Notifying dynamics with events

dear all,

i want a mechanism in dexterity which will check at regular intervals about
the activity in the table during the idle time or when the user is logged in
dynamics or using the dynamics. some thing like event for e.g how the
dynamics notifys about the system date is changed to 12:00 AM clock when the
dynamics is open and pop's up with the window do you want to change the user
date. something like this.

guide us.

regards.
0
firoz (1)

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Dynamic Links Excel 2003
Good afternoon. I use an excel 2000 file that has dyanmic links in it used for stock quotes. I save that file onto a disk and move it to another computer that also has Excel 2000, but no internet connection to receive the dynamic information. Upon opening it asks me if I want to update the links, I say no and it lists the static value at the point of save from the original computer. I upgraded computer #2 to excel 2003 and even though I say I do not want the links updated, it will now NOT open with the last static value saved from computer #1. I know have to do the copy and paste s...

Copying font and pattern dynamically
We maintain a Proposal Master in Excel. What our sales guys will typically do is go down and pick and choose what software, hardware, interface, and other components that they'd like to propose to a potential customer by putting a "Y" in a certain column. We then copy these "Y" rows to another worksheet by simply providing a formula =IF(Proposal!$B15="Y",Proposal!$C15,"") where we are copying ALL the elements over where there is a "Y". We then have a macro that will squeeze everything together. We'd also like to copy the Proposal...

On Event
1. How do I have a timestamp appear in cell a3 whenever data in d1 is changed? 2. How can I have it also request who changed it and log that in cell a3 with the the timestamp? Thanks Ben Hi have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for some solutions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ben wrote: > 1. How do I have a timestamp appear in cell a3 whenever > data in d1 is changed? > > 2. How can I have it also request who changed it and log > that in cell a3 with the the timestamp? > > Thanks > > Ben Frank, That is great thank y...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

Event ID 447 : Database Corruption
Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2 A full backup of the Exchange database was successfully completed on Sunday 1st October. On Wednesday 4th October the following event appeared in the Application Log: Source: ESE Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 447 Information Store (4492) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 102777, PgnoRoot: 2434583) of database G:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\WHG.edb (2434583 => 413622, 0). Microsoft Article ID: 810190 recommended that a restore be done as soon as possible. A restore was successfu...

Dynamic Data Import From Access
Hello, I have tried a few different methods to try and generate charts on my data set. The data set is dynamic but I'm sure it can be formatted to fit the series of charts I want to generate. I created an Access Database that pulls outstanding jobs data from our Production Database System and imports it into Excel. Here is the format it's being imported in as: ColA ColB ColC ColD ColE ColF...etc Year Week AReq AIss BReq BIss...etc 2006 51 2.7 1 23 10.5... 2007 2 5 3.1 9.3 8.9... .... There are about 50-60 columns and t...

Reference to a dynamic range
Hi, Is there a simple/elegant way to refer to a range that is constantly changes? For example if I have a sheet that holds some data in a range and it is being constantly updated by adding rows or removing rows, is there a way to refer to the current range without the need to change the formulas every time a row is being added or removed? Hi Yossi, The simplest way would be to use range names - this way you only need to re-define the range name to update the formule. Let's say you have a list on one sheet, and a Pivot Table on the other. Rather than having to repoint the Pivot Tabl...

Dynamically change Query SQL
Hi All A2000 How can I change the SQL definition of an existing Query using VBA code. What I am trying to do is export data from a table as a .csv file using the TransferText command. The problem is that the number of fields, the field names and the data (of course) are not known at Design time, it all depends on what the user chooses. My idea is to create a query in VBA code, copy the SQL string to the Query and then run theTransferText command with the Select Query as the 'tablename' parameter. Is this possible and how? Peter Hibbs. Try CurrentDb.QueryDefs("QueryName&quo...

Notify twice
Hi, I use SHCNE_CREATE | SHCNE_MKDIR with a particular folder to be notify if a file or a foler is created in it. It works well for a new folder but for a new file, Explorer notifies me twice. For each notification LPARAM is SHCNE_CREATE. WPARAM is the pidl corresponding to the new file created. To make it works well, I have to use a BOOL and check if I already treated that notification! Thanks! -- Normand Hi Normand, I have build a sample program and tested it on my side, is works as expected in my Windows 2000 system--notify once per new file: if( (m_hNotify = SHChangeNotif...

Bill pay notify doesn't notify!
Using Money Express in Money 2003 to get reminders of bills upcoming. It worked well in 2002 version but not in 2003. I have it loaded in my active task tray but nothing pops up until I click on it. I want it to pop up when bills are due like it use to. I'm running XP-Pro with Money 2003. Hi Brad As a former Quicken user, I started using money 03 and found that Money Express is totally useless. It really does nothing, so I don't allow it to load. At least now I know it, at one time, did do something. Bob "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

New Developer specific Dynamics GP newsgroup
------=_NextPart_0001_365A72F0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit All, Just a heads up that a new Dynamics GP Public newsgroup has been created for developer questions and issues. This was done in an effort to allow developers a location to discuss their issues separate from standard application and installation issues with Microsoft Dynamics GP. If you are a developer, I encourage you to use the new Public newsgroup for those discussions. The new newsgroup is as follows: microsoft.public.dynamics.gp.developer Thanks again for everyone's support of the Dyn...

How to run client-side scripts without picklist OnChange event?
Is there a way to run a client side script from a CRM form other than using the picklist OnChange event? I need to do some simple data validation when a text boxt changes or when a product is selected for a quote. In this version, the picklist is the only supported way of accomplishing this. However, if you are good with XML, you can hack javascript into other fields. - First, make sure you have an OnChange defiend for a picklist field. - Then export the customizations to an XML file. - Now edit the XML file and find where the OnChange event you added is. Add a similar node to anot...

winlogon notify
Hello, I want to remove dll which is loaded by winlogon.exe vai winlogon\notify key. I don't have any notify dlls registered on my system. look under this registry key and you can remove the registry entries corresponding to the notification dlls. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon -- Vipin Aravind http://blogs.explorewindows.com "Dipali" <Dipali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86EC926D-B83B-41FE-ABB6-DDFC768707FF@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I want to remove dll which is loaded by winlogon.exe vai >...

Very disappointed with Microsoft Dynamics
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3341481182_30064989 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Just want to share our experience with all in this newsgroup. We are a medium sized business based in Asia. In 2007 we bought Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains from a local Microsoft partner. The first kick off meeting was in Q4 2007, and the project was expected to give live in 3 months. Today, in Q4 2009, after more than 2 yea...

Version History of SOP Quotes in Dynamics GP
Does anyone have any ideas of how we can keep the version history of a series of quote changes in Dynamics GP SOP? Is there a third party product that can do this? Solution Hunter, I think there are various audit applications out there. Doesn't the GP "Audit Trails" module have this? Also I think Rockton Software has an audit trail application. And a plug for my own team and it's services, I think we might have this written or something very close (specific for sop quote/order)- I'd have to check into it. patrick developer support mbstools@microsoft.com -- ...

dynamic sub menus without command ids
Hi, I am trying to create dynamic submenus without predefined command ids. Having overridden OnMenuSelect, I dynamically generate the menu items (when the correct menu to be opened), replacing an original dummy entry with the id ID_DAR0: int c = pPopupMenu->GetSubMenu(MenuDARSubSub)->GetMenuItemCount(); for(int x = 0; x < c; x++) pPopupMenu->GetSubMenu(MenuDARSubSub)->RemoveMenu(0, MF_BYPOSITION); for(int m=0; m<=m_pDoc->m_namenD.GetUpperBound(); m++) pPopupMenu->GetSubMenu(MenuDARSubSub)->AppendMenu( MF_STRING, ID_DAR0, m_pDoc->m_name...

An error in Event Viewer
Hi there, I changed our domail controllers recently, and there are a lot of same errors on our exchange server, almost one or two per five minutes, here is one of them, Source: MSExchangeAL, Category: Service Control, Type: Error, Event ID: 8063 Could not read the root entry on directory 'dc3.cs.utah.edu'. Cannot access configuration information. DC=cs,DC=utah,DC=edu dc3.cs.utah.edu was the old domain controller, and it doesn't exist now. I searched registry table, there is a line in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ADs\Providers\LDAP\CN=Aggregate,CN=Schema,CN=Configu...

BEGINNER: Capturing event from CComboBox not working
Hello, Ive created a combo box in my view as follows:- CComboBox* pCombo = new CComboBox; pCombo->Create( WS_CHILD|WS_VISIBLE|WS_VSCROLL|CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, CRect(0,0,10,10), this, 0); pCombo->AddString("a"); pCombo->AddString("b"); pCombo->SetCurSel(0); I now wish to capture events from this combo box. I've tried the following but it doesn't work:- MyView.cpp void CMyView::OnSelchangeList() { //NEVER GETS HERE } .... BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyView, CView) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CMyView) ON_LBN_SELCHANGE(0, OnSelchangeList) //}}AFX_MSG_MAP .... MyV...

Notify me of replies
Hi, I never get notified of replies to my postings, Why? I always check the box. Thanks, Phil Phil, Been broken for a while now... Try using a newsreader... Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail are the free ones. Then you can *watch* your message and see when you get a reply. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E311B6A-EEB2-44CB-9BA2-E...

Is 'Status' not dynamic?
I note that the Status field for all tasks in Outlook 2002's 'Active Tasks' view says 'Not started'. Seems quite illogical - I'd have expected it to change to 'In Progress'? Does this field not change automatically at all, but has to be manually altered? If so, that isn't that a singularly weak design aspect? And on a synced PPC, Pocket Outlook shows the same active tasks correctly as 'Not Completed'. -- Terry, West Sussex, UK ...

Dynamic worksheet reference
How does one reference a worksheet name in a formula so that it is dynamic rather than static? What I would like to be able to do is to have the user of the spreadsheet be able to enter a department name in a cell on a summary tab and have the spreadsheet automagically grab the data from that department's data worksheet. My office uses Excel 2000. I have tried using the indirect function but I get into trouble because it appears that the indirect function makes the data reference static. I cannot copy my formula down the column and have the references change appropriately. My array fo...

FileSystemWatcher won't fire for directory events
I trying to be notified when a directory is created, deleted, renamed or moved. What am I doing wrong? moFolderSysWatch = New FileSystemWatcher(m_WatchDirectory, "") moFolderSysWatch.IncludeSubdirectories = True moFolderSysWatch.NotifyFilter = NotifyFilters.DirectoryName moFolderSysWatch.EnableRaisingEvents = True Am 05.03.2010 19:13, schrieb Mike Beebe: > I trying to be notified when a directory is created, deleted, renamed or > moved. What am I doing wrong? > > moFolderSysWatch = New FileSystemWatcher(m_WatchDir...

Formula R1C1 in VBA
Hi, I have the following code in VBA to give me some variance % results. Although the rows are always static the columns are not: ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-34]C-R[-17]C)/R[-17]C" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-32]C-R[-15]C)/R[-15]C" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-30]C-R[-13]C)/R[-13]C" What I want this to do is to start in row 45, in the column i am in (worked out prior to this in the macro) and put in a formula which basically in Excel would read: ...

Email notifier
Does outlook have the ability to activate email notifier Kevin wrote: > Does outlook have the ability to activate email notifier Sure. Just minimize Outlook to a tray icon and leave it running. As to whether Outlook can be minimized to a tray icon depends on the version that you have but never mentioned. ...