newbie

joining the group
0
cthomas23 (1)

Hey Newbie

where are you from and what versiona re you using?

Fliehigh

"cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote:

> joining the group

0
Fliehigh (443)

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

eConnect newbie
Hi, I've installed eConnect 7.5 and am planning to use this to read & write xml files to GP can anyone give me samples or examples of how to do this, also my company is planning to upgrade to GP 9 shortly are there major changes between each version? Thanks in advance. JimB If you've installed eConnect, then you have several samples already. They are located in the samples folder underneath the eConnect installation. The changes from 7.5 to 9.0 are fairly minimal. Mostly, there are new xml elements that can be included, but many of those are optional. It's my gue...

MDI newbie ?
I want to add a "reload" command that will close the current(and only) document and reload it again. Here is what I have tried so far: <code> AfxGetMainWnd()->PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_NEW); while(AfxGetApp()->GetOpenDocumentCount() > 0); AfxGetApp()->OpenDocumentFile(currentFluPath); </code> This doesn't work, because, as I've learned ID_FILE_NEW create just that, a new blank document so count is still 1. I can't figure out what I should check for, how I can know when the ID_FILE_NEW is done so that I can call OpenDocumentFile() Does ...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...

Run Integration Quicker-Newbie
I am running an integration to import sales orders for invoicing. I use several additional query criteria in IM, but I do not think these criteria are passed to SQL Server 2000. Instead, the records are returned, then the criteria are applied. The integration is taking quite a bit of time to run. Does anyone have an idea on how to pass the criteria to SQL Server, or any other ideas to increase the performance? Thanks. use a SQL Server View "Shannon LeVert" <slevert@aviagen.com> wrote in message news:06c701c46daa$fbad4100$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am running an in...

newbie question about IDE / ADO.net integration
Hi guys, I have made a console application that reads .mdb file. The way I achieved it was using the IDE, it was pretty much automatically, just dragging the mdb file into the idea, writing few sql strings in the wizard, and it generate the adapter,dataset and etc. classes automatically. 2 questions: 1) How is this process/model called ? Is it XSD ? named Datasets ? I want to know when asking questions regarding this, how to refer it in the future. 2) The connection string to the mdb file is in the setting, and I'd like to pass it as a command line argument to my application...

Newbie here
I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it shows the text and then "undefined". Any help on that would be great! On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:54:01 -0700, Newbie <Newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm saving my Visio flowchart as a html page, when hovering over a shape it >shows the text and then "undefined". > >Any help on that would be great! Which version of Visio and which version of IE (I assume you are using IE to view the pages)? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Visio Utilities http...

NEWBIE needs help #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C44FBE.6761CDE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I got this from http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html and I = have entered the formula as they spell out, but nothing is happening! = Why? Please help a newbie that needs help now. In this example the ticket numbers are in cells B2:G4, and the = drawn numbers are entered in cells B6:G6 1.. Select cells B2:G4=20 2.. Choose Format|Conditional Formatting=20 3.. Fr...

Another Newbie
I am new to using excel in a power user manner. I am trying to average percentage from two cells (=B53/B54%) worksheet 1 (Day One through Day 22) to a master sheet. I need the master sheet to have 22 working days and the % for each day. Is there a way (Auto Fill?) to automactically fill the 22 Days on the Master sheet besides entering each manuauly? Thanks in advance. If you go to the bottom right of a cell the cursor changes to a thick, black arrow. When this happens, you can click the mouse button and drag-and-copy that cell formula to other cells, and it will update as it goes. -- HTH...

newbie-sys.dm_db_index_physical_stats
Hello, where can I find this function? I'm looking int system view, but I can't find this function... Can anyone tell me the right way? Thanks in advance Hi Under master database, Functions---SystemFunctions----Table-Valued Functions "Alciabide" <alces@nothing.no> wrote in message news:4b4ede2d$0$1113$4fafbaef@reader2.news.tin.it... > Hello, where can I find this function? > I'm looking int system view, but I can't find this function... > Can anyone tell me the right way? > Thanks in advance > > ...

Newbie
Hi, I have just installed Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server on our demo network. I have not touched exchange since v5.5 Is there a simple guide to tell the steps involved to configure messaging and stuff? to prevent relaying, security, spam etc... Thanks in advance. /MAQ "MAQ" <pakmaq@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23jWkHuxGEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have just installed Exchange 2003 on Win2003 server on our demo network. I > have not touched exchange since v5.5 > > Is there a simple guide to tell the steps involved to configure me...

how to not show comand prompt
I have a MFC prog that needs to fire a command based prog. everything seems to be going fine but I would like to be able to not have the command box 'flash up' before finishing it's job. Basically I'd like to make it 'silent' and run in the background if you get what I mean. I dont really want to mess around with the console app and convert it to a DLL if I can help it. Is there an easy way of getting the current application directory BTW? For a beginner such as myself most of the explanaitions I've read seem a little vauge. Mind you if I keep trying long eno...

newbie question
I just bought Visio 2002 Standard for database modeling and diagrams but there doesn't seem to be any templates for databases. Do I need to have a different version (professional perhaps)? Thanks for your help! -Dave Database modeling is in Visio 2002 Professional or Enterprise Architect. Standard doesnt have Database modeling unfortunately. -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Dave" <dps@tyndale.com> wrote in message news:0ae001c34014$2ab11dc0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just bought Visio 2002 Stand...

Newbie needs help
I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, give a date (3 november) and todays date, and divide the days between now and 3 november by the amount in the cell. Nov 3- 24 oct = 10 cell = 28 28/10 = 2.8 I've tried using the Today() and Now () function but I can't figgure it out. If I set cell a10 to Today() and a11 to 3-Nov then set a12=a11-a10 I get 10 Jan! What am I doing wrong here? Ken kg0wx at comcast dot net "Ken Bessler" <kg0wx@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:jfqdnZDg_ex9qgSiRVn-ug@comcast.com... > I'm trying to take an amount in a cell, g...

newbie socket question
I have a C# client/server network program I've written using TCPListener and TCPClient classes. The server is reading everything from the client (small amounts of xml) just fine until I try to send a large file (100k) back to the client. I'm using stream functions for both client and server with non-blocking socket functions. When I do a socket.SendFile("filename") back to the client, the file is getting cut off - I've set the receive buffer size on the client to well past 100k but it still gets cut off around 25k and the communication between client and server is...

newbie -
I have to redirect lots of emails (inc. attachments) I recive in my inbox to a specific email address. I would like to add a "forward to a friend" button in Outlook (using VBA code). I couldn't find a sample that works. Please advise... Bsc.@yourService <Bsc.@yourService@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to redirect lots of emails (inc. attachments) I recive in my > inbox to a specific email address. I would like to add a "forward to > a friend" button in Outlook (using VBA code). I couldn't find a > sample that works. Please advise....

Newbies
Hi, I have to learn MFC fr my job I find many documenst that I have to read, bu I don't have a lot of time. My tasks is the create a project to be able to draw a line and after copy this line as a Metafile et paste it on a word document My question is where can I find a good example about drawing a line of a rectangle with MFC? is there is any example about copying a image or a line or... as metafile? or where can I find documents about metafiles Thanks a lot for your help Depends on how extensive is your drawing requirements. Here is an example from microsoft, this might be m...

Newbie Question: eBay PayPal Accounts
I'm a new Money user (2003 ed.) Can someone advise me how to deal with an eBay PayPal account? I was initially showing PayPal payments made on eBay through my credit card account but this doesn't work for payments received. I assume I would be better setting up a separate PayPal account in Money but how do I work this with my credit card account? If this query is dealt with in an FAQ can someone point me to it? Thanks. Dean How do you get the money paid to you via PayPal? Is it deposited into a checkings or savings account? I would lean toward entering the transactions into the...

Stocks for newbies
Hey guys, I'm looking for resources about trading stocks. I'd like to understand more about it, what some of the different terminology etc is, and those sorts of things. Also, if any of you currently buy and trade, which online site do you use (if you don't know a broker personally) and do you use any software for quotes aside from the online site you use. How real time are the quotes you receive etc. I assume websites like ameritrade and etrade etc are supposed to be "realtime" give or take a view seconds...? What about software like Personal Stock Monitor? Currently ...

Newbie questions about Email
Hi, Im having trouble setting up and understanding MS CRM3.0. I have the SBS edition installed on a server and all seems to be working correctly except the incoming email. Ive gone thru the email routing wizard and I set up an email address crmsales@mydomain.com, Ive checked in the rules for that account and it is set to create a new email with an attachment and resend it to itself. Ive sent emails to the account, and I see two come in, then they disappear....where are they going? What I would like to happen, is for an email that comes into that account to create a lead, automaticall...

Newbie Question:
I'm new to MFC coming from VB.net. Been a while since I've studied C++. I'm trying to do a basic MFC basic web browser app based on CHtmlView and I'm trying to pass a URL to the navigate function.. I've modified the 'about' dialog box to input a URL and try to pass it to the navigate function when the OK button is pressed. But I'm running into "Navigate" identifier not found. The Navigate function is part of the "WebBrowser1View" class. ==> How would I call that function from withing the "WebBrowser1" class? thanks, T...