Overtime Methods

I can't seem to find any information on how the overtime methods work in
Advanced Payroll.  I have read the online manual and looked in Knowledgebase,
but I can't find anything about it.

Any ideas where I can get help with this?  Perhaps a kb number or something?

Thanks!
Tracey D
0
TraceyD (84)

What manual are you reading? For the overtime rates you need to read the
overtime rate manager manual. You should be able to download it from
CustomerSource. You can also send an e-mail to me. Take out the "nospam" part
of the address.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Tracey D" wrote:

> I can't seem to find any information on how the overtime methods work in
> Advanced Payroll.  I have read the online manual and looked in Knowledgebase,
> but I can't find anything about it.
>
> Any ideas where I can get help with this?  Perhaps a kb number or something?
>
> Thanks!
> Tracey D
0
callen (2505)

ClearContents method on a passed range
I want to create a range of results in one worksheet based on a range of input values in another worksheet in the same workbook. I've 'named' the input and result ranges in Excel but am unable to clear the result range using the following code called from Excel with '=Test1(results)' speciified in a cell: Public Function Test1(RangeResult As Range) RangeResult.ClearContents End Function The code runs o.k. but the range isn't cleared and zero is returned. I thought I was getting the hang of VBA but this has stumped me. bryan wrote... >I want to create a range o...

DLL
Hi, I am stuck. I tried so many different things to no avial. I am getting linker errors when I try to access methods in the .cpp = file. It works fine if access the method is in the .h file. x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingPenthouse(); //Works because it is a Top = Level class x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingMezzanine(); //Fails. Method in = Mezzanine.cpp file x =3D GetPenthouse()->CallingBaseInHeader(); //works. Method in Base.h = file *Note that I am using a nifty way of importing/exporting methods from = the DLL I found on Code Project. The following must be added to the stdafx...

Are collection methods like GetSize thread safe?
Can you go ahead and call GetSize/GetCount without having to use a CS around the call, if all you want is the size and you don't intend to then iterate the collection or use the size in anyway, apart from the metric. Is there anywhere in MSDN that thread safety of MFC calls is documented? There isn't anything at the method level. Thanks Richard Richard Hollis wrote: > Can you go ahead and call GetSize/GetCount without having to use a CS around > the call, if all you want is the size and you don't intend to then iterate > the collection or use the size in anyway, apart...

overtime
Hi, I have a task that was done by 3 resources on overtime (Thursday after working hours and Friday that is a nonworking day). I am not sure where do change the calendar to make this work done at this times. Also, if I give a 1 day task to 1 resource at 150%, it means he work overtime? Thanks, Silene In my opinion, you only really need to track overtime if your are tracking cost in your schedule, and overtime has a different rate than standard time. Is that why you're tracking overtime. I would turn the question around and ask you how you're updating your schedul...

Evaluate Method.
Hi, I need help with evaluate Method. What I am trying to do is write for loop for following. UserForm2.Label1.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label2.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label3.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label4.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label5.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label6.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label7.Caption = "" UserForm2.Label8.Caption = "" I tried this(below) and many other thing, but nothing seem to work. Any suggestion on making this work? For i = 1 T...

Object dosent support this property or method
This code behind a command button should check to see if a record exists and open a form with that data if it does. If record does not exist it will open the form in data entry mode. I don't understand this error??? Private Sub cmdMember_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdMember_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String Dim dbcurrent As DAO.Database Dim rstemp As DAO.Recordset If IsNull([cmdMember]) Then MsgBox "Please enter a Member # before proceeding." Exit Sub Else 'Check to see if a record already exis...

Overtime Methods
I can't seem to find any information on how the overtime methods work in Advanced Payroll. I have read the online manual and looked in Knowledgebase, but I can't find anything about it. Any ideas where I can get help with this? Perhaps a kb number or something? Thanks! Tracey D What manual are you reading? For the overtime rates you need to read the overtime rate manager manual. You should be able to download it from CustomerSource. You can also send an e-mail to me. Take out the "nospam" part of the address. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Tracey D" wrote: ...

WorkSheetFunction.Text() Method
Hi, Is it possible for any one to explain the other methods available with Cells(row,col), and where I can find them in MSDN. I am using the following Code. ********************************************************** CellValue = Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(Cells (RowNdx, ColNdx).Value, Cells(RowNdx, ColNdx).NumberFormat) ********************************************************** Thanks Mili. Try taking a look at Range in VBA's help. You'll see the methods and properties listed there. And just for your example, you could use: CellValue = cells(rowndx,colndx).text ...

Unable to access exchange server with entourage (however other methods do work)
When I try to connect to our exchange server with entourage, all i get is the following message: Error -3176: The server can't be found. Be sure the mail server information is entered correctly in the Account Manager, and that your DNS settings in the Network Control Panel are correct. The strangest part is that i can access our exchange server through webmail (no problem) or through apple's mail.app (no problem) either. Can someone help? On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:16:12 -0500, Laurent Lamblin wrote (in article <2004102821161216807%hush@skynetbe>): > The strangest part ...

Automatic Overtime
Is it possible to automatically calculate overtiime based on more than one Hourly paycode? For instance, if we have two Hourly paycodes - HOUR1 and HOUR2 - and an employee has 42 hours for HOUR1 and 42 hours for HOUR2, can it automatically calculate 4 hours of overtime? Yes, you can have the above scenario calculate the 4 hours of overtime. To do this, make sure that the Automatic Overtime box is checked in the payroll setup window and enter what regular hours are required. (Go to: Setup > Payroll > Payroll) Create the pay codes that you mentioned. Then enter pay codes for the ...

What does 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' mean???
I've got the following code. But the XSLTransform line is underlined by the blue squiggle and vs tells me c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Sites\RiderDesign\articles\test.aspx.vb(37): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.Stream)' is obsolete: 'You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method' What the heck does this mean? Thanks... Dim XMLDoc As New XmlDocument XMLDoc.Load(Server.MapPath("files/since1968_interview_zeldman.xml")) Dim XSLTrans As New Xsl.XslTransform XSLTrans.Load(Server.M...

Packing List with Ship Method
Does anyone know how to modify the packing list to show the shipping method that was chosen? Or, does anyone have one they would like to share? Also, is there a way to add a column on the packing list next to the item column for initials. So our shipping guys can sign off each item as it is packed? Thanks for the help. Our first day of processing with RMS today! ...

Run-time error '1004' Method 'Sheets' of object'_Global' failed
I'm new to excel and don't really know what I'm doing. When the below macro is executed (through changing a combo box) the macro appears to run fine but when I close the workbook the above Run-time error message dialog box comes up, can anyone help? Sheets("dec").Range("A1:CO111").Cop Sheets("ROTA VIEW").Selec Range("B4").Selec Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlFormats, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= False, Transpose:=Fals Range("B3").Selec Thanks Richard, Add the line Application.CutCopyMode = false...

Need help with reg hrs and overtime totals please
I have a timesheet that I wished I could figure out the regular time and the overtime on. The sequence in which order I write makes no difference, I mean if lunch has to be at the end, it doesn't matter. Here is the way I have it now. Row 2 is the date, and column B=Time in 09:00, C=Time out 05:30, D=1/2 lunch (don't know how to write it, sometimes it is 1 hr lunch), E=Time in 12:30 (or 01:00), F=Time out, G=Total Regular hrs, H=Overtime. The overtime is figured if the time is over 8 hrs. If one of you wonderful readers could help me with this, I would really really appreciate ...

You should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method
Hi, I'm trying to test the vb.net-exercise "How to use a DataSet with the Office XP Chart Component and ASP.NET" on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303016/en-us Visual Studio rails against the expression: "xslTran.Transform(xmlDoc_ds, Nothing, context.Response.Output)" and comments: "Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output As System.IO.TextWriter)" is obsolete: "you should pass XmlResolver to Transform() method" Sorry, but that's an untasted field for me. Please tell m...

Workflow or other method of collecting cost into a record
I have a record called Group booking that is associated with Oppertunities. I want this Group booking form to have a method of collecting all the related Oppertunities cost field entires and storing them in the Group booking record. The idea is oppertunities are created agaisnt this Group Booking and then at soem point the total of those oppertunities costs needs to be collected and stored in the Group Booking in a field. Is it possible to do this in a workflow? An example would be great. I could do a report (except I dont have any report generating software!) but even then that won...

Overtime pay
It is possible to synchronize the marking clock of schedule for the employee with the modulate of payroll and to obtain therefore pay for overtime? -- Jorge R. ...

Virtual methods question
Sometimes an overriding method needs to call the base method at the beginning: override void Blah() { base.Blah(); // do stuff }//method sometimes at the end: override void Blah() { // do stuff base.Blah(); }//method sometimes in the middle: override void Blah() { // do stuff base.Blah(); // do more stuff }//method but sometimes you need to insert the overriding code in the middle of the base function: (or split the base method code in two) abstract void Blah(); void BlahEntry() { // do stuff Blah(); // virtual // do more stuff }//me...

Word degrades overtime
Some of my users have problems opening documents over time. I will install Office 2007 and everything works without having any problems. The problem is that Word 2007 will degrade overtime and documents will take about 3 minutes to open. When I uninstall Office 2007 and re-install it this fixes the problem, but it’s only a temporary fix. These users are mostly clerical staff and are consistently opening and closing documents. Each time the programs are installed or uninstalled entries to the registry are added or removed. so you might want to try out microsoft's ...

Calculating overtime For Calif. Employees
Our client does not use GP time and attendance module, but does have HR and Payroll. We integrate summarized payroll data into GP payroll from a separate application that manages their time and attendance. CA has unique overtime requirements: OT payable for any time over 8 hours in a day, Double time if over 12 hours; Double time if employee works seven days a week, are the three major provisions. Those of you who deal with CA payroll, Waht strategies do you employ to manage this? Thjanks in advance for your assistance REgards HS ...

copy method of worksheet class failed
I am getting a "copy method of worksheet class failed " error and a pretty sure it is because of all the copy statements I am performing. After about 17 copies I get the error. I am using 2000 and have rea that this problem was fixed but I am guessing that it hasn't been. I read where if I save the workbook, close it, and re-open it ever s many copies then this problem should be fixed. I must be doing something wrong because once I close it I can't get i open again. Which made sense because once you close a workbook isn' your macro closed too, so how can it reopen aga...

Advance Payroll
We use the Overtime Calculations in Advenced Payroll. The problem is when we set up a new employee and assign them to a class, the OT paycode gets set up automatically, but the calculation method doesn't. So the employee is set up with their overtime rate the same as the regular rate. Is there a way to have the overtime calculation method set up automatically or are we stuck with having to go to the OT paycode and adding the calculation method? Thanks for any feedback. ...

Best method to convert CString to char *..
Hi, I am using CString and for old methods, i have to give char * argument.. So, the easiest method and the least code method anyone can suggest... i am currently using.. char *char_ptr = m_str.GetBuffer(m_str.GetLength()); -- Jigar Mehta If you only want a c style null-terminated string pointer, you can use GetBuffer (0). Note that you only need to do this if you are going to modify the buffer. The built-in (LPCTSTR) operator handles most situations for you if the string is read-only. Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > I am using CString and for old methods, i have to give c...

Is there a method to quickly delete duplicate emails from a folder
Using the manual Archiving process has caused duplicate emails to appear in the archive folder. Is there a method to sort and delete the duplicates? I am using Outlook 2000. "tamplig" wrote in message news:B260DC5A-B24A-44A4-A6FB-67A2CAD99F9C@microsoft.com... > Using the manual Archiving process has caused duplicate emails to > appear in > the archive folder. Is there a method to sort and delete the > duplicates? I am > using Outlook 2000. Maybe sorting by modified date would group together the items that got moved together by the auto-archive operation, then ...