Not able to Receive an Item through RMA in Field Service

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA103F.BBDD7F80

Hello Great People (GP)
We are using GP 10.0 SP3
I am trying to receive a serialized  item through RMA and it is giving =
me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an other =
document by another user" .

I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single =
Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to =
received back from that customer but no luck.

Any body have any idea, what this would cause this trouble.=20
Regards,

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA103F.BBDD7F80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18783"></HEAD>
15px"=20
id=3DMailContainerBody leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Hello Great People (GP)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>We are using GP 10.0 SP3</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I am trying to receive a serialized =
&nbsp;item=20
through RMA and it is giving me a very strange message " This serial =
number has=20
been used on an other document by another user" .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>I have searched and look all over the =
places and=20
there is only single Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the =
same=20
path to received back from that customer but no luck.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Any body have any idea, what this would =
cause this=20
trouble.</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA103F.BBDD7F80--

0
viol-8-r (108)

Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same problem.

Thanks,

"Viol-8-r" wrote:

> Hello Great People (GP)
> We are using GP 10.0 SP3
> I am trying to receive a serialized  item through RMA and it is giving me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an other document by another user" .
>
> I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to received back from that customer but no luck.
>
> Any body have any idea, what this would cause this trouble.
> Regards,

0
inin (39)
8/24/2009 8:13:11 PM
I finally found my answer - they had created another RMA for this same
customer, with the same item number originating from the same sales document.
 Although the RMA had not been transferred or processed, the serial numbers
were listed on the drill down on the "original serial numbers" side.  It was
evidently "saving" these numbers.  Once I voided the first RMA I was able to
use the serial numbers with no errors.

"inin" wrote:

> Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same problem.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Viol-8-r" wrote:
>
> > Hello Great People (GP)
> > We are using GP 10.0 SP3
> > I am trying to receive a serialized  item through RMA and it is giving me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an other document by another user" .
> >
> > I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to received back from that customer but no luck.
> >
> > Any body have any idea, what this would cause this trouble.
> > Regards,

0
inin (39)
8/26/2009 8:00:11 PM
Thank you very much and sorry for not replying on time,

Your scenario seems workable and I am sure that could have been the issue
here my side, too. Somehow, I could not find any thing on the " Search
Serial/Lot Numbers" and also under the "Equipment" search but I will look
into once again the way you found it.

Let me see what I find
Regards,

"inin" <inin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I finally found my answer - they had created another RMA for this same
> customer, with the same item number originating from the same sales
> document.
> Although the RMA had not been transferred or processed, the serial numbers
> were listed on the drill down on the "original serial numbers" side.  It
> was
> evidently "saving" these numbers.  Once I voided the first RMA I was able
> use the serial numbers with no errors.
>
> "inin" wrote:
>
>> Did you ever figure this out?  I am having the exact same problem.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> "Viol-8-r" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello Great People (GP)
>> > We are using GP 10.0 SP3
>> > I am trying to receive a serialized  item through RMA and it is giving
>> > me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an
>> > other document by another user" .
>> >
>> > I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single
>> > Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to
>> > received back from that customer but no luck.
>> >
>> > Any body have any idea, what this would cause this trouble.
>> > Regards,

0
viol-8-r (108)

Mail items deselected after sort
In all prior versions of Outlook, you could select several mail items, then sort by a different column, and all of your previously selected items would still be selected. In Outlook 2007, all of the mail items except the last one selected are deselected after a sort. Does this bother anyone else? Is there a fix? Thanks, Cathy ...

How to retrieve Item Lookup Code
I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not have lookupcode property, how can I retrieve an item's lookupcode that is most important for my app? Please advise. -- Thanks, -lz I have found the answer myself. use Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E).Item.ItemLookupcode -- Thanks, -lz "lzcouponex" wrote: > I use AddItem hook to retrieve item details (lookupcode, qty, price) when an > item is rung up. However, Session.Transaction.Entries.Element(E) does not ...

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

copy original sender's address into reply field OUTLOOK 2000
I get email messages forwarded to me from an information desk. I have to reply to the original sender of the message. Is there a way to scan the message and find the original sender's email address and put that in the Reply: field (replacing the information desk)? Regards DavidOUTLOOK 2000WINDOWS 2000 how is it sent to you? As an attachment or inline? If an attachment, hit reply to the attachment. If inline, look for the header fields in the message unless the forwarder removed them (or doesn't use outlook). -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in...

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

Validating a date field
I need Excel to validate that an entry in a date field is correct. Specifically, if someone includes the day of the week in an entry (e.g., Wed 02/16/05) I need Excel to display "You entered an incorrect date format. Enter the date as mm/dd/yy and do not include the day of the week." Can anyone tell me how to do that? Ken Elder Oklahoma City -- kenelder ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kenelder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20020 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t...

Additional fields in the Activity Table / Case Timer
I have a client who needs accurate billing from the the Activities performed towards the resolution of a case. The ideal solution would be a timer on the Activity Form. However, this is not possible in v1.2 However, in the ActivityBase table there are fields called ActualStart, ActualEnd and ActualDuration. I am planning on writing a report which uses these fields. I would like to know how the application uses these fields, as it would seem to be counterintuitive. I say counterintutitive because when I created a calculated field and subtracted the ActualStart from the Actualend I ...

should be able to print ATP
I would like to be able to print out the Available to Promise information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d089892-1a1b-4a8a-9e3e-16757d015fff&dg=micros...

Assembly items?? what gives?
Howdy, assembly items seem incredibly limited, you can't print labels, you cant report on the items or generate a price list, and the help file refers to menus that don't exist (ie "When you go to the database menu and click on the item assemblies, you should see the new item in the item assemblies window") This is Bunk All I want is to be able to package skis and bindings, print a price list, and see some reporting about the package sales vs. item sales. LAME, LAME, and BUNK-- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks You are not alone. Search this group for similar posts an...

Not able to modify another users shared tasks with owner permissio
Some of the users here have started using tasks and they have shared their tasks. Here is the senario. User A has some tasks and has given User B owner access to their tasks list. User B opens the shared tasks of User A and cannot change the names or due dates of any of the tasks. We are using outlook 2003 with a exchange 2003 server here. I have looked all over for a reason for this but havent found an answer any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks, What *kind* of access? Haven&#8217;t tried it, but I&#8217;d bet the delegate permissions need to be set to &#8220;Ed...

I cannot receive new messages or delete old ones
I cannot receive new messages to my Outlook Inbox, cannot delete them from Inbox or Deleted Messages. I get a message that states: c:\Exchange\mailbox.pst could not be accessed. Access denied. Help! Does that file exist on your machine? If so, is it not marked read-only? "John M." <johnmccabe@att.net> wrote in message news:089601c39ed4$7674d750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot receive new messages to my Outlook Inbox, cannot > delete them from Inbox or Deleted Messages. > > I get a message that states: c:\Exchange\mailbox.pst > could not be accessed. Acce...

H&B 2007 Time Items on Invoice -- need Date
Is there any way to get the date of a time entry onto an invoice in H&B 2007? The date is not listed in available columns in the Invoice Designer. Seems like a rather fundamental requirement as invoices don't make a whole lot of sense without the date the service was performed. ...

Code to Retrieve Item Sell Price
Hello This code below to Retrieve Item Number, item Description , UOM , Current Cost , Price Lavel ,Markup Percntage and Sell Price. This is a god for report Or Excel Exporting SELECT dbo.IV00101.ITEMNMBR AS [Item Number], dbo.IV00108.UOFM, dbo.IV00108.UOMPRICE AS Percentage, RTRIM(dbo.IV00101.ITEMDESC) AS [Item Description], dbo.IV00101.ITEMTYPE AS [Item Type], dbo.IV00101.CURRCOST AS [Current Cost], dbo.IV00101.ITMCLSCD AS [Item Class], dbo.IV00101.CURRCOST + dbo.IV00101.CURRCOST * dbo.IV00108.UOMPRICE / 100 AS [Sell Price], dbo.IV00108.PRCLEVEL FROM dbo.IV00101 INNER JOIN dbo.IV00108 ON ...

Removing Terminal Services After Installing Exchange
Long story, but I just realized that Terminal Service, if installed on Windows 2003 for Remote Administration will expire, hence, you are supposed to use Remote Desktop. Anyway, I had installed my entire Exchange server using TS, and the only way I am going to be able to access it remotely, is to remove TS. Is this safe to do? I know that before removing TS, it says that installed programs may not function, is this true with Exchange 2003? "MR-KEN" <kcarlini@netopia.com> wrote in news:#b88T#VCFHA.3936 @TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Long story, but I just realized that Termina...

I am not able to do this...
I apologise cause of my lack of knowledge to do this. I have 2 questions 1) I need to copy all my excel files to a pen drive or CD. so, i searched them by using XP search function. I selected all, copied and pasted to pen drive but a prompt was immediately received "cannot read from source file or disk " 2) When a Excel file is generated and saved, can it be automatically saved in a different file in order to have all xls files duplicated in one XLS Folder ? Can I received some help to solve this matter ? I will be very appreciative of it. Os. #2. You could have a m...

Removing Dialog Item at Run Time
Is it possible to remove a Dialog item from a Dialog at run time? This code does not work, but I don't know why: BOOL CMyDialog::OnInitDialog() { HWND hWndCtrl; CWnd pl_wnd; GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOVE_THIS_CHECKBOX, &hWndCtrl); pl_wnd.Attach( hWndCtrl ); pl_wnd.Detach(); pl_wnd.DestroyWindow(); return TRUE; } AVee wrote: > Is it possible to remove a Dialog item from a Dialog at run time? > This code does not work, but I don't know why: > > BOOL CMyDialog::OnInitDialog() > { > HWND hWndCtrl; > CWnd pl_wnd; > > GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOVE_THIS_CHECK...

outlook
IS THERE AN ANOTHER WAY TO MAKE REFERENCE TO THESE SHORTCUTS? WITHOUT USING STRINGS (which gets translated depending on the internationalization?) The problem - in details: Actully i'm working on an addin in o2k. Hardly but i've managed to figure out the most thing i need. Now i have problems with accessing the menu... I want to get an event when user select save-as in the inspector! The next code works fine until i'm using an English version of outlook2k: Set o = Application.ActiveInspector.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Controls("File").Controls("Save ...

Receiving multiple copies of messages
I installed Outlook Live several days ago. I have not been using Microsoft Outlook fro quite some time. For the first few days, my messages were downloading normally. All of a sudden, Outlook has started downloading multiple copies of the same message. I do not have any filters set up, so this cannot be a filter issue. I have 4 pop accounts set up, 1 MAPI account (Hotmail) and 1 IMAP account. The majority of my mail is received from my Hotmail account. The pop accounts are all set up with the option to leave messages on the server until I empty the deleted items folder. My IMAP...

Making a rule for "sent items"
Hey, hope this is simple. i need to make a rule that all outgoing emails containing certain words are automaitcally BCC or CC'd to me.. is this possible? -- �,���`���,�� Mathiau ��,���`���,� �,���`���,�� Life isn't short, your just dead for toolong! �,���`���,�� The only reason there are so many stupid people is because it is illeal to kill them! �,���`���,�� You know what life is missing??? Background music! ...

O2K3: Send/Receive Progress dialog gone ?
For Outlook 2003 - how do I restore the Send/Receive Progress dialog box, such that it displays every time I hit the Send/Receive button. Currently my Outlook 2003 session keeps hanging, and I want to know why - mostly it appears to be on the hotmail accounts fror some unknown reason. Regards Steve Steve, You can bring up the send/receive dialog box while it is synching by clicking on the icon by your clock and selecting details or do the following: Tools - Send/Receive - Send/Receive Setting - Define. I would test your hotmail account by going to Tools -Email Account. Regards, ...

Completing field on subform from command button on main form
This is a simplistic version of what I need to do. I have a form named frmCLIENT with a subform named sfFAMILY. On the form frmCLIENT I have a command butten and when I press it I want it to automatically complete a field named CHILDREN on the subform sfFAMILY with the word "NONE". Can anyone help me. Thanks, LDMueller The code for the button is Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children = "None" Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children.Requery 'so that you can see the results This assumes that the subform has only 1 record or that the record you want editing, is the first ...

I can't see field From:
Im have a user A that should send emails with "send From:" user B. But user A don't see field From on address field and on View/From to, and his can't add it. How could i make it visible? Wojtek I am using Outlook 2003 with Word as my e-mail editor and when I open a new message I can go to the drop down arrow next to Options on the menu bar and select From. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications ...

Vlookup formula where lookup value is a result a formula (receive.
Vlookup formula where lookup value is a result a formula (receive #N/A error) How fix? Without seeing what your formula is, it's impossible to do more than guess... In article <1B061D63-FA8B-4C96-BF0B-C3B706433CCF@microsoft.com>, cpitta <cpitta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Vlookup formula where lookup value is a result a formula (receive #N/A error) > How fix? Maybe: =if(iserror(vlookup(...)),"some error message",vlookup(...)) or maybe... =if(isna(a1),"",vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:e,3,false)) cpitta wrote: > > Vlookup formula wher...

Access 97
I have a form with a field called Proceed (Y/N) I need this field to complete automatically based upon the values in other fields on the form. e.g. if Field1="Mortgage" and Field2 <>"" then Proceed = "Y" How would I go about coding this? In the form's BeforeUpdate event. If you are trying to check for null, using <>"" will not work for two reasons 1- "" is a zero-length-string and 2 - any type of comparison with null will return null so you need to use the IsNull function. If field1 = "Mortgage" AND Not IsNul...