negative receipt

A customer of ours has sent us a check for $1000.  It pays 3 open invoices
for $400 each totaling $1200.  They are also crediting an old invoice that
was previously paid in full for $200.  What is the correct procedure for
handling this scenario.
0
Brian8214 (439)

Brian,

If you agree with them crediting the $200 for the old invoice, then you need
to enter a credit memo for $200...apply it to one of the invoices, then you
will be left with $1000 due on your 3 invoices and a $1000 check.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A customer of ours has sent us a check for $1000.  It pays 3 open invoices
> for $400 each totaling $1200.  They are also crediting an old invoice that
> was previously paid in full for $200.  What is the correct procedure for
> handling this scenario.

0
victoria (3340)

Foreign Currency on Receipt
What do I need to add to the receipt template to print the transaction total in a different currency? For example, my default currency is US and in the Footer I want to enter the price in Euro and Pounds. Thanks, Jason If you just want to show the transaction subtotal, you can use the <CURRENCY> tag to convert the subtotal to an alternate currency. I don't think you would want to do this at the line item level as it seems like it would just be confusing... This goes near the top of the xml file with the rest of SET Statements "EUR" in this example is the Curr...

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

Negative Allocation
I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to fix this? Have you run the inventory reconcile process? (Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile) "Eric Capponi" wrote: > I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed > and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not...

receipt question
This one should be easy :) If I set the Receipt Count to 2, how do I get the epson TM-T88IV printer to cut inbetween the two copies? Thanks In Store Operations Manager - Receipt Format Properties, set CC Paper Cut Percent (OPOS) to 75 "christian" wrote: > This one should be easy :) > > If I set the Receipt Count to 2, how do I get the epson TM-T88IV printer to > cut inbetween the two copies? > > Thanks ...

making a negative effect
I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any help would be appreciated dctakj <dctakj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an > invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any > help would be appreciated Printing this on white paper will be expensive because of the amount of ink used. Printing this in black paper will be (virtually) impossible. Now that's under your belt,...

Gift receipt #3
Has anyone found a way to generate a second recpt after a sale is completed that would be a gift recpt? Ideally, after the sale is finished, I would like to have a programmed button that would "reprint" the last recpt in a gift format, ie no retail prices. Xmas is coming soon! Thanks - Tad see yesterday's thread on this topic... -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the infor...

Cancelling Read Receipts #2
I accidentally allowed two Read Receipts to be send via an obsolete mail server - consequently they bounce back every time we email and we can't find how to delete or cancel them. Help please ?? Are they actually bouncing back or just apparently 'stuck', waiting to be sent? If they are definitely stuck in Outlook, either change the SMTP server for that account to use one you can send on or see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSta...

Negative Expenses
I'm using Money 2007 Premium but have had this problem in the last several versions as well. Why is it that if I record a negative expensive, it is not reflected in the reports? An example: Let's say I go out to dinner with a friend. We receive the check and I pay by credit card and my friend pays me with cash to cover his/her part. I record the restaurant in the Food: Dining Out category in my credit card account and then record that I received the cash in my Cash account and classify it as a negative expense to the same category. However, when I view the reports, only the pos...

Receipt detail missing
Hi there We have a site that uses POP with Receipting. We have a receipt document that has a header and a footer but no detail. The document has been invoiced matched. I have run checklinks and reconcile and it still appears like that. Is there anyway that I can fix this? Regards Robin Ouch, if you look at the data in the Purchasing Receipt Line POP10310 (or History POP30310 depending) does the receipt lines appear except maybe they are missing the document number from the header? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and C...

Negative Zero?
Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather than a simple zero. Why is this? probably a small diff somewhere in the 15 digits of the number -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F5D9-3A15-4A97-93E1-B442A948E3E0@microsoft.com... > Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather > than a simple zero. Why is this? It means that your result is less than zero, but not within the precision you are displaying. For example, ...

RE: Receipt Modifications
Hi , I am trying to make a modification on the Z- report . I am trying to get the batch number to show up on the report. I am using the variable Report.Batch.BatchNumber. For some reason it is not returning any value . However I am using these variables and they are working: Report.Batch.StartDate Report.Batch.Starttime Report.Batch.EndDate Report.Batch.Endtime Can anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong ? I am not getting any error either. Thanks Rene the guilty code would help us out. "Rene" <Rene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF...

PO Receipt Costs Mismatched
I am looking for a report or table relationship that would allow me to see the unit cost on the PO Shipment Receipt and compare it to the corrresponding unit cost on the PO Invoice Receipt and list any where the two unit costs were not the same. I think you would need to write this one yourself in Crystal or SRS -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Rich Wheeler" wrote: > I am looking for a report or table relationsh...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

Problem with Tax variables on receipt
Hello, I have 2 questions about the full page receipt. Is it possible to - display the tax % or tax code per line (item) on a receipt? And which variables I have to use. And - I want on the bottom the totals per tax %: Total without tax, Total tax, Total with tax Hope somebody can help me with this, because I get it working. -- Kind regards, Raymond Bakker ReBuS b.v. The Netherlands Hello, Finaly the first question works :) I used entry.taxcode, but this doesn't work. But entry.taxrate (only for internal use is saw) works fine! Now I have only one problem left, hope somebody ...

Quote product line should allow for negative extended amounts.
Quote product lines should allow for negative amounts. A situation where this is required is when dealing with bulk discounts. We want the ability to apply a product line with a negative value and have the overall quote value reflect this change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Excel Formula Negative/Negative =+%
I am trying to write a formula to correct negative %..... Example....-500 2005 -400 for 2004 Variance = -100 Variance % is showing 25% should be (-)25%......How to write formula? "BigDon" <BigDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B10D8375-FCE5-49A9-9A5D-3DD2C39C5868@microsoft.com... > > I am trying to write a formula to correct negative %..... > Example....-500 2005 -400 for 2004 Variance = -100 > > Variance % is showing 25% should be (-)25%......How to write > formula? > Hi, First, I would suggest considering whether you actually want ...

negative numbers in smartlists
When generating my items usage in a smartlist the quantity comes up xxxx-. Excel does not recognize this field as a number. Consequently, I can't do a calculation on this field in Excel. Is this a formatting that can be changed up front in GP? If not, is there an easy way to reformat the fields in Excel? Ok -- I have discovered that on at least 1 other person's workstation the number comes in as a number when running this smartlist. A GP formatting question? ...

Receipt with Serial Number
I need a receipt template that will print the serial number on it. I have checked out Customer Source, and can't find one. Could someone send one if they have it. If not, can you tell me how to modify an existing receipt to show the serial number? Thanks! ...

Balances negative
I accepted a downloaded transaction today and Money 2004 crashed on me. When I restarted, I noticed that my checking account balance was negative and several unsent electronic billpay transactions had materialized. The only backup I had seems to not work (damn floppies). Ive tried both a quick and standard repair as well as deleting my IE temp files. Any ideas? I need help!!! I forgot to add that when I view all transactions in the register, everything looks fine. It's when I switch to View unreconciled transactions that the balance screws up. Tommy Becker wrote: > I ac...

negative dates or times are displayed as # # # #
I have two cells that carry two different times as follow cell A1 has 00:05:00 cell A2 has 00:04:00 cell A3 should display the difference in negative way(-00:01:00). I only get ##### instead of the answer in cell A3 and a message reads (negative dates or times are displayed as # # # #) Your help will be much appricated. thanks That's what Excel does; it cannot work with negative time/dates You could try =ABS(A2-A1) and have a flag in an adjacent cell =IF(A2<A1,"Neg","Pos") best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &quo...

Custom Receipt problem
I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource. My receipt is a half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format. I have also added the following to the bottom of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area: <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW> </THEN> </IF> <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW> </THE...

smartlist negative number for returns
I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist builder? Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and multiply by -1. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.b...

How to add a read receipt button to the toolbar
I have recently migrated from Eudora to Outlook 2003, and really miss the ability to toggle the read receipt button right on the toolbar in a new message window. Is there a way to replicate this feature in Outlook 2003 (so I don't have to click the options button, check the read receipt box, adn click close)? Thanks for any and all guidance. if it's not one of the options in view, toolbars, customize you'd need to write a VBA macro to do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips....

Convert positive # to negative
Hi, I heard that there is a smart icon that lets you convert a range with negative numbers to positive numbers and vice versa. Could someone tell me how to do it? Thanks for your help. Regards, BGN2 -- bgn2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bgn2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25774 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401361 Hi, Am not aware of this icon, but you can type -1 in any cell, copy that cell, select the range you need and choose Edit->Paste Special and ...

How to format negative currency as red with a negative sign?
I prefer positive numbers which are currency to be black, and negative numbers which are currency to be displayed in red along with the negative sign. Do you have to use a "Custom" format to accomplish that? If so, do you know what that would be? Thanks in advance. Hi, I run XL2000, so not sure if this will be the same for your version. Select your cell, then Format > Cells On the Number tab, select currency. You will see a list of options as to how negative numbers are displayed. In my version, the one you want is 4th. Regards - Dave. $#,##0.00;[Red]-$#,##0.00 Just replace ...