Not seeing "Perform special upgrade" after SP4a upgrade

After i upgraded a GP 8.0 to sp 4a, i was not given the option in GP
Utilities to perform a special upgrade. The SQL directories are located in
the Great Plains folder like they should be. Any ideas?
0
Nick4562 (282)

If you go into the dex.ini file and change synchronization to true and save
it. Then when you open GP Utilities the special upgrade will run.

"Nick" wrote:

> After i upgraded a GP 8.0 to sp 4a, i was not given the option in GP
> Utilities to perform a special upgrade. The SQL directories are located in
> the Great Plains folder like they should be. Any ideas?
0
donny1 (7)

Perform special upgrade failed on one company
Just installed sp5 for GP 8.0 and the Dynamics and all company databases except one upgraded fine. I followed a TK and manually ran all *.cmp scripts from the tasks folder in Query Analyzer without errors. The company still has a red X next to it and users (including 'sa') are experiencing posting errors. When I try to upgrade that company again, I just get an message that an "error occurred upgrading <company name>" What should I try next? ...

BCP Error when doing UTILITIES > Perform Special Upgrade
Hello, We are trying to perform special upgrade (via Great Plains Utilities) on the live server. Upon the selection of the option, we come across a BCP process error (I'll try to get up the exact error). I have gone through copying the ..exe and .rll files as what has been suggested over in KB. I also check the DSN and the type of authentication used (SQL) But still to no avail. Then I got to read an article saying the if the SQL Servername does not match the computer name (KB866137), the bcp process will fail. I checked the computer name of the server and it's set to MGP1. F...

Error found while running "Perform Special Upgrade" in Utility
After installing HR and Manufacturing into my GP 8.0, I got missing Stored Procedure error message. Therefore I went to GP Utility program to perform special upgrade for trying to add additional stored procedure. However; after I clicked on "Process" and "Update" button, I got the following error messages, does anyone know how to solve it? Error message 1: The following SQL statement produced an error: GRANT SELECT , UPDATE , INSERT , DELETE ON [dbo].[IVR10015] TO [DYNGRP] Error message 2: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object n...

Database List in the Perform Special Upgrade window
Firstly - I think this is confusing. It would be better if Perform Special Upgrade was not presented unless it needed to be. If it does present it should show the databases with a green tick or red cross as appropriate. Perhaps this could be suggested to the product development team? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

Perform Special Upgrade Failed
Hi; I want to implement a Special Upgrade against one of my company database (I have 16 company database) but I received the error while doing upgrade. I need to run Perform Special Upgrade because I found that one of the stored procedure is not there "glpCreatePostingActivity" on a new created company. I found a red "X" on the company selection in Great Plains Utility. How to fix? ...

Not seeing "Perform special upgrade" after SP4a upgrade
After i upgraded a GP 8.0 to sp 4a, i was not given the option in GP Utilities to perform a special upgrade. The SQL directories are located in the Great Plains folder like they should be. Any ideas? If you go into the dex.ini file and change synchronization to true and save it. Then when you open GP Utilities the special upgrade will run. "Nick" wrote: > After i upgraded a GP 8.0 to sp 4a, i was not given the option in GP > Utilities to perform a special upgrade. The SQL directories are located in > the Great Plains folder like they should be. Any ideas? ...