid this as it complicates reconciliation and costs more (bank charges for each ACH deposit). Is there any problem with increasing the credit card batch size from 100 to 150? Marc According to our Merchant Bank and TSYS there is no limit on the number of transactions in a batch (assuming you are using the RMS build in processing). I've set all our registers to the maxim (9999 I believe) batch size and we have had no problems with this. Make sure to set the batch size on EACH register (while ...

How can I figure present value of a stream of payments?
Same as Subject Look in help for the PV function Regards, Peo Sjoblom "shep" wrote: > Same as Subject ...

Does the title of the question effect the amount of replies I get.
I have 2 excel sheets in the same workbook. The first one has a rota on it. It is arranged in weeks, with Monday to Sunday running along the top, and the name of the department running down the left hand side. At the bottom I have added a row for "holiday". The second sheet is a holiday sheet. The names of the staff run along the top of the sheet, with each cell underneath their name representing a days holiday. Each cell is numbered so that we can see how many days they have, and how many days they have left. What I want to happen is to type the date of the holiday in the cell...

Researching payments
Hello there, we have times when we will receive payments that state they are for more than the original invoice. Example: 1,100 payment Invoice A - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice B - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice C - 250 Remittance says apply 250 Invoice D - 250 Remittance says apply 350 The 100 stays open until it is being historically researched or the customer calls. The problem is, by the time the research is needed, we have lost track of the fact that it was invoice D that the customer attempted to overpay. Since GP prevents you from over-applyi...

CondForm not applying to zero, "0", when it should.
I've just searched through all my posts in this ng. I'm almost 99% positive that I've run into this "zero" problem before. I've set up conditional formatting in a column so that if the cell value is "less than or equal to" and then put "0" in the box, that certain formatting will be applied to those cells. But what I've discovered is that in testing the conditional formatting, some obey this formatting with a zero and some don't. I seem to remember something about zeros being able to be positive or negative and that we had to do somethi...

Scheduled Payments
Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a different percentage of the total amount due. Yes. Click on the Amortize button and make the changes. "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a way to edit each payment amount after the schedule is created? > For instance, instead of having equal payment amounts, each payment is a > different percentage of the total amount due. ...

Can excel differentiate between zero (tallied) and zero fill (no .
I'm creating a worksheet that will serve as a statistical analysis for flatwater (lakes and ponds) fish species. I'm tring to calculate pooled CPUE (Captured Per Unit Effort) for several sampling efforts (gillnetting, electrofishing, etc) per species. I'm hoping to use 24 samples with 17 fish species. For example: If we fish 8 times on a lake there are 16 empty samples (24-8 = 16)...each sample has a formula to calculate the hours of effort. So...if in sample #1 (we fish 1 gillnet for one day) we catch 3 Lake Trout from 7/29/04 13:00 (start date) to 7/30/04 15:23 we...

credit card payment void
When an AP invoice was paid with a credit card, and then the payment and/or invoiced (for the credit card vendor) are voided it is difficult to get the General Ledger posting to come out correctly. The only options are to have the purchase account for the credit card company be the same as the payables account for the credit card company or to edit the voided invoiced (for the credit card vendor) when it gets to GL. My suggestion would be this: When a void is done for an invoice for the credit card company that was created automatically for a payment with another vendor, then that pa...

Stop Payment
Money 2003 Check was stolen; Stop Payment Placed at Bank; Marked Transastion as Void. Problem: $ amount on Reports shows as $ paid to Payee. When I run my yearend reports, the $ amount will be incorrect for my taxes. Is there a better was to show that a check had payment stopped or how do I make the report not include the voided amount? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003D_01C366AC.CD9AFB00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Don't know if it would fit your situation - but I create...

Post date EFT payments
Hello All, Does anyone have access to this Techknowledge Document ID 33794? I am unable to locate it. We are on V10 and this is still an issue. Does anyone know if there is a fix? The only workarounds I can think of is changing the system date or manually changing the date on the upload file. Thanks Daniel "Joyce Furry" wrote: > Problem: The effective date of the batch pulls from the date the EFT file is > generated. The effective date of the batch SHOULD BE the check date of the > batch. > > Therefore, if we generate a file on Wednesd...

Applied payment in payables with no payment
We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When we re-opened GP there are a number of invoices showing completely applied, even though the payment was deleted. I have run reconcile, check links and no difference. Too much work has been done to consider a restore - any other ideas? Thanks Gloria, You can go to sql enterprise manager and update the CURTRXAMT to zero (or the outstanding amount) in table PM20000. Gerald "Gloria" wrote: > We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When > we re-opened GP there are a...

duplicated electronic payments
I normally go to my bank's web site to initiate/schedule online payments (Mortgage, credit card, utilities etc..) They get downloaded into money automatically but they do not get matched to the scheduled payments I have created in ms money (bills and deposits) for the same items. This results in two transactions showing up in the transaction list; one is "scheduled" (from the bank, which I can not edit) the other is the automatic transaction that ms money created. I want to keep the transaction that Money created because it has the correct information associated with is (like ...

Scheduled Payments should produce invoices for the payment amount
Since scheduled payments allow you to break invoices into multiple payments based on a particular schedule, you should be able to generate an invoice to submit to the customer for the payment due and not just an amortization schedule. Right now it's done by printing a document from the RM inquiry window. For customers using a lot of this function, printing the invoices is really inefficient. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Setting vendor payments with different payment terms
Hi I'm using Money for Home and buisness. If I want to set up a vendor that I pay NET + 30. for example: I will see the actual expense on 7/22 but the cash flow will happen on 8/22. How do I do that? If I set up a bill for the 8/22 then the expense is also record on August, but actually the expense took place on July. Please assist. Thanks! ...

Error with on-line payment (Money 2002)
My computer locked up in the middle of sending an e- payment. My bank got the payment but Money shows to transaction is still pending. Because of this, Money doesn't show the payment in the resgister and it won't let me delete or edit the payment since it still shows it as pending. Can anybody tell me how to delete this transaction???? THANKS!!! Don ...

Payment Batches and Zero Amounts
Our accounts staff have asked me if there is a way to get GP v8.0 to not assign a payment number against vendors that have a zero balance - since it assigns a payment number it also assigns a cheque number - we hand write cheques. Currently they run thru the list& delete zero payment amounts - but because business is expanding its becoming harder and harder to do this... Is there anyway to exclude zero amounts from the payment batch?? Thanks Theo Believe article Zero Dollar Checks and Remittance (861276) addresses my concerns - will test this Theo >-----Original Message----- ...