Payables Batch error

Hi All,

While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the
following error message:
Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch

To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and
recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery
window.  When we try to view the payables batch
(Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check
Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message:
This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch id
window. There the status is stuck as I said in Check processing.

 I would like you to get the batch status set back to normal, or recover the
batch so that we can edit it, and also resolve the duplicate check error
message.  One solution to this might be to set GP to allow printing checks
with duplicate numbers but we do not want to do that, so we will have to
somehow make sure all the check numbers in the batch have unique check
numbers.

Going through the Newsgroup i found some info
Check to see if the following tables in SQL have any entries:

tempdb..DEX_LOCK
tempdb..DEX_SESSION
DYNAMICS..SY00800
DYNAMICS..SY00801

If they do AND if all users are out of the system, you can delete the
entries in all of these tables.

2. Check the COMPANY..SY00500 table - where company is your GP company
database.  With all users out of the system all the rows should have zeros
in the following columns:

MKDTOPST
BCHSTTUS
ERRSTATE

We have wrong entries here. MKDTPOST is 1 BCHSTTUS is 100. and ERRSTATE is 0.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
0
Sheg (4)

If the batch number for the line with the error values you listed is the
batch you are trying to post, set all of these values=0.  I can be that
simple.

The Batch Status of 100 means the batch is posting computer checks!

Visit us at Convergence in San Diego -- Booth 624
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Sheg" wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> While trying to run Payables Checks (In payables management) we got the
> following error message:
> Duplicate check numbers exist for checks in batch
>
> To resolve this error, we closed out of the windows so that we could try and
> recover our check batch, but the batch is not available in the batch recovery
> window.  When we try to view the payables batch
> (Transactions->Purchasing->Batches), the batch status is stuck on "Check
> Processing" and when we select that batch, we get the following error message:
> This batch cannot be edited. Please check the batch status in Batch id
> window. There the status is stuck as I said in Check processing.
>
>  I would like you to get the batch status set back to normal, or recover the
> batch so that we can edit it, and also resolve the duplicate check error
> message.  One solution to this might be to set GP to allow printing checks
> with duplicate numbers but we do not want to do that, so we will have to
> somehow make sure all the check numbers in the batch have unique check
> numbers.
>
> Going through the Newsgroup i found some info
> Check to see if the following tables in SQL have any entries:
>
> tempdb..DEX_LOCK
> tempdb..DEX_SESSION
> DYNAMICS..SY00800
> DYNAMICS..SY00801
>
> If they do AND if all users are out of the system, you can delete the
> entries in all of these tables.
>
> 2. Check the COMPANY..SY00500 table - where company is your GP company
> database.  With all users out of the system all the rows should have zeros
> in the following columns:
>
> MKDTOPST
> BCHSTTUS
> ERRSTATE
>
> We have wrong entries here. MKDTPOST is 1 BCHSTTUS is 100. and ERRSTATE is 0.
>
> Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
0
info4071 (3004)

Mail Delivery error ....exchange 2003
Hi All, We have exchange 2003 server on windows 2003. We can send and receive mail to yahoo, gmail, hotmail ............ But the problem is when we are sending mails to aol.com and y2marketing.com mails are returning with Undeliverable message. The mail shows: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Leverage your proven marketing programs Sent: 5/22/2006 11:45 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: wpawluk@y2marketing.com on 5/22/2006 12:36 PM The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a...

Error trying to install the Outlook Client
When trying to install the Outlook Desktop Client, we get the following error message on the environmental check screen... "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Setup. Overflow or underflow in the arithmetic operation" Has anyone encountered this before? If so, how did you overcome it? Jack Bender ...

How to edit a continuous subform's recordset in batch
Hello: I have a main form with a continuous sub form. Suppose the main form is bound to the Orders table and the sub forms is bound to the Order Details table. In the main form's oncurrent event, I use the following code to make the subform synchronous to the main form Me.subform.form.filter = "OrderDetails.orderID = me.orderID" me.subform.form.filteron = true There are about 10 rows in the subform. I want to allow users to edit values on any row and append rows on the sub form, and then click the save button to save all the changes to the subform's underlying table in b...

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

macro error in Outlook client
Hello, if I make a mail merge in Outlook (CRM Laptop/Desktop Client) and the popup-window opens, I get a macro error. The script dont run. I´ve found nothing exceptionally in the configuration of outlook and internet explorer. Any Ideas? greetings, Stefan ...

Batch Email
Hi everyone, I would like to send a batch email but the email addresses are stored in access databases (which I can easily export to another format) The email will have an attachment and the addressee must be in the Bcc. How can I do that? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I would like to send a batch email but the email addresses are stored in > access databases (which I can easily export to another format) > > The email will have an attachment and the addressee must be in the Bcc. > > How can I do that? > > > Tha...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

Outlook 2003 error messages
The user is getting the following error messages when using Outlook 2003 with BCM. Managed MAPI service Catastrophic failure- Unknown error" as well as "The file Normal already exists- do you want to replace it". Any ideas on what's causing the problem or ideas to fix it? Thanks in advance. JD ...

overlapping error bars
I have created a chart which compares 2 sets of data on a line graph. I would like to add error bars to the chart, but when I do this they overlap making the chart uninterpretable. Ideally I'd like to move one line forwards or backwards along the x axis a small amount bringing the error bars out of phase with each other. I have not found a way of doing this using excel - does anyone know how to do this or any other way around this problem? thanks, Graham DOH! I have found the answer already from a previous post and have solved the problem by using an x-y chart instead of a line chart....

error: 1026 JET_errRecordTooBig
Hi, On all domaincontrollers in our Windows 2003 environment, the following error occurs since one week: Internal error: The security descriptor propagation task encountered an error while processing the following object. The propagation of security descriptors may not be possible until the problem is corrected. Object: CN=internal 79219437,CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,DC=bnl,DC=capgemini,DC=com Additional Data Error value: -1026 JET_errRecordTooBig, Record larger than maximum size Internal ID: 20903d5 We use Exchange 2003 sp1, with all hotfixes applied. Backend is clus...

error 2176
I have looked on this forum for this error, and the solutions haven't worked for me (guessing my code is a bit different). Basically, i want to load the values of a table into a combo box for selection, which did work before, but now i have exceeded the 2000 character limit on the string (i have taken over from someone else who worked on this form before, so did not forsee this problem until it happened) Here is the code to populate the combobox i use: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSource As String Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(&...

Circular reference error
Hi Guys, Using Excel 2000. I have a workbook that is already saved. When I open the workbook I get this error. MS Excel cannot calculate a formula. There is a circular reference in an open workbook, but the references that cause it cannot be listed for you. Try editing the last formula you entered or removing it with the Undo command. Problem is, I don't know what I did last. There are about 8 sheets. How do I figure out which formula is a circular reference? I don't even know what that is, I am pretty much a beginner in excel. My formulas are not really formulas, they are j...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

2003 code raises error in 2007
I have a reference in VBA to a subform of a subform, which works fine in Access 2003. In Access 2007, however, it results in "you have entered an invalid reference to the property Form/Report." This is the snippet of code: Private Sub SetFormProperties() 'called from form_open, makes all forms editable if edit mode was selected Dim ctrl As Control, ctrlSub As Control Dim frm As Form If Me.OpenArgs = "Edit" Then Set frm = Me 'set main form edit options EditProperties frm 'set subform edit options For Each ctrl In frm If ct...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Socket Notification Sink Error #2
Hi, We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can solve the problem? Thanks, Itsik itsik wrote: > > Hi, > We use CAsyncSocket after several hours we get "Socket Notification > Sink" error message box. We do not use gracefully close Is that can > solve the problem? > Thanks, > Itsik Yes, a gracefull close might solve the problem. I think the error means there is an attempt to process a data received notification on a closed socket. A gracefull close will flush ...

Error with add or delete dimension in budget-Analytical accounting
Hi, I want to delete or add new dimension in my budget but i get the message that can't be deleted because it is linked to the GRANT. Is there any way to then mass re-apply the budget to be validated against in Grant Management once i have updated it ? note:I work with Grant manager -- Eric ...

error message: CCAPP.exe generated errors
when send/receive email (have cable access) I receive this error message: CCAPP.exe generated errors. An error log has been created. I use win 2000 pro and Office XP I am unable to download email. Is there some way to fix this? Thanks I would check your machine for a possible virus. Do you use a virus checker? Virus Info: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.syney@mm.html In the upper right corner of the page is a program called Trend Micro Housecall, this is a free virus checker: http://www.trendmicro.com/en/home/us/personal.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outl...

CSV error when trying to save
I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be corrupted because of this? Many Thanks Brandon G. It is not an error, it is a warning, just letting you know that the csv will contain plain text, no formatting, no formulas, etc. "Brandon G" wrote: > I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm tryin...

Missing AP Batch
Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. The invoices show "OPEN" status in AP. We typically have the Post through option checked on AP transactions and did verify that it is still set. The batch didn't go into recovery and it is not in the Batch list in GL. Any ideas? Did you post a cheque run? You may have to process remittances first. Go to Tranactions - Purchasing - Porcess Remittance and see if there is a batch there. "willwonka" wrote: > Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. > > The invoices show &quo...

Outlook 2000 Error Message.
Unable to move items from the inbox to the archive folder.Get an error message, Item could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access denied. ...

unexpected error with 'Edit in datasheet' feature of list.
Hi, I have a custom list in SharePoint2007. I have created a view with sorting on a text column and then a date column. I have grouped the list on the same text column and date column. Now when I select 'Edit in datasheet' option, I am getting the following error. ------ An unexpected error has occurred. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator -------- However, If I remove either the grouping or sorting on the date colum...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...

Cannot open (Error=800C0005)
Full error code is Cannot open. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again. (Error=800C0005) and of course it's all good and works fine for plenty of others, just not me today. It used to work for me I might add - what I did in the meantime was try to install Media player 9 and then removed it because I care for it NOT. Win98se, IE6 with 6.4 media player freshly re-installed, trying to listen to samples at Amazon and it won't get the job done for this error. No other problems with secure sites so I'm puzzled as to where the problem might be....

Automation Error
While running VBA code on the .open event I get the following error: Automation Error the specified procedure could not be found. -Z147024769. Can you let me know what causes this. Can you get to the debug window ? If so .. What line does it stop at ? View/Call stack .. will show what subroutine is active -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...