Notes Icon

Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display changes
color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on certain
forms if notes are present?
--
Jim@TurboChef
0

There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are present.
However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
automatically display in most whatever window that you like.

As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that with
Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource in
the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary and
edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or you
should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are) and
then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
one.

patrick
mbs devs support

"Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display changes
> color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
> Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on certain
> forms if notes are present?
> --
> Jim@TurboChef

0
prot1 (1345)
5/2/2006 11:24:16 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_7112F64D

Hello,

I see your questions are about changing the color of the note icon and the
abilty for a note that is present to auto open on that window.

Your best course of action, are to follow the recommendation that Patrick
has given.  These would require customizations to the system, but this is
something that can be done in both cases.

If you have further questions let us know

Mike
Microsoft Online Parnter Support
------=_NextPart_0001_7112F64D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par I see your questions are about changing the color of the note icon and the abilty for a note that is present to auto open on that window.
\par
\par Your best course of action, are to follow the recommendation that Patrick has given.  These would require customizations to the system, but this is something that can be done in both cases.
\par
\par If you have further questions let us know
\par
\par Mike
\par Microsoft Online Parnter Support
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_7112F64D--

1
mmurra (2)
5/4/2006 3:05:42 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_865FC687

Hello -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_865FC687

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello -
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_865FC687--

0
jsmit (219)
5/8/2006 6:21:18 PM
Thanks.  I changed the background color on the notes-present icon and that
helped.

Could you provide a sample of the VBA code you're thinking of?
--
Jim@TurboChef

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are present.
> However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
> automatically display in most whatever window that you like.
>
> As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that with
> Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource in
> the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary and
> edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or you
> should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are) and
> then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
> one.
>
> patrick
> mbs devs support

> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display changes
> > color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
> > Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on certain
> > forms if notes are present?
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef

0
jim.harris (398)
5/9/2006 7:58:03 PM
Patrick,

If you have a vba code on this, please email me also at
jacktundra@hotmail.com

> Thanks.  I changed the background color on the notes-present icon and that
> helped.
>
> Could you provide a sample of the VBA code you're thinking of?
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are
>> present.
>> However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
>> automatically display in most whatever window that you like.
>>
>> As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that
>> with
>> Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource
>> in
>> the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary
>> and
>> edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or
>> you
>> should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are)
>> and
>> then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
>> one.
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs devs support
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
>> > Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display
>> > changes
>> > color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
>> > Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on
>> > certain
>> > forms if notes are present?
>> > --
>> > Jim@TurboChef

0
jacktundra (359)
5/9/2006 11:38:22 PM
Hello all,

 I am also having an issue with the notes appearing automatically. Can
someone please forward me the VBA code at cwalker@itserve.com?

Thanks!

Candi

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> If you have a vba code on this, please email me also at
> jacktundra@hotmail.com
>

> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.  I changed the background color on the notes-present icon and that
> > helped.
> >
> > Could you provide a sample of the VBA code you're thinking of?
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef
> >

> > "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are
> >> present.
> >> However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
> >> automatically display in most whatever window that you like.
> >>
> >> As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that
> >> with
> >> Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource
> >> in
> >> the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary
> >> and
> >> edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or
> >> you
> >> should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are)
> >> and
> >> then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
> >> one.
> >>
> >> patrick
> >> mbs devs support
> >>
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>

> >> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message

0
Candi (3)
5/15/2006 2:28:02 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_CEE7EF71

Candi,

Here is an example for the customer maintenance window.

Add the window, the note field and the customer ID to VBA.  Here is the
code you would use.

Private Sub CustomerID_Changed()
NoteAbsentButtonWindowArea.Focus (1)
End Sub

This will be a little different per window and field.

Thanks
Keith

------=_NextPart_0001_CEE7EF71

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Candi,
\par
\par Here is an example for the customer maintenance window.
\par
\par Add the window, the note field and the customer ID to VBA.  Here is the code you would use.
\par
\par Private Sub CustomerID_Changed()
\par NoteAbsentButtonWindowArea.Focus (1)
\par End Sub
\par
\par This will be a little different per window and field.
\par
\par Thanks
\par Keith
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_CEE7EF71--

0
kvogel1 (8)
5/22/2006 8:22:20 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_CEF0E8CE

The code would look something like the following:

Private Sub ProspectID_Changed()
NotePresentButtonWindowArea.Focus (1)
End Sub

This example is on the Sales Prospects window.  If the icon indicating
notes is present, it will set focus there and open the note.

Corey

Microsoft Online Support Engineer
from your issue.

--------------------
From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
Subject: Re: Notes Icon
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:58:03 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are present.
> However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
> automatically display in most whatever window that you like.
>
> As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that with
> Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource
in
> the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary and
> edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or
you
> should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are)
and
> then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
> one.
>
> patrick
> mbs devs support

rights.

> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display
changes
> > color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
> > Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on
certain
> > forms if notes are present?
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef

------=_NextPart_0001_CEF0E8CE

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 The code would look something like the following:
\par
\par Private Sub ProspectID_Changed()
\par NotePresentButtonWindowArea.Focus (1)
\par End Sub
\par
\par This example is on the Sales Prospects window.  If the icon indicating notes is present, it will set focus there and open the note.
\par
\par Corey
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via
\par your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit
\par from your issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Thread-Topic: Notes Icon
\par thread-index: AcZzouGb0T3zg8j1RSiVf+avPB1H4A==
\par X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.59.211.138
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?SmltQFR1cmJvQ2hlZg==?= <jim.harris@turbochef.com>
\par References:  <ABF8B0EE-68F9-40FF-BB2B-15DDAB9FB27F@microsoft.com> <#g4Z9BkbGHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>
\par Subject: Re: Notes Icon
\par Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 12:58:03 -0700
\par Lines: 40
\par Message-ID: <2C934B32-7B17-4F2E-B748-3A172A1CF878@microsoft.com>
\par MIME-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain;
\par \tab charset="Utf-8"
\par Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
\par Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
\par Importance: normal
\par Priority: normal
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.1830
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:28714
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl 10.40.2.250
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Thanks.  I changed the background color on the notes-present icon and that
\par helped.
\par
\par Could you provide a sample of the VBA code you're thinking of?
\par --
\par Jim@TurboChef
\par
\par
\par "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
\par
\par > There isn't anything that will automatically display if notes are present.
\par > However it shouldn't be too awful difficult using VBA to make the notes
\par > automatically display in most whatever window that you like.
\par >
\par > As for changing colors or changing the icon, sure you can change that with
\par > Modifier.  This is either a picture resource or a native picture resource in
\par > the dictionary.  You could either take the picture from the dictionary and
\par > edit the color as you see fit and add it back to the same resource.  Or you
\par > should be able to make your own little picture (24x24 I think they are) and
\par > then change the datatype to point to your new picture instead of the old
\par > one.
\par >
\par > patrick
\par > mbs devs support
\par >
\par > --
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par >
\par > "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
\par > news:ABF8B0EE-68F9-40FF-BB2B-15DDAB9FB27F@microsoft.com...
\par > > Currently if there are notes attached to a record the icon display changes
\par > > color.  Can that color be changed?  Or can a different icon be used?
\par > > Alternately could the notes window be set to open automatically on certain
\par > > forms if notes are present?
\par > > --
\par > > Jim@TurboChef
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_CEF0E8CE--

0
cdavids (13)

floating copy icon
How do I get rid of the icon (clipboard)which appears when I copy and paste an item. It is the most frustrating thing. It appears in such a location as to prevent you from getting to the cells it covers. glenn Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck "Show Paste Options Button". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 08:14:34 -0800, "glenn olsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I get rid of the icon (clipboard)which appears when >I copy and paste an item. It is the most frustrating >thing. It appears in such a location as to pr...

Notes to a File
Hello, I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do this in bulk. Any ideas? Thanks! "GeorgeA" <GeorgeA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8115371-3ADE-421B-90A5-3CCB833DC8D0@microsoft.com... > I use my Notes to store usernames and passwords (bad, I know). I want to > transfer them all to a Word File and then delete them but I can't seem to do > this in bulk. Export your Notes folder to a CSV or TSV file and open that in Wor...

Broken counter for Notes and Tasks in Outlook Today
When I choose the folders Notes and Tasks in "Customize Outlook Today">Messages, the Notes and Tasks appears in the column of Outlook Today with zero being the number next to it. The numbers never change even though I have made notes and tasks. It always shows zero. Is that the same for anyone else or does it show the number of tasks and notes that one has. If so, how do I fix so that the amount of tasks and notes appears. Thanks ...

Desktop icons
How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they can be read more easily Not a Media Center related question, repost to the general group of what ever version of Windows your using. -- -- "mbrodell" <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D904D6CC612@microsoft.com... > How can I show desktop icon titles within a rectangular box so that they > can > be read more easily =?Utf-8?B?bWJyb2RlbGw=?= <mbrodell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48DEC4FA-A773-4BC0-80D1-6D...

Notes in the SOP Sales Transaction, are incorrect
Hi, I am just recently experiencing this error, the notes in the "Sales Trx Entry", either for the document number, or customer or Inventory ID, are not correct. This is because in certain cases, notes dated from 09/06/2002 (dd/mm/yyyy) are attached to current documents, ie. deliverynotes/invoices any reason as to why this could be happening, and how to resolve it Thanks in Advance Sajid Saeed It sounds like your next record Note Index (NOTEINDX) in the SY_Company_MSTR (SY01500) table is too low. So it is giving new records Note Index's which have already been used and ...

notes printing
I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after training. There are 4 slides per sheet and I observe that there is a lot of space unused. can I make the slides occupy more space so that they are bigger and easier to read afd See if this help: http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/Handouts.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "afdmello" wrote: > I normally give the training attendees notes of the presentation after > trai...

lines of text...notes box
I have created a custom database for our marketing woman, I have designed the table and layout...but I have created a Notes box for the user to enter information into. But the notes box is getting full and I would like to configure it so the notes box can be unlimited rows or attach a text file to the table if needed...I have read somewhere thatg the notes box is limited to 255 lines is that right?? any help gratefully recieved but please be aware I dont know much about access Hi Mister Bobzi, Rather than defining the notes area as a Text field, make its properties a Memo field. A M...

How do I save notes in outlook?
I have a number of Notes saved for Outlook 2003 and I have lost them in the past because I assumed they we're saved along with my Archieve information, only to find out later they were not. Had to start creating them from scratch which was a pain. How can Outlook 2003 NOTES be saved? Please advise. Thanks. You can copy/export the Notes to a PST file. To export use the File menu > Import & Export command or you can open a PST using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File command then drag/drop the notes into the other PST. "jhr07" <jhr07@discussions.mi...

security issue in notes
we are facing a security issue with notes in MSCRM 3.0 I want some users to be banned from the entity account e.g. So I set a security that they can only see their own accounts (user level) Now I want them to be able to access all contacts. So I set a security so they have full access on contacts. For the notes, I need to give them access to notes so they can attach docs and view all notes on all contacts. Now if this user has advanced find privileges, he will be able to query the notes of ALL accounts in the advanced finds. Anyone experienced this before? any way to restrict that acc...

bold font for lotus notes email
I am using the following code in Access 2003 to send an email in Lotus notes. I want to bold some text, does anyone know how I can amend this code to allow for some bold text? Public Sub SendQtrNotesMail(Subject As String, Recipient As String, WL As String, SQA As String, _ DC As String, ADR As String, TDR As String, SafetyNote As String, QualityNote As String, _ ProdNote As String, SaveIt As Boolean) 'Set up the objects required for Automation into lotus notes Dim Maildb As Object 'The mail database Dim UserName As String 'The current users notes name Dim...

Access 2007 Note table in date order, note form is not. What can I
-- Rachel Rollins Rachel, The first thing you can is learn to use this big white sapce to post your question. My Subject Line got cut off and I almost missed the question. No answer your question... Use a query based on your table as a RecordSource for your form. (Table order is irrelevant to the form otherwise.) In that query you can set the Sort Order of the records to be by the date field. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Rach...

CRM Notes Error # 2...........
Here is the second error in Event Log................. Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 5/10/2005 Time: 11:49:20 AM User: N/A Computer: CRM11 Description: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Message: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line...

add note to body or notes
Outlook 2003 SP1 Hi, The following script adds a note to existing notes in the notes field. '----------------- Sub CommandButtonNewEntry_Click() On Error Resume Next Item.Body = Now() & " " & pCurUserName & ": " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & Item.Body End Sub '----------------- My problem is that all the formatting is lost and turns it to plain text. Any ideas on how to keep the formatting that exists in the notes field? Thanks, Joel Depends on the item. If it's an email, it's probably html, so read/write the s...

Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit?
I just tried to save my document in a note, but it copied just a part of the document. Tried many times, but cant paste the whole document in it. It is just a 3 page word text. Does notes in outlook 2003 have a word limit? or am I doing something the wrong way? I'm not sure where the limit is on notes, but I'm having a hard time understanding why you would want to paste a 3-page Word document into that tiny yellow square. What is it that you're trying to accomplish? Maybe we can figure out a better way to do it? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower h...

PowerPoint Notes
How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some slides where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size Hi Mike Where are you viewing the notes? Notes Page?? In Presenter view?? Which version of PowerPoint? John "Mike_I" <Mike_I@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74CD8892-D1DF-47A3-9E8D-45508BD78FD3@microsoft.com... > How do you change the viewing size of PowerPoint notes - I have some > slides > where the text looks very large even after I have reduced the font size > > _________...

Page into Side Note
Is there a command that will turn a page into a side note? Thanks, s Not sure what you mean. Side Notes are just pages that are stored in Unfiled Notes. You can drag/drop any page to Unfiled Notes. If you want, you can change the color to yellow and remove the title bar with File | Page Setup and making the choices on the pane that opens to the right. -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test Team http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin "sam" wrote: > Is there a command that will turn a page into a side note? > > Thanks, > > s > >...

Lotus Notes and MS SBS+CRM
Hello to all, I have one customer who want to use CRM with Notes. He has using NT4 PDC, NT4 BDC, Fil/Print server, Notes, SQL, AS/400 and Citrix. Now he is intresting in AD using small business server with MS CRM. I need idea for this structure who can i make this in working or any other idea for AD, CRM, Notes and Citrix. *Customer have 45 empoly in local office and around 12000 empoly in all over the world. -- Olav Click Soft The short answer: No. The long answer: Not with SBS. He could commit to a full AD configuration, and add Exchange for the CRM Email functionality, but he'...

Use a Word template in Notes section of Outlook Appointment
I need to insert a Word 2007 template into the "Notes" section of an appointment in Outlook 2007. When I paste the template and try it, it works beautifully. However, when I save the appointment and re-open it the functionality of the template is lost; it is only text. I did save the Word Template in "Trusted Documents". I appreciate any help you can give me! ...

Copy here as Note with Text
I have an all day appointment which I believe Outlook call an Event. In this event I have text in the bottom box. I now try to copy this event to the Notes folder. The message " copy here as note with text" pops up and I go. When I open the note there is no text from the original event. This used to work fine in 2000, but no longer seems to work. Is this a problem or what? It is for me. Thanks In Advance Ralph Walti The Buyers Alternative www.TBAgifts.com ...

Problems with Lotus Notes
Some users of my firm can't receive emails from clients from others firms using some versions of Lotus Notes. The sender has a error message returned who says that there is a problem delivering the mail. Have you heard about a problem like that ? And what can I do ? Could Exchange SP1 solve my problem ? Thanks. Arnaud ...

Service notes into invoice paperwork?
When invoicing service calls, is there a place (or a way) to tranfer service call notes to the invoice. On all of our service calls we have technician notes that need to also go onto the invoice for customer billing (customers seem to like to know why they are getting billed). I notice in service call entry, if you hit the printer icon on the top right of the window it shows you a service call ticket, that has some additional notes field below - but I'm guessing that is for printing out and hand writing instead of filling out electronically (if not please let me know). Anyhow, we...

Windows Explorer
Yesterday I had the strange experience of all my desktop icons, (excel, word, folders, real player) being covered by a Firefox logo. I uninstalled Mozilla as I only use it for BBC iplayer as MIE crashes. That got rid of them. This morning half of the desktop icons have changed to GOM Player. What's happening? ...

Money Advertising Icons on desktop
I have recently seen two icons appear on my desktop for BankOne Offers and ING Direct. I am guessing that they are from Money (2004 Pro) since every time I delete them and restart Money they reappear. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to get rid of them? This seems like a cheap trick Microsoft is using to fill their pockets. I use M04 Deluxe and have for a year and do not get such icons on my desktop. "AdamB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e0c01c4a1bf$21fd7260$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have recently seen two icons appea...

Notes
Hello - Our IT person had to reinstall Outlook and all of my Notes were lost. I'm being told they can't be found. Does anybody know what the filename extension is for Microsoft Outlook Notes ???? Thanks. Notes, along with all other Outlook items, are stored in a file with the extension of .PST. If you are on an Exchange SErver, they are stored on the server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Chuck" <chuck@karpus.com> wrote in message ...

missing tray icon after Explorer Bar restored
I have an application that has a mainframe that is hidden all the time when the application is running - it hides itself after creating a tray icon. All the user interaction is through the tray icon - a menu from right click or by double clicking. Windows XP ( I believe Win2K as well), end up 'crashing' (I do not know if that is the right term) and recreating the Explorer Task bar. When this happens, my application icon does not always get repainted. I read that I need to respond to a message sent by the Explorer - following that advice I do the following 1. Register a Windows m...