Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value

Hello:

When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen
(GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks
getting created with a value of $0.  We do not have any invoices in the
system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from
happening.  Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0
value checks in order for the batch to post.

Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated?

This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by
manual payment, so the system creates a zero dollar check (which will
not actually print a check) so that a remittance is generated (so you
will get the print remittance window).

Best thing is to let them run through, and print the remittances if
needed (or skip that step and choose to post).
Take care,
Christina

0
turtlesoup00
11/19/2009 12:57:50 AM
Another alternative is to load the PSTL dictionary.
There is a 'PM Minimum Check' facility that can be used within any company.
This is a 'free' option, so can be used when the 'demo' key is entered.
Once the PSTL is loaded, open the Select Check window. From the Additional
menu bar set a minimum check amount of at least one cent.
The PSTL (Professional Services Tools Library) dictionary will need to be
loaded onto all workstations. The minimum check amount is recorded in the
DEX.INI, not within the database.

------
Robert

<turtlesoup00@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by
> manual payment, so the system creates a zero dollar check (which will
> not actually print a check) so that a remittance is generated (so you
> will get the print remittance window).
>
> Best thing is to let them run through, and print the remittances if
> needed (or skip that step and choose to post).
> Take care,
> Christina

0
Robert

Campaigns in CRM 4.0
Hi Is it possible to view activities and history in a campaign just like other things in crm - contacts and accounts. I checked the settings - customization and notes and activities option is checked but I dont see activities and history as a navigation option under campaigns. Also can i track an email against a campaign and not a campaign activity? Greatly appreciate some help. Regards ...

import data from works 3.0 on windows 3.1
I am trying to save some files for a woman who's husband just died and left all his business inventory in an old format. The files where created in an old DOS database program called PowerBase. I can export the files as several different formats and open them in Windows 3.1 (on the same machine). I then export them to TAB delimited txt files. The problem is when I transfer them to a "new" machine (windows XPPro) I can't open them in excel. I believe the problem is with the txt encoding type used by Works 3.0 in windows 3.1. If I open them in notepad on the XPPro machi...

Where can I get VSI1.1
It seems like MS have hidden/remove all or part of the pages that used to have links to VSI1.1. On 03/06/2010 06:35, Leo wrote: > It seems like MS have hidden/remove all or part of the pages that used > to have links to VSI1.1. Do you really need it?? I scrapped it in favour of Inno years ago. http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Setups The only link I have is also dead. -- Dee Earley (dee.earley@icode.co.uk) i-Catcher Development Team iCode Systems (Replies direct to my email address will be ignored. Please reply to the group.) Leo <ttdhead@gmail.com> wrot...

Data Values
Can anyone tell me how to create my data values to show the total of the data points instead of each individual data point? MS wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to create my data values to show > the total of the data points instead of each individual > data point? Are you attempting to label each point of the chart with a total? If so, you can create a helper cell (or cells) with the total that you want displayed on the chart. Then use the XY chart labeler from www.appspro.com to label your data points with the cells you just created. Dave dvt at psu dot edu I will look into ...

Can you sum multiple values within one cell?
I have a simple question: I am entering amounts for invoices and in some cases, the invoices may have multiple account numbers and associated dollar amounts. What I have been doing is pressing ALT +ENTER to have the cursor return down one row, and then I enter the associated amount. So the record looks something like this? A3 A4 12.50 63-400-210 36.75 65-200-200 The 12.50 and 36.75 are in one cell, say A3 and then the associated accounts are in A4. I am wondering if there is any way that I can have the 12.50 and 36.75 added up, preferably at the bottom of the sheet, such ...

CRM 3.0 Laptop client setup fails: Length less than 0
The installation of the laptop client version fails. In the dialog for defining the installation directory, I press "Next", then an error message appears: "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: Length". (The error message is translated from Norwegian, and may differ slightly from the English version). It is not possible to proceed with the installation afterwords. The laptop client is successfully installed on two other laptops prior to this one. Any suggestions? ...

.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE
My Windows 2000 system suddenly started giving this error message whenever I log in. I do not launch Excel before getting this error: ..NET-BroadcastEventWindow.1.0.5000.0.2f: EXCEL.EXE - Application Error The instruction at "0x308f3c7c" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program Click CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel] Why am I getting this error, and how can I fix it? I noticed that after I click OK, Task Manager shows one or two copies of EXCEL.EXE still running. But I did not (knowingly) ...

Baseline 0
Does EPM Project Center only show baseline 0 or the latest baseline. MK -- By default, it shows the Baseline set of fields, which you refer to as Baseline 0. This means it shows Baseline Start, Baseline Finish, Baseline Duration, Baseline Work, and Baseline Cost in default Project Center views. Because of this, I recommend that you use the Baseline set of fields for the operrating Baseline in the project, and use the Baseline1 through Baseline10 fields as a place to back up your operating Baseline for historical purposes before you rebaseline a project, such as after a major ...

How to get Cell contents in scrollbar mouseover, not cell#
Hello all - I have a large Xcel 2000 file with last names in column 'A'. I'd like to use the scroll bar and see the actual cell value rather than the cell# in the mouseover, as the cell# is not terrifically valuable information. Any hints or insights would help. Thanks and regards, Bob ...

Filter 2nd form based on field value of 1st form
Hi there, I have a mainform with 3 subforms included. On the first subform there is a combobox field [CboEquipmment]. When I press a button I would like to have another form opened that is filtered so that it shows only the relevant records. The first form name is SubfrmEquipment and is based on a table TblEquipment. The 2nd form is named FrmFunction and is also based on the TblEquipment. The 2nd form is a continous form. I hope that I have explained the situation so that someone can help me with this. Any help is much appreciated! Yara On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:13:01 -080...

Tab color change on specific value
In Excel 2007, I have a workbook with several sheets. On some of the sheets, there are timer cells i.e. columns of cells with start, duration, end (start + duration), and time_until_done (end - now). The time_until_done is conditionally formatted to highlight any that are completed, but this presumes that I have to go to each sheet and do a manual recalculation (if no automatic recalculations have been done). So I thought it would be nice if the tabs could be highlighted if they need attention. So I put the following in the code for each sheet about which I want to be notifi...

check printing #3
I have a client that just reinstalled money after a hard drive crash on a XP pro machine. He has the problem where not all of the output for a sheet of checks is printing. Only about a 2" x 3" block prints. I found the article in the knowledge base that refers to this problem. I have looked everwhere I can to find out where this paper size is set. I have looked in money print settings and control panel settings. I even checked the control pannel of the hp laserjet. I can't find it set any where. any thoughts thanks cliff And the version of Money in question is??? And (...

Why is my favorite folders pane gone? How do I get it back?
They say you can't do this. In the little buttons on the bottom, click on the envelope that corresponds to "Mail." That will get the view back that has the favorite folders and all mail folder in it. Click on the little folder to go to regular folder view. Cappy "zfolwick" <zfolwick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EB8D60-5483-4978-80C4-38A6DD598E91@microsoft.com... > They say you can't do this. Geez. . . so. . . it's a problem with the ID 10 T working the keyboard that's taking the short bus. Thanks, man. "Cappy&q...

Graphing With Large Variation In Values
I'm trying to make a simple bar graph to display the results of some data that has 10 data sets. However, there is one data set that has a much higher value that the other nine. The result is that the data sets with lower values all appear to be the same value and her hardly distinguishable because the scale is set by the highest data set. Is there a way to "cut out" the middle section of a bar graph that will show the smaller data sets with better resolution? Thanks in advance Hi see: http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/index.html http://peltiert...

Request.TotalBytes always 0
Hello, I have an aspx page which is posting xml content to another asp.net page, but the request.length is always 0. I think there should be something there. below is the code for the requesting page and consuming page. Does anyone have any insight? Thanks. //CLIENT PAGE string xml = "<foo />"; string uri = string.Concat("http://localhost/consume-req.aspx); byte[] bytes = Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(xml); HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uri); // integrated security request.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; request.Me...

Actual work reported by resources in PWA gets overwritten
We are using PS 2007, resources submitting actual work via PWA "My Task". PM accepts changes. In some cases we have noticed that actual has been overwritten by numbers with lots of decimals (looks like some sort of automatic leveling). In the approval history I still see original figures. In admin we have settings protecting actual work. Where can this be coming from and how to get correct numbers back? Thanks in advance Vera This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060607060308000306050003 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Co...

Accessing a Profile Value from a Class
Working in a web...How can I access a Profile value from a Class? I've tried positng this the appropriate group with no luck. In the future try to think what newsgroup would be best to have the discussion such as the news://microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet for example because your asking about functionality the framework provides to us rather than a C# language problem. Maybe not thinking enough about the task is part of the problem your having? You sure did not give anybody enough information to respond to. "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in...

Filtering using form field value
I have a query and require to filter it using a value set in a form. (this part i can do) however if no value is selected in the field i want the report to show all records that do not contain a blank/null. could someone show me an example of the code please for access 2K. thanks The simplest solution is to omit the criteria from the query. You probably have a form already where you enter the criteria for the report. If you add a command button to open the report, you can build the WhereCondition string so that it filters the report only if the user enters something, i.e. if there'...

Spell check a protected spreadsheet
I have created a template spreadsheet and locked & protected some calc cells. But the user now need to spell check the spreadsheet, but it is not available while the spreadsheet is protected. Is there any way this can be resolved, withouth unprotecting the sheet. Thanks Emma dump it into word and run a spell check there then manually change the spreadsheet "Emma" wrote: > I have created a template spreadsheet and locked & protected some calc cells. > But the user now need to spell check the spreadsheet, but it is not > available while the spreadsheet is p...

How do I get my product key
How do I get my product key cause i already have microsoft office on my computer but it wont let me open it with out my product key. Then it said to put the product key on the bottom of my computer so i didnt BUT it didnt work so what do i do? I NEED HELP!!!! On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 16:50:00 -0800, denton142011@yahoo.com <denton142011@yahoo.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not on the bottom of the computer, on the Office media itself. -Tom. >How do I get my product key cause i already have microsoft office on my >computer but it wont let me open it with out my product key. ...

hide colum based on cell value on each worksheets
I have a workbook with several worksheets. I am trying to write a VBA macro that would look at row 5 to see if any cells indicate "Hide column". If it does, it would hide all the columns indicating "Hide column" on this worksheet. Then it would continue the same process to the next worksheet, and the next one ... I currently have the macro working for the individual worksheet (see below), but I would like to have it work to do all the worksheets of the workbook. Sub HideColumn() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculation...

Portal 2.0 export to excel non functional
Has anyone else run into issues with BP where the sharepoint base 'export to excel' functionality does not work ? I have talked to MS product support for BP, and Sharepoint and at the end of much 'try this/try that' they have told me to reinstall. Well, thats all well and fine but the users have in the meantime placed significant content on the system and I am not yet comfortable with backup and restoring this system. More worrisome is the fact that attempting to create a test box installed in the exact same fashion as the first to test restoring resulted in a non-fun...

Can't check selection boxes
Hello, I am working with an excel form that is provided by a state agency for a specific type of report. In this form there is one worksheet with check boxes to select for GPS data. I can select these boxes fine from my computer and others; however, these boxes will not check/uncheck on a new coworker's computer for whom I am trying to show how to fill out the form. I have searched this site as well as google and haven't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Excel version is same? Maybe the form needs macros to be enabled? Can you ...

Check Number
I have three companies setup. Each company has one bank - which we use both for payroll and Payables. The bank and the check books are setup identically. On one of the companies, the "next check number" field does not update after posting checks. The user has to manually override the next check number everytime they print checks. Thanks Is the same user printing checks for all companies? Are the checks printed and posting attempted immediately? Is posting completing properly? Is the one company with the problem much older? Could the check numbers be duplicating existing ...

How can I get more clip-art in a similar style to one I found?
I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a "family." I can't find out how to see the rest of the family. Can anyone tell me how? I saw another post that references style numbers, but I don't know the style number for the one I want. Right click on the clip art and view the properties. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "concordkimberly" <concordkimberly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60085FF-C87F-489D-9BDB-2B7EB64FE502@microsoft.com... >I have found a clip-art that appears to have several more in a &q...