Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks

Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a
printer after clicking print.  From print payables checks In 7.5 when they
would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to
select a printer to send their checks to.  Now it automatically goes to their
defaulted printer.  How do they set up the option in 9.0?
0
TROOTBMI (20)

Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the
printer dialog box.  This should solve your problem
Best regards
Mike
"TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to
> select a
> printer after clicking print.  From print payables checks In 7.5 when they
> would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to
> select a printer to send their checks to.  Now it automatically goes to
> their
> defaulted printer.  How do they set up the option in 9.0?

I don't think this is the System Print Dialog not showing.  The System Print
Dialog allows margins and number of copies to be changed, but does not allow
the changing of the printer.

You must set Named Printers for the appropriate Printer Tasks to Manual
Selection, or choose a printer class mode and leave the printer ID blank.
Then you will be asked to set the printer or select a Printer ID before it
prints.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Named Printers
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"MichaelG" <mgreymontnospam@mhgcg.com> wrote in message
> Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress
> the printer dialog box.  This should solve your problem
> Best regards
> Mike
> "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to
>> select a
>> printer after clicking print.  From print payables checks In 7.5 when
>> they
>> would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to
>> select a printer to send their checks to.  Now it automatically goes to
>> their
>> defaulted printer.  How do they set up the option in 9.0?

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
4/3/2008 1:20:42 AM
Well, I was close, thanks Maha Dave!
Mike

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't think this is the System Print Dialog not showing.  The System
>Print Dialog allows margins and number of copies to be changed, but does
>not allow the changing of the printer.
>
> You must set Named Printers for the appropriate Printer Tasks to Manual
> Selection, or choose a printer class mode and leave the printer ID blank.
> Then you will be asked to set the printer or select a Printer ID before it
> prints.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Original Developer of Named Printers
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>
> "MichaelG" <mgreymontnospam@mhgcg.com> wrote in message
>> Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress
>> the printer dialog box.  This should solve your problem
>> Best regards
>> Mike
>> "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to
>>> select a
>>> printer after clicking print.  From print payables checks In 7.5 when
>>> they
>>> would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to
>>> select a printer to send their checks to.  Now it automatically goes to
>>> their
>>> defaulted printer.  How do they set up the option in 9.0?

This solved the problem.  Thank You!

"MichaelG" wrote:

> Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the
> printer dialog box.  This should solve your problem
> Best regards
> Mike
> "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to
> > select a
> > printer after clicking print.  From print payables checks In 7.5 when they
> > would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to
> > select a printer to send their checks to.  Now it automatically goes to
> > their
> > defaulted printer.  How do they set up the option in 9.0?

0
TROOTBMI (20)

Dynamic Data Series Selection from Data Validation Dropdown?
I want to create a dynamic graph with dropdown selections for the varying data series. I tried: Defined series names using the top cell of each column, created a pull-down via a Data Validation List which chooses from the top cell of each column of data, then created a chart and selected the pull-down cell containing the desired data series. The result is apparently "0" rather than the desired series name. Is there a fix or alternative for this? I do not want to use OFFSET function shown in many tutorials as my data set names and/or column order may change with each data ...

Publisher 97 will not print graphics
I recently bought a new computer with Windows XP. It did not come with Publisher, so I am using Publisher 97 from my old set-up. It always worked great. Now, on the new computer, the graphics will not print. Is it a compatiblity issue with XP? I really don't want to purchase an upgrade just for my holiday newsletters and party invitations, but I do like how Publisher is easy to use and more flexible than a "greeting card" program. When you go to print in Publisher 97, there is a check off "Do Not Print Pictures" un-tick this. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.m...

RMS matrix attribute option
Adding an existing item in the RMS 2.0.0114 matrix with 219 attributes and 826 items and saving it takes about 2 hours to complete (using Windows XP SP2 Pentium D 3.0 Ghz with 2 G RAM). Since the backend is SQL Server, we don’t see any reason for the application not to support matrix records of this size, considering that the Item has 219 attributes and 826 items only. I think it would be better if RMS has the option not to load the existing attributes for the dropdown list. Just enable the addition of new dimensions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

Why No "Format Cells" Choice Option Always ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. When I select a Column of numbers, I usually see a choice for "Format Cells" At other times, for different Columns (also with numbers in the cells, I do not get the Format Cells choice. All that shows up as being selectable are: Cut, Copy, Clear Contents Why might this be ? Thanks ...

Select Calender for Adding New Appointments
I have created a command button on my Access form that enters the birthday of the individual into my default Outlook calendar. However, I want to add this information to a specific public calendar on my network instead. How can I do this? Secondly, is it possible to link entries in my database with specific Outlook appointments so that a change in the database changes the appointment? For instance, if an individual in the database has an Outlook appointment for his birthday then that individual's information is modified or removed, can a corresponding action be taken in the Outlook calend...

Why is redirect rule absent from my rules and alerts options?
Outlook 2003 help at <http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA011502011033.aspx?pid=CH063564671033> offers a choice of either forwarding or redirecting mail. I want to redirect mail to a webmail address to access it more easily while travelling. Redirect suits me better than forwarding, as forwarded mail all appears to come from me (i.e. original sender is not visible until mail is opened -- bit inconvenient). The forwarding option/s are visible among the checkboxes under 'Rules and alerts' but there is no sign of the 'Redirect it to people or distribution list&#...

How do you input savings transfers from checking to savings?
I'll probably find out that this was somethgin simple all along but: How do you categorize transfers from Checking to Savings, if you automatically download all of your transactions from your bank? I have $100 automatically transfer from my checking account to savings, every friday. In effect, paying myself about $400 a month that just gets put away. I don't follow whether that should be counted as Income or Expense. What type? Is it an expense from checking and treated as income in Savings? Similarly, I'm enrolled in the Band of America "Keep the Change" program. ...

Receipt printing #4
Is there a way to disable the 2nd receipt(merchant copy) from printing? Thanks in advance. ...

Problem with Excel distorting pictures during printing
I have a circular business logo which when printed gets distorted. This only happens in Excel and not in Word. It almost appears that the aspect ratio is not locked... but it is. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
Hi, Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup, When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options, It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not , In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark, But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup, What could be the problem Thank you & Bets Regards, Yakov Do you have a rule set to move messages? If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule. "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304C2EEA-5839-47B1-A737-475921A51D...

Power options issue 06-24-10
When I click on Control Panel and then Power Options and set turn off monitor to 20 minutes and turn off hard drive to 20 minutes nothing happens. However if I change those settings to turn off monitor to 1 minute and turn off hard drive to 3 minutes it works every time. I do not know what the problem is or how to correct it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. You should also know that no changes to my system have been made since this problem started happening. The turn off cannot be executed until the computer is not running anything for the amount of time you selec...

Options okn Tools Menu
I have a user who is using Excel 97. When he goes to the menu bar and selects Tools then Options, the Options chioce is there but when you clck on it it does nothing. Has anyone had this issue before and if so how can I get his Options functionality back? Excel and Office has been uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Maybe this is it: XL97: Page Fault or Violation When You Click Options on the Tools Menu http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;108032 sounds like it describes your Tools|Options problem (it says it was corrected in xl97 SR2). Ron Davidson wrote:...

Insert Acount# in the PO print
Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO Thank you jm wrote: > Can some one please let me know where I should place this variable: > "PurchaseOrder.Supplier.AccountNumber" in the PO.xml file > I woud like to be able to print the Acount # in the PO > Thank you > Into receipt header? Open your XML.. and find field date of receipt.. but why you have no AccountNumber into your PO.xml ? Antonio Thank you for a...

Can I print bold text with unbolded border
I can format a cell with bold text and unbolded underline but when I print it prints bold underline. Is there anyway to print the text as bold and the underline as not bold? Probably not. Underlining is a function of the Font menu, so bold fonts have bold underlines. However, you can use the Border menu in Format-Cells to apply an unbolded bottom border to the cell. "KoriBustard" <KoriBustard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5561A99-2217-4037-9280-E30CEBF5D7A1@microsoft.com... >I can format a cell with bold text and unbolded underline but when I prin...

Results on Combo Box selection or last update
I have a database that tracks all active programs and their funding status, which is suppose to be reported every two weeks. I have a query that is dependent upon a report date selection in Combo0 which works perfectly but now I need the query to pull those reports that not only match the date selection in the combo box but list the latest record for those that did not have input to match that datereport So in my query I have the below statement under the criteria of the datereport field and that works great to capture the selected date from the combo box. [Forms]![frmRptQuery]![Co...

Change printing options based on tender types
I have curerntly setup our POS registers to automotically print 40-column receipts and to prompt the user for whether or not to print a large 80-column invoice. However, I would like to have large invoices automatically print for all charge account tenders. Is there a way to specify the print behavior based on the tender type for the transaction? Thanks, Paul Arenson Anderson Plywood Sales, Culver City, CA not without an add-in. Seems like someone posted something about that within the last few weeks - try searching the newsgroup. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://ww...

Adding on Option to an Option Group
I have created a form to give a report of 3 tables and give the user the ability to sort on a column by checking the check box on the header. I had to add another field to one of the tables and now need to add this to the option group.. how? Thanks Sue Found it - for others, you need to add the field to the record source for the form, then with the option group selected, open the field list and drag the new field onto the option group (at least I hope that is it) Sue (Sometimes it actually pays off to have a stack of books over a foot high on Access) "Design by Sue" wrote...

Remove Marketing and Service Option from Left Nav Bar
When the only entity selected in a security role is Account access, we would like the options for Marketing and Service not to be seen in the left hand Nav bar. -- Thanks, Justin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

AP Trail Balance should have option to select by due date
I believe the AP Aged Trial Balance could be enhanced to allow to select transactions by a due date range. That way the report will provide a list of invoices that a due within a specific due date range. I have a clinet that has requested this functionality. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

How to revalue an option buttons
Hi, I have option group in from to add values in table. These options use to add a percentage to the table. The first one has 50% labels; the second one has 55% and so on to 100%. The problem is when I retype the value of each option from 1 to 0.50 the value returns to 0. Can any body help me revaluing the value of each option? Thanks!! Check the field type, if its Long or Integer it will round the number and 0.5 will turn into 0. Change the field type to Double or Single -- Good Luck BS"D "Jon" wrote: > Hi, > I have option group in from to add values in table...

business card printing creates large file
If I print 500 business cards to my laser printer, it spools a massive 500 meg file and it takes 20 minutes to get started. I unchecked the collate box thinking this might do something, but it did not. Any ideas on this one? What version Publisher? A document may take a longer time than expected to print or the print spool file may be larger in Office 2003 or in Office XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904948/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Is this Possible
I have a combo box that looks up a the feilds in a table. Then, in my QBE grid, (that a report is based on), in the FIELD row, I say [Forms]![frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] so it will pick up the field that was chosen, by my combo box on a form. But I haven't gotten it to work... Any suggestions? (Access just wants to turn it into a an expression: Expr1:[Forms]! [frmQuery_Control_Panel].[cboLAQ] which doesn't help me very much. Is there another way to do this? (so I don't have to build a query/report for every field we want to report on)? On Fri, 26 Feb 2010...

Insert options
I've recently been "upgraded" to Office 2010 from Office 2003 and find the "Ribbon" interface really horrible. A good example is in Excel. In Excel 2003 if I wanted to insert a row or column it was simple. Go to the insert menu and select either rows or columns. To do the same task in Excel 2010 the logical place to go is the "Insert" ribbon. This lets me insert lots of things, but none of them are rows or columns. To do that I have to go to the "Home" ribbon and then there is an Insert button from where I can insert rows or columns. I thought one ...

Printing Envelopes
May be in wrong gropy, if I am I apologize. Am trying to print envelopes from MS Word using a Outlook Contacts Subfolder. Some address in the folder print ok except they are missing the Mr or Mrs heading and some do not even have the addresses when they go to print. They have the information in the folder correctly but the information just does not come through to the envelope setup?? Any Ideas what I am failing to do or what I don't have set right?? Thanks ...

data validation
Is it possible to create a similar function like data validation, from which I can select multiple options? (Background: I need a list of many names, from which I case by case can select). Not really. Maybe you could use a listbox. I added a listbox from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. I called it "List Box 1". I rightclicked on that listbox and chose Format Control. On the Control tab, I chose Selection Type of Multi. I also pointed at the range that held the values that go in that listbox. Then I added a button from the Forms toolbar (I click the button when I'm d...