OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order

I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order.  After I do this, the note
appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time.  If you delete
the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders.  Order
numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch,
etc.  I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders.  We
have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with
notes until recently.
0
MDavis1 (22)

The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase
article on how to update the notes master table so no new notes will be
duplicated. However, there is no automated fix for correcting existing
records.

What you will need to do is update the NOTEINDX value in SOP10100 with a new
note value for those transactions that are duplicating the correct
transaction. If order 0001 has the right note and orders 0002 through 0010
are duplicating it, then the NOTEINDX value of orders 0002 through 0010 need
to be manually updated behind the scenes to a new NOTEINDX.

The article will tell you which table stores the notes. You will want to get
the next note number and use it to update the orders. If the next note number
is 2429, then order 0002 would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2429, order 0003
would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2430, etc. Once you update your data, you
would want to run the fix provided in the article.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mike Davis" wrote:

> I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order.  After I do this, the note
> appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time.  If you delete
> the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders.  Order
> numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch,
> etc.  I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders.  We
> have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with
> notes until recently.
0
callen (2505)
5/1/2006 4:16:02 PM
I had looked in the knowledgebase before posting but was unable to find a
relevant article, I searched again but still could not locate the article
about updating the notes master table.  Can you post the KB article number,
or the subject so I can pull it up?

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase
> article on how to update the notes master table so no new notes will be
> duplicated. However, there is no automated fix for correcting existing
> records.
>
> What you will need to do is update the NOTEINDX value in SOP10100 with a new
> note value for those transactions that are duplicating the correct
> transaction. If order 0001 has the right note and orders 0002 through 0010
> are duplicating it, then the NOTEINDX value of orders 0002 through 0010 need
> to be manually updated behind the scenes to a new NOTEINDX.
>
> The article will tell you which table stores the notes. You will want to get
> the next note number and use it to update the orders. If the next note number
> is 2429, then order 0002 would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2429, order 0003
> would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2430, etc. Once you update your data, you
> would want to run the fix provided in the article.
>

> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Mike Davis" wrote:
>
> > I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order.  After I do this, the note
> > appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time.  If you delete
> > the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders.  Order
> > numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch,
> > etc.  I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders.  We
> > have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with
> > notes until recently.
0
MDavis1 (22)
5/1/2006 4:27:03 PM
If you search using "Note index" you will see the following article in the
list: 872678.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mike Davis" wrote:

> I had looked in the knowledgebase before posting but was unable to find a
> relevant article, I searched again but still could not locate the article
> about updating the notes master table.  Can you post the KB article number,
> or the subject so I can pull it up?
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase
> > article on how to update the notes master table so no new notes will be
> > duplicated. However, there is no automated fix for correcting existing
> > records.
> >
> > What you will need to do is update the NOTEINDX value in SOP10100 with a new
> > note value for those transactions that are duplicating the correct
> > transaction. If order 0001 has the right note and orders 0002 through 0010
> > are duplicating it, then the NOTEINDX value of orders 0002 through 0010 need
> > to be manually updated behind the scenes to a new NOTEINDX.
> >
> > The article will tell you which table stores the notes. You will want to get
> > the next note number and use it to update the orders. If the next note number
> > is 2429, then order 0002 would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2429, order 0003
> > would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2430, etc. Once you update your data, you
> > would want to run the fix provided in the article.
> >

> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Mike Davis" wrote:
> >
> > > I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order.  After I do this, the note
> > > appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time.  If you delete
> > > the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders.  Order
> > > numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch,
> > > etc.  I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders.  We
> > > have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with
> > > notes until recently.
0
callen (2505)
5/2/2006 2:28:01 PM
Thanks!

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> If you search using "Note index" you will see the following article in the
> list: 872678.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Mike Davis" wrote:
>
> > I had looked in the knowledgebase before posting but was unable to find a
> > relevant article, I searched again but still could not locate the article
> > about updating the notes master table.  Can you post the KB article number,
> > or the subject so I can pull it up?
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase
> > > article on how to update the notes master table so no new notes will be
> > > duplicated. However, there is no automated fix for correcting existing
> > > records.
> > >
> > > What you will need to do is update the NOTEINDX value in SOP10100 with a new
> > > note value for those transactions that are duplicating the correct
> > > transaction. If order 0001 has the right note and orders 0002 through 0010
> > > are duplicating it, then the NOTEINDX value of orders 0002 through 0010 need
> > > to be manually updated behind the scenes to a new NOTEINDX.
> > >
> > > The article will tell you which table stores the notes. You will want to get
> > > the next note number and use it to update the orders. If the next note number
> > > is 2429, then order 0002 would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2429, order 0003
> > > would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2430, etc. Once you update your data, you
> > > would want to run the fix provided in the article.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

0
MDavis1 (22)
5/2/2006 3:15:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_67C5A5B9

Hello,

Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the KB article
number that was provided by Charles.

Thanks Charles for the response on this as well.

Best Regards,
Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD

will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete

a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006

when prompted.

Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be

able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_67C5A5B9

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for the post to the Microsoft Dynamics Newsgroups!
\par
\par Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the KB article number that was provided by Charles.
\par
\par Thanks Charles for the response on this as well.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
\par
\par will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
\par
\par a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
\par
\par when prompted.
\par
\par Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
\par
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
\par
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_67C5A5B9--

0
dvanrade (102)
5/2/2006 7:44:21 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_71D28FEC

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_71D28FEC

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_71D28FEC--

0
jsmit (219)
5/4/2006 6:47:53 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_85E95F11

Hi,

We have not heard from you regarding this issue.
Please post back here at your convenience if we can assist further.

Enjoy your day!

Best Regards,

David Graening
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBEYXZpcw==?= <mdavis@discussions.microsoft.com>
Subject: RE: OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:15:02 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

Thanks!

------=_NextPart_0001_85E95F11

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par We have not heard from you regarding this issue.
\par Please post back here at your convenience if we can assist further.
\par
\par Enjoy your day!
\par
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
\par thread-index: AcZt+y9I/2KHymPvRBOUUAEG8fei/Q==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 66.161.245.54
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBEYXZpcw==?= <mdavis@discussions.microsoft.com>
\par References:  <880D0E41-FAF1-45B7-8A8B-EF479C23B1BA@microsoft.com> <90E0054C-26EB-4A6B-AFBA-7B2FFD46FB9B@microsoft.com> <52B3307A-1001-4E92-9068-44C1F1C8C1A5@microsoft.com> <E39DA9CF-98D4-407D-8CB7-1A66E95661C6@microsoft.com>
\par Subject: RE: OLE notes for sales order attaches to more than one order
\par Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 08:15:02 -0700
\par Lines: 52
\par Message-ID: <9CFD15AB-C5C3-481A-94CB-19A9A0E987F4@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:28286
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Thanks!
\par
\par "Charles Allen" wrote:
\par
\par > If you search using "Note index" you will see the following article in the
\par > list: 872678.
\par > --
\par > Charles Allen, MVP
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par > "Mike Davis" wrote:
\par >
\par > > I had looked in the knowledgebase before posting but was unable to find a
\par > > relevant article, I searched again but still could not locate the article
\par > > about updating the notes master table.  Can you post the KB article number,
\par > > or the subject so I can pull it up?
\par > >
\par > > "Charles Allen" wrote:
\par > >
\par > > > The note index value is the same in SOP10100. There is a knowledgebase
\par > > > article on how to update the notes master table so no new notes will be
\par > > > duplicated. However, there is no automated fix for correcting existing
\par > > > records.
\par > > >
\par > > > What you will need to do is update the NOTEINDX value in SOP10100 with a new
\par > > > note value for those transactions that are duplicating the correct
\par > > > transaction. If order 0001 has the right note and orders 0002 through 0010
\par > > > are duplicating it, then the NOTEINDX value of orders 0002 through 0010 need
\par > > > to be manually updated behind the scenes to a new NOTEINDX.
\par > > >
\par > > > The article will tell you which table stores the notes. You will want to get
\par > > > the next note number and use it to update the orders. If the next note number
\par > > > is 2429, then order 0002 would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2429, order 0003
\par > > > would be updated to use NOTEINDX 2430, etc. Once you update your data, you
\par > > > would want to run the fix provided in the article.
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > > --
\par > > > Charles Allen, MVP
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > > "Mike Davis" wrote:
\par > > >
\par > > > > I am attaching an OLE note to a sales order.  After I do this, the note
\par > > > > appears on about 10 different sales orders at the same time.  If you delete
\par > > > > the note from any of the orders, it deletes it from all of the orders.  Order
\par > > > > numbers are not sequential, not the same customers, not the same sales batch,
\par > > > > etc.  I can't see any common factor in this particular group of orders.  We
\par > > > > have been running GP 7.5 for about three years, and never had a problem with
\par > > > > notes until recently.
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_85E95F11--

0
dgraenin (57)

drop and drop task order
I recently switched to a new instance of Outlook 2007. In my custom task view I was grouping by category. I was also able to drag and drop tasks to change their order. Now, on this new instance of Outlook, I am not able to drag and drop in this fashion. Drag and drop will only occur between categories. I can drag a task(s) from one category to another. I want to be able to drag and drop the task and change the order they are listed. Can someone give me a tip on what I need to do with the custom view that will allow me to do this and still have grouping on category? Thanks...

Sales summary in RMS POS module
Does anyone know if the RMS POS module has a way to display the daily totals? I don't want to fire-up the manager module just to get a look at our current sales status. Also could something like this be added to the status window at the top of the POS display? thanks Ed yes it can be added to Status.htm but it is a development Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = "Ed at JKC" <EdatJKC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53EE3FB4-64E9-4C30-92F9-4EDCAA42D97C@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if the RMS POS module h...

Attachments on forms
Hi, I am just learning how to create custom forms with Outlook 2003. How can I enable the use of attachments? I have created a form that is enabled on reply to a different form, but I need the user to be able to send an attachment as part of this reply. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! Leave the large message/notes body on the form. If you remove it, you = also are removing access to attachments.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20...

intentional format one sentence paragraphs
i am somewhat dyslexic. is there a macro to convert text into one sentence paragraphs so i can read them better. This is something of a dilemma. If you don't use punctuation and have no concept of grammatical construction or the use of capital letters, how would a macro be able to sort out your ramblings into paragraphs? If, however you simply want to make each sentence into a paragraph, a start might be to use the replace function to replace a full stop (period) with a full stop followed by a paragraph marker (^p). -- <>>< ><<> ><<> ...

OLE Program Error
When trying to edit a WordArt object that worked properly in the past now receives the following error message and cannot be opened for editing. Error Message: Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE program server program to complete this task. What can be done to aleviate this error? I have gone through the support database and it is way above my head. I'm wondering if it has to do with any MS updates? If any of you are able to assist, it would be deeply appreciated. It would be helpful to know the version of Publisher you are using. There are different solutions for ...

Outlook 2003 attachments and HTML formatting...
I use HTML mail and I often CC myself. When I recive thease messeges there is an attachment appended to the email which contains a .txt file. From what I have heard some recipients of my email also have an attachment appended to it (them). I susspect the this is related to the HTML format. Is their a way I can continu to use HTML formated mail and not have thease attachments appended to the emails? Or is my only choice to stop using HTML email (I am aware of the arguments against using HTML mail). Any suggestions are appreciated. What is in the text file attachment? Outside of that, please ...

OLE
I have a table with fields (Id primary key) and (d_object OLE) The field d_Object contain (data base) as OLE Dear all I want to use VBA To Copy OLE from the table and put it in specific place on my H.D (D:\) for example Is This possible Note this posts also post to table design Thank you It's "Blobs" you want to know about, (binary long objects or somethikng like that.) Its a complex procedure about opening a file for writing, and insterting the blob. I didn't understand it when I tried (to read blobs *in* to OLE) go google "write OLE Blob" or look for...

Printing multiple attachments
How can print all the attachment files in an email? I am using Outlook 2003. I used to be able to do it in Outlook 2000 ...

Is there a sulution for outlook and attachments?
I am running outlook2000. I am always sending e-mails, with attachments to my clients outside the company and I cc. my co-workers within the company. For example my clients are from aolinc. I am from starinc. I want anybody from starinc to recieve the messages without the attachments that I have sent to my clients from aolinc. Is that possible to do. If its possible can you let me know refer me to a site? Thanks No, it is not possible. Perhaps a third party program can discriminate who is to receive what but Outlook does not have this ability. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Missing attachments #3
When I collect email from my ISP's server, attachments don't appear with the message. I don't get any messages indictating that an attachment has been blocked, not are the attachments appear but are inaccessible - they just don't appear at all !! I have checked the message on the server and the attachments are there and are accessible. They seem to get lost on the way to my PC. Even simple text files don't make it through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Adding Sales Tax Analysis results to Z-report
Anybody know how to added the Sales Tax analysis results to the X-Report? Is it possible? Basically this would include... 1) total sales (already on the z-report) 2) Taxable Sales 3) Tax-Exempt Sales 4) Non-Taxable Sales 5) Tax Collected (already on the z-report) From What I've been told it's not going to happen. We've been trying to get that changed for Almost 4 years now. "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote: > Anybody know how to added the Sales Tax analysis results to the X-Report? Is > it possible? Basically this would include... > 1) total sales (alrea...

Ordering
Hi, I have a report which is based on a table called tblStreetSweeping and has the fields (Date, TicketNo, Type & Weight). Each finacial year runs from April to March, the data in the table ranges from April 2006 to July 2007, in my query I have the formula SortMthNum: Month(DateAdd("m",-3,[Date])) but it just takes in to account the month and not the year, How do i get the data to be sorted in the way it displays it April 2006, May 2006, June 2006, july 2006 all the way thru to july 2007 . In each month I would like the data broken to the actual pick up day i.e Monday, Tuesday,...

Pay sales tax but not CHARGE them to customer
Hello all. I have a question. I've beem using Microsoft Money for several years, and now I start to make invoices from him to charge my clients. In my country, we do not charge the customer for the sales tax. At least, not in the invoice. When we set a price for a project, for example: 4=2E500, money calculates sales tax (in my case, 10,93%) and add them to the final price, creating a total value of 4.991,85. The problem is that I DON'T WANT THIS! I want to charge the client for the original price (4.500). I tryed to make a discount of 10,93%, but them money calculates this discount ...

Conditional Formatting formula (one cell matching another with tex
I NEED A FORMULA TO DO THIS: IN D18 TURN TEXT RED IF IT DOES NOT MATCH CONTENTS EITHER G7("DAYS") OR H7("HALF") MEANING IF D18 HAS TEXT, IT HAS TO MATCH TEXT IN EITHER G7 OR H7 OR TEXT IN D18 WILL TURN RED Try this formula: =not(or(d18=g7,d18=h7)) In the future, please get your Caps Lock key fixed, so you can stop shouting. Regards, Fred "MomHudd" <MomHudd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29BA4A59-8F69-4E50-8612-9DBC741AC0A2@microsoft.com... >I NEED A FORMULA TO DO THIS: > > IN D18 TURN TEXT RED IF IT ...

Detailed Sales Report using Report writer
Hi i am trying to prepare a Detailed Sales Report using Report writer with the following Detailes(Sales Person ID, Doc No, Date, Customer name, Item Number, Amount) and perform some calculations upon those those reports i would like to get and information if any one has done such a report ...

Adding a date onto a contact note automatically
I wonder if anyone can help me with what ought to be a simple question. I use Outlook as my contact management system. I add notes about what I have discussed orders etc to my contacts notes in the main contact panel. It would be useful if the date were automatically added each time I add a note. Ideally the notes would then end up looking something like this. The dates are in UK format. 2/3/5 Called Joe to discuss orders.Call back again in a week. 10/3/5 Discussed orders agreed price structure he will call in 2 days with delivery schedule. 12/3/5 Joe called with order no and deliver...

Cannot send video clips as attachments
I have a new Windows 7 with Office Standard 2007 Outlook set up. I can receive, open all mail with attachments (both regular and video), and send email with picture attachments. However, I cannot forward mail with video clips of 7, 10, or 15mb---they get hung up in the Outbox. Even when I shut down Outlook, and then re-open, there are multiple emails of the same email being sent without the original clearing the Outbox. (Had no problem with my old Windows XP with Outlook 2007).My ISP has checked my account settings 3x—it can send up to 25mb. Receiving servers can handle up to 25+...

screenshot changed to text: OLE-object: Picture
Hello, One of our users sent an RTF email with two pasted screenshots. When forwarding or replying, the first screenshot is replaced with the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Metafile) >> The second screenshot is replaced by the text: << OLE-object: Picture (Device Independent Bitmap) >> In previous cases I always told the person who complained to tell the sender that he has to attach, not paste, the screenshots. But in this case I was asked to investigate the issue. I am quite sure that it is impossible for the receiver to prevent the change from image to text. I hav...

MY OLE stopped working?
Until recently My Corel Photo Shop 6 program was integrated with outlook so that if I wanted to "Email" a picture, Corel would open a new Email message with the desired file(s) as an attachment. As of today, I get a "Not Implemented" message from Outlook, and then some weird error messages. Strangely enough, the message is created and is sitting in the "outbox" with no addresses, so it never leaves, so I can close the session, open the email and edit the address and everything works fine... but why did something "break". Thanks Ooops, oh yea......

can not open attachment
WHEN I TRY TO OPEN AN ATTACHMENT DOES NOT OPEN- ONLY HAPPENS WITH SOME OF THEM, I TRY DOUBLE CLICKING THE E- MAIL, AND IT GIVES ME ANOTHER WINDOW WITH THE SAME E-MAIL BUT WITH ONE MESSADE ACROSS "OE REMOVE ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING UNSAFE ATTACHMENT IN YOUR E-MAIL" THAK YOU FOR YOUR HELP CARL Tools, Options, Security. By the way, typing in all caps is very hard to read and is generally considered shouting. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the n...

OLE Automation
Greetings, I don't know if anyone here is writing applications that implement OLE Automation but I was hoping to have a bit of a discussion about it. I'm looking at implementing script support for one of my applications (written using MFC). There's a fair amount of code for doings this and I expect it to be pretty straight forward. However, if my program used OLE Automation for scripting, users could pick their language of choice, which will surely be more full-featured than any script language I come up with. But the problem is that Microsoft seems to be phasing out COM. Yes, I...

Ordering Money Deluxe from Canada
hi, I heavily use the "forecast cashflow" functionality in the trail version I've downloaded. I recently purchased the Canadian version of Money and this feature is not included. So, I tried to purchase a full version of Deluxe, but "Canada" is not listed in the drop down for countries.. I can't find Deluxe in any stores here. How can I order Deluxe even though I live in Canada? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, Mike P <Mike P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > >I heavily use the "forecast cashflow" functionality in the trail ...

How do I open an email attachment If I don't have excel?
I received an email from a client who used excel . I do not have excel. how do I open it? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Excel 97/2000 Viewer: Spreadsheet Files Excel 97/2000 Viewer is a small, freely distributable program that lets users view and print Excel 97, Excel 2000, and earlier version spreadsheet files. "mar" <mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E2CB4EE-E1B5-45C8-A9C0-40FB39D0F4D9@microsoft.com... > I received an email from a client who used excel . > I do no...

Getting data into Excel cells for OLE objects retuened from Access
Hello all, I have a MS Query in Excel filtering and retrieving relevant data from MS Access. When the data returns, all BUT the column which refers to a OLE object datatype in Access returns values. What should I set the format in Excel to see the OLE objects dynamically. Thanks AFAIK, that is not possible. Sorry. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <0dce01c3db7e$ba637bb0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hello all, &...

Allow attachments for purchase orders
Allow attachments for purchase orders. We would like to attach multiple quotations to the purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1932d712-843a-4d3...