Payables Encumbrance

I have focused on the government sector for quite some time now, and it
appears we need to enhance the Payables Management module to include the
ability to Encumbering a budget from PM.  Right now, it happens at the PO
level, but they don't want to always have to create a PO to encumber a
budget.   This comes up every time we meet with a government entity.

--

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=926331fe-f78a-4c18-b9c6-b000831d8d79&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

Payables Entries Missing
A user created an invoice in PM and paid it. When we look at the G/L, we can't find any entries in the cash account, the payables account, or the expense account. When we look at the checkbook and the vendor, the entries are there. I have: Looked for stuck batches in Batch Recovery - none. Looked for any batches in Financial and Purchasing - none. Ran a Financial and Purchasing reconcile. Ran checklinks - no errors. Checked posting status - it could have been set at 'to' only, I changed to 'to' and 'through'. Ran a test invoice - it worked - amounts are in ...

Applied payment in payables with no payment
We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When we re-opened GP there are a number of invoices showing completely applied, even though the payment was deleted. I have run reconcile, check links and no difference. Too much work has been done to consider a restore - any other ideas? Thanks Gloria, You can go to sql enterprise manager and update the CURTRXAMT to zero (or the outstanding amount) in table PM20000. Gerald "Gloria" wrote: > We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When > we re-opened GP there are a...

aging payables and historical aging payables report
Hi, I am wondering what is the difference between these two reports. sometimes i get the same total amounts and others i find the total different on each report. I tought that the historical aging report will show only transactions with "history" status,but unfortunately this not the case. le me rephrase my qestion...if i want to reconcile my gl with AP or AR which report i should use ? many thanks Bryan, The main difference between these 2 reports is that the historical one checks both open and historical tables for data, while the other one only checks the open tables. If ...

Payable Distribution
Hello, When posting a payable transaction and payment at same time, (Transactions>>Purchasing>>Transaction Entry). What will trigger the distribution for the transaction not saved? We noticed that sometimes after posting payable invoice with payment and go to inquiry, the distribution for both invoice and payment are blank. Sometimes when the payable invoice and payment were posted from the same window, and distribution is available at payable distribution zoom. Thanks When a Cash/Check/Credit Card amount is entered in this screen for the full amount of the invoice, GP ...

Payables on Hold
Is there a way (report, inquiry) to get a list of transactions that are on hold, other than smartlists? Nope. What's wrong with the Smartlist? Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Or go to report writer, add the pm open table to the report. Restrict by Hold = true and anything else you want. Now run the report from RW or from the custom reports list or window. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob Harrison" <BobHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

RTV to Payables
Hello, When we complete the RTV Shipping process within Field Service and the Payables Credit Memo is automatically created, do we have the option to have only one Payables document created for one RTV document instead of an individual Payables Credit Memo being created for each LINE on the RTV document? Thanks! Jeff ...

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

payables transactions
How do i apply a partial payment to an invoice that had already been entered? I can make a partial payment at the initial stage of entering the invoice but, once the remaining amount remains, I don't know how to make another payment from that remaining amount? Please help. -- willsjada Try: Transactions >> Purchasing >> Apply Documents "irmaine (Willsjada)" wrote: > How do i apply a partial payment to an invoice that had already been entered? > I can make a partial payment at the initial stage of entering the invoice > but, once the remainin...

IM
Hello, I'm new with Integration Manager. I'm having a hard time understanding how to set up the import of the distribution accounts. Here is what I am doing already. Within GP, I have the Payables account defaulting in all PM transactions. Within IM, the source excel file contains the PURCH accounts. Everything flows into GP fine but the Payables account does not default in as I would expect. Do I need to integrate this distribution as well? How do I do that? -- Thanks! Hello Cheryl, In the Destination Mapping for the Payables distribution options tab, change the type t...

Payables
I have a customer who is trying to void a payment that is fully applied When they select the document and click on the void button - they get the message 'You can't choose this document because it is part of a recoverable batch or is still in the process of posting. All the transactions for the supplier are in history and there do not appear to be any batches in recovery. Any suggestions would be appreciated Jean -- JB Run this script to see if table shows a UserID has the batch locked. USE DYNAMICS SELECT * FROM SY00800 When you go into batch it creates a row in table SY00800 ...

Payables Issue
Ok So I know I am having a bad but I can't figure this issue out. User went in to Selct Checks (By the way this is V10) to run the check batch and in error allowed all the credits on an account to auto apply. Then she posted the batch and printed the remitanace. Of now she realizes that she should not have auto applied the credits but rather should have select certain credits and athen paid the remainder of the invoice with a check. For the life of me I can't figure out how to reverse what she has done. Any help would be appreciated. -- Fliehigh I hate those auto-applied c...

Apply Payable against Receivable
Is there current functionality in 8.0 (or 9.0) to apply an open payble to a a Receivable? We have vendors who can also be our customers. We would like to net their activity at times in an automated fashion that does not require a credit memo/debit memo in each module. Gloria, There is a module called Customer/Vendor Consolidations that does exactly this. It's been available since at least version 6.0 of GP. Not sure what licensing you're under, but this is only available for GP Professional or Advanced Management. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc....

How do you create a vendor tracking form for accounts payable pro.
I would like to use this form to keep track of vendor information for accounts payable functions (invoicing and receiving). The form would contain pertinent vendor information and automatically assign a vendor number. The vendor number could possibly be linked to a purchase order or invoice form to insure vendor tracking integrity. ...

Payables Nightmare
I am having problems between payables and general ledger. I manually post my PM transactions. It used to be monthly, but in July that all changed. At the end of July when I opened the PM batch and ran the edit to screen as normal. Imagine my surprise when 7/1 thru 7/15 transactions only had the header information and no account distribution information. I manually entered the account distribution and hoped it was a random error. In August I posted the PM batches at the middle and end of the month. The middle of the month post was fine. But the transactions for 8/20, 8/21 and half...

Add invoice to payables edit check list
We need to have the invoice number in addition to the voucher number on the detail section of the Computer Checks Edit List. Purchase Order Processing does not give a voucher number when matching invoices. Therefore, manual effort is required later to verify line items paid with the computer check selection process. This is unacceptable to customers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,...

Security Roles
user is getting a message that not priveleged to run report - within payables - what roles does a user need in order to print edit lists, but not post. In looking at the role they do have access to enter/edit payables batches; edit payables management transaxtions, enter payables management transacitons; purchasing reports; purchasing posting journals help!! Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_1EFA5D95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrea Use the Support Debugging Tool's Security Profiler to identify the resources causing the error. See post below for i...

Payables Deferrals
Posting Deferrals Transactions currently the entries CR the Rent Account and Dr the Deferrals account and are then deferred to the various periods ie: Re: for 3 months Payables Transction entered as at 29\10\2007 for dates 01\11\2007 - 31\01\2008 The initial entry as at 29\10\2007 Dr - Deferral - 6000 Cr - Rent - 6000 The deferrals entries for the following 3 months are: Dr - Rent - 2000 Cr - Deferral - 2000 What we would like the system to do is: Reverse out the original entry with the following entries Dr - Rent - 6000 Cr - Payables - 6000 Then post the current entries for the ...

Payables Posting
We just updated our client with year end update for gp 10 payroll and today when a/p was being posted client gets error Microosft needs to close, cannot continue does anyone have any issues with a/p after installing 2008 year end update. Thanks, Jim This error is consistent with a damaged forms or reports dictionary. Since you said the problem happened on posting, I would suspect the reports dictionary is damaged. You can try moving (not copy/pasting) your reports dictionary to safe location, then attempt the posting again -- you will get an error, but will still be able to bypass...

SUM OF PAYABLES DUE ON A GIVEN DATE OR RANGE
I HAVE AN ACCOUNTS PAYABLE WORK SHEET. IN COLUMN G ARE THE DATES THAT A PARTICULAR PAYABLE IS DUE, i.e. 30-APR. IN COLUMN H ARE THE AMOUNTS DUE FOR A PARTICULAR ACCOUNT, i.e. $1000.00. IN CELL F62, I NEED A FORMULA THAT WILL SUM UP THE TOTAL AMOUNT DUE ON 30-APR. SO I KNOW HOW MUCH CASH IS NEEDED ON THAT DAY TO COVER THOSE PAYABLES. IN CELL F63, I NEED A FORMULA THAT WILL SUM UP THE TOTAL AMOUNT DUE FROM 25-APR TO 30-APR SO I KNOW HOW MUCH CASH IS NEEDED DURING THAT PERIOD. If your dates due are in Column G and corresponding amounts due are in Column H, then, in Cell F62 insert the form...

Payables Integrations
I have setup a payable integration - following the sample - and set my file up just like the sample file - however, when i integrate vouchers with more than one account distribution - only one distribution line integrates. I am on GP10- any thoughts on this? Andrea, Have you setup the Distribution File properly? It should have the Dist Type, Debit Amount, Credit Amount, Doc Number, Account Number. The distribution should be such that for one document number, there will be a debit as well as credit, so, you land up having the same document number repeated for debit and credit. The ...