Payables Cheque - Promted for Printer

When printing a payables cheque (Transactions > Purchasing > Print Cheques),
after selecting Process, I am prompted to print to the screen, printer or a
file.  Is there a way to default this always to the printer & not even be
prompted for it.

Thanks

Yes, in Posting Setup (Administration>Posting>Posting) select the
Purchasing Series and Computer Checks Origin.  In the bottom section
of the window, you'll see each of the reports that print when you hit
Process.  You can de-select the ? to prevent the system from asking
for the destination, de-select the Screen icon and select the Printer
icon to default the output to the printer.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

cant see all the printers
Greetings to everybody, I m using Excell 2000...i have four network printers...but in the print dialogbox..i m not able to see anyprinters...but from word, powerpoint..and rest all softwares...i m able to see...wats the probe? if i need to print on any printers...first i have to set that printer as default...then i have to say print...thats it... one more thing....there are around 10pc...some have windows 2000 prof..and one is with win98..and the probe is with on the pc having win98se....should i have to format and re-install win98??? i have also un-install and reinstall....printers...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

specific printer
I have many different reports, and 2 different type printers (Dot Matrix & Laserjet)I set the each page property to use a specfic printer, everything was fine. I've just installed the Access 2007, and Form A + B + C....used to print out reports from Dot Matrix but now print out from the laserjet, so I reset the property select the Dot Matrix printer, and print the report. Now the next day I open database, print the report it all go back to the Laserjet printer, only the from B stay with Dot matrix printer, why? any idea..please help Carol, if you're using VBA, here's h...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

Allow printing of X and Z report to printers other than Receipt
We just installed MS POS (not RMS) at a small store and think it would be beneficial if we could configure the printers and report content for running X and Z reports. Right now, the fixed default is the Receipt printer but when you run a report, the receipt ends of being about 16 inches long and a lot of the data isn't necessary depending on what time of day you're running the reports. Frankly, it's a waste of paper for not that much information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes....

Payables Entries Missing
A user created an invoice in PM and paid it. When we look at the G/L, we can't find any entries in the cash account, the payables account, or the expense account. When we look at the checkbook and the vendor, the entries are there. I have: Looked for stuck batches in Batch Recovery - none. Looked for any batches in Financial and Purchasing - none. Ran a Financial and Purchasing reconcile. Ran checklinks - no errors. Checked posting status - it could have been set at 'to' only, I changed to 'to' and 'through'. Ran a test invoice - it worked - amounts are in ...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

Applied payment in payables with no payment
We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When we re-opened GP there are a number of invoices showing completely applied, even though the payment was deleted. I have run reconcile, check links and no difference. Too much work has been done to consider a restore - any other ideas? Thanks Gloria, You can go to sql enterprise manager and update the CURTRXAMT to zero (or the outstanding amount) in table PM20000. Gerald "Gloria" wrote: > We were applying a manual payment and had a glitch - (not responding) When > we re-opened GP there are a...

Ithaca printer
Clients is RMS with HQ, using mostly Epson printers. They have a couple of Ithaca printers they are trying to use. We could not get the printers to work and called Ithaca for support on them. Everytime they try to get the Ithaca printer to work, they can no longer launch POS, MGR any of the shortscuts. Has anyone run into this happening. Can anyone help with using Ithaca printers with RMS. I will be out of the office so please respond to mdickson@cargas.com Thanks ...

Windows 7 plug and play printer install
I just finished updating a printer driver for Windows 7. It installs fine if I "add printer" manually, but when I try the Plug And Play, Windows 7 pops up a balloon that says "new hardware found", and tells me it is looking for the driver for the device, and then it says it can't find the driver. The hardware wizard never prompts me for the location of the driver files. As far as I can tell, it only looks at the Windows update site for the driver. How do I get Windows 7 to prompt me to specify where the driver INF and files are located? Where are th...

aging payables and historical aging payables report
Hi, I am wondering what is the difference between these two reports. sometimes i get the same total amounts and others i find the total different on each report. I tought that the historical aging report will show only transactions with "history" status,but unfortunately this not the case. le me rephrase my qestion...if i want to reconcile my gl with AP or AR which report i should use ? many thanks Bryan, The main difference between these 2 reports is that the historical one checks both open and historical tables for data, while the other one only checks the open tables. If ...

Printer Install
I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During the software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows; Could not start the print spooler service on local computer. Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start. Any further info needed from me? Any ideas? Jerry On 08/04/2010 05:16 PM, Jerry wrote: > I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During the > software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Pri...

Payable Distribution
Hello, When posting a payable transaction and payment at same time, (Transactions>>Purchasing>>Transaction Entry). What will trigger the distribution for the transaction not saved? We noticed that sometimes after posting payable invoice with payment and go to inquiry, the distribution for both invoice and payment are blank. Sometimes when the payable invoice and payment were posted from the same window, and distribution is available at payable distribution zoom. Thanks When a Cash/Check/Credit Card amount is entered in this screen for the full amount of the invoice, GP ...

Not printing partial cheques
Operating System XP - Money 2003. When trying to print a cheque on a partial sheet (1 or 2 cheques left of sheet of 3) there is nothing printed at all. Same problem on various laer printers. Cannot find any useful help on this anywhere. What kind of printer. Look at the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;117505 "ML" <purcell@tandemrl.com> wrote in message news:00bc01c377be$2796c630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Operating System XP - Money 2003. When trying to print a > cheque on a partial sheet (1 or 2 cheques left of sheet > o...

PDF printer recommendations
Hi all, I am looking for a PDF printer driver to convert Publisher 2003 newsletters to PDF. I have been reading the posts on this ng and have noticed that there are various products around. I have used PDF995 before, but not with Publisher. My intention is to produce the newsletter, send it to a printer and have him produce a paper newsletter. He mentioned DeskPDF, but before I go ahead with this product I want to ask here. Thank you for your time and assistance. Saga Saga wrote: > I have been reading the posts on this ng and have noticed that there are various > products around...

Payables on Hold
Is there a way (report, inquiry) to get a list of transactions that are on hold, other than smartlists? Nope. What's wrong with the Smartlist? Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Or go to report writer, add the pm open table to the report. Restrict by Hold = true and anything else you want. Now run the report from RW or from the custom reports list or window. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob Harrison" <BobHarrison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it the.
How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a default printer and can print from other programs. The best answers to EXCEL questions will be found in an EXCEL newsgroup. Select EXCEL from the list on the left, then select a subitem associated with your query, such as Printing. Be sure to describe exactly what happens when you try to select the new printer. -- "Pat SP" <Pat SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8812E94C-FE3A-4DD8-867F-45640BD66D3A@microsoft.com... > How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a defaul...

Payables Invoice Due Date
I have a bunch of payable invoices that have dues date in the far away future. instead of the user typing 2003, they have put 2030. The voucher has been posted, but becuase the date is in the future, it did not apply and it still shows up on my aged trial balance report even though we have already payed it. I have gone into the tables and changed the due date back to 2003, but this still did not fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Darren, You're saying that you have invoices that are fully applied, so when you look at them in Vendor Inquiry they have an 'Origin' of H...

RTV to Payables
Hello, When we complete the RTV Shipping process within Field Service and the Payables Credit Memo is automatically created, do we have the option to have only one Payables document created for one RTV document instead of an individual Payables Credit Memo being created for each LINE on the RTV document? Thanks! Jeff ...

Printer won't stop printing!
My printer won't stop printing no matter what I click on: pause; cancel, etc, and the icon is gone from my toolbar, what is going on? How do I fix it? Thank you. ...

Forms Printer
Has anyone heard of an additional feature called Forms Printer? My understanding is that it works similar to Integration Manager but takes forms from Crystal and integrates them into Great Plains. If you have heard of this and know where I can find documentation on it please let me know. Forms Printer is writtne by Acocuntable Software. I have attahced a link to the information: http://www.accountable.com/FormsPrinter.asp?Product=Forms%20Printer "Ally" wrote: > Has anyone heard of an additional feature called Forms Printer? My > understanding is that it works sim...