Payables PM10000 Question

As part of integrating some items into Payables, I'm stuck on one field in
the PM10000 table....the NOTEINDX field.  I know it's a Note Index field,
but how is the number generated and what does it cross reference?

Thanks.

Jeff

0
jgarrison1 (21)

During the integration process, Dynamics GP will assign the next note index
to your transaction. The note index itself is retrieved from the Company
Master table (SY01500) in the DYNAMICS database and is then assigned to the
transaction. When a user adds a note to the transaction in GP, the note is
stored in the SY03900 table along with the assigned index.

Please take a look at my article:

- All About OLE Container at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/11/all-about-dexterity-ole-container.html

This article details more information on OLE Notes and how the note index is
used to store the file name of the attached OLE note.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Jeff G" wrote:

> As part of integrating some items into Payables, I'm stuck on one field in
> the PM10000 table....the NOTEINDX field.  I know it's a Note Index field,
> but how is the number generated and what does it cross reference?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
2/20/2009 10:50:01 PM
Try this:

DECLARE @CMPANYID		SMALLINT
DECLARE @sCompanyName           CHAR(65)
DECLARE @iStatus		INT
DECLARE	@NOTEINDX		NUMERIC(19,5)
DECLARE @iGetNextNoteIdxErrState int

SELECT @CMPANYID = cmpanyid,
		 @sCompanyName = cmpnynam
  FROM   dynamics..sy01500 (nolock)
  WHERE  interid = Db_name()

EXEC @iStatus = dynamics..Tasmgetnextnoteindex
		@I_sCompanyID = @CMPANYID,
		@I_iSQLSessionID = 0,
		@I_noteincrement = 1,
		@O_mNoteIndex = @NOTEINDX OUTPUT,
		@O_iErrorState = @iGetNextNoteIdxErrState OUTPUT

So, you can use @NOTEINDX

Carlos Garc?a!

> On Friday, February 20, 2009 5:15 PM Jeff G wrote:

> As part of integrating some items into Payables, I'm stuck on one field in
> the PM10000 table....the NOTEINDX field.  I know it's a Note Index field,
> but how is the number generated and what does it cross reference?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

>> On Friday, February 20, 2009 5:50 PM MarianoGome wrote:

>> During the integration process, Dynamics GP will assign the next note index
>> to your transaction. The note index itself is retrieved from the Company
>> Master table (SY01500) in the DYNAMICS database and is then assigned to the
>> transaction. When a user adds a note to the transaction in GP, the note is
>> stored in the SY03900 table along with the assigned index.
>>
>> Please take a look at my article:
>>
>> - All About OLE Container at
>> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/11/all-about-dexterity-ole-container.html
>>
>> This article details more information on OLE Notes and how the note index is
>> used to store the file name of the attached OLE note.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
>>

>> "Jeff G" wrote:

0
garccom (1)

A counting question
Hi, I was wondering if is is possible to count a set of numbers using more than 1 agruement. I am trying to count a set of numbers as long as those numbers are not zero and the column is a day of the week. An example would be: 0.91 1.07 1.07 0.86 0.9 0.97 1.01 1.02 0 0.91 I would like to count all the number is are in the Monday column and are greater than zero. Any help anyone can give be will be apperciated. -- sjackson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjackson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1805...

question in crm users
hi, we are a service-oriented org and we have delivery boys who needs to be managed in a system. we are looking into CRM and I would like to ask if they require licenses in order to be users and manage as resource group in MSCRM. Hi Benjamin, users with restricted mode access cannot logon into CRM and do not consume CRM license however they are available in resource scheduling. We use this "trick" (which is by design, I believe) quite often to schedule human resources who do not need to be users of CRM. I think this is exactly what you're after. Hope it helps -- Geor...

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

autosum question
In a column of numbers, autosum is ignoring a number that has a note attached to it, for example: 3,564 (NOTE 3) As I often have to add 'notes' as above, is there a way I can get autosum to still count the number and ignore what's in parenthesis? John Hello When you type 3,645 (note 3) you get in the cell '3,645 (note 3) the leading apostrophe tells XL that what follows is text, not numbers. Have you considered adding a comment to the cell(s) >INSERT >COMMENT? This will give you a red tab on the cells affected so no need for the bracketed comment above. best rega...

Question about Service Pack 2
We just updated to SP2 on our Exchange box. We used to be able to go to OWA and use our username to log in, now we have to type our entire email address to get access. Any way to change that back to just the username? Thanks! Douglas Are you using FBA? Did you modify the owa logon.asp page as per: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA2003Forms-based-Authentication-default-domain.html Nue "Douglas McIver" <dmciver@NOSPAM.jlmdirect.NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:OHA1TDIIGHA.2040@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We just updated to SP2 on our Exchange box. We used to...

Money budget question from a beginner #2
once I create a budget and go to see the budget report, I can see excelent results of the months. The problem is that the report shows only budgeted expenses and if I have total of 1K of unbudgeted amount I will not see that on the report. Does that report and the budged worths anything then Or I'm doing something wrong? I gues it is second choice. Could anybody advise? Thanks. Are you showing income and expenses in your report? what is the name of the report? Is it the one that shows up from the budget left side menu? It should give you a bottom line over/under budget. >-----...

Project Server Workspace Permissions Question
I have created some Project Workspaces and users are able to access them fine. However, I created some additional lists on them: 1 List for tracking equipment and it is done in a datasheet view. The other one is a document library. In both cases, Team Members are not able to edit the lists. Now, I know that by default, you do not get the contribute list permission unless you have a task assigned, but I need all Team Members to have Contribute rights. So, how do I accomplish that? What server permission can I give or how can I work-around this? Two options I can think of: 1) As p...

Another Customer Report question
I'm using RMS 2.0. Is there any way to pull a customer report that shows their shipping address? All I can find is a report that shows billing address. I'm just trying to get some basic marketing done and what to find out which customers are purchasing which products, and to what address I can send them information on new products. Why is this so difficult for me to do? With all the information being captured in RMS, you'd think simple reports such as these would be available. I looked through all my custom reports and partner source and unfortunately didn't find a...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

Excel calculation question
Is there a way to see what calculations are causing excel to slow down? My workbook is noticably hanging at 7% and agin briefly at 42. Adam, I have to admit that I'm overwhelmed by your file! What you are doing is somewhat complicated to start off with but I think you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. Look how big the file is! There are a lot of things that can be improved but I don't know where to start! I'll get back to you tomorrow with some specific suggestions. Most of the formulas can be greatly reduced in size and "complexity". That&#...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

Windows Active Directory Interview Questions
Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see them http://www2.isupportyou.net/2010/07/some-windows-active-directory-interview.html Cherry wrote: > Here i have gathered some of the most important interview questions > on Windows Active Directory Services. These are related to Windows > 2003 AD environment. Please click on the following link to see > them > http://www2.isupp0rty0u.net/2o1o/o7/s0me-wind0ws-active-dire...

questions for an interview
i'm not a developer but need to interview some people to help out with some CRM customizations. I'm thinking a Uni-grad who will self learn. small business simple stuff. What skills should i be looking for in the person? It depends on the type of customizations you're looking for: Form Customization - JavaScript/JScript development (Note that I'm not talking about JAVA) - Dynamic HTML (Internet Development) - AJAX and XML (optional, for calling CRM web services) Server-Side (Callout development, Custom Workflow Assemblies) - Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 / Visual Studio 200...

register questions
I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had previous money versions. During the last 2 week time period my register quite going back to the beginning. Now all I get is the last 3 years worth of transactions. I have set the view to show all dates. The payees and transactions are still in the database, just need the register to REALLY show ALL dates. Comments? In microsoft.public.money, ballworth@comcast.net wrote: >I have been using Money 2002 for some time and have had >previous money versions. During the last 2 week time >period my register quite going back to t...

A Loaded Question...
You folks have been great about answering my questions -- but I'd like to learn more on my own. IU bought John Green's Excel 2000 VBA Programmer's Reference Guide, but it is either too advanced or not laid out right for me. Any suggestions for a good book for beginning - intermediate? I'd like to be able to write macros more effectively. I suspect several of you are authors... any help appreciated. ./RN See one response at your original post. Randy Numbers wrote: > > You folks have been great about answering my questions -- but I'd like to > learn more on...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Question on Public Folder Replication
I am migrating an exchange 2000 server to a exchange 2003 server on new hardware and realize that I need to replicate the public folders over to the new exchange 2003. Do I need to replicate the Default and ExchangeVI public folders on the exchange 2000 server to the 2003 exchange? As of now I have replicated offline address list, the public folders we have created manually, the schdule free busy folder and recipient update service. Thanks for the assistance, Aj ...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

question about IMF
Dear all: If I send the email out, will IMF learn the reception user and add them to white-list? If yes, where is the IMF database? Many thanks for your reply! IMF will not learn, but Outlook will allow you to automatically add people you send email to to your safe senders list. The safe senders list is stored with your mailbox on the server and IMF will respect it (as long as IMF didn't block it at the gateway). -GT "David" <david@idle.com.tw.nospam> wrote in message news:eFPi8qSyEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all: > > > > If ...

Question about E-mail templates in 3.0
Do anyone knows whether it is possible to customize email templates to include e.g. flash or jpeg’s or just a plain word dodument?? ...

Outlook Question #7
Gang, I have a client that I am working with and the strangest thing happened! I was working on a domain authentication issue and had to delete a user account from a computer. After this I recreate the user and no email, so strange! All of my client's emails are gone all of his personal saved emails everything, In fact I have to reconfigure the Outlook mail settings just to get email running. So the end result......I cant find the guys email and I have no idea what is going on! HELP!! Client OS XP Outlook 2002 patched Thanks Joe Hi, Even if you create a new user with...

managed newsgroup questions
We have a support plan with microsoft, this is supposed to allow us to take part in the managed newsgroups. I have a few questions regarding this: In customersource under managed newsgroup maintenance, I have my email address set to be monitored and entered. On the discussion forum under my profile, the email address is set to the same address as in customersource except it has .(donotspam) on the end. Is this alright or do they need to match exactly? If so which one should be changed? Do I have to post questions in a special place other than the public discussion board if I want m...

Windows 7/64 question
Can someone tell me why my Win 7/64 seems to have a single default folder where almost everything is saved, unless I am careful and force a change? I'm talking about just one folder, everything seems to be forced to go there on saving. The folder is ...Users\my-user-name\documents\excel files This is a pain in the a** for me. If I haven't specified a certain save location for a software, the saved files go to me excel files folder. This isn't just ms office, it happens with almost all software I have installed. I removed everything from Libraries\documents ...

Question...
Ok I have a list of dates spread across the top of my spreadsheet liste for every Monday from now until the end of December. And every week come into the document and highlight the week that it is currently i green, and turn the last week's back to white. Is there a way to d this automatically so that I do not have to manually do it every week? Thanks, Tyeja -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using a conditional format.e.g. if you data starts in A1 try: - select your data in row 1 - goto the conditional format dialog and enter the following formula: =(a1<TODA...

simple format question
i have the following entered as the format for a text box: (000) 000-0000" x"000 but am getting a display that looks like this: (000) 212-6757 x760 when it should be: (212) 675-7760 The field has number data type and the last 3 digits (the phone number extension) is not always included (I suspect that i may need to break the extension out to a seperate field (?) any thoughts would be greatly appreciated -mark Mark Kubicki wrote: >i have the following entered as the format for a text box: >(000) 000-0000" x"000 > >but am ...