Need to reopen a closed PO

I have a purchase order with 4 line items that were all received.  2 line
items where invoiced/matched and the other two line items were not and A/P
needs to pay and match.  Someone edited these two line statuses to be Closed
and they are not available to enter/match invoices.  I also cannot edit the
line status in the Edit Purchase Order Status window ... the error is "This
line item has been closed.  You can't reopen it."  The PO and lines items are
still in the work tables ... is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Leslie

There is no way to open a closed line item in GP.

What about this work-around?

1) Edit PO and change status to Change Order
2) PO Entry.Add the other 2 items which have not been received yet. You
might want the item cost zero.
3) Shipment Receipt. Receive line item/s. Cost would be zero.No distribution
entries. Updates Inventory.
4) Enter/Match Invoice.Match Receipt with the correct item cost. There would
be distribution entries. Creates A/P.
5) PO Entry.To discard inventory effect, create Return trx for the same PO
Receipt of the same line item/s.

Goodluck!

"L_Ainscough" wrote:

> I have a purchase order with 4 line items that were all received.  2 line
> items where invoiced/matched and the other two line items were not and A/P
> needs to pay and match.  Someone edited these two line statuses to be Closed
> and they are not available to enter/match invoices.  I also cannot edit the
> line status in the Edit Purchase Order Status window ... the error is "This
> line item has been closed.  You can't reopen it."  The PO and lines items are
> still in the work tables ... is there any way around this?
>
> Thanks,
> Leslie
0
MCA (31)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

I need Help

need help badly

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

Outlook don't close (Outlook 2000)
When I try to close the Outlook , the sofware stuck on "Pleas waite While Microsoft Outlook exits", Olny when I close Outlook.exe from th Task Manager the Message disappear. Any help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

need help! very urgently needed
i am using an Activex control in a dialog based applicaton(VC++). created an member variable for that(myportcontroller). In a non-stati function i am able to call the Activex control methods using the membe variable and worked fine. But i need to call the activex control method in an static function. Here i cannot use the member variable as it is static function. So, i declared an object for Activex control class Using that object i called the methods. I had no compile time error But i am getting run time assertion error as "winocc.cpp line:345". Ca anybody help? I need very urgen...

need to get my mail
how can i get my hot mail from here You can't, this is a newsgroup, it has nothing to do with email. -- -- "carlos" <bartlett_1974@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$yffBZiKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > how can i get my hot mail from here Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the=20 only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. Earlier this year Microsoft enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!4...

Need Help Creating Directory
I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two columns it sets it up going left to right instead of down one column then the other. How do I get this done. I'm not sure how you managed that. Any chance you'd send it over to me and let me look at that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve Cook" <SteveCook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7DAB8B4-680E-4D46-A614-BB2FEC4ED35C@microsoft.com... >I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two > columns it sets it up going left t...

Need Char Comparer Help
Greetings, I'm writing some text-parsing code. I need to compare individual System.Char variables but need the option of ignoring case in the comparison. I need help in two areas. First, does anyone know a good way to compare characters ignoring case? I found a case insensitive comparer at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1394877/what-is-the-correct-way-to-compare-char-ignoring-case/1394909 but I'm not sure that's the best approach. Basically, he converts both characters to upper case (with every comparison). But I don't know if this is reliable and it was...