Order Management Business Portal

I just added Order Management to a Business Portal Installation and received
this in the error log. Was there something I was supposed to do first? What
do I do from this point?

Feature Id:  Order Management Internal
	    Location:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server
Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\BPOrderManagementInternal
	      Action:  Activate
	   Exception:  There is no Web named "/BP/Sales".
0
RichWheeler (196)

Manager Crashes after Feature Pack 1 Install
I've installed the Feature Pack 1 on my units here and it seems to have some really nice information, specifically in the purchase order modules. Good information provided that would have required multiple reports to be viewed before. The problem is that the Manager is crashing when multiple computers are using the purchase order module at the same time. Gives an error about temporary tables already being open (TEMPORDER1). Please help. Thanks. my mum has her own account thanks manager i just seen thomas mearkins car past in two secs "gchaimovitz" <gc...

Removing Customer ID & Sales Orders with posted Invoices
Hi, I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. Regards, Andrew Andrew, What exactly do you mean by 'remove'? "Illion" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b31701c46815$1b645a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer > record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it > affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. > > Regards, > Andrew Sorry...

eTimeSheets VS. Business Portal Time and Attendance
I've a client who is upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0. They use eTimeSheets extensively that ties into their Payroll system. We understand that eTimesheet is not supported anymore in 8.0 and need to go with Time and Attendance on Business Portal. Is there any documentaiton on this change? Anyone's done this before? Any help will be appreciated. ...

Insert pictures from picture manager to excel
With Office 2003 you can't drop pictures from the picture manager to excel. Are there any options to do this by patches and not by other graphic programms? Open Excel, Insert - Picture - from file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Matthias S." <MatthiasS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:913B787E-01B5-4934-8C87-60B9F2E6EE6A@microsoft.com... > With Office 2003 you can't drop pictures from the picture manager to > excel. > Are there any options to d...

Data Migration Manager: Salesforce.com
Hi The MS CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager has a pre-loaded data map for Salesforce.com but it just won't work out of the box... After 2.5 days 'trying' (and fixing things like Field Lengths that are too short (Ntext) even when this new attribute is created with DMM) I'm getting very frustrated... Does anyone know what the following upload error message means? "An error has occurred. Please see the log file for more information." "Generic SQL error." -- Thanks Ziggy geez , do any of the DM Maps actually work???!!!! I did a SF to MSCRM 3.0 migration...

Sort Order On P.O.
Until yesterday when we sorted on the "Order No." column of a Purchase Order, the values would sort numerically. Suddenly, inexplicably, the “Order No.” column now sorts as text values. Does anybody know how or why this could happen? More importantly, does anybody know how we can get this column to sort numerically again? Thanks, James B. ...

Payables Management query
Hi everybody - can somebody tell me which table holds the invoice information for payables management. I have to make a query that show which checks paid for which invoices and I have to include the invoice description as well. Thanks!! PM10000 - PM Transaction WORK File PM20000 - PM Transaction OPEN File PM30200 - PM Paid Transaction History File Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Michael, I have posted code for a SQL view that may already have everything you need except the invoice descrip...

Tool to monitor Business Portal
I would like to see a tool or utility similar to Great Plains's "User Activity" feature to allow me to monitor who is logged onto the Portal and give me the ability to kick people off when necessary. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:/...

>>>Customer Live Chat Thursday Aug 2nd: Inventory Management <<<
Microsoft Dynamics RMS - Inventory Management Thursday Aug 2nd 10:00am PST Have questions about managing your inventory in Microsoft Dynamics RMS? Want to learn more about item types, tracking inventory, purchasing, or the new matrix item features? Chat with Retail Management System feature experts about these or any other inventory issues. Sign up: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/default.mspx -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Receiving entry from purchase order
while receiving from purchase order system allows me to enter qty what ever i want even greater then PO qty, this is not as per our business logic, some body tell me any way so i will be able to put a chek on any extra receiving then the PO qty. Malik, In Receivings TRX Entry, You can block the user from editing costs or changing Site ID by going to POP Setup window and check marking the same. However, there is no control as such to stop users from entering QTY either less or more than the PO QTY. You have the following options in case you are looking for this control 1. Setup a S...

Delete order when state is complete
Hi!, It is possible to eliminate an order when the state is complete? Thanks! Once the order is completed it goes into a read-only state and it's not possible to delete it. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Chuti" <el_chuti@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1162824118.030948.298960@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi!, > > It is possible to elim...

Manage Offline Inventory & Reason Codes
Is there a way to FORCE an employee to use a reason code on the manager side when adding an item into Manage Offline Inventory? Also is there a way to delete an item that was added? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Purchase Order Enhancements #2
I have a user ID who reports to 2 seperste line managers, but the PO Enhancements screen does not support this scenario. The line managers do not want to see everybody's orders so this option is not a possibility. Any ideas. -- K.McConville Two separate user ids for the user, depending on which department they are working. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Keith McConville" wrote: > I have a user ID who repo...

Unable to publish with Deployment Manager
Hi! I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a "picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my changes I receive an UGLY error : Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details. CGIHOUINET2: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me much. The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of "exception."): Source...

Outlook Today Task List Order
XP Home, Outlook 2003 In the Tasks folder, I can customize the view so that I can manually move tasks up and down in the list. How can I make this manually created list order appear in Outlook Today? It appears that in Outlook Today I can not customize the task list view, other than assigning sort orders, is it true? -- ICQ# ...

Vendor Credit Summary Inquiry
In the Vendor Credit Summary Inquiry window, there is a field called "On Order". This is supposed the be the dollar amount of open purchase orders for this vendor. How can we reconcile this amount? I can't find a report to give us this info. According to the manual, this amount should include only those PO's with a status of Released or Change Order. I can't even get a SmartList to come with this this amount. We've run all the checklinks and reconciles. Elaine: According to the Help files, this amount is the sum of all the 'Remaining Subtotals' ...

Disable Price Locking When Quote Converted to an Order
When an order is created for a quote the price is locked so cannot be changed (unlike when creating an order direct). We only use Quotes and Orders to monitor correspondence not as a the primary sales order mechanism so we need teh flexibilty of making changes after the order is created. Does anybody know how this can be disabled? thanks Scott ...

How can I change order of pages in a fold brochure in publisher
When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to print are you checking current page or typing the page number? What version Publisher are you using? "JudieM" wrote: > When I work on the pages on the screen it shows pages 2 & 3 and the page > preview shows 2 & 3 but when I go to print page 3 comes out as page 5. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Is your publication setup as a booklet? When you go to prin...

Folder order reversed in folder list (Outlook 2000)
In Outlook 2000, for most of our users, the Outlook Today folder appears at the top of the folder list, followed by personal folders in alphabetical order. However, for one particular user, the order of his folder list has somehow become reversed - Outlook Today appears at the bottom of the list. Is there an easy way to remedy this? ...

Change PO Status of Released, Change Order & New to Closed or Canc
Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or New status to closed or Cancelled. We are currently on Version 9.0 Is there a way to do a mass update using a date criteria? I am trying to do the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process but this only pulls PO's that have Closed or Cancelled status. It does not pull any PO's that have Released, Change order or New status. Thank you Sameena Khalfan PromoWorks "Julie B" wrote: > Need a non-manual method to change a Purchase Order Released, Change Order or > New status to closed or Ca...

Update free/busy data
Every now and then, with Outlook 2002 open, I get the following error message: "Unable to update free/busy data." What does this mean and could it be responsible for interfering with my email reception? ...

Form design to add data to 3 tables in "Order Entry" style db
Sorry if this is a duplicate. I thought I posted it yesterday but couldn't find it today... I need help figuring out the best way to design a form for data entry in the "Order Entry" style, adding data to three related tables. For clarity I have eliminated several fields. Here are the three tables, plus the fourth that is a reference table: tblCustomers: CustID (pk), CustName tblOrders: OrderID (pk), OrderDate, CustID (fk) tblOrderProd: OrderProdID (pk), OrderID (fk), ProdID (fk) tblProducts: ProdID (pk), ProdName Each Customer is associated with one or mo...

How to set controls' Z-order
I'm trying to modify the Z order of a (CStatic label) control so it appears on top of a (CStatic bitmap) control. My bitmap background covers the entire dialog window and is created in the resource editor. I want all my controls that I create at run time to go on top of the background. So in my OnInitDialog().. // CStatic *Label1; (in the class decl) Label1 = new CStatic(); Label1->Create(_T("Label1 !"), WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE, CRect(700, 500, 800, 600), this); Label1->SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE); And the label ...

Top Eleven Inane Questions (in no particular order)
1) Is there a viewer? 2) Why can't I print borderless? 3) Why can't I open files from a different version? 4) Why can't I save across a network? 5) How do I save as PDF? 6) Why does my printer not work with Publisher? It works with Word/Excel/Access, etc. 7) Why are my Publisher 2000 files so large? 8) I have Picture It Publisher. Why can't I open pub files? 9) Why can't I see any pictures? 10) I can't change pages in my document! 11) It tells me it can't open publications from a different version, but the versions are the same! W...

Business Portal extranet setup
Hello: In Part 5 of the BP Installation Guide, it tells me that if I am using a named SQL instance for GP, I have to create an alias. What about Sharepoint? What if I have the content and configuration databases on a named SQL instance? Is there something similar that has to be changed so it loads properly when the server is in a different subnet from the SQL server? Should I have just performed a typical install of Sharepoint on the BP server instead of the server farm option? Second, since I am not using ISA Server (I have a Sonicwall firewall), will this still work as long as I get t...