Notify me of replies - does it work?

I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right
hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification
failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully?

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this
morning - so I guess it works?!

--

"Bud" wrote:

> I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right
> hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification
> failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully?
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
Bud (544)
8/2/2007 1:14:04 PM
In my experience it works sporadically...I guess the point being don't rely
on it?  :-)

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this
> morning - so I guess it works?!
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
>> I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right
>> hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a
>> "Notification
>> failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully?
>>

>> --
>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>> GP 9.0, SP2

0
victoria (3340)

Implement Task Manager's End Task (so that it works quickly)
First this isn't relevant to this group, but I didn't see the group that it was related to so if you would pass this on I would appreciate it. There are a lot of times when an application hangs and I need to either reboot the computer (or shut it down real hard - hold the power off button) because an application is hanging. If the end task was implemented and it stopped the application quickly I would be really happy. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...

Setting "Reply to:" address in E2K
We are moving all our users to a new Internet domain as our company was purchased by another company. As we move users from our Exchange 2000 system, we want to have all their mail forwarded to their new domain. To do this we had to create "contacts" with their new SMTP addresses and then forward all their mail to this contact. We are still allowing them to send messages from their old accounts, but we would like to have their default "Reply to:" address set to their new email address so that when somebody replies to a message from them, it will be directed to the ...

reply shows up in my own inbox
I have a user who is responding to an email...after hitting send the message arrives back in her own inbox like she sent it to herself, even though she is not on the TO: CC: or BCC fields when sending. The other person also receives it. Any ideas? Outlook 2002 on Exchange 2003 Thanks. Dave go to tools then email optons, then advanced email options. then save unset items may have inbox in it, also uncheck save unset items. it is probably just in save to inbox, instead of the send folder. ----- dave wrote: ---- I have a user who is responding to an email...after ...

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

It worked!
Thank you very much for your help Allen!!! Your site is on my favourite list now ;-) Cristian. ...

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Shortcut in Start Menu not working
This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though..... There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows problem. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eawCjI7cIHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This happened once before ...

Freelance work
Does anyone know of someone who does freelance work for CRM? Our company is looking to pay someone to write code for CRM. Hi Wendy, I am interested. Please email me to discus further. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Wendy" wrote: > Does anyone know of someone who does freelance work for CRM? Our company is > looking to pay someone to write code for CRM. Hi Wendy, We can help you. Please drop a email to me. Regards, Manick, USA manick.m@hotmail.com...

4 Day Work Week in a formula
I've got a project, that is scheduled out as Project Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. I want to write a formula that will add a column showing the calender date that corresponds to each of these, once I key in a start date. They'll all reference that start date. That, I can do. What is going to give me fits, is that we are on a 4 day work week. SO, Project Day 5, is calendar day 8, 6=9, 7=10, 8=11. Then, project Day 9=15, 10=16 and so forth. Now, I used to use a formula calculated a time difference, based on an 8 hour day and work week. I could calculate the business ho...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

changing message reply
When sending an email through Outlook, I want to use Comcast as my out going mail server and AOL as my incoming mail server. Can I set that up through Outlook? ...

Unable to Reply
I have a user who cannot reply to some emails from internal users. The reply buttons show but you are unable to use them. The message shows up as Rich Text. Any Suggestions ...

Notify twice
Hi, I use SHCNE_CREATE | SHCNE_MKDIR with a particular folder to be notify if a file or a foler is created in it. It works well for a new folder but for a new file, Explorer notifies me twice. For each notification LPARAM is SHCNE_CREATE. WPARAM is the pidl corresponding to the new file created. To make it works well, I have to use a BOOL and check if I already treated that notification! Thanks! -- Normand Hi Normand, I have build a sample program and tested it on my side, is works as expected in my Windows 2000 system--notify once per new file: if( (m_hNotify = SHChangeNotif...

Working with MAX and IF
I'm working on a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) wherein I have one a series of tables on one worksheet, each one named, and a second spreadsheet that will be used to coalate the required information for printing. The printing sheet will pick up the required information based upon a date that I enter into a certain cell. I know that I can use a combination of MAX and IF statements to make this work, and I've got it working in another file, but as soon as I change something, it replies "#VALUE". I seem to remember there is a specific set of key strokes you must use i...

Online Stock Trading Guide and How the Stock Market Works #2
Here you can learn more about investing, and some specifics about trading . You'll also find a wide range of investing products and services to help you plan toward financial independence - however you define it. http://flying-rugs.com/stock-market/ ...

Changing "Reply As" address on a Contact in Exchange 2003
Hi, Is it possible in Exchange 2003 to set up a Contact which has one email address (ie <user1@domain1.co.uk>), but if anything is sent to this address it has a "Reply To" address of something else (ie user1@domain2.co.uk)? Thanks in advance, Curtis. -- Please reply to news group only. Thank you. Yes, just make user1@domain2.co.uk the primary address. The reply will include the primary address. Nue "Curtis Fray" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message news:%23dg7PemTGHA.196@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible in Exchange 2003 to set up...

Hi, I have a few 100 requests to join a forum on my website which were sent through Outlook with a simple "join" in the subject and detail of the message. I want to create a mailing reply group from all the adresses in this folder in Outlook 2003, how do I do it.? TIA John ...

Box With REPLY appended To A Cell: What Is It ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007. While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY in it is now appended to a cell. Have no ide of what it means, or how it got there. What is it, please ? How do I get rid of it ? Thanks, Bob Can you upload a screenshot to a site like wikisend.com and paste the link here? "Robert11" wrote: > Hello, > > Using Excel 2007. > > While playing with a spreadsheet, I see that a small "tag" box with REPLY in > it is now > appended to a cell. > > Have no ide of what it means, or ho...

Access application will not work on XP
I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a Windows 2000 computer. I have buttons that link open up certain folders when pressed. When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the links do not work. Any ideas why? Thanks, Jasper It just does nothing! Jasper "Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FEBBBC2-A555-48E0-B4B4-8B11E3E1E94C@microsoft.com... > Jasper, > > do you get any messages when trying to open them or is it just not doing > anything? > > > -- > Maur...

Keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working in Publisher
My keyboard shortcuts work in other programs, including Word. But, lately, they will not work in Publisher. I have to use the mouse to click on the menus. Any ideas on why and how to fix? Thanks! Start, Microsoft Office Tools, Save my settings Wizard... Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?SCID=kb;en-us;826809 Using the Office Profile Wizard http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011362571033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Patti Williams...

Outlook 2002 SP3 sends reply email using wingding fonts
I recently purchased a HP Pocket PC that apparently has to use Outlook to sync with it's contacts since it came on the companion CD. Since installing Outlook, all of my reply email fonts, including the original message, change to wingdings font. How can I fix this? Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I have to use Outlook to sync contacts? I prefer Outlook Express. Thanks davidoncoast <davidoncoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I > have to use Outlook to sync contacts? ...

Work Sheet Tab
Does anyone know how to increase the size of the work sheet tabs located near the bottom of a work sheet? I am trying to add a large three word description to a sheet tab? Hi Bob The worksheet Tab expands in width automatically, according to the name type in when you choose to Rename the sheet. -- Regards Roger Govier "Bob Gellenbecj" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0cb01c3ec0f$3ead1160$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to increase the size of the work > sheet tabs located near the bottom of a work sheet? I am > trying to...

Bill pay notify doesn't notify!
Using Money Express in Money 2003 to get reminders of bills upcoming. It worked well in 2002 version but not in 2003. I have it loaded in my active task tray but nothing pops up until I click on it. I want it to pop up when bills are due like it use to. I'm running XP-Pro with Money 2003. Hi Brad As a former Quicken user, I started using money 03 and found that Money Express is totally useless. It really does nothing, so I don't allow it to load. At least now I know it, at one time, did do something. Bob "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

can't reply or forward messages
I use Outlook Web Access Version 5.5 SP4 for our companies internet email. I can view all of my emails just fine. However, when I try to reply, reply all, or forward any email, I hear a "clicking" noise, the window closes, and nothing happens. I believe that this started after I installed Windows XP SP two ...

How to get spell check to work
I have just started using LiveMail. How can i get spell check to work? There is a spelling tab under tools, which always tells me the spell check is complete when I press it. But I have never formatted the spell check for UK English, it doesn't capitalise the first letter of names or the letter 'i' and i have bo idea how to make it do what i want it to do. It used to be so easy in Outlook. Naturally Outlook has more features than the free Windows Live Mail. You can change the spell check options under Tools - Options - Spelling (in the main program window, not...