Next Cheque Number

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the
Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset?

I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are
wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has
changed it through the maintenance routine?
Thanks
--
Jean
0

I tried different tests and couldn't replicate.  I haven't had any reports
from Customers over the years.
--
Mick

"JB" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the
> Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset?
>
> I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are
> wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has
> changed it through the maintenance routine?
> Thanks
> --
> Jean
0
MickEgan (61)
8/28/2008 12:13:01 PM
Jean:

There are 2 ways the check number can change: either in the Checkbook
Maintenance screen OR in the Print Checks screen of the Payables section, but
only if the override check number feature in the Checkbook Maintenance screen
is turned on.

Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> I tried different tests and couldn't replicate.  I haven't had any reports
> from Customers over the years.
> --
> Mick
>

> "JB" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the
> > Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset?
> >
> > I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are
> > wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has
> > changed it through the maintenance routine?
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Jean
0
GPGuyinAZ (79)

Search for fax number ?
Hi, Exchange 2003 single server and Outlook 2007 clients here. We have a bunch of contacts in a public folder. If we type an office phone number in the search box the result is there. But if we type the fax number it does not find it. Is there any way to make the fax number field searchable ? BTW I tried with Outlook 2010 beta and it does not work either. Thanks. I've been doing Exchange peer support for nearly 15 years and I've never heard that asked for before. The only way I know to do that is with an LDAP query tool like LDP or a custom script, sorry. -...

count number of cells
What is the formula to count the number of cells that start with a particular character? What I really want to do is count how the number of cells in a column that start with a through e. I have tried several things but can't quite come up with the magic formula. thanks for your help. =COUNTIF(A1:A20,"A*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"B*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"C*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"D*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"E*") -- David Biddulph "tagout" <tagout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B624B5C-E73A-4481-A3E7-C9207F72DAB...

How to, number of entries
In cells C31 : F55 I have entries of either a value or a word or blank. In cell Q39 I want to have the total number of entries for those cells. So if 40 entries are made then the total to be 40, meaning it does not count the blank cells. Is there a simple formula for doing this. thank you. Hi, Am Thu, 15 Jul 2010 21:00:42 +0100 schrieb SS: > In cells C31 : F55 I have entries of either a value or a word or blank. > In cell Q39 I want to have the total number of entries for those cells. =COUNTA(C31:F55) or =100-COUNTBLANK(C31:F55) (C31:F55 are 100 cells) Regards Claus Busch --...

input numbers for code
I have a macro that currently pulls cases from a master list and sorts them by the month that case reviews are due. I maintain this file for 6 months. Currently, the months I am pulling are March through August. However, next month, I will be pulling April through September, then May through October, etc. Since I am a novice with code, the only way I know to change the months sorted is to go into the code each month and adjust the month date in each of 6 modules. The dates in the list and code are in the format of "03 10", "04 10", etc. Here is the cod...

Page number in cell
How add page number in cell, not in headers or footers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com VBA macro. Sub PrintWithPgNumInTitleRow() 'print with page number in A1 Dim NumPages As Long, Pg As Long NumPages = ExecuteExcel4Macro("Get.document(50)") ActiveSheet.Range("TotalPages").Value = NumPages For Pg = 1 To NumPages With ActiveSheet .Range("A1").Value = Pg .PrintOut from:=Pg, To:=Pg End With Next Pg End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 1 May 2004 18:45:43 -0500, davidaloi <<dav...

Page Numbering for TextBoxes and Continued on/from
Hello All, I have a template that is a 24" X 11" page with three textboxes of 7.5"W X 11". Basically, I am placing Word docs on this template, with each textbox representing a page. My problem is that I can't find any way to automatically page number the textboxes or make use of the Continued from/on option that will reference the hitherto non-existent textbox page numbers. Any tips out there? Thanks in advance for the assistance. ...

get number of rows
HI, Anyone who can help? I have 2 worksheets. I want to compare the number of used rows of both worksheet, If the number does not match, I want it to display a ERROR MSG "Sheet1 has (blank) number and Sheet2 has (blank) number. Do you wish to proceed?" Any help will be highly appreciated. THANKS! Hi The macro below uses two approaches to calculate number of rows. r1 calculate last row in used range. r2 calculate last row with data in column A. Sub aaa() r1 = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row r2 = Workshe...

Wrong numbers on axes
I have encountered some strange numbering problems on graphs in a number of my files. The x axis time values: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 are appearing in some graphs as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 1 1 1 All the graphs's axes label source is the same set of cells. Changing the cells to different ones makes no difference, the difference seems to be in each graph's settings. In some other graphs I am getting a similar problem, the numbers 1-31 having the 20s appear as 2s. Interestingly if the axes is formatted as a number to 2 decimal places (in the faulty graphs) you end up w...

select and drag: sequencing numbers doesn't work
Hi, a user has a problem with the following: when, in a worksheet, he selects numbered cells in a column and drags the black cross down, Excel keeps writing the same numbers again and again, instead of sequencing them. The sheet has Autofilter switched on. I advised to switch off Autofilter and switch it on when finished. This only helped in certain files and ranges. Hans and Dee Another trick is to use the right button to drag down. When released, it will show a menu. Select "Fill Series". You will need only one number to start, not two. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

Social Security Numbers & Leading Zeros
I imported over 3000 records that are tied to social security numbers. The SS numbers come in as text and I need to change them to numbers. How do I do this and retain leading zeros? -- Thanks, CSS Wasn't aware that social security numbers could begin with a zero they must have changed things. In any case you want to use text for such identifying "numbers". The usual problem reported is with credit card numbers that are 16 digits and Excel only handles 15 significant digits so you must use TEXT or suffer the consequences of unbillable "numbers" since the last...

Converting strings to numbers
I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce the number 1258, which can then be used in other calculations. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm using Excel from Office 2000 Many thanks Formula =--(C9&D9&E9&F9) VBA code varData = --(Range("C9") & Range("D9") & Range("E9") & Range("F9")) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Big Bitty" wrote: > I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce > the number 1258, which can then be used i...

Excel changes the values of my numbers
I have coded a simple user form in Excel that calculates a balance an assigns the proper values to cells in a worksheet. What I don' understand is that when I enter a number into the user form, the valu of that number changes once it gets assigned to the cell in th worksheet. For example, if I enter the number 542.73 ,the user for assigns the number to the proper cell in the worksheet but it shows u as 542.72998046875. It should show up as 542.73 because that's what entered. I am calculating a running balance so my calculations aren' coming out right. Sometimes they are off ...

Box next to Find icon on OL 2003 toolbar
Sorry, I started to write a message earlier which got posted before completing with an accidental keystroke. I use OL 2003 and have a box on my toolbar which shows up when I am accessing email and when accessing contacts. It is right next to the Find icon and has a field into which one can type letters and a drop-down arrow which reveals a list of contacts I have looked up. I understand the "Find" icon. It is a toggle which either reveals or hides another toolbar used for searching. However the box seens to have no usefulness. If I highlight a contact in the list and press ente...

Sorting numbers with multiple decimal points?
Hi - I'm sure this is covered in some docs somewhere, but it's hard to know what to search for. I have a spreadsheet (using Excel 2003 SP1) in which I have a number of rows that have an "ID" field taking the format "X.X.X.X" where X is a number from 0 to 100. Like this: 1.1.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.4 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.0.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.2 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.3 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.5 blah blah rest of ...

Automatic number fill-in on Labels
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D380870-FF28-4227-B724-301AC3EC9A8D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on > Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 ...

Phone number normalizing
hi I am using this code to normaliza the phone number. However i also want it to normalize if the phonne number is in the format 021abcdef or 021 abcdeff. Can someone please advice me what i need to amend to this code to get this functionality going. Kind Regards Ridhima // Get the field that fired the event. var oField = event.srcElement; // Validate the field information. if (typeof(oField) != "undefined" && oField != null) { // Remove any nonnumeric characters. var sTmp = oField.DataValue.replace(/[^0-9]/g, ""); // If the number has a valid length, format ...

Q: How to make "whole" numbers?
Hello NG, i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,93 a "whole number" (as we call it in german), wich in this case would be 5. please don't mix it up with ROUND. round would have made a 6 out of it. what i want, is that all these numbers e.g. 5,01 5,45 5,9 would be turned into a 5 thanx in advance, Tom. -- _______________________ http://tom.lautenbacher.biz _______________________ On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 02:45:25 +0200, "Tom H. Lautenbacher" <Lautenbacher@gmx.net> wrote: >Hello NG, > >i want to tell excel, to make out of a number e.g. 5,...

Check Number
I have three companies setup. Each company has one bank - which we use both for payroll and Payables. The bank and the check books are setup identically. On one of the companies, the "next check number" field does not update after posting checks. The user has to manually override the next check number everytime they print checks. Thanks Is the same user printing checks for all companies? Are the checks printed and posting attempted immediately? Is posting completing properly? Is the one company with the problem much older? Could the check numbers be duplicating existing ...

Copy to next empty row, if not a match
I have the following code to copy data from one sheet to another: Sheets("CallerInput").Range("B29:BQ29").Copy _ Sheets("InfoLoader").Range("B" & LastRow(Sheets("InfoLoader")) + 1) However, cell B29 in the range to be copied is a date. How can I amend this code to first look down column B of the paste target in "InfoLoader". It would then overtype any day already held, or otherwise paste to the end? Thanks in advance Steve You can use application.match() to see if there's a date that matches: Option Explicit Sub testme(...

row number: specifying the group when using "over group"
I'm having a problem with row numbers in a report with three groupings. The exact subject matter is a bit arcane, so as an example I'll use taxi cabs. My question is simple: how do I get the desired result (listed third below)? In other words, how do I specify the group when asking for a running sum "Over Group"? (The hypothetical data assumes as fixed-width font.) Thank you, Alec -------------------- OVER ALL -------------------- Row | Day: Tuesday ------------ Driver: Alice ------------- Odometer Start | Odometer Stop ...

How can I get a table to autoflow to next text box?
I imported a table from Word that was bigger than the page in Publisher. I want the table to start flowing to the next textbox on the next page. The textboxes are already linked. Tables will not auto-flow to the next page. "aljam" <aljam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23F3A2F9-4375-41E5-998B-EFC9DC2FC525@microsoft.com... >I imported a table from Word that was bigger than the page in Publisher. I > want the table to start flowing to the next textbox on the next page. The > textboxes are already linked. ...

Page Number Issues
I have a 50 page booklet in Publisher and I want to add page numbers to it. Problem: I want page 1 to begin printing on page 4. First three pages are forward, dedication, title page etc. Can I start page one on a page other than one without manually numbering each page? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... > Ed and what is that going to do for you? I just tested it Insert 100 pages into a blank publication Insert > Section Check "Start a new section with this page" and "...

input mask for numbers
Hi to everyone, I'm looking for a way to create an input mask to insert decimal numbers like this: _____________.__ In the first part I should be able to write the number (at least 10 digits) and after the point, it is the decimal part, two numbers. At moment, on the table design mode I configured the field Data Type to "Number" and for the General tab I chose: Single, Standard and 3 respectively for Field Size, Format, Decimal Places. Is it possible to use the facility of the input mask in the form's text box and to manage a numeric data type at same time?How can I do this...