Payables batch entry problem

Hi everyone,

Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they
edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the
origin the post option gets grayed out.

They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently.

What could be the cause of it?   I've checked the posting options under
setup and nothing sticks out at me.  I've also checked for stuck batches or
anything that might be suspect.

Thanks,
--
Jim Bourque

Jim,

Cheque Batches do not get Posted from the Batch Entry Window, they need to
use "Print Checks" and "Post Checks" options to process.

Functionality is correct not allowing Batch Entry Posting of Checks.

Mick

"Jim B" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Our payables dept has a problem with Payables Batch Entry where when they
> edit an existing or enter a new batch and then select computer check as the
> origin the post option gets grayed out.
>
> They're claiming it never was like that and that happened just recently.
>
> What could be the cause of it?   I've checked the posting options under
> setup and nothing sticks out at me.  I've also checked for stuck batches or
> anything that might be suspect.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jim Bourque

How to edit a continuous subform's recordset in batch
Hello: I have a main form with a continuous sub form. Suppose the main form is bound to the Orders table and the sub forms is bound to the Order Details table. In the main form's oncurrent event, I use the following code to make the subform synchronous to the main form Me.subform.form.filter = "OrderDetails.orderID = me.orderID" me.subform.form.filteron = true There are about 10 rows in the subform. I want to allow users to edit values on any row and append rows on the sub form, and then click the save button to save all the changes to the subform's underlying table in b...

Missing entry
Hello; Our finance team spent that weekend adding to the next fiscal budgets into the budget cards. This morning when they pulled the budget reports, some of the data was missing. They told me that this also happened between saturday night and sunday morning, where they completed the entering the budget for a code and the next morning some of the enteries where missing, so they had to reenter the missing amounts again. Any ideas why this would have happened? Using Dymanics GreatPlains 9.00.0314 Thanks Blaine First Blaine, that's a pretty broad question. Second, why are they no...

problem sending as a public folder
I have configured the members of our management team to be able to send as on a public folder called resumes. we add resumes@ourdomain.com to the from address and we end up with "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" just sending to any user. email to/from their accounts works fine. it only happens when trying to send as the public folder. I have looked at a bunch of things on line trying to figure this out. Here is what I think is the problem. The smtp server has the following setting. On the properties of the smtp server, on the authentication tab, then ...

Payables Management
We had a situation where every transaction in a payables batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two GL batches -- although posting at the PM level was only done once. There was no power glitch or other outside interference that we detected. Does anyone know what might have caused this? What version & build of GP are you running? What backend (MS SQL or Pervasive)? >-----Original Message----- >We had a situation where every transaction in a payables >batch posted twice. When doing this, it also created two >GL batches -- although posting at the PM leve...

faq how to sovle this problem?
Hi, I add a function manuly, but I got this when I click the name of function in classview. How to tackle this problem? --------------------------- Microsoft Visual C++ --------------------------- Cannot find the definition (implementation) of this function. --------------------------- ȷ�� --------------------------- I know now! "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> д����Ϣ����:edm283$3qt$1@news.cn99.com... > Hi, > I add a function manuly, but I got this when I click the name of > function in classview. > How to tackle this problem? > --------------------------- ...

Outlook Additional menu entries and crashes
Hi guys, The problem in detail: Step 1: I delete "outcmd.dat", "extend.dat" and "FRMCACHE.DAT". Step 2: I start outlook -> everything is normal. Step 3: I open any folder from the folder list -> a second "Adobe PDF" (from Acrobat 7.0) menu appears on the left side. Step 4: I close outlook -> outlook crashes. Step 5: I start outlook again -> 2 "Adobe PDF" menu items appear on the right side. Repeating steps 3 - 5 add additional "Adobe PDF" menues. Closing outlook without opening any folder before does not add any ...

Way to delete all entries in Outlook Cal for a prior year?
Is there a way to delete all entries in Outlook Calendar for a prior time period? Use the All appointments view and sort by date- select the older items and delete. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/s...

Batch Email
Hi everyone, I would like to send a batch email but the email addresses are stored in access databases (which I can easily export to another format) The email will have an attachment and the addressee must be in the Bcc. How can I do that? Thank you, Samuel "Samuel" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I would like to send a batch email but the email addresses are stored in > access databases (which I can easily export to another format) > > The email will have an attachment and the addressee must be in the Bcc. > > How can I do that? > > > Tha...

Differance in amount in Apply Payables documet
Hi all, There was a problem with one of our client. In Apply payables document there were difference between the Original amount and unapplied amount against a particular vendor for a document number. In usual cases the original and unapplied amount will be equal and after the document had been applied the unapplied amount will be reduced. But in this case there is a difference in amount against the vendor when Apply payable document screen is opened. In this case we need to update the correct amount in the back end or is their any other way around to solve this issue? Thanks! Ty...

xcel Number Formatting Problem
Hi there, I have exported accounting information from a company data website int excel. For some reason, where profit figures had a 1000 seperator (, on the website, when exported into excel the 1000 seperator became decimal point (.). Also, the profit figures taken from the website ar in GDP th i.e. excluding the last '000'. Therefore, please can you help me do the following: 1) Replace the unwanted decimal point (.) back to a 1000 seperato (,). 2) Add 000 to the end of the profit figures so that they are in writte in full. Many thanks And -- andyp16 ------------------------...

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

Massive files in .pb a problem !!!
Hi I am developing a website for a client and he has supplied several .pb files i.e Newsletters. The problem is the files are massive 10MB!!. I just wondered how to go about reducing so that when I put them on his website for downloading it does not take forever to download. I have thought about pdf still 2.3MB. I have thought about WORD still way too big. And last I thought about putting into image ie through photoshop then putting into .swf. Has anybody got a better way at all. Thanks -- http://www.philbrighton.co.uk Phil Brighton wrote: > I am developing a website for a client ...

Excel VBA-vlookup combo box problem
Hi can someone please help me. I have created a worksheet in which i have Vlookup formulaes reading o another worksheet which has combobox with drop down lists and linke cells. Everything works apart from the comboboxes whose populate linked cells are not being recognised by the v-lookup function. Th Vlookup is as follows: vlookup(e18,'policy'!c5:098,7,false) The data within the combo box is a mixture of text and numerical e. L32H11-1, EM2H11-1 I have put a double minus sign in front of e18 and it returns #value! Can someone please help me. thanking you in anticipation Saik ...

Payables transaction report
Is there a report/query/smarlist I can run which will give me the activity on a daily basis in the PM module? I want to run an Historical Aged TB as of a certain date, run this activity report for a time period, add the totals from the HATB to the activity report, and compare the totals to a new HATB which would include the date the activity report was run thru. So, HATB totals at 6/15/05 = 100,000, activity report totals for period 6/15/05 to 6/22/05 = 50,000. I would expect my totals on the HATB on 6/22/05 to be 150,000. There is a favorite called Today's Purchases you can use...

Problems synching diary entries with Outlook2003 and a Sony Ericsson P910i
Tech Background I am using - Outlook2003/Windows2000/Phone Connector Monitor etc (i.e. the software that comes with the P910i) Hi I have major problems synchronising my diary on my P910i with my ms Outlook2003 diary. Every time I synchronise my phone/Outlook, many but not all of my diary entries duplicate themselves! But WHY? It's not like I've even *touched* most of them! Basically I use my P910i phone to enter most of my dates. But I also need to input more advanced stuff on my Outlook 2003. But every time I synchronise various items double themselves. - What am I doing wrong? ...

SBS 2003/ Exchange Problem
Server: SBS 2003 Server SP1 I created some new accounts for users and applied the exchange task in AD User. All user accounts set NO LIMIT. But if i send e-mail to new accounts from outside. such as gmail.com; hotmail.com, it will come back say: ********************************** Your message has encountered delivery problems to the following recipient(s): catchall@xxxxx.com (Was addressed to xxx@xxxxx.com) Delivery failed User's mailbox quota exceeded or would be exceeded **************************************** I checked the internal email, working well with new account. but i d...

How to create Auto Regenerating Dropboxs in data entry forms
I'm trying to create an auto generating drop box on a data entry form. That is, someone would be entering data that may pertain to more that one project. I'd like to have a drop down menu that, once a value is selected from it, an exact duplicate appears underneath, and the user can enter as many projects as are associated with that data. I'm not sure how to do this. Make your combo box an unbound control. In the After Update event of the combo, set the Default Value of the control you want to populate to the value in the combo. I am assuming the combo is on the main fo...

SOP Transaction Entry
We have just started to use SOP for our invoicing to customer. We are just getting it started for October 1. However, we have a couple quirky things that we need to show on the customer invoice. We are a printer and sometimes do donations of print work. However, we recognize it as a print sale in total and then do a credit for the donation portion to expense to our contributions account. I am trying to find out how to do this as an SOP invoice. We usually show the customer the amount of donation and the balance due on their part. I tried to enter a negative amount in the misc line...

Problem receiving large email through POP3 on Exchange 2003
Hi, I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being able to receive "large" emails after we migrated to Exchange 2003. They both use Microsoft Outlook 2003. One fully patched and one without any service packs at all. It can be as little as 512KB emails that stops them. Outlook just hangs and never gets by it and in some cases it'll take about 5 minutes and it suddenly comes through.. :( /Christian On Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:21:14 +0100, Christian Jensen <ads@peugeot205.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a couple of users that is complaining about not being abl...

Missing AP Batch
Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. The invoices show "OPEN" status in AP. We typically have the Post through option checked on AP transactions and did verify that it is still set. The batch didn't go into recovery and it is not in the Batch list in GL. Any ideas? Did you post a cheque run? You may have to process remittances first. Go to Tranactions - Purchasing - Porcess Remittance and see if there is a batch there. "willwonka" wrote: > Entered and posted an AP batch; but can't find it in GL. > > The invoices show &quo...

Outlook & ActiveSync problem
I have a problem that I hope you can help me with. I have a database that I created in Microsoft Access to store all my contacts information, I then imported this database into Microsoft Outlook. This all worked without problem. Then I synchronised Microsoft Outlook with my HP iPAQ and this is where the problem occurs. It copies all the data across to the iPAQ except for the Web Page field; the Web Page field is left blank on my iPAQ. However, if I type the data into the Web Page field in Outlook (rather than importing it from Access) it synchronises correctly and the data appears in t...

MDI focus problem
Hi everyone, I have a standard MFC MDI app. I have a bunch of views open at the same time. I want to draw a hilite box around the view that has focus at the moment. But I'm not sure how to do this since I seem to be receiving my messages wrong. I though for starters I could just do this in the view class: void CMyView::OnLButtonDown() { ::SendMessage(this->GetSafeHwnd(), WM_SETFOCUS, 0, 0); } void CMyView::OnSetFocus() { this->m_bFocus = true; this->Invalidate(); // draw focus box around me now. } void CMyView::OnKillFocus() { this->m_bFocus = false; thi...

2006 install problem
I installed the 2006 trial then purchased the retail (CD) version from a local store. I removed the trial and then tried to install the CD version but it said that setup was not able to copy components needed to run money. Try to install again. I then completly removed money, cleaned up the registry, did a clean boot, etc. When I tired to install again I got the message: The procedure entry point ?Close@COfdFile@@QAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library mscofd06.dll. What am I doing wrong? Help!!! ...

Unmatched Problem
I'm creating a database in Access 2007. Basically, what I'm trying to accomplish is this... a file gets imported from Excel into a temp table. The user views the "new"records in the table and then decides whether to POST it to the main table or not. The excel sheet have about 15 columns and the temp table and main table have similar structure. What I can't figure out is how to do an unmatched query on ALL columns and not just one. The reason is that a record in the excel spreadsheet may be updated (e.g the status of a serial number can be changed from &quo...

Payables Integration Into Payables
Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into payables. I am looking for both setup information and how to go about using it. any Docs / website / whatever would be appreciated. TIA Please clarify! o.O -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Brian" <nixtootec@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ObxOLcO$KHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, All I am looking for any information on Payables integration into > payables. I...