Payables Management query

Hi everybody -
can somebody tell me which table holds the invoice information for payables
management. I have to make a query that show which checks paid for which
invoices and I have to include the invoice description as well. Thanks!!

PM10000 - PM Transaction WORK File
PM20000 - PM Transaction OPEN File
PM30200 - PM Paid Transaction History File

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)
9/15/2009 1:46:44 AM
Michael,

I have posted code for a SQL view that may already have everything you need
except the invoice description (which should be easy to add):
http://victoriayudin.com/2008/10/22/sql-view-ap-apply-in-gp/.

I also have a page listing the commonly used Payables tables and codes:
http://victoriayudin.com/gp-reports/pm-tables/

Hope that helps.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Michael@nyresume.com" <Michaelnyresumecom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:EFC742FF-5900-4DAA-B951-33C222C187A6@microsoft.com...
> Hi everybody -
> can somebody tell me which table holds the invoice information for
> payables
> management. I have to make a query that show which checks paid for which
> invoices and I have to include the invoice description as well. Thanks!!

0
victoria (3340)
9/15/2009 9:43:12 AM
The information you need is in the PM30300.  This is the Payables Apply To
History File.  TechKnowledge article 863706 "Check Register showing
Distributions of invoices it pays" explains how to create your query.

The invoice discription should be in the PM30200.  This is the PM Paid
Transaction History File.

"Michael@nyresume.com" <Michaelnyresumecom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:EFC742FF-5900-4DAA-B951-33C222C187A6@microsoft.com...
> Hi everybody -
> can somebody tell me which table holds the invoice information for
payables
> management. I have to make a query that show which checks paid for which
> invoices and I have to include the invoice description as well. Thanks!!

0
news_jamrock (304)

Save query result in a variable
hi! hope you can help me AGAIN! i have a form that let's the user pick a name, job, between dates, tax(with or without) and percentage. this is for calculating the comision each employee has earned. i did this by a query that gets the info from the form adn then opens a report and in the report i make the calculations. but it turns out that several employees have 2 or more "jobs" and for each one diferent % of comission. the form and the reports handdle it fine, i'm looking for a way to add all of this reports for each person. i was thinking of saving the sum of each que...

Integration Manager 10.0!!!
Hello, I have a question regarding IM 10.0, I'm unable to import data in GP 10.0, there was an error. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I have searched the KB article & found that there is a hotfix available "938461 hotfix" on request only, which contains 2 files. How can I get that hotfix free to resolve my issue. Is there any link so i can download it? Plz Help!!! You have to log a support request. I did, I hope they don't charge me, as this is a known bug, and I don't think we should have to pay for Microsofts bugs. Jeremy "Ni...

Running an Access 2003 query with parameters
I have a access query that prompts for a date range when run. I need to call the query from Excel. When I run the query from Excel I'm not prompted for the date range and the query fails. Is there a way to call the query and be prompted for the date range? Thanks in advance for you help! ...

Comment field in Manager??
Hello, I have a question about the comment field (SHIFT + F9) in POS Is it possible to get it on the active report "Detailed Sales"? Or if it isn't possible, how can i get a comment from a transaction in the Manager on a report. Hope it is clear enough, if not say so. -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands Hi Raymond - edit the detailed sales report with notepad....first go to your reports directory and rightclick the report - uncheck "read only" - apply then open it with notepad paste this at the bottom (I copied the cashier column and made...

Can I use a query to change a data type?
I am using a table linked to a Lotus Notes Database. I am using a query to perform some calcualtions on the data in the table. The issue I have is that the data I am trying to perform calculations on, is being read as text, when it is actually numerical. So when I set an expression to add different fields together, access merges them like text strings. For example 1+3+5=135, instead of 9. Is there anything I can add to my query to make access treat these fields as numbers? Thank you in advance for your help. Take a look at the CInt() function (you did provide 'integers' in...

CRM4: Data Migration Manager Setup Error
Hi, I am getting the following error when trying to install Data Migration Manager on the CRM server: "The path is not of a legal form." Server configuration: Windows Server 2008, Standard Edition, 32-bit (fully patched) SQL Server 2005, SP2 CRM Server 4.0 Microsoft Office 2007 CRM Client for Outlook 4.0 P.S. MSI log file contents below Thank You in advanced, Jevgenij =============================== 00:51:48| Info| === Managed setup logging started: 2008.08.21 00:51:48 === 00:51:48|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.DMClient.ClientSetup.Initialize 00:51:48|Verbose| Me...

Excel 2003 default folder for Queries
Hello. How do I change the default folder for Data Sources queries? When I click on Data->Import External Data->Import Data..., it always defaults to "My Data Sources" in "My Documents". I want to change it to a different directory! Thanks in advance. I wanted to do this also. Following are the steps I took. I went into the registry and changed the folder name from My Data Sources to hoohah. Excel found hoohah in My Documents when I asked to Import Data. I then moved hoohah out of My Documents to GordStuff folder. When I went to Data>Import etc. Exce...

To Query or not to Query??
Hello all - I'm a newbe to Access but have made great progress. I'm using Acess 2003. The db is up and running prefectly. Now I need to tackle the reporting. I have seen posts about reports and queries and am a little confused. Do I need to create a query to run my reports off of? I have a tabbed subform in the main form. There are seven tabs breaking up all the services we provide. Like "Promo Items", "Leads", "Client Printed Material","Internal Print Material" and so on. The main form has the User, Branch and Marketing Rep. I need to...

User's computer login to filter in query
I asked a question a long time ago and received a response that involved retrieving the userid from a user's login to filter the results of a database. Essentially, I am looking for the creation of a report that is generic in design but specific in results based on who is looking. Essentially, I only want employees looking at projects that are their own. Each project has the employee userid associated with it. Is there a way that I can code the report or the query that only those projects owned by the viewer are displayed? Jason Lopez an easy way is to begin the db with a sta...

form fields... trying to return all values in a query
I currently have a form and the path is [Forms]![SVP]![SVP]. I have created a form with a drop down list that queries my main sheet for all the possible fields. I cant seem to figure out how to write an expression that allows me to leave it blank and then return all fields OR choose a value and return only the matching values. I hope this makes sense. Where (somefield = [Forms]![SVP]![SVP] or [Forms]![SVP]![SVP] is null) <grantschneider@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184941171.054042.285100@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I currently have a form and the path is [Forms]![SVP]![...

Microsoft Query via Excel won't launch
Question - need help. When I try to launch MS query via MS Excel by choosing Data > Import External Data MS Query will begin to launch (I see the program on the task bar) but then it freezes and I have to control+alt+delete to kill the program. Can't figure out for the life of me why this is happening. Any ideas/thoughts/others who have had this problem? T me too. can't find a solution...

Web query financial data into chart
Via a web query I import the Euro/Dollar exchange rate during e.g. 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm in a cell of an Excel sheet with a refresh rate of 1 minute. I like to plot this rate versus time over this period. How can I realize that? regards, Louis -- loconel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ loconel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33481 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=532821 You would have to use a macro to store the info on a sheet with a automatic defined name for the gra...

Crosstab with subquery as source to another query
I have created a crosstab that uses a subquery as its source and contains a PIVOT... IN clause, which executes successfully. I have a query that selects certain records from that crosstab and performs calculations on its fields, but it fails with a "Syntax error in FROM clause," highlighting the TRANSFORM verb. I tried simplifying the select query wrapper, as SELECT * FROM ([crosstab query]);, which fails with the same message. Could the subquery be so complex that it frustrates the query optimizer? (The subquery JOINs two tables and LEFT JOINs a third, and selects ...

UDF XLA and SQL queries
Newbie question. Apologies in advance if it's too simplistic or in the wrong forum. I want to add an UDF to Excel. This UDF queries a SQL database. Say the function name is 'MyFunc'; I want to be able to have (in a cell) =MyFunc("ABC") return some data from the SQL database (for example here, say the Product Description for product "ABC"). The user needs to select the database the first time he uses the workbook. The UDF is called often in the worksheets of a given workbook so I would prefer to open the connection once at the beginning and...

Input Box/Message Box queries #2
Thanks Dave Those ideas worked perfectly fre -- freekril ----------------------------------------------------------------------- freekrill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=756 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27611 ...

Database degrag query
Hi , I am using exchange 2003 with SP1. I have calculated the total size of mailboxes , it is total 30 GB. But the size if edb file is 50 GB and stm file is 25 GB . I have defraged the database offline so that it will purge the white space if there is any. but after defrag no difference in size of the database. it is still 50gb edb and 25 gb stm file. can anuone explain if i have only 30gb total mailbox size then why it is taking so much space. there is no rules and othere things define. Waiting for your help. Regards, Abhi. On 25 Oct 2004 20:45:43 -0700, pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhi...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

Recipient Policy not taking effect for Mailbox Manager in Exchange 2003
I've setup a recipient policy in Exchange 2003 System manager that is supposed to delete messages older than 30 days. It runs every Friday as it is supposed to, but it does not delete messages from any accounts. I think that the users are not associated with the policy, but I could be wrong. Anyhow, here's what I did to set it up: I've followed the following tutorial: http://msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html Everything seems to be setup properly, except when it runs every Friday night, I always get the following message sent to my mailbox (the admin mailbox): The Mic...

new mailbox not shown in exchange system manager
Hi, exchange 2003 on 2000 member server in 2003 AD domain / outlook 2003 - I created a new AD user from exchange server named sqlserver - I created a new mailbox named sqlserver - I loaded outlook 2003 and configured to use exchange but it could not find sqlserver mailbox - outlook can find my mailbox in address book and connect to it ok (it exists in mail store) - I setup the alias as sqlserver@domain.com - in AD email address tab is setup SMTP email address as sqlserver@sms-limited.co.uk - I loaded exchange manager selected mail store and looked in mailbox and sqlserver is not there. -...

voided checks from payables management
Hi, I have been approached by many customers requesting bank reconciliation to be date sensitive to voided transactions from payables management. customers are reporting frustration with the void dates. we understand that the date used in payables management is the same date used in bank reconciliation, but different in the general ledger. This difference is causing frustration with the historical aged trial balance in payables management and bank reconciliation - when comparing to the general ledger. -- Ron Gressley ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micr...

Exporting Queries to Excel Automatically
I have a table filled with information on different salesperson. Currently, to give them updates on their customers, I sort them in excel, then copy each single salesperson's data from the mastersheet into another excel files, save it and then email it to them. Is there a way in access to query each one of the sales people's info, sort by a field and then export each one of their data separately to excel? I hope this is clear. Grant ...

Outlook CRM Plug-in and service manager
I am not sure how to do this, but I would assume it can be accomplished...I would like for the user installs of MSCRM Outlook plug-in for the SQL Service Manager to default to the SQL server upon logging onto that machine. Right now the the service manager waits for user intervention for what SQL server to connect to. Anyone know of how to "save" this connection for each user? ...

Mailbox manager cleanup agent skips mailboxes?
Hi, I have a pretty simple setup, a single Exchange 2003 server, single domain, only one Mailbox policy, it runs the Mailbox manager every Sunday, cleans up items in Sent Items, SPAM, and the Deleted Items folders based on age. It has run for a while now, generates a report to me, and a note to the users. Every week it cleans up about 400MB worth of messages. Lately, I received calls from a few users whose mailboxes went over the size limit, and when I look at the report, I find it didn't run the cleanup agent on that mailbox. I don't see it documented anywhere, but now it's a chic...

Ex2003: Clear out Queue using something other than System Manager?
I have a number of emails in the Exchange System Manager Queue that are destined for either domains that do not exist, or contain NDRs for domains that are mispelled(hotmaill.com). When I try to view the messages within each domain listing they come back as ghost emails. What I mean by that is that I cannot manually remove them by selecting to "find messages" and then "delete w/o NDR". The messages don't appear to have any destination address in them so they clog up the queue. None of these emails show up in the Bad Mail or Queue folders when viewed with a command pr...

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...