Pay item based on percentage of base salary

We have a pay amount that is based upon a percentage of an employee's base
salary (e.g. if their base salary is $10k/month and the percentage is 5% then
they have $500 added into their paycheck).  I have found a way to manually
add the $500, but not for a way that the amount is based on someone's base
salary.  So if that person gets and increase in base salary, I have to
remember to go increase the other line item to the correct amount.  Is there
a way to make this pay adjust automatically based on a percentage of the base
salary amount?
0
Hutch (55)

Try creating a paycode that is an overtime type. You can set the pay factor
to an amount other than 1.5, like .05. Other than this workaround, you could
take a look at Integrity Data's Pay Policy Manager module.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Hutch" wrote:

> We have a pay amount that is based upon a percentage of an employee's base
> salary (e.g. if their base salary is $10k/month and the percentage is 5% then
> they have $500 added into their paycheck).  I have found a way to manually
> add the $500, but not for a way that the amount is based on someone's base
> salary.  So if that person gets and increase in base salary, I have to
> remember to go increase the other line item to the correct amount.  Is there
> a way to make this pay adjust automatically based on a percentage of the base
> salary amount?
0
callen (2504)

menu item checked?
CMenu* pmenu = AfxGetMainWnd()->GetMenu() pmmenu->CheckMenuItem(ID_SOUNDS_NOSOUNDS, MF_CHECKED | MF_BYCOMMAND) where ID_SOUNDS_NOSOUNDS is Main Menu->Sounds(Pop up)-> NoSounds(a item of this pop up menu) Is this wrong? Well, it's not working. (Which is the problem? Thanks in advance Why don't you just add ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler for ID_SOUNDS_NOSOUNDS To modify the submenu, you need a handle to it, not to the main menu ----- vasr wrote: ---- CMenu* pmenu = AfxGetMainWnd()->GetMenu() pmmenu->CheckMenuItem(ID_SOUNDS_NOSOUNDS, MF_CHECK...

menu items grayed out.
This happens in all menus from time to time. Menu items will be grayed out (unusable). The spread sheet is not protected, nor the cells locked. If I copy to another blank spread sheet, all will be fine. If you are in the edit mode - the cursor is a vertical, blinking line in a cell, many menu items and tool bar buttons will grey out. Also, the word edit will appear on the status bar at the bottom of the screen. HTH "WDR" wrote: > This happens in all menus from time to time. > Menu items will be grayed out (unusable). The spread sheet is not > protected, nor the ...

Modify Sales Trx Entry to use Item Inquiry instead of Item Card
I wanted to increase security on the Item Cards but still provide order entry a way to get information from the Item master and pricelist. So I used modifier and vba to redirect Sales Trx Entry to open the Item Inquiry form and from there open the Item Pricelist Inquiry form instead of the Item Pricelist Maintenance form. If you're familiar with modifier and vba hopefully my instructions will make sense. It works pretty good except the Item Inquiry "flashes" alot when opening because of the script running. If anyone knows how to get around that please let me know. Step...

If statement based on button click
Hi, I have a form (e.g. formA) which has two buttons - ViewPO and EditPO. Now Clicking of ViewPO opens up another form (e.g. formB). Similarly, clicking on EditPO opens up the same formB Now on formB I have to write a if statement This if statement is based on the previous button click. In other words: If button ViewPO has been clicked then Do This If button ViewEditPO has been clicked then Do That Else ... End if Is there any way to put this concept in code. I am specially looking for if a button click event can be the basis of a if statement. Thanks in advance. I'm assuming you...

Bill Pay vs E-Pay
What is the difference in MS Money 2004 between Bill Pay and E-Pay? Are they the same thing? Also, I saw reference to allowing a third party bill payment system to show within Money. Does that mean if I choose to sign up for bill pay through my bank that I can control it through MS Money? Thanks, Brenda try auto-payment. i've used auto-pay for 20+ years and not problems. >-----Original Message----- >What is the difference in MS Money 2004 between Bill Pay >and E-Pay? Are they the same thing? > >Also, I saw reference to allowing a third party bill >payment sys...

find all instances of a search item and put result in a single cel
Is it possible to search a column in one sheet for all occurrences of a search item and then put the result of that search in a single cell on a second sheet? For example, Sheet 1 may have something like this: A :: B John yellow Mary yellow Sue red Richard green Michael yellow In the second sheet, I have a row for each color, and I want to put in, say, H1, the names in Sheet 1 that have that color in column B. C :: H yellow John, Mary, Michael So, say I have "yellow" in B1, I want the spreads...

Publisher Data Base
Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher data base for mail merge? Since there are close to 1000 entries I do not want to manually add each one. You don't have to convert anything. Use the Excel list for the mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Las Vegas" <Richard Las Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909EDBF8-26DC-4661-B36C-1D3FE52CB66E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher > data base for mail merge? Since there are close t...

"You cannot change items"
Am getting this error message when creating an invoice with Dex2Net. Have been using the process for almost two years and no problem. Does anyone know the criteria that is causing GP to display the message? Results happen on one invoice with four identical items. First two line items enter fine and third one seems to crash. Doesn't seem to make sense. -- Richard ...

Report for Items on Order
Is there a report that will show what items are on order by Supplier? Ideally, I would like to see a report that shows: Item Lookup Code | Description | Qty Sold | On Hand | On Order| Date Sold | Cost | Sold Price | Total Sales | Profit | Margin | Transaction I can get a report with all of the above except On Order. Thanks Butch Are you looking for the report in HQ or SO? "Butch" wrote: > Is there a report that will show what items are on order by Supplier? > Ideally, I would like to see a report that shows: > Item Lookup Code | Description | Qty Sold | On Hand | On O...

Your action pay now!
http://www.youractionspay.com/?yapid=sr.antonio Calculate the Possibilities www.youractionspay.com/?yapid=sr.antonio Get $5.00 Referral Bonuses For every referral you make to YourActionsPay.com - you'll receive a $5.00 bonus upon them earning a minimum of $30.00 in earnings. Their $30.00 in earnings DOES include their Joining Bonus as well - so all they have to do is complete $25.00 worth of offers and you'll receive a check for $5.00 because your referred them. Plus, up to 30% Referral Bonuses! You will ALSO earn up to 30% of your referrals earnings. And, your referrals' earnings...

report showing issued lot numbers for items
Hi: I have been trying to find a report in Dynamic's GP that shows inventory items that have been issued to manufacturing orders. These items are tracked by lot numbers. It seems that once an item is issued to the order it doesn't show up anywhere except on an inquiry to the mfg order. Has anyone else had this problem? I need to be able to select an item and get a report showing lot numbers and what manufacturing orders they are issued to. Thanks for any assistance. Hi Larry There is no core report in GP that can achieve this. You may be able to use Crystal reports or SRS...

Item Bin Location
I want to view item bin location on the item lookup screen. is that possible? If not can someone suggest me an idea to accomplish the below. > A customer walks in to the store and inquires on a product. the cashier needs to check the bin location so he/she can go and pick that product and show to the customer. > so what would be easiest way for the cashier to check the bin location on the above scenario? Thanks in advance. We have a special add-on that allows you to design a customised Item and customer lookup that allow syou to configure all fields you may want and where they ar...

Increase cell value by 1 based on another cell change
Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change from 30 to 31 any help greatly appreciated thanks Hi, in A10 enter =if(A1=2009,30,if(A1=2010,31)) "Dr. Hackenbush" wrote: > Cant figure this one out, and have around 500 records to change > > eg: A1 changes from 2009 to 2010 then the value in A10 will change from > 30 to 31 > > any help greatly appreciated > > thanks > > > > . > "Eduardo" <Eduardo@...

How do i group the mails based on the string / number in the subje
Hi All, This is my requirement. In my Inbox, i will be getting the mails in such a way that, where i will have some unique number in the subject line". Please find the samples here. "101011 - User Creation" "Re:101011 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:101011 - User Creation" "102022 - User Creation" "Re:102022 - User Creation" "Fwd:Re:102022 - User Creation" Based on this number, a folder should be created automatically, all the respectives mails should move there. Example: Create a folder called ‘My Emails’. ...

Online bill pay, download or upload?
Sorry if the subject line does not make sense, I was not sure how to phrase this question. I have been using money for awile but I am getting the impression here lately there is another way to use money that I have not considered. Today I bank online and I set up all my online bill pay data at my banks web site and then download those transactions into money (except over the past two months the downloads have quit working and I have yet to figure out the problem). Is there a way to do just the opposite and enter all the transactions in money and the upload that data to my bank so that there ...

I pay $ for this project
I am seeking assistance to build a chart or graph to illustrate delivery times each day over a year period. Each truck delivers 0 to 10 loads each day, 5 or 6 days a week, The date and time each load is received is logged in a database. The earliest delivery is 7AM, the latest is 5PM. Perhaps the verticle axis might represent hours of the day from 7-5PM. The horizantal axis might represent the days of the week, all 365 days of the year. An alternative would be to delete Sundays as no loads are delivered on Sunday. This might be a scatter chart, or a high-low chart with provision for loads...

xsd restriction on dateTime based on other dateTime
Hi All, i'm trying to define an xml schema for validation with a restriction on dateTime element based on another dateTime Element. in English: end (dateTime) should be greater than or equal to begin (dateTime) Is it possible to define such restrictions in XSD? regards Joris van Lier Joris van Lier wrote: > i'm trying to define an xml schema for validation with a restriction on > dateTime element based on another dateTime Element. > > in English: end (dateTime) should be greater than or equal to begin > (dateTime) > > Is it possible to define such rest...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Sliding Scale Percentage via IF?
Hello all, I'm trying to do a formula for a sliding scale percentage fee, for which it references the item price of an object. Ie: First $25.00 = 10%, $25.01-100 = 10% of first $25 + 7% of remaining price, $100.01-1000 = 10% of first $25, 7% of first $25.01-100, and 5% of remaining price, etc. However! The formula I cobbled together won't debug correctly - it works up to the 7% range, but trying to get that third jump to the 5% and beyond returns a value of 'FALSE'. I can see what's happening in the formula evaluator, but I'm at a loss on how to side-step it. ...

Pay Codes
I have created pay codes for car allowance and clothing allowance with the following parameters for both: pay type = other, pay rate = 0.00, pay period = biweekly. I have assigned employees to these respective pay codes. But when I execute a payroll the pay codes aren't included. Do I need to create a recurring batch to include these pay does? Thanks RC First, make sure at the employee/pay code level the pay rate is not equal to $0. Second, make sure the option for Transaction Required is not marked. Third, make sure the pay frequency is selected on the Build Checks window. ...

Making items inactive en mass?
With over 30,000 items divided between scores of stores, I would rather not make items inactive one at a time through the interface. Does anyone have experience with this. I have looked in the item table and found fields that appear to be boolean (0 off/1 on) for Inactive and DoNotOrder, but didn't immediately recognize one for "Do Not Sell". Any input? Thanks. Have you looked at the DRS Toolkit for RMS found here? http://www.digitalretailer.com/rmsaddins/index.htm "technopapa" <technopapa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5253AE8-59BD-4...

Add Check Name to Safe Pay export
We need the capability within Safe Pay to export (Output Field) the Vendor's Check Name listed in the vendor card as additional information to provide the bank. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

Excel, counting based on conditions frrom neighboring cells.
I have an excel workbook that contains four different sheets. Within each of these sheets, there are two columns, one entitled "Status," containing entries of each "Open" or "Closed," the other entitled "Dates," containing assorted dates. What I need to do is count the number of "Open" and "Closed" entries for each of the dates, no matter what worksheet they are in. Some dates are repeated in mutiple work sheets, but the sum should be a grand total. Combining the worksheets is not an option. For example, I have 5 "Open" sta...

sum particular items from a list
I have a long list of orders attributed to four different salespeople. I want to use a function (in a cell at the bottom of the list) to SUM the value of all the orders in the list which belong to salesman1, ignoring all the others. Then do the same for salesman2 etc... Salesman's name is in column A, order value is in column D. I KNOW this is straightforward, but I just can't figure out how to do it. Help, please! Thanks =SUMIF(A:A,"Salesman1",D:D) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <no_em@ilplease> ...

Bank Puts Memo Info in "Pay to" field
It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field- so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587" but nothing goes in the memo field. Any thoughts? In microsoft.public.money, A Smith wrote: >It seems my bank puts the info from the memo field into the "Pay to" field- >so the field ends up reading "POS Kwik Trip Convenience Store #49587" but >nothing goes in the memo field. >Any thoughts? Did you say that backwards? You would want that info in the Payee field, I would think. This info...