Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect

Hi,

I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales
Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory
ID, are not correct.

This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002
(dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie.
deliverynotes/invoices

any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it

Thanks in Advance

Sajid Saeed
0
hitman_s (37)

It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in
the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low.  So it is
giving new records Note Index's which have already been
used and causing cross linked notes. ie. Two
documents/master records which are linked to one note
record.

This can happen is you restore Company or System databases
separately.  Because the SY_Company_MSTR table is in the
System database and the data it refers to is in the
Company database, if you restore them separately they can
get out of sync and issues with Note Indexes can occur.

I believe there is a tool to help reset the note index and
remove duplicates. Please log a support case for further
information on how to fix this.

David Musgrave
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@nospam-microsoft.com

0
dmusgrav (157)

See payment terms on a SOP Return
When processing a Return through SOP, the payment term field is grayed out and does not show the customers default Terms. I understand the logic for not assigning terms to a RETURN but it would be beneficial to SEE the terms here. When you have a customer who is a Credit Card account, it is important to know their terms. Currently, the work around is to click on the Customer ID Window, then Customer Maintenance to see what the customers default terms are. It would be much easier to just be able to SEE it when accessing Document Expansion button which contains all the header informatio...

Missing transactions from Citibank credit card download
I recently noticed that the transaction total (amount owed) didn't match the balance amount owed in my credit card account. After comparing the Citibank online statement to the Money downloaded statement (I'm using the Citibank services which are updated when I log on), I've found there are transactions missing. These transactions must then be entered in manually to get the statements to match. I was hoping that this would be one process I didn't have to double check, but alas, it's more work than when you could just grab the statement from Citibank and upload ...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Transaction Listing Question
I downloaded the Money Plus 08 trial to give it a shot. My bank is Navy Federal Credit Union and when I look at my account listing online at the banks website, I see my transactions listed by the name of the place I spend my money i.e. Walmart. However, when it loads into Money, they are all listed as "POS Debit - Visa." Is there something I can do within the program, with the exception of hand keying each one, to see the register transaction listing by name? Or is this a thing with NFCU? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Ron P wrote: >I downloaded the Money Plus 08...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

vat and Sales Tax
Hello people, i have a big bug !! i would like the follow my VAT (income and outcome) and i think MONEY can do that... So when i make a invoice with sales tax, the amout of taxes go correctly in Sales Tax account.(under Business liabilities) BUT (and this is my probl�m) when i buy something (Withdrawal) with a checking account the amout of taxes dont go to the sales tax account under decrease !!! WHY !??? Thank a lot people..... ..:[ James ]:. ...

downloaded transaction date
There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite your money file with the downloaded transaction dates when matching transactions. Does anybody know how to make that change in Money 2005? I've not had any luck finding it. Thanks. -z I found the setting - tools/settings/online services/uncheck the 'overwrite transactions' box. Cheers, -z "zender" <anonymous@aol.com> wrote in message news:uelFWDVuEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > There used to be a setting in prior versions of Money to not overwrite > your money file with t...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

Sales order automatic allocation
After installing SP2 in GP 8.0, I am unable to use the Automatic sales order allocation. I use advanced distribution. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Can you provide more detail? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Carl" <Carl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A939F4-D87C-4D93-929A-10FD3DF4FC6F@microsoft.com... > After installing SP2 in GP 8.0, I am unable to use th...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

Kit Components in SOP and Inventory Tables
We have inventory items that we sell as a kit and as individual components. I use Access to query data from SQL tables and am able to get info quicker and more detailed than in Smart List. This works well for many of our sales and commission reports. In order to get accurate reports in the past by inv item # I query all line items that have an extended price > zero, this eliminates the kit components, but includes the kit item and the items we sell as individual components. The tables I am currently using are RM00101, SOP30200, SOP30300, IV00101 - where ITMGEDSC = "lens or len...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

Incorrect inventory distributions in SOP
Occasionally an SOP batch will not post due to an invoice with incorrect inventory distribution amounts. What I am finding is Inv and COGS entries behind the distribution button on the SOP header where A/R, Sales, Commissiom Payable etc usually resides. Hitting the default button removes the INV/COGS entries and then the batch posts. What is causing these bogus entries? It happens about once every 300 invoices. Are you importing these transactions? Is there a customization or 3rd party product involved? If not, the only thing I can think of is that someone is manually adding those di...

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

POP Invoive Edit List not coming out for 1 transaction
Hi, We are trying to print the edit list in the purchasing invoice entries but there is no output for 1 particular entry. We dont have issue in other entries. The data are correct and I can see that the system is printing in the Process Monitoring but no output in screen, printer and even in file. What can be the problem. Kindly help, thank you. Since this is unposted why not delete this entry and auto invoice again. The original PO Invoice details may have been corrupted. Just keeping the solution simple. Cheers "Bunxie" wrote: > Hi, > > We are trying to p...

Few confusing things about transactions
Hi Sorry for putting so many questions into one thread, but in my opinion questions are somewhat related. If it=92s a problem, I can break the questions into several threads. 1) =93Each COMMIT TRANSACTION issued when @@TRANCOUNT is greater than 1 simply decrements @@TRANCOUNT by 1.=94 I assume calling rollback =93inside=94 a nested transaction rolls back the entire transaction and not just the nested one? 2) One of the optional arguments of BEGIN TRANSACTION statement is also transaction_name parameter: BEGIN { TRAN | TRANSACTION } [ { transaction_name | @tran_name_v...

User to Enter field on sales orders
Does anyone know what events cause the User To Enter field (USER2ENT) on SOP10100 to be updated? I had hoped that field would retain the id of the person who origianally entered an order. It appears though that the vaule is change whenever someone makes a change to the order. If that's the case, is there anywhere other than the activity tracking tables to see who originally entered an order? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim- You might want to try one of the audit trail products avail. MS has one, Rockton Software (www.RocktonSoftware.com), both of which are written in Dexterity (...

Duplicate SOP Invoices
We have encountered an issue which seems to stem from the fact that invoice related records were lost. We have two invoices with the same invoice number but different line items. The system however is only showing one of them. My question is how this is possible? During this mishap we have noticed that the Great Plains Server was dead slow. Our concern now is that we do not know if other duplicate invoices exist. There seems to be no way how we can check this (apart from manually checking each and every printed invoice). We have tried looking at the server's application event logs...

Field Level Security and SOP Entry Screen
I am trying to restrict changes in the SOP entry screen. One of the problems I am having with Field Level Security is related to required fields. There is no way to apply field level security in required fields? Thanks, -- Patti That's correct Patti. If you need the behavior on a required field modified, this requires a customization. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Patti, More than anything else, I would love to know what you are trying to accomplish. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC...

PowerPoint Notes
How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some slides where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size Hi Mike Where are you viewing the notes? Notes Page?? In Presenter view?? Which version of PowerPoint? John "Mike_I" <Mike_I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CD8892-D1DF-47A3-9E8D-45508BD78FD3@microsoft.com... > How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some > slides > where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size > > _________...