Partially invoicing a Drop-Ship Order Linked to a Drop-Ship PO

Can you partially invoice a drop-ship order in SOP that is linked to a
drop-ship PO?

We received an invoice from one of our vendors that was for a drop-
ship PO we issued to them.  They did not ship the complete
order...only a partial.  We matched the partial invoice to the drop-
ship PO and processed it, but now need to invoice the customer for the
partial.

In the drop-ship order in SOP, it shows the quantity fulfilled for the
line item as the amount from the vendor invoice, but in the Quantity
to Invoice field, it shows the total quantity ordered when the
customer placed the order.

Is there a way to make this work?

I'm running GP9.

Thanks in advance.

-Joe

0
joe8716 (92)

I can think of only 2 ways to accomplish this.
1) Using Sales Workflow. By using Fulfillment Order, you would be able to
deliver and invoice partially. Transfer Order,with partial fulfillment, to
Fulfillment Order then to Invoice.On the Sales Doc Fulfillment Setup, select
only the appropriate status that you need to shorten the process.
2) If you were not using Sales Workflow, transfer Sales Order to Invoice,
then modify the the Billed Qty and put the remaining Qty on Back Order.
Transfer Qty to Back-Order Type. You may fulfill and  invoice the remaining
qty from the back-order.
Goodluck!

"Joe" wrote:

> Can you partially invoice a drop-ship order in SOP that is linked to a
> drop-ship PO?
>
> We received an invoice from one of our vendors that was for a drop-
> ship PO we issued to them.  They did not ship the complete
> order...only a partial.  We matched the partial invoice to the drop-
> ship PO and processed it, but now need to invoice the customer for the
> partial.
>
> In the drop-ship order in SOP, it shows the quantity fulfilled for the
> line item as the amount from the vendor invoice, but in the Quantity
> to Invoice field, it shows the total quantity ordered when the
> customer placed the order.
>
> Is there a way to make this work?
>
> I'm running GP9.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -Joe

0
MCA (31)

Drop List
How to create a droplist in a cell? Thank you in advance for your help...MK Menu Data > in Validatation options you must choose to permit only a "list" of values... the list may be in cells A1:A10 for example or may be given as is 1;2;3 Here's a pretty descriptive article, MK. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/drop-down_using_data_validation_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5969FDF8-87AA-4916-A510-25002CF81DC4@microsoft.com.....

order of items in dropdown combo box
Hello, I have a combo box within which I would like to have a list of reasons for absenteeism of employees. They are in their own table called "reasons". The only thing in this table is a list of 8 possible reasons why a person would be absent. I keep trying to change the order of the items to put the most-used reason first, etc... but it automatically changes itself back to alphabetical order. Is there any way to change this? On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 11:53:02 -0800, Ashley <Ashley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I have a combo box within which I would l...

csv linked file doesn't add to the same numbers?????
Hi, I have a linked cvs file that when I do a sum in access I get a different answer than when I open the csv file and so a sum on the column. Can anyone explain why this is happening. Please show us the SQL statement that you are using to get the sum. Open the query in design view. Next go to View, SQL View and copy and past it here. If you are doing something else to get the sum, please tell us. Are you opening the csv file with Excle or some other method? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. &q...

POP Ship to Address
What am I missing - I can select a ship to address off the Vendor for the individual PO. It still prints the company ship to address and on the line item the "ship to" line is greyed out. How can I get the purchase order to print the SHIP TO address? We are using Ver 8.0 - SQL Thanks Gloria Gloria, In version 8.0 of Great Plains, the Purchase Order Entry and Purchasing Item Detail Entry windows added the Ship To By Line Item feature. This feature allows each line item on a PO to have different Ship To Address. The Ship To Address on the Purchasing Vendor Detail Entry wi...

Error Message should link to Assistant Site
When I get a error message in excel to would be helpful if I had a link to the assistant site on the error as well ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=fcacaf18-e10f-4c70-9623-c048c275f18c&...

Linking to a data range containing blank cells
I'm using MS Excel 2003. I've got a chart from range of data gives the calculates accumulated total from another table and would like the option to have the calculation result in a blank cell that is not plotted as a zero. I tried the following IF statement: =IF(Q6="","",Q6+P12) but "" is still treated as a zero. Any suggestions? Thanks, - James =IF(Q6="",NA(),Q6+P12) -- David Biddulph "James from Sage" <JamesfromSage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4CCAF0-07B1-4398-95FE-605DDB6C6A44@microsoft.com......

Check Register with Invoice Numbers
I am trying to run a report that contains the check number as well as the invoice number on it. I would prefer to do this through a smarlist in order to download into excel ...

Money 2005 Small Business Invoice Designer
Out of the box unable to save your changes, solving the read-only file problem only leads to display problems, update problems and yet more issues on Server 2003. ...

Posted Order in SOP V9.0
I have an ORDER assigned to a batch that should have been deleted, but somehow the order got posted. We do not post orders. How can I delete this order? Thanks, Phil Camp Hopkinsville Milling Co. philcamp@hesenergy.net Phil, How would you say "the order has been posted"? In SOP, you _can't_ post orders, that isn't an option. So I'm not sure what you are looking at. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Phil Camp" <philcamp@hesenergy.net> wrote in message news:%23f...

Sales Order Invoice Modification
In report writer I have added the User Defined Fields to the Body of the report. However they are showing up underneath every line item. I just want the text in the user defined fields to show up once per field on the invoice. Is this possible, and if so how?? Thanks, Allyson If you put it in the Body, it will show up for every line. You will need to insert it in the Header or the Footer; or devise some calculation to prevent it from showing up where you don't want it. "Allyson" wrote: > In report writer I have added the User Defined Fields to the Body of the >...

Filter by Form & linked combos
Hi there: I have the following question: I have a country table (countryid, country_name) with values as: 0, "Mexico" 1, "USA" 2, "Canada" for example. I have a city table (cityid, countryid, city_name) too, with values as: 0, 0, "Guadalajara, MX" 1, 0, "Zacatecas, MX" 2, 1, "L.A. US" 3, 1, "Denver, US" 4, 2, "Toronto, CA" 4, 2, "Ottawa, CA" Then I linked this tables using the Relationships feature of access 2003. I created a form with two fields, country_name and city_name. The problem is: when I ...

Link Tables in MDE file
Is it possible to have Link Table Wizard in MDE file? You mean the Linked Table Manager? No, but it's easy to build your own equivalent. See http://www.mvps.org/access/tables/tbl0009.htm at "The Access Web" for one approach. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Leonidas" <Leonidas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60863F14-FD58-4D6C-B8E0-5249847835CA@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Link Table Wizard in MDE file? ...

linking workbooks #2
I am new to Excel and am trying to link 2 workbooks and copy information from the source workbook to the destination workbook. I have have both workbook open. I can't get the data from the source workbook to the destination workbook. When I have both workbooks open and look under the Window tab I only see the wookbook that I am in. Am I supposed to see both the open workbooks? -- twilcox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ twilcox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35457 View this thread: http://www.exce...

hyper links
hyper links in emails do not open exploer. When link is clicked it opens my documents. How do I reset. XP new install. No other windows or Outlook problems only hyperlinks in emails. It opens a Locate Link Browser window right? Point it to IEXPLORE.EXE -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "John" <jecrouch@verizon.net> wrote in message news:98fe01c4866b$adc666e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > hyper links in emails do not open exploer. When ...

linking web pages
I have created a simple web site containing 5 pages below the home page, looks good in the navigational structure...and I have added a link bar (based on nav. strct) for all 6 pages. In FP, I can hold the ctrl key and select any of my link bar buttons and it will take me to the appropriate page. When I publish it will only show me the home page without the link bars (no text or bar). The navigation web site view shows the levels correctly, but when I view the hyperlink view, it does not show that any of my pages are linked to each other. Can anyone help me through this? Thank you-...

Mail flow issue:telnet <mxrecord> 25 drops after few seconds
I have a couple of users getting "delivery status notification (Delay)" when attempting to send messages from my organization to: amerec.com Then from my Exchange 2003 SP1 SMTP connector, I do nslookup amerec.com >set type=mx amerec.com I find that mx records=66.149.124.132 Then when I do telnet 66.149.124.132 25 the telnet connections apparently gets established OK. First attempt to try to type "HELO" ends the telnet connection. I noticed this behavior happened for another domain, 'reeveshima.com'. From my Exh2003 SMTP connector, I tried sames steps against ...

Removing Customer ID & Sales Orders with posted Invoices
Hi, I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. Regards, Andrew Andrew, What exactly do you mean by 'remove'? "Illion" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b31701c46815$1b645a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer > record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it > affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. > > Regards, > Andrew Sorry...

drop-down list
Can a dropdown list be populated in code? I would like to use ado to retrieve a list from an Access database with VBA and use it to populate a dropdown. Alternatively, could I populate a group of cells and then dynamically (in VBA code) set the dropdown list source to the group of cells? Thanks Bill I found some sample code here: http://tinyurl.com/3brzjy http://tinyurl.com/3ywvhr Does that help? --JP On Mar 21, 8:51=A0am, "BillE" <bel...@datamti.com> wrote: > Can a dropdown list be populated in code? > > I would like to use ado to retrieve a list from an...

unable to use links in email, they are restricted Help
When i click on a link in outlook i get the message-the operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer . contact administrator This only started after i installed windows7 Baz wrote: > When i click on a link in outlook i get the message-the operation has been > canceled due to restrictions on this computer . contact administrator > This only started after i installed windows7 Operation canceled due to restrictions http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049 ...

Tab order for purchase orders and sales orders
Is there a way to set the tab order while entering items in a purchase order and sales order. My client would like to be able to have the order taker be able to be prompted for a quantity while entering in line items to purchase orders and sales orders. Marc, For POS, enter the quantity first, then the * key, then the ILC So for 5 of 11212, enter 5*11212 <enter> For PO's see if QuickScan works better for you. -- * "Marc Arbesman" <MarcArbesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BD48AA-08BB-4CFE-A04D-46BBCC5B95CC@microsoft.com... Is there a w...

Linking problem AtlAxGetControl
Hi I am getting the following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _AtlAxGetControl@8 I assume that there is a library of some type that i need to somehow link (im v new to VC) but im am not sure how to go about adding the library or which library i am misisng Thanks a lot for your help. Todd. ...

Link pictures in Excel 2003 doesn't work!
How do I link picture files (e.g. PNG-files) in Excel so that they can be automatically updated? Did Microsoft forget to enable OLE-functions in Excel 2003 for graphics? I tried several ways to paste the picture as a link, no success! 1) It is not possible to copy the pictures from Office Picture Manager into Office Clipboard. 2) Copy into system clipboard works, but under paste special in Excel "paste link" is inactive. 3) It's also not possible to link a picture file through: Insert/ Picture/ From file... which is possible in Word 2003. 4) Insert/ Object/ Create from file...

Put PSTL Minimum PO/Receipt # tool in core GP product
The Professional Services Tool Library tool for Minimum PO/Receipt Number should be included in the core Dynamics GP product. My company does NOT want to use the default functionality of reusing previously skipped or deleted PO numbers. We only want to increment the PO Next Number. I do not want the burden of having to track an add-on tool and retest and reimplement it for every product upgrade. I think its features should be included in the core product setup as a permanent resolution for the functionality my company requires. Thanks David Compton ---------------- This post is a...

Links not connecting
When I click on a link in outlook instead of getting its destination URL, I simply get my documents folder, What have I done? or better still how do I fix it ?/ Dave Two most prevalent reasons for problem - 1. Link not sent as a hyperlink (HTML) and 2, Loss of file association. Do following: Windows explorer>Tools>Folder options>File types>Scroll and select "HTML" extension. In box titled "Details for HTML extension " should state that opens with IE. If does so then click on "Advanced" and verify that default action is open" (will be bold t...

Products and Invoicing
I am just fishing for some ideas here - We sell teleconferences and webconferences and bill once a month. We would like to integrate this into CRM and the GP piece, but I am a bit confused on how to go forward. Is anyone else "selling" products this way? and if so, how did you set up your catalog, etc...? I am thinking of starting an order, then just leaving it open and adding the conferences as "products" - then generate the invoice. The problem with creating each conference as an "order" is that invoices seem to only come from one order - not multiple orde...