one sided posting entry in gp?

how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided entry
that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to be a
document on customer source; but i cant find it.

Thanks for any information
0
2020 (110)

I'm unclear as to why you need a one sided entry instead of backing
out one of the double sided entries that posted incorrectly.

To backout one of those entries click "Correct" on the JE Transaction
Entry Screen (Transactions->Financial->General)

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, 2020 <2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided entry
> that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to be a
> document on customer source; but i cant find it.
>
> Thanks for any information

0
mpolino (496)
9/18/2007 8:03:07 PM
The option to do one-side entries went away with the pre-SQL database
formats. There was a utility you could download for the prior versions.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> I'm unclear as to why you need a one sided entry instead of backing
> out one of the double sided entries that posted incorrectly.
>
> To backout one of those entries click "Correct" on the JE Transaction
> Entry Screen (Transactions->Financial->General)
>
> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>

> On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, 2020 <2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided entry
> > that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to be a
> > document on customer source; but i cant find it.
> >
> > Thanks for any information

0
callen (2504)
9/18/2007 10:16:02 PM
Charles,

The tool you are thinking of GLDel, actually let you delete one side of a
single sided entry, it didn't let you create the missing half.  Of course
with deleting one side you could always re-enter the JE correctly.

The equivalent would be just to go into sql and delete it if you really do
have this occurance.  Of course standard warning messages apply, Make a
backup, this is not GAAP compliant, etc etc.

make sure to reconcile your fiscal periods to recalc summary amounts because
of the now missing entry.

patrick
developer support

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> The option to do one-side entries went away with the pre-SQL database
> formats. There was a utility you could download for the prior versions.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:
>
>> I'm unclear as to why you need a one sided entry instead of backing
>> out one of the double sided entries that posted incorrectly.
>>
>> To backout one of those entries click "Correct" on the JE Transaction
>> Entry Screen (Transactions->Financial->General)
>>
>> Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)
>>

>> On Sep 18, 12:54 pm, 2020 <2...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> > how would I create a one sided entry in GP to correct a double sided
>> > entry
>> > that posted twice ( due to a system failer a month ago)? There used to
>> > be a
>> > document on customer source; but i cant find it.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any information

0
prot1 (1346)

can excel check one column against another
Hi. I have a spreadsheet with columns such as A, B, C, D, filled with numbers. Each row across such as row 1, then row 2, then row 3, etc of numbers is totaled in column E. Countless rows, each of which is totaled per row and then ends with a grand total at bottom of column E. Next comes columns F, G, H, also filled with numbers (but different numbers), which is totaled per row in Column I. At the bottom of Column I is a grand total. Even though arrived at using different sets of numbers, -both grand totals - in columns E and I must match. Sometimes they don't match. Ouch. So here is m...

Strip Flat File Table into less entries
I have a table I found that is essentially a 'hierarchical' table but laid out in such a way I can't really use it w/o further processing. Essentially it is currently something like this Type | Type Code | Subtype | SubType Code | SubSubType | SubSubType Code I really just want to end up with Type | Type Code | Parent Code So I might have Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Orange | 1001001 Fruit | 100000 | Citrus | 100100 | Lemon | 1001002 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Cantelope | 100201 Fruit | 100000 | Melon | 100200 | Honeydew | 100202 Meat ...

why crash in the second method of one interface
Hi, Using one class generated from *.tlb to call 2 methods of one COM. The strange thing is that I got one error of the "First-chance exception in : 0xC0000005: Access Violation" in the second method. I also use ASP web page to call both methods of this COM and both methods seems is OK. ITemplateManage mytemplate; if (!mytemplate.CreateDispatch("comobj.TemplateManage")) { IDE_Error::Report (ComError|1,"ComObj.TemplateManage in FUN_Template::Add()"); return false; } result = mytemplate.Check (templatefilename); decodeparameter=mytemplate.GetInfo (templ...

MSR Credit Card Reader adds all the information on one line
Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # line. Thanks in advance! What type of CC reader(MSR) to you have? Typically this is an issue with simply configuring the MSR. Rob "Steakum" wrote: > Is there a way to get the CC reader to properly seperate the the acct # from > the expiration date? When I swipe I currently get everything on the acct # > line. > > Thanks in advance! Its a IDTECH Minimag USB/Keyboard Interface Do I need to select the Wedge Key...

Duplicate Transactions, One When Pending, One When Posted
I'm sure this has been addressed, but I couldn't seem to find an answer searching: My problem is, a transaction occurs at my bank, and MM2K7 downloads the data for it. Once that transaction moves from "Pending" to "Posted" at my bank, the transaction data changes, so MM downloads it again. Sometimes I get a possible duplicate message from MM, sometimes I don't. What are people doing to handle this situation? Thank you. This is a problem with your bank, not with Money. Eventually they should fix it. Call them. In the meantime VOID the pending transacti...

Entry Point was not Found
The other night I was copying a large file to an external USB hard drive. I decided to go to bed and when I woke up and returned to the PC, I saw a BSOD. And damned if I now can't find the scrap of paper I wrote down the details on!!! Sorry [hangs head]! I will post back when I locate it. It was a memory dump. Anyway, I Googled and the only suggestion that I thought was worth trying was to open a command prompt, change the directory to C:\windows\system32, and enter the following command: regsvr32 usbmon.dll I wasn't sure if this would fix the problem, but I figure...

grid off on one page
Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:37:11 -0600, "greg" <iuouh@ghfhg.com> wrote: >Is it possible to turn the grid off of only one page? Not really as it is a document wide setting.... however, there is workaround open the page shapesheet menu window -> Show shapesheet and set XGridSpacing and YGridSpacing to a large value. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. SSADM for Visio http://www.saadm.sandrila.co.uk/ On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:47:53 +0000, Paul Herber <SubstituteMyFirstNameHere@pherber.com> wro...

One to One relationship
I have an Events entity that is an offshoot from the Contacts entity. Basically, it tracks what events each contact has been invited to, and is used mainly by the Events Coordinator. I've set it up as a One (Contact) to Many (Events) relationship. However, I really only want one event form for each contact form. The reason I've set up a different entity rather than just adding a tab is that access to this entity needs to be tightly controlled. Obviously, if many events forms are created for the one contact, it would be very difficult to tell which one is accurate etc. Is it possibl...

Next Date given one date
At this time, I cannot use VBA. Here is my objective: For a given treasury note security: Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of the "first coupon date". Logically speaking: * Security pays 2 times each year * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15 * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04. * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04. Can this be...

Integration Manager GP 9.0
Hi to all, can anyone help me on this 3 types of integration manager: a. integration manager - Conversions b. integration manager - financials c. integration manager - distribution can you give me some information of the three types, their differences and features. hope to reply as soon as possible. -- Jeremy Ayaay Technical Manager STRC Conversions gives you access to all integrations for a limited time - 90 days I think Financials gives you integrations to the master tables and AP and AR transactions. Maybe IV & UPR(US Payroll) TRX as well Distribution gives you SOP and POP i...

data conversion from Mastertools to GP
Is there a tool to convert data from Mastertools accounting systems to GP? If not, any idea how data could be converted? What levels of detail can be converted, account summary, transactions, transaction detail???? -- accountant My method for converting tables (I have been doing this for almost 40 years now) is to export the source data to a text file (like an Excel CSV table) and use the Integration Manger to load GP. You can easily load master files (customers, vendors, inventory items, et cetera) and most transactions. Typically open receivables and payables are imported as well...

route inbound email from ip to one folder
Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain IP address to a single folder? Our company is receiving emails from a source that we do not wish to receive, and would like these email to be directed to a singe folder rather than blocking them. Any ideas? Thanks. you could send them to the turf dir... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245465 "daine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11d501c4263d$f4d05110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to route any incoming email from a certain > IP address to a single ...

One client (Server 2k8-R2/HyperV) will not sync with DPM
We have been running DPM successfully for about a year now without any major problems. Recently we added a new server - a fairly robust PowerEdge that will be housing 4 HyperV VMs. For whatever reason, I can't get anything but the HyperV "Initial Store" to sync correctly. I thought initially it might be a problem with the HyperV machines, but it also fails to back up a small directory of files on the host drive. The oddest part about this is I really don't get an error. It will try an initial sync and run for a day or two and show very minimal data tr...

Exchange 5.5 - One Organization
Hello - I am having a problem that I would like some more information on. I have One Organization (5.5) and 16 Sites (5.5) and would like to know why I can't stop the other sites from sending mail through me. If I can, I would like to know how. Thanks for any help. what do you mean by "sending mail through me"? What mail? Internet email? Does each site have its own Internet Mail Service? Or is your site kind of the "hub" where all Internet email comes in and goes out? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dave.mudgett" <davemudgett@discussions.microsoft....

See more than one tab at a time
I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or more tabs from the same worksheet On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:57:03 -0700, "rocky59" <rocky59@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to be able to see more than one Tab at a time in Excel. >Currently I'm able to see two Tabs from different worksheets, but not two or >more tabs from the same worksheet That would be because each tab represents a single worksheet. Clicking on the tab would move you from where ...

SOP Transaction Entry
We have just started to use SOP for our invoicing to customer. We are just getting it started for October 1. However, we have a couple quirky things that we need to show on the customer invoice. We are a printer and sometimes do donations of print work. However, we recognize it as a print sale in total and then do a credit for the donation portion to expense to our contributions account. I am trying to find out how to do this as an SOP invoice. We usually show the customer the amount of donation and the balance due on their part. I tried to enter a negative amount in the misc line...

Why Would You Lose Sound On One User
WXP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 3 with all current updates Dell Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80Ghz 2.79Ghz, 512 MB RAM System has three users all with admin rights - User 1(primary - me), User 2 (wife), and System Admin. (which I made visible on desktop). I (User 1) have lost sound when attempting to play CD's, and other audio files using WMP 11, however, I can still hear system sounds. User 2 and System Admin. still have full sound. System restore does not help ( in this case I only had a restore point from 5 days ago. Any thoughts? -- Skeeter "Old age and ...

Combining two fields into one in a query for a report
The database I am working on is to keep track of parts that are either in their storage area (on a shelf) or on an assembly line. I have two fields, one called Shelf and every part has a shelf assigned to it. The other field is Line and if a part in on an assembly line, there is a number indicating that line, if the part is on it's shelf, the word STOCK appears in the line field. (Has to be this way for the rest of the database to work, so this is not up for question) Now, I need to creat a report to show where all parts are. If they are on a line the result needs to show the l...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

Post Through General Ledger Files Will not Save
My accounting department is trying to set the "Post Through General Ledger Files" setting in the Posting Setup window. They click it and save but when they go back into it, the setting is unchecked again. We are running version 9.00.0365 Hi Jason, I'm not a big fan of the design of the Posting Setup window, so I suspect that your users are running into the issue I've seen elsewhere. When the users open the Posting Setup window, make sure that they *always* select BOTH a Series AND an Origin. If you do not select values in both of those drop down lists, t...

transferring money from one computer to another
Folks, I just got this laptop which I really like, but unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get my MS Money program (not the files-- that's a no-brainer) to my new computer. I downloaded the program and did not get the CD for it. Is there a way to do it? Both of these computers are mine, so I should be able to, but I can't figure it out. Thanks! Govind... There are almost no apps that can be moved from one machine to another these day. Almost all require having the installation routines. This is why I always recommend against "download" installations. &qu...

One-to-one relationship
I am importing a DB from Filemaker with info about students (names, address, etc.). There is just one table and because it has been used for many years, it cannot be changed. I have created another table for additional student enrollment information. I have created a one-to-one relationship between the two tables using an autonumber primary key in the student table and a number primary key in the enrollment table. I have created two forms to add information to the tables. All new students are added via the old student form first. When I switch to the new student form, I can...

mstsc fails to connect on one of two laptops
I have to nearly identical HP laptops. Both are the same model, both are running Vista64 Home Premium. With mstsc, I can connect to my XP Pro SP3 system with no trouble at all. But on the other one, the connection fails with an illuminating "Cannot connect" message. No details as to why. I tried copying the Default.rdb file from the machine that can connect to the other one. That made no difference. I tried connecting as a different user, creating another .rdp file, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Jason In article <#UUSfR4wKHA.3564@TK2MS...

Pull publishers up and only one out of ten pages shows up. Why?
I am using Publisher 2003. I made a booklet and had 60 some odd pages on it, but when I pull it up now only 1 page shows. Why? and what have I done or can do to correct this problem? ...