Only "localserver" is displayed in the GP Utilities login screen

We are running Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, SQL Server 2005 Standard 64-bit.

I created two 32-bit ODBC system DSNs for the server INSTANCE02. One native
sql client the other a standard SQL ODBC.

Installed GP 9.0 per the installation checklist. Once I got to the GP
Utilities only localserver was an option for server.

I tested both ODBC system DSN and both were successful.

Rebooted the server and still cannot see the ODBC entries I created in the
GP Utilities login window.

Is there something I'm missing?
0
dave871 (679)

Recent KB article in MBS

"The Server list is empty in the logon window of Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
when you are running Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 on a 64-bit version of the
operating system"
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;918983

------
Robert

> We are running Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, SQL Server 2005 Standard
> 64-bit.
>
> I created two 32-bit ODBC system DSNs for the server INSTANCE02. One
> native
> sql client the other a standard SQL ODBC.
>
> Installed GP 9.0 per the installation checklist. Once I got to the GP
> Utilities only localserver was an option for server.
>
> I tested both ODBC system DSN and both were successful.
>
> Rebooted the server and still cannot see the ODBC entries I created in the
> GP Utilities login window.
>
> Is there something I'm missing?

0
Robert
6/23/2006 1:55:03 AM
Hi I have same problem in VISTA also server list is empty in GP Utilities
Login drop down, You have any idea how can we fix it ODBC created using 32 bit

"Robert Cavill" wrote:

> Recent KB article in MBS
>
> "The Server list is empty in the logon window of Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> when you are running Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 on a 64-bit version of the
> operating system"
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;918983
>
> ------
> Robert
>
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are running Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, SQL Server 2005 Standard
> > 64-bit.
> >
> > I created two 32-bit ODBC system DSNs for the server INSTANCE02. One
> > native
> > sql client the other a standard SQL ODBC.
> >
> > Installed GP 9.0 per the installation checklist. Once I got to the GP
> > Utilities only localserver was an option for server.
> >
> > I tested both ODBC system DSN and both were successful.
> >
> > Rebooted the server and still cannot see the ODBC entries I created in the
> > GP Utilities login window.
> >
> > Is there something I'm missing?

0
MANS1 (11)

Only "localserver" is displayed in the GP Utilities login screen
We are running Windows 2003 Server 64-bit, SQL Server 2005 Standard 64-bit. I created two 32-bit ODBC system DSNs for the server INSTANCE02. One native sql client the other a standard SQL ODBC. Installed GP 9.0 per the installation checklist. Once I got to the GP Utilities only localserver was an option for server. I tested both ODBC system DSN and both were successful. Rebooted the server and still cannot see the ODBC entries I created in the GP Utilities login window. Is there something I'm missing? Recent KB article in MBS "The Server list is empty in the logon window of ...