Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value

Hello:

When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen
(GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks
getting created with a value of $0.  We do not have any invoices in the
system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from
happening.  Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0
value checks in order for the batch to post.

Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated?

This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by
manual payment, so the system creates a zero dollar check (which will
not actually print a check) so that a remittance is generated (so you
will get the print remittance window).

Best thing is to let them run through, and print the remittances if
needed (or skip that step and choose to post).
Take care,
Christina

0
turtlesoup00
11/19/2009 12:57:50 AM
Another alternative is to load the PSTL dictionary.
There is a 'PM Minimum Check' facility that can be used within any company.
This is a 'free' option, so can be used when the 'demo' key is entered.
Once the PSTL is loaded, open the Select Check window. From the Additional
menu bar set a minimum check amount of at least one cent.
The PSTL (Professional Services Tools Library) dictionary will need to be
loaded onto all workstations. The minimum check amount is recorded in the
DEX.INI, not within the database.

------
Robert

<turtlesoup00@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by
> manual payment, so the system creates a zero dollar check (which will
> not actually print a check) so that a remittance is generated (so you
> will get the print remittance window).
>
> Best thing is to let them run through, and print the remittances if
> needed (or skip that step and choose to post).
> Take care,
> Christina

0
Robert

how to get the lenth and offset of paragraph?
To All: I have a pragram ,here only is a example similar to My pragram �� these are some data : AAAA this is a test! here is the content of AAAA. BBBB this is a test,I want to know that between AAAA and BBBB lenth . CCCC this is a test! here how can I know CCCC excursion is what relative to AAAA�� best regards! Terrcy Application : SDI View : Derived from CEditView. Menu item added : Calculate Length Paste paragraph mentioned in your mail in view.. be sure to remove any leading blank spaces before 4 BBBB line... Imp...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

XSL Transform
I'm learning how to use the XSL transform functionality and can't get it to work. In a book I'm reading on it, it says that I can do like I did below and just add a value like <root_node/> in there and I should be able to transform any XML source document I have so that the results would simply contain <root_node/>. I wanted to try that, just so I could see if I understand how this is working and wrote the code and XSL file below. However, my value for szTransformedXML is always an empty string. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's a method I wrote ...

Getting the number of processors
What's the best way to get the number of processors? I was thinking of just getting it from the environment variable. -- Thanks. "Saucer Man" <saucerman@nospam.net> wrote in message news:uLnKelwiKHA.1572@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What's the best way to get the number of processors? I was thinking of > just getting it from the environment variable. If WMI is an option then this may be a start: Sub main() MsgBox "Count processors=" & CountProcessors & vbCrLf & _ "Query processors=" & QueryProcessor...

running check link #2
Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. What in particular are you looking for? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com "Anav" wrote: > Does anyone have a Information about the Check Links Analytical Accounting > process in Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. > > > I have a client who ran the routine of links analytical accounting, after this genre hav...

Getting Price Updates
I have the same mutual fund in two accounts -- one taxable and one in an IRA. The program will not let me use the same exchange symbol on the two different investments. Is there a way to work around this? In microsoft.public.money, Jim wrote: >I have the same mutual fund in two accounts -- one taxable and one in an IRA. > The program will not let me use the same exchange symbol on the two >different investments. Is there a way to work around this? Create a security only once. Thereafter choose it from the drop-down list. "Jim" <Jim @discussions.microsoft.com>...

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

How to get current USERID in a SQL trigger?
We are writing a SQL trigger that will notify us when changes are made to a particular table. Unfortunately, this table does not have a column like "MODIFIEDBY". Isn't there a global variable that I can access from within a SQL trigger that will return the current Great Plains userid? You can use 'User ID' of globals to get the current user id. "Ken A" wrote: > We are writing a SQL trigger that will notify us when changes are made to a > particular table. Unfortunately, this table does not have a column like > "MODIFIEDBY". Isn't ...

Change Range In COUNTIF Formula Based On Value In A Cell
Hopefully I can make this clear. I have a formula in which I have to change the range in which I am performing a COUNTIF. Here's the formula. =(COUNTIF($J8:$J28,"A"))+(COUNTIF($J8:$J28,"C")) Essentially what I am doing is copying this formula down the worksheet. What it is doing is looking at the next 21 line items and counting how many are equal to A or C. That part works fine and I've got everything going great. Problem is, I want to dynamically change the number of line items I perform the lookup on. Essentially I want to have cell A1 contain a value that...

Unable to get email w/o entering user name / passwrd each time
I recently reloaded Outlook 2000 on to a new PC machine running WIndows XP - home edition. I configured a new email account using standard procedures, now everytime I want to send / receive email I'm prompted to enter my user name and password. Even though all the (save password) boxes are checked, Outlook requires me to re-enter each time. I'm also encountering the same problem on select websites where the user name / password has been selected for memory. Any ideas? ...

Formattiing and spell check
I have recently updated from Office 2000 to Office 2003. In Word 2003 how can I stop all the automatic formatting. The program keeps changing the tab set and the margins when I try to set up my own format....it seems to have a mind of its own. I often make lists using 1,2,3.. or a, b, c... but the program changes what I type and then changes the margins, etc. Also in Word 2000 I could keep "undoing" to restore the document to an earlier saved version and now I seem to only be able to undo the last change. Is there a way to reset "undo"? Also, I hit ...

using a check box to display text from a list
Excel 2003 I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Roger W wrote: > Excel 2003 > I am trying to use a check box to display a category (Text) from a > list in a cell and have tried code based on an "if structure" with no > success. Has anyone got any suggestions. Hi Roger, Try to post the code you used, so we can suggest how to modify... -- Thanks in advance for your feedback. Ciao Franz Verga from Italy ...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

return value from access into excel based on criteria or content
I have two unique challenges that I need help figuring out: 1. I have an access database of names Example: Name: Van Gogh, Vincent I have an excel sheet that has Name but may have incorrect spelling or variances. Example: Name: VanGogh, Vincent Vincent Van Gogh Van Go Vincent (etc) I would like to find a way to pull in the correct value for name and title from access into excel based on exact match, close match or keyword. 2. I would also like to do the same for name and title combination. Example- access database has Name and Title Name: Van Gogh Title: Starry Night the excel sheet...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Compatibility Check
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I use an iMac with OSX 10.4.11. I have Office 2008 and have been using it since December 2008 with not problems. Yesterday, it has started to run a compatibility check each time I save a new document. I opened the Word Preferences/Compatibility Check item and unchecked the test button. I never turned it on, so I do not know how it got checked in the first place. I know that I did not check it.. In any case, it still requires a compatibility check each time I try to save a new document (or an older document if U make re...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

Blank Check Stock
Is it possible to create an AP and Payroll check format that uses completely blank stock (from staples or office depot) without using third party software? I would need to print the check, account and transit # on the bottom of the check for magnetic reading. Mike, This is not possible out-of-the-box in GP. You would have to use third party software to accomplish it. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52DCE87B-23CC-4015-91BA-F7F7379C61DF@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to crea...

Spell Check 02-07-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I make sure the &quot;Add&quot; button is always available when checking spelling? It's there for some words, but not for others. Ensure that your Custom Dictionary is set to "No Language". If you set the custom dictionary to English US, then come to some text pasted from a web page that was marked with English UK, Word's spelling checker will be operating in English UK for hat piece of text. If there is only one custom dictionary, and it's marked as English US, wh...

Get paid for posting in MyLot
Join mylot for free and start discussions on any subject that you like. Get paid for posting and starting discussions on MyLot. If you want to make some spare cash online, this site is for you. All you need is either a paypal or e-gold account to receive the payout. http://www.mylot.com/?ref=invitation ...

Payables Entries Missing
A user created an invoice in PM and paid it. When we look at the G/L, we can't find any entries in the cash account, the payables account, or the expense account. When we look at the checkbook and the vendor, the entries are there. I have: Looked for stuck batches in Batch Recovery - none. Looked for any batches in Financial and Purchasing - none. Ran a Financial and Purchasing reconcile. Ran checklinks - no errors. Checked posting status - it could have been set at 'to' only, I changed to 'to' and 'through'. Ran a test invoice - it worked - amounts are in ...

Sort by Large, Offset from Match, Duplicate values problem
Heya all, I have a large list of dynamic data, which I am organizing in different ways. I realize this can all be done in PivotTables, but we have to do this the olde fashioned way. The table I am drawing the info from looks roughly like this: Worksheet: DATA Player Buy-In Cash-Out Difference # Times entered Joe SHMOE $930 $900 $30 1 Sam DOG $0 $0 $0 0 Peter BLAH $100 $1000 $900 22 Doug FINN $500 $0 $500 22 I am using =LARGE, =SMALL on the columns to sort the data, and then MATCH...

Money auto reconciling checking acct details
I'm having trouble getting Money to stop automatically marking online exports from my bank as reconciled. The option for this in the tools section in unchecked, so why does it keep doing it? I don't want things reconciled until I do it when statement arrives. In microsoft.public.money, bfr57 wrote: >I'm having trouble getting Money to stop automatically marking online exports >from my bank as reconciled. The option for this in the tools section in >unchecked, so why does it keep doing it? I don't want things reconciled >until I do it when statement arriv...

Can I obtain x values from y values on an Excel chart?
I've constructed an exponential curve, is there a function whereby I can enter new y values to obtain the corresponding x values, instead of having to print it off and read off manually? Many thanks from a novice -Helen Moore if Y=A*Exp(BX); then Ln(Y) - Ln(A) = BX or X= (Ln(Y) -Ln(A))/B Also remember you can use LOGEST or LINEST to extract the trendline coefficients into cells rather than copying them form equation on chart; see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/ExponentialTrendline&%20LOGEST.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes...