No Negative Numbers in Inventory Transactions

Well, this is a strange one.  When a user attempts to perform an Inventory
Adjustment transaction and type a negative number in the quantity field, the
negative sign disappears and the number is treated as positive.  When a
person logs on to the workstation using the network adminstrator password and
then opens Dynamics GP using the original user's name, the transaction works
fine.

This happens on all workstations and all users except the network
administrator.  If the network administrator logs on to a workstation and
logs on to GP with the id of an affected user, the problem does not exist.
It only occurs when the user logs on to a terminal with their own network id.

The network support team is not aware of anything they have in the user
profiles that would cause this.

Any ideas?

Richard L. Whaley

Richard,

That's a strange one!  What version of GP?  Any idea how GP was installed?
(As the local Administrator, as a user who is a local admin, as the network
admin....?)

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D82AD4FD-C4FF-4864-99A1-014B320FEC2C@microsoft.com...
> Well, this is a strange one.  When a user attempts to perform an Inventory
> Adjustment transaction and type a negative number in the quantity field,
> the
> negative sign disappears and the number is treated as positive.  When a
> person logs on to the workstation using the network adminstrator password
> and
> then opens Dynamics GP using the original user's name, the transaction
> works
> fine.
>
> This happens on all workstations and all users except the network
> administrator.  If the network administrator logs on to a workstation and
> logs on to GP with the id of an affected user, the problem does not exist.
> It only occurs when the user logs on to a terminal with their own network
> id.
>
> The network support team is not aware of anything they have in the user
> profiles that would cause this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Richard L. Whaley

0
victoria (3340)
5/6/2006 1:44:24 PM
GP9.0 with no patches was installed using the network administrator id

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> That's a strange one!  What version of GP?  Any idea how GP was installed?
> (As the local Administrator, as a user who is a local admin, as the network
> admin....?)
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:D82AD4FD-C4FF-4864-99A1-014B320FEC2C@microsoft.com...
> > Well, this is a strange one.  When a user attempts to perform an Inventory
> > Adjustment transaction and type a negative number in the quantity field,
> > the
> > negative sign disappears and the number is treated as positive.  When a
> > person logs on to the workstation using the network adminstrator password
> > and
> > then opens Dynamics GP using the original user's name, the transaction
> > works
> > fine.
> >
> > This happens on all workstations and all users except the network
> > administrator.  If the network administrator logs on to a workstation and
> > logs on to GP with the id of an affected user, the problem does not exist.
> > It only occurs when the user logs on to a terminal with their own network
> > id.
> >
> > The network support team is not aware of anything they have in the user
> > profiles that would cause this.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Richard L. Whaley

So it was installed as the network admin and that's the only ID it works
correctly with?  Haven't had much practice with GP 9.0 yet, but we have seen
weird issues from time to time with prior versions if the install was not
done as the local Administrator on each machine.  I'm guessing it's some
kind of security/registry issue.  Has support had anything to say on this?

--

message news:E6977186-043F-4BCE-8305-90E9A7383E71@microsoft.com...
> GP9.0 with no patches was installed using the network administrator id
>

> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Richard,
>>
>> That's a strange one!  What version of GP?  Any idea how GP was
>> installed?
>> (As the local Administrator, as a user who is a local admin, as the
>> network
>> admin....?)
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> GP MVP
>>

>> "Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:D82AD4FD-C4FF-4864-99A1-014B320FEC2C@microsoft.com...
>> > Well, this is a strange one.  When a user attempts to perform an
>> > Inventory
>> > Adjustment transaction and type a negative number in the quantity
>> > field,
>> > the
>> > negative sign disappears and the number is treated as positive.  When a
>> > person logs on to the workstation using the network adminstrator
>> > password
>> > and
>> > then opens Dynamics GP using the original user's name, the transaction
>> > works
>> > fine.
>> >
>> > This happens on all workstations and all users except the network
>> > administrator.  If the network administrator logs on to a workstation
>> > and
>> > logs on to GP with the id of an affected user, the problem does not
>> > exist.
>> > It only occurs when the user logs on to a terminal with their own
>> > network
>> > id.
>> >
>> > The network support team is not aware of anything they have in the user
>> > profiles that would cause this.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Richard L. Whaley

0
victoria (3340)
5/8/2006 9:43:32 AM
Interesting and while I don't disbelieve what you are telling me it does
seem tough to believe how this could be.

Basically the only thing I can possibly come up with is that you aren't
using the same forms.dic each time.  The only reason I say that is basically
what you are referring to here is the "unsigned" checkbox on the datatype
for that field.  Basically if a datatype (integer or currency) is marked as
unsigned then that means a negative symbol cannot be used.  The system acts
like you never pressed the "-" key which is pretty much what you're telling
me.  Obviously out of the box, this should be unmarked for the datatype but
you surely could change it with Modifier (not Dexterity as you can't change
base resource datatypes).  This is independent of security and would really
just depend on where your .set file is pointing or the forms.dic if you have
one.

What I would maybe do is, for the heck of it, exit out of great plains and
find your forms.dic and rename it.  Now try this again.  If this still
happens I guess it could be an alternate or modified alternate forms.dic but
the odds are slim on that.

If this fixes it then I'd rename it back again and go into modifier and fix
the datatype so that it again allows signed values.

It's easiest to see by going into modifier with that window open.  Select
the field in question and go to the property sheet.  Double click on the
Field and keep going "down" to the datatype and finally the format and open
it.  Look for the unsigned checkbox and see what it's set to.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Victoria [MVP]" <victoria@flex-solutions.com> wrote in message
> So it was installed as the network admin and that's the only ID it works
> correctly with?  Haven't had much practice with GP 9.0 yet, but we have
seen
> weird issues from time to time with prior versions if the install was not
> done as the local Administrator on each machine.  I'm guessing it's some
> kind of security/registry issue.  Has support had anything to say on this?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E6977186-043F-4BCE-8305-90E9A7383E71@microsoft.com...
> > GP9.0 with no patches was installed using the network administrator id
> >

> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Richard,
> >>
> >> That's a strange one!  What version of GP?  Any idea how GP was
> >> installed?
> >> (As the local Administrator, as a user who is a local admin, as the
> >> network
> >> admin....?)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> GP MVP
> >>

> >> "Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:D82AD4FD-C4FF-4864-99A1-014B320FEC2C@microsoft.com...

0
prot1 (1345)

[Fwd: Re: How to not copy the numbering from numbered list in Word ?]
FYI By temporarily disabling the numbers and bullets in word before you copy and paste the text. Then you can simply close the word document (without saving it) so that no changes in the word file are saved. That one time call girl may suggest that you should use Tipex on the screen to remove the numbers!!! You have been warned. hth dingdongdingding wrote: > > Hi ! > I want to copy a numbered list in Word and paste to a text file. > The numbers show up. How do I not copy the numbers preceding the > items ? > > Thanks very much in adv...

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

column with numbers
Hi! Suppose, I have a two (or several) columns with numbers. I want to analyze two or more columns in a different way, for instance I want to know the growth in percentage and probably have some visual interpretation (i.e. arrow up or down). Is there an Excel plug-in or stand-alone software for this? If anyone expirienced the same problem? I'm going to look for such a software, if one have in mind some other "must-have" features that I missed? Thank you! bob.elliott@aks-labs.com wrote: > Hi! > > Suppose, I have a two (or several) columns with numbers. I want to >...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

Epay transaction dates
Currently, I have epays that I manually submit before their due date, ie. the car payment due on the 17th needs to be submitted on the 12th. Is it possible to submit the epay and have the transaction date match the actual date the payment will be made? This happened automatically with Money2003, and was somehow turned off when I upgraded to Money2004. ...

Negative Allocation
I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to fix this? Have you run the inventory reconcile process? (Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile) "Eric Capponi" wrote: > I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed > and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not...

Changing number to dates
When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read this information as text. it is always overridden and converted to a date. How do I paste this info and have it appear the way that I want? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Hi Craig format the target cells as 'Text' or insert the values with a leading apostrophe (') Frank Craig wrote: > When ever I try to paste the characters 6-16 or 4-14 for example it > is displayed as a date. I have tried formatting the cells to read > this info...

making a negative effect
I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any help would be appreciated dctakj <dctakj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an > invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any > help would be appreciated Printing this on white paper will be expensive because of the amount of ink used. Printing this in black paper will be (virtually) impossible. Now that's under your belt,...

how do i sum a total in excel with numbers and text 58kg + 60kg
I can't seem to find a formula to add a column of numbers that have text, e.g 50kg+60kg+75kg won't add - can anyone help Many thanks Whenever you need to use numbers and text together and also need computations, use custom formatting: Pick an empty cell and pull-down: Format > Cells > Number > Custom and enter General"kg" if you then enter 100 in that cell, it will appear as 100kg, but you can still use it for computations. -- Gary's Student "Bryan" wrote: > I can't seem to find a formula to add a column of numbers that have text, e.g ...

rounding numbers
Can have have a particular spreadsheeet always round numbers upwards. For example, 25.3 would be 26? Thanks for any help On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 21:14:59 -0500, "Frafi" <frafi@usia.com> wrote: >Can have have a particular spreadsheeet always round numbers upwards. For >example, >25.3 would be 26? >Thanks for any help > Look at HELP for the ROUNDUP and CEILING Worksheet Functions --ron You could use the ROUNDUP function for example if A1 contains 25.3, and B1 contains =ROUNDUP(A1,0) will give 26 That should do the trick regards Neal "Frafi" <frafi@...

Negative Expenses
I'm using Money 2007 Premium but have had this problem in the last several versions as well. Why is it that if I record a negative expensive, it is not reflected in the reports? An example: Let's say I go out to dinner with a friend. We receive the check and I pay by credit card and my friend pays me with cash to cover his/her part. I record the restaurant in the Food: Dining Out category in my credit card account and then record that I received the cash in my Cash account and classify it as a negative expense to the same category. However, when I view the reports, only the pos...

Assign random numbers
Hello everyone I have a table with roughly 40000 records, that gets more records added weekly. From this table my staff work through each record and add a closed date when finalised. The table the staff are working off contains an "Investigated By" field which is linked to the staff members name on a seperate table, the default investigated by name is "Exception". At this point, only one person can work on the records at a time. The amount of records that get added weekly varies and I want to be able to allocate an employees name to each new record so that they show...

Page numbers in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format. When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked. It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Head...

Freight allocation to Inventory cost
Landed cost does not work for our company. We need the ability to apply an average Freight cost or a percentage to every item in inventory at the time it is received in. The cost could be applied by the weight of the product or a simple % increase. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Entering Numbers in to cells
Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out Data Validation in XL Help (one topic: About setting restrictions on cells and displaying input and error messages) In article <Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>, Binkx <<Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter a > number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10. data>validation>...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

Keep getting extra transactions in 2005
I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the background service for my bank and now my balance is all out of whack. The question I have is what would be the best method to get my Money balance equal to the bank balance and not have it get lost during the next download process. Skip the whole download thing and enter your own transaction data the old-fashioned way? "Bill Spies" <billspies@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1a4b01c4a719$b1e91500$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently upgraded to Money 2005. I initiated the > background service for my bank...

convert number to text #4
How can i convert a number to text format without then editing that cell to force the cell to except the format change. I need a numbers to convert to text because a download from another program is already in text format with SS# in the cell. Then using at templet sheet with a VLook Up formula to pull information off the first workbook. To convert number to text, select the area you want to convert, right-click on format cells and choose "text". "RayG" wrote: > How can i convert a number to text format without then editing that cell to > force the cell to ex...

Negative Zero?
Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather than a simple zero. Why is this? probably a small diff somewhere in the 15 digits of the number -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F5D9-3A15-4A97-93E1-B442A948E3E0@microsoft.com... > Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather > than a simple zero. Why is this? It means that your result is less than zero, but not within the precision you are displaying. For example, ...

number format
hello my numbers are formatted using question marks, so i can center them and still justify them by the decimal point. for ex. a column of numbers with 2345678 being the largest of them, will be formatted with the string: ?,???,??0;-?,???,??0;- this way i can center the column, and all numbers will straighten to the right, by the decimal point. zeros appear as hyphens. the problem is with the minus signs. if on the previous example i will have -2345, it will look like this: - 2,345 (the minus sign away from the digits). any suggestions? i still wish to center the column. if i give this ...

Inventory Close
I ran a Year End Close for inventory, but it does not appear to have updated Standard/Current costs. Nothing indicated the close occured or did not occur. What can I look at to determine what has happened and what would have happened to cause it to not close? -- Karla R One of the other tasks performed by the Inventory Year End Close is to set the Quantity Sold to zero. Look at the Item Inquiry for a few items/sites and check this value. Is it possible that the Update Item's Standard Cost box was NOT checked? BTW...We are throwing a party at Convergence 2008 aboard an ocean go...

Number of Columns
Dear all, We are using Excel 97, and we need to know if there is possible add more columns than the 256 that already are available from A - IV. We need that because we are exporting data from one aplication to Excel. Thanks a lot. Regards, Pedro Mestre no, 256 is the limit. you may be able to use ms query to 'query' the data source and select only the colums you need, or to build separate queries that return the data over multiple sheets No, 256 is all there are, Regards, Alan. "Pedro Mestre" <PedroMestre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBBBE2...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

Pivot Table
Hi, I have a Pivot table with some numbers in it. Is there a way to replace the numbers with a text? For example: replace all numbers >1 with "yes" . Is this possible? If not whats the best way to achieve this? Regards, Vinstream Only by changing your data source. Eg. Sub Test() Dim rCell As Range For Each rCell In Range("DataSource").Columns _ (2).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, xlNumbers).Cells If rCell > 1 Then rCell = "yes" Next rCell End Sub "vinstream" <vinstream@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Page Numbers #2
I have a 20 page booklet and am trying to get the page number to not show on the last page which also is the back cover of the booklet. Can anyone help? >-----Original Message----- >I have a 20 page booklet and am trying to get the page >number to not show on the last page which also is the back >cover of the booklet. Can anyone help? >. > Go to last page, then under view on the tool bar click on ignore master page. ...