Negative Allocation

I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed
and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item
and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but
the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to
fix this?
0
Capponi (1)

Have you run the inventory reconcile process?

(Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile)

"Eric Capponi" wrote:

> I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed
> and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item
> and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but
> the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to
> fix this?
0
SteveChapman (349)

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

Negative Allocation
I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to fix this? Have you run the inventory reconcile process? (Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile) "Eric Capponi" wrote: > I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed > and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not...

making a negative effect
I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any help would be appreciated dctakj <dctakj@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to switch the black and white color of a tempalte for an > invitation from black background white lettering to opposite. any > help would be appreciated Printing this on white paper will be expensive because of the amount of ink used. Printing this in black paper will be (virtually) impossible. Now that's under your belt,...

Problem with Asset Allocator pie charts
Everything "seems" to be working fine with Money 2005 Premium (after restarting the program multiple times). I'm having a problem with many of the pie charts. They do not show up at all. I upgraded from Money 2004. Any ideas? I'm running Windows XP Professional if that's of any help. Thanks, Patrick I've seen them going on a new file on Win XP Pro - do you get them on a new file, or do they not appear on both a new and old one? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;...

Negative Expenses
I'm using Money 2007 Premium but have had this problem in the last several versions as well. Why is it that if I record a negative expensive, it is not reflected in the reports? An example: Let's say I go out to dinner with a friend. We receive the check and I pay by credit card and my friend pays me with cash to cover his/her part. I record the restaurant in the Food: Dining Out category in my credit card account and then record that I received the cash in my Cash account and classify it as a negative expense to the same category. However, when I view the reports, only the pos...

Negative Zero?
Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather than a simple zero. Why is this? probably a small diff somewhere in the 15 digits of the number -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Herbert" <Herbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9517F5D9-3A15-4A97-93E1-B442A948E3E0@microsoft.com... > Sometimes when I subtract a number from itself, I get a negative zero, rather > than a simple zero. Why is this? It means that your result is less than zero, but not within the precision you are displaying. For example, ...

Freight allocation to Inventory cost
Landed cost does not work for our company. We need the ability to apply an average Freight cost or a percentage to every item in inventory at the time it is received in. The cost could be applied by the weight of the product or a simple % increase. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Determine the number of bits in a negative number
I'd like to determine the number of bits (the position of the highest on bit) in a negative number (say -1) without using knowledge of its type. Valid operations would be AND, OR, XOR, negation, and one's compliment can be done as: 'Get a -1 of the same type as myvar Dim minus1: minus1 = myvar - (myvar + 1) Dim onesComp: onesComp = myvar XOR minus1 You could also use multiplication or division by 2 or other mathematical operators/functions, but then sign extension comes into play. The standard solution is to presume the answer given the type of the variable, but...

USB stick Drive letter allocation
I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because that is where software is specifically writing to. However, if I boot up without the USB memory stick another drive (the CD) is allocated to the now missing drive letter and I have to re-assign both of them to regain drive letter D. Is there a way to stop D being assigned to another drive - even if there is nothing there at the time of boot up? Thanks. Bill Bill R wrote: > I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because > that is where software is specifically...

Excel Formula Negative/Negative =+%
I am trying to write a formula to correct negative %..... Example....-500 2005 -400 for 2004 Variance = -100 Variance % is showing 25% should be (-)25%......How to write formula? "BigDon" <BigDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B10D8375-FCE5-49A9-9A5D-3DD2C39C5868@microsoft.com... > > I am trying to write a formula to correct negative %..... > Example....-500 2005 -400 for 2004 Variance = -100 > > Variance % is showing 25% should be (-)25%......How to write > formula? > Hi, First, I would suggest considering whether you actually want ...

Quote product line should allow for negative extended amounts.
Quote product lines should allow for negative amounts. A situation where this is required is when dealing with bulk discounts. We want the ability to apply a product line with a negative value and have the overall quote value reflect this change. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

negative numbers in smartlists
When generating my items usage in a smartlist the quantity comes up xxxx-. Excel does not recognize this field as a number. Consequently, I can't do a calculation on this field in Excel. Is this a formatting that can be changed up front in GP? If not, is there an easy way to reformat the fields in Excel? Ok -- I have discovered that on at least 1 other person's workstation the number comes in as a number when running this smartlist. A GP formatting question? ...

negative dates or times are displayed as # # # #
I have two cells that carry two different times as follow cell A1 has 00:05:00 cell A2 has 00:04:00 cell A3 should display the difference in negative way(-00:01:00). I only get ##### instead of the answer in cell A3 and a message reads (negative dates or times are displayed as # # # #) Your help will be much appricated. thanks That's what Excel does; it cannot work with negative time/dates You could try =ABS(A2-A1) and have a flag in an adjacent cell =IF(A2<A1,"Neg","Pos") best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email &quo...

Balances negative
I accepted a downloaded transaction today and Money 2004 crashed on me. When I restarted, I noticed that my checking account balance was negative and several unsent electronic billpay transactions had materialized. The only backup I had seems to not work (damn floppies). Ive tried both a quick and standard repair as well as deleting my IE temp files. Any ideas? I need help!!! I forgot to add that when I view all transactions in the register, everything looks fine. It's when I switch to View unreconciled transactions that the balance screws up. Tommy Becker wrote: > I ac...

smartlist negative number for returns
I am trying to create a smartlist that would return the soptype return and invoice but have the return amount appear as a negative number. I was able to return both doctypes with search type set to 'match one or more'. I am having trouble making the returns appear as negative amouts. Would I need smartlist builder? Yes. In SLB you can create a calculated field that will take the amount and multiply by -1. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.b...

Convert positive # to negative
Hi, I heard that there is a smart icon that lets you convert a range with negative numbers to positive numbers and vice versa. Could someone tell me how to do it? Thanks for your help. Regards, BGN2 -- bgn2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bgn2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25774 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=401361 Hi, Am not aware of this icon, but you can type -1 in any cell, copy that cell, select the range you need and choose Edit->Paste Special and ...

How to format negative currency as red with a negative sign?
I prefer positive numbers which are currency to be black, and negative numbers which are currency to be displayed in red along with the negative sign. Do you have to use a "Custom" format to accomplish that? If so, do you know what that would be? Thanks in advance. Hi, I run XL2000, so not sure if this will be the same for your version. Select your cell, then Format > Cells On the Number tab, select currency. You will see a list of options as to how negative numbers are displayed. In my version, the one you want is 4th. Regards - Dave. $#,##0.00;[Red]-$#,##0.00 Just replace ...

No Back Order Option when allocating Fulfillment orders by line
Even though the default quantity shortage option is "Back Order Balance" and all items are set to allow back orders; we cannot get a Back Order option when allocating orders by line. All "help" points out the Back Order options and only say I won't get them if the item doesn't allow back orders. What else could be wrong? When in Sales Transaction Entry, drill-down on the Order Type you are using and make sure that it is marked to "Transfer to Invoice" and that you have an Invoice ID entered there. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with ...

Negative to zero code
I went in and formatted a cell to: 0;"0";0 so that all negative numbers will be converted to zero. I have a textbox on a userform that I need to do the same thing. What code would I use? I tried this but it doesn't work: txtRemain.Value = Format(txtRemain.Value, "#,#00;""0""") Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks, ~Gabe This worked for me: Sub gh() Sheets(1).TextBox1.Text = 123.751 MsgBox "OK" Sheets(1).TextBox1.Text = _ Format(Sheet1.TextBox1.Text, "#,##0.00") End Sub &quo...

negative reciprocal
Is there a math.h function for finding the negative reciprocal of a fraction? Ideally something like: int nNumerator = 4; int nDenominator= 2; int nNewNumerator; int nNewDenomintator; magic(nNumerator, nDenominator, nNewNumerator, nNewDenomintator); nNewNumerator = -2; nNewDenomintator = 4; Thanks "markww" <markww@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158988223.213218.318370@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Is there a math.h function for finding the negative reciprocal of a > fraction? Ideally something like: > > int nNumerator = 4; > ...

Change Number to a negative in VBA
Hi I currently have a range of numbers which need to be change from a positive into a negative however I am not aware of the cell reference as the rows can be more or less. Does anyone know how to change a range of numbers from a positive into a negative using VBA. I actually need the number to be negative not just the format. Thanks Noemi Noemi If numbers are in Activecell column.......... Sub test() Dim rcel As Range Dim Rng As Range Set Rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, _ ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each rcel In Rng If rcel.Value <> ""...

how do i hide negative values in excel
I can hide zeroes but I also need to hide negative values as well. How can I get negatives values to hide? Select the range (or column) A) Use Format|Conditional Formatting Specify "Cell value", "Is less than" "0" and make the font white (or colour of cell background) that it disappears or B) use Format | Custom Format using something like $#,##0.00;"" best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ccarolla" <ccarolla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B93420D3-05BD-4A84-8EC0-C1...

negative receipt
A customer of ours has sent us a check for $1000. It pays 3 open invoices for $400 each totaling $1200. They are also crediting an old invoice that was previously paid in full for $200. What is the correct procedure for handling this scenario. Brian, If you agree with them crediting the $200 for the old invoice, then you need to enter a credit memo for $200...apply it to one of the invoices, then you will be left with $1000 due on your 3 invoices and a $1000 check. -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:888F6C5C-90...

exchange2003 std Allocated Memory
like in 5.5, is now possible to set the amount of memory exchange uses? Setting report limits higher is not controller the monster. Thank you for your support. Yes, you can through the Performance Optimizer. However, that is not a recommended practice. Be aware that Exchange's Information Store Service uses all available memory for caching of data, but will release memory when needed by other services. Are you sure that you're seeing a real problem and not an illusory one? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "BrianMu...

Formula to make Negative Values Positive & Positive Values Negative?
I would like to know if there is any way to have a formula/function that takes a value from another cell (I know how to do that part) and then makes the number negative if the original is positive - or else makes the number positive if the original is negative. Any ideas? -- mustard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mustard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20017 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=470855 Just multiply it by -1 example: =-1*A1 "mustard" wrote: ...